Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:11:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Morecoin analysis [bitcoin/USD market observations]  (Read 47466 times)
MatTheCat

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 08:37:26 PM

Posting here 'cause I like the thread. Hope you don't mind OP.

Yep.

Just about the only valuable thread in the whole forum.

He don't reveal much about his methods but the Morecoin Freeman certainly demonstrates an uncanny grasp of the BTC market. Write off his commentary at your own peril.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Morecoin Freeman (OP)

Activity: 854
Merit: 503

Legendary trader

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 11:23:20 PM
Last edit: February 20, 2016, 11:46:19 PM by Morecoin Freeman

Happy that you guys enjoy this thread.

I have the resistance at ~450 as well but I am not sure where this will bring us before it happens.
I remain comfortable with the general direction of the market:

A noticeable retrace touching the simple moving average (support) would not surprise me, but then again things are looking good on every time frame so I hold onto my long positions. I don't think that I can be of much help for predicting exact prices/targets. I will update as I learn more. Smiley

I also enjoy the sharing of ideas and analysis by others so thank you all for your replies.
More good reads: Nights Watch by Afrikoin and PnF TA.

(BITCOIN PRICE INDEX $439.12)

Ask the stranger he knows who you really are.
oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 02:38:08 PM

Posting here 'cause I like the thread. Hope you don't mind OP.

Short-term momentum (by price and price+volume) still looks solid to me, i.e. on sub-daily to daily.

(Bearish) divergences? No idea. I suck at spotting divs Cheesy

$450 is likely resistance by my count, but no idea how strong it might turn out to be. At least the DSMA50 seems 'conquered', so to speak.

Any thoughts on where we're heading, Morecoin?

Like a clockwork.

I guess we'll now find out whether it's hard resistance or not Smiley

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
yefi
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 1511

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 03:28:59 PM

Happy that you guys enjoy this thread.

You've made some pretty nice calls all in all - both on the bear trend and bull trend. Well done!
Morecoin Freeman (OP)

Legendary trader

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 06:04:05 AM

The anticipated retrace and bounce off of the simple moving average:

Very bullish sign. Enjoy!

(BITCOIN PRICE INDEX $433.13)

MatTheCat

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 11:16:47 AM

Always interested in what the Morecoin Freeman has to say about the Bitcoin market, but in this instance, I have to respectfully disagree. Obviously Morecoin Freeman bases his analysis on more than the poxy 12 hr BB on Bitcoinwisdom, but I will be damned if I know what it is, as the most conventional market signs are all pointing towards a test and likely breach of $400:

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
8up

Activity: 618
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 11:25:34 AM

Always interested in what the Morecoin Freeman has to say about the Bitcoin market, but in this instance, I have to respectfully disagree. Obviously Morecoin Freeman bases his analysis on more than the poxy 12 hr BB on Bitcoinwisdom, but I will be damned if I know what it is, as the most conventional market signs are all pointing towards a test and likely breach of $400:

I hope you are not shorting this baby too hard. It's dangerous territory.

Always wrong until not.
MatTheCat

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 11:47:24 AM

No shorting at all yet.

Waiting on the FU move up above the previous recent $438 high (bound to happen), and then waiting on market structure and momentum divergence to form on lower timeframes. If it all lines up nicely for me, then I will take the short.

Bear in mind, Bitcoin isn't being driven by some obese halfwit sitting in a Tokyo office block with his trading bots switched to permabull mode anymore. Bitcoin is owned and driven by a cabal of wealthy Chinese Bitcoiners and their interest is to extract a continual income stream from Bitcoin, and they don't do that by simply allowing Bitcoin to pump unabated. For these guys machinations to be overruled, their would have to be some incredibly strong fundmamental driver, such as Capital Flight from China....but just watch the equity markets recover between now and May, and the PBOC cause the odd spike in CNY value, in order to wipe out speculators who are betting against it.

Anything can happen here, but for my money, all the signs are pointing towards a deeper correction........longer term, 'halving event' n all...I anticipate much higher prices in Bitcoin, but in the absence of a real fundemental driver, I certainly don't see any new ATH's anywhere on the horizon......

....if I am fortunate enough to be long Bitcoin at the time when it hits $800 zone, I imagine that I will be cashing out, hand over fist......I hope......although resisting drinking the Kool-Aid can be tough, but hopefully I have by now learned my lessons.

8up

Activity: 618
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 11:55:35 AM

No shorting at all yet.

Waiting on the FU move up above the previous recent $438 high (bound to happen), and then waiting on market structure and momentum divergence to form on lower timeframes. If it all lines up nicely for me, then I will take the short.

Bear in mind, Bitcoin isn't being driven by some obese halfwit sitting in a Tokyo office block with his trading bots switched to permabull mode anymore. Bitcoin is owned and driven by a cabal of wealthy Chinese Bitcoiners and their interest is to extract a continual income stream from Bitcoin, and they don't do that by simply allowing Bitcoin to pump unabated. For these guys machinations to be overruled, their would have to be some incredibly strong fundmamental driver, such as Capital Flight from China....but just watch the equity markets recover between now and May, and the PBOC cause the odd spike in CNY value, in order to wipe out speculators who are betting against it.

Anything can happen here, but for my money, all the signs are pointing towards a deeper correction........longer term, 'halving event' n all...I anticipate much higher prices in Bitcoin, but in the absence of a real fundemental driver, I certainly don't see any new ATH's anywhere on the horizon......

....if I am fortunate enough to be long Bitcoin at the time when it hits $800 zone, I imagine that I will be cashing out, hand over fist......I hope......although resisting drinking the Kool-Aid can be tough, but hopefully I have by now learned my lessons.

Very reasonable argumentation. +1

Always wrong until not.
Afrikoin
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

alan watts is all you need

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 12:55:14 PM

It couldgo downto $390 and still be bullish.

I see your scenario and I am watching it as well.

But my top watch pattern is this for now. Until its broken

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 02:37:53 PM

It couldgo downto $390 and still be bullish.

I see your scenario and I am watching it as well.

But my top watch pattern is this for now. Until its broken

Your triangle is valid to the C wave low ($352.50 but no less). I kind of expect a failure to hit the lower trendline (something around 400), but would not be surprised to see a slight break of it to trip the stops that are based on that triangle.

Morecoin Freeman (OP)

Legendary trader

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 03:28:56 PM

Ha I was wrong! In hindsight I should have jumped ship when it started trading under the simple moving average:

Where does this leave us? Any coin under $400 is a cheap coin because for the price to consolidate around ~420 is still not too far-fetched.

(BITCOIN PRICE INDEX $395.79)

RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 08:46:22 PM

Ha I was wrong! In hindsight I should have jumped ship when it started trading under the simple moving average:

Where does this leave us? Any coin under $400 is a cheap coin because for the price to consolidate around ~420 is still not too far-fetched.

It happens! As long as the triangle holds, things should look better soon.
That poke of the lower trend line happened... Probably stopping some longs out. We'll soon see how it pans out.

Afrikoin
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

alan watts is all you need

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 02:34:11 PM

That poke of the lower trend line happened... Probably stopping some longs out. We'll soon see how it pans out.

if you were/are trading this probable move, what price would you buy at for a safe risk/reward confidence level?

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Morecoin Freeman (OP)

Legendary trader

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 04:33:34 PM

I increased my position at $394. Maybe my outlook is a tad optimistic but I can see the anticipated block reward halving bring us past $500.
Technically we are still trading in the triangle which is positive, especially considering yesterday's excessive sell-off. Short term: probably sideways.

Regarding the negative tone of the news, I believe that bitcoin is likely to scale long term. This recent block size debate marks another phase in bitcoin's development, and there is no such thing as bad publicity. Some of the smartest people in the world are involved.
Digital cash... what did you think was going to happen?

(BITCOIN PRICE INDEX $409.57)

RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 04:40:34 PM

if you were/are trading this probable move, what price would you buy at for a safe risk/reward confidence level?

imo, anything below $400 is a buy and above 352.50 (C wave low). Right now, I have my sights set on 375ish as a bottom which may trigger some more stops. Bullish case, as long as 352 holds, is potentially above 600. A break below 352.50 is very bearish.

keystroke

Activity: 900
Merit: 1014

advocate of a cryptographic attack on the globe

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 06:57:49 PM

imo, anything below $400 is a buy and above 352.50 (C wave low). Right now, I have my sights set on 375ish as a bottom which may trigger some more stops. Bullish case, as long as 352 holds, is potentially above 600. A break below 352.50 is very bearish.
Your signature says still bearish. That reflects your medium term view?

"The difference between a castle and a prison is only a question of who holds the keys."
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 08:25:38 PM

Your signature says still bearish. That reflects your medium term view?

Yes!
I am still bearish. The recent news is just fuel to the fire that I have seen as possible for over a year now. It may make my C-wave chart come to fruition sooner than I recently thought, even a couple of weeks ago. If the market takes it as a severe enough situation, then 352.50 will be broken, the triangle wasn't actually a triangle and we be doomin'. ETH goes up more and extends the pump.

If the 352.50 level holds (preferably higher if it's going to) then we get triangle completion, a thrust wave as high as 700 +/- a bit, and completion of the bear market counter trend (suckers rally) for wave-B (or X) and we see continuation of the bear trend (not necessarily breaking 100$, but it is possible). I don't see ATH's this year.

Tzupy
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1074

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 09:17:03 PM

I have a different view, if 300$ holds I think it will be clearly bullish, with about 750$ around the halving.
Below 300$, if gets bearisher, but if 200$ won't be broken, a bullish scenario is still possible.
For the next 2 weeks I expect to continue a downtrend, ending with the 300$ support testing.

Sometimes, if it looks too bullish, it's actually bearish
MatTheCat

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 12:12:02 PM

Yes!
I am still bearish. The recent news is just fuel to the fire that I have seen as possible for over a year now. It may make my C-wave chart come to fruition sooner than I recently thought, even a couple of weeks ago. If the market takes it as a severe enough situation, then 352.50 will be broken, the triangle wasn't actually a triangle and we be doomin'. ETH goes up more and extends the pump.

If the 352.50 level holds (preferably higher if it's going to) then we get triangle completion, a thrust wave as high as 700 +/- a bit, and completion of the bear market counter trend (suckers rally) for wave-B (or X) and we see continuation of the bear trend (not necessarily breaking 100$, but it is possible). I don't see ATH's this year.

A) What recent news?

B) If this is a bull, then $38x holds, and we resolve this symmetrical triangle upon next attempt at resistance trendline. If we have to go down to $352, then this is no longer a symmetrical triangle, but a descending triangle, and those have an 80% chance of resolving bearishly. If BTC hits $352, I am sure there will be a bounce of some sort there, with it being an important support, but the bearish writing would be on the wall at that point I would say.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: