Bitcoin Forum
June 13, 2024, 10:05:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How would you introduce Bitcoin to your friends and family?  (Read 10885 times)
gkv9
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 04:01:55 AM

I would prefer to let them be told to come here and learn by themselves, and nothing's a better experience than learning it on their own...
It ain't about any complex like "it was not taught to me by someone, so why should I teach anyone?" but it's like I have myself felt that learning it alone and asking everyone here to the community is far better then letting them know everything, even starting through basics...

As if we go through basics, then too they will only grab 25-30% of what we taught them, and won't be satisfied, so I prefer doing it themselves is better than us letting them know anything about it... I ain't saying we shouldn't help them, of course we might help them with all their queries, but not in one go, let them learn everything one by one and become a wise member of the Bitcoin Community... Smiley

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 04:24:56 AM

I would prefer to let them be told to come here and learn by themselves, and nothing's a better experience than learning it on their own...
It ain't about any complex like "it was not taught to me by someone, so why should I teach anyone?" but it's like I have myself felt that learning it alone and asking everyone here to the community is far better then letting them know everything, even starting through basics...

As if we go through basics, then too they will only grab 25-30% of what we taught them, and won't be satisfied, so I prefer doing it themselves is better than us letting them know anything about it... I ain't saying we shouldn't help them, of course we might help them with all their queries, but not in one go, let them learn everything one by one and become a wise member of the Bitcoin Community... Smiley

I personally think a lot of bitcoin is a community.   You help each other, you can find info look for info.    I think you should help them get into it.   I'm not saying do it all for them but help them get into it.

I know I was able to get a family member into bitcoins.  It's actually a lot of fun to be able to talk to them with it.   Share the knowledge you will be surprised how much fun it is.
stromma44

Activity: 952

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 06:24:13 PM

First of all I would know that are they really willing to take part in knowing the concept of bitcoin or not?? As the older generation would not be that keen as compared to friends in knowing about the bitcoin so I would explain them bitcoin as a whole since its inception and also refer them few videos on youtube.
moppang
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 06:44:03 PM

I just wanna say, bitcoin is cryptocurrency and good to use for online shop or buy product via online.
zeraTunerse

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 07:52:06 PM

I would show them the benefits of bitcoin at the primary level. Like suppose you travel different countries you don't need to convert your currency into foreign curreny everytime you visit. So its saves the transaction costs and you don't need to withdraw money from ATM if any purchases are to me made.
Brewins
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 09:37:59 PM

I would not introduce without them asking.

It sucks when someone wants to force you into something you don't want and they might see BTC as a pyramid that needs to attract more people if you want to profit
wearepoor

Activity: 784

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 11:35:24 PM

Basic concepts must be made clear at the initial stage. If the basic concepts are not clear like its history,its origin,its inventor the purpose behind inventing it,the benefits of it, the loopholes attached with it this basic things made to be clear and ultimate decision is of friends and family whether to accept it or not.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 01:57:36 AM

It sucks when someone wants to force you into something you don't want and they might see BTC as a pyramid that needs to attract more people if you want to profit

Ofcourse you will not force it on them.  Normally family into technology or finance are the people who might be interested.

I would talk to them first before normally.  But a gift of BTC is always welcome.  I think it's a fun gift to those who like technology or finance.
planetroving (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2170

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 05:54:44 AM

Ofcourse you will not force it on them.  Normally family into technology or finance are the people who might be interested.

I would talk to them first before normally.  But a gift of BTC is always welcome.  I think it's a fun gift to those who like technology or finance.
How much do you think would be a good amount to give to a brand new person? How much would be classified as too much? This is because if you give them something such as 1 satoshi, that wouldn't be useful to them would it? I think the amount needs to be just enough to be able to be spent on something.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 06:01:58 AM

How much do you think would be a good amount to give to a brand new person? How much would be classified as too much? This is because if you give them something such as 1 satoshi, that wouldn't be useful to them would it? I think the amount needs to be just enough to be able to be spent on something.

Of course not something as 1 satoshi.  I think it needs to be enough for them to do something with it.   Buy something or watch it.   How much would really have more to do with your means.
umaOuma

Activity: 938

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 09:05:14 PM

I would prefer of letting them know the benefits of bitcoins at the initial stage as my parents travels a lot but they are not aware about the bitcoins so i would tell them the benefit that attract them the most like if they use bitcoin they don't to have pay anything for converting the currrency into foreign currency.
stromma44

Activity: 952

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 11:23:47 AM

My Family would not get attracted with bitcoins as they are very much aware about the frauds and scams taking place over the internet and they very much trust the fiat money so they would not show willingness to learn so it would be waste of time to introduce them to bitcoins.
tarzan2

Activity: 556

its not my fault

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 11:26:23 AM
Last edit: June 24, 2018, 09:46:00 AM by tarzan2

i usually open with something along the lines of "hey guys id like you to meet  and then i continue with something actually witty and funny and everyone laughs.. it is about this point i usually realize im daydreaming and that  is in fact my only friend, but i consider it more like family anyways. together we make quite the family, tho conversations can be cryptic.. get it ? ahahaa

free bitcoin storage service! please send to: 1TArzAn26Wvw872Yw36JiBe21SEaypJTP
irfan_pak10
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 1654

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2015, 11:37:50 AM

First will say them its unanimous, you can send money every where without of being telling about you. You can send money now from one country to another with out much extra charges, as you were facing now with $.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ipbo

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 12:30:17 PM

I will just say the magic words"Want to Earn More Money" then explain the meaning of bitcoin if they are interested.
gripflierGO

Activity: 533

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 01:06:38 PM

My Family would not get attracted with bitcoins as they are very much aware about the frauds and scams taking place over the internet and they very much trust the fiat money so they would not show willingness to learn so it would be waste of time to introduce them to bitcoins.

That's what we called it as an generation gap. That's true that they believe in traditional currency rather then adopting new technologies. They believe in taking least risk or say no risk while making payments they don't even trust credit cards and would prefer to pay in cash.
Casey89

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 04:08:06 PM

My mom is not able to send SMS. She is not ready to listen about Bitcoin.

tarzan2

Activity: 556

its not my fault

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 04:11:50 PM

you should inscribe a wallet address on some old driftwood or something.. she might get it then.. old people can get weirded out by technological wizardry

free bitcoin storage service! please send to: 1TArzAn26Wvw872Yw36JiBe21SEaypJTP
umaOuma

Activity: 938

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 04:17:48 PM

My mom is not able to send SMS. She is not ready to listen about Bitcoin.

I completely agree with you. Same is the case with my family. They resist change I mean they are so used to pay in cash since their inception they resist in adopting new techonology somehow they have started to use credit cards for payments being aware that it's safe.
BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 04:21:29 PM

I will just say the magic words"Want to Earn More Money" then explain the meaning of bitcoin if they are interested.

I guess that is not magic word like you easily to said but that is just a common word. If you tell them that word, they will think you are doing bad things or may be gambling or anything that might happend. We need to explain to them carefully so they will understand what you are really do
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: