Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 11:58:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How would you introduce Bitcoin to your friends and family?  (Read 10882 times)
michietn94
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 03:13:01 PM

Well first I tell how bitcoin works. With some animation is really for early explanation. And then I introduce this forum , I can earn some bits by posting. In my country, this is very unique. I explained them that with bitcoin I can purchase just like normal currency with some advantage ( fast transaction and low fee ). Bitcoin also can be complement just like gold with still it's price still unstable rather than gold

FANSUNITE

█ █
███
███
███
 ▄
 ▀
███
███
███
███
█ █

█ █
███
███
███
 ▄
 ▀
███
███
███
███
█ █

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 09:00:52 PM

I tried but i failed, nobody in my community gives a damn about bitcoin.

Oh well, who's gonna laugh when their fiat money turns into dust  Cheesy

kevindurant

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 09:15:44 PM

+ Hey look that's a new currency worths a lot.
- How so? What's it's country?
+ It's not classical money, just buy it & wait a few years.

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 10:04:26 PM

If they are into tech you have a better shot at getting them excited in it.   I suggest talking about it, and showing how it can be a investment.

I was able to share with a family member.  Went great fun to talk to family about bitcoins.  I shared it when it was low 200's.... so profit!  You will find if the people you share with make some profit they will like it even more.   

Hard part is getting them to keep it long term.  But try to show how its very early for digital currency and the potential of long term holding.  If you can get them to hold long term you have done a good job sharing bitcoin.
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 03:39:07 AM

If they are into tech you have a better shot at getting them excited in it.   I suggest talking about it, and showing how it can be a investment.

I was able to share with a family member.  Went great fun to talk to family about bitcoins.  I shared it when it was low 200's.... so profit!  You will find if the people you share with make some profit they will like it even more.   

Hard part is getting them to keep it long term.  But try to show how its very early for digital currency and the potential of long term holding.  If you can get them to hold long term you have done a good job sharing bitcoin.

I agree, this is a good idea to show them the price change of bitcoin because they have to know what kind of market they are investing in and see the potential and risk at the same time.

Only Bitcoin
adolf84

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 04:08:48 AM

Because im not an expert on this bitcoin world, i will introduce bitcoin to my inner circle as a new world currency that can use in real life for anythings, but i will  told but for now bitcoin  cn be use for online transaction, and to make this bitcoin look real and exist, i will asking them to choose and install any android bitcoin wallet app..
techgeek

Activity: 826

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 05:01:44 AM

Id introduce it to them by showing gyft.com first by buying a giftcard.

And have them learn how to acquire which would be, me as their supplier. That and obviously show about localbitcoins.com as well being there with them.

|VENOM|

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 03:23:52 AM

I asked a cousin of mine to help me by looking into bitcoin. I think I have a good handle on bitcoin, I understand the basics. I don't really need help understanding bitcoin, but getting her to look into it and understand it on her own is much better than trying to sit her down and explain it all to her.
nydiacaskey01
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 03:33:10 AM

I'll tell them it's a fairly new kind of internet money. then I'll point them to some sites and tell them to ask me if they have some questions. works most of the time.
misterycoins

Activity: 249

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 10:10:54 PM

My friends dont laugh at me nor do they agree bitcoin is this amazing thing. I just try to explain the benefits and potential of bitcoin. Just let them have their own opinion
roadbits
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 11:49:43 PM

the most people that know of it only see it in a negative light, aka used for the silk road. Also it seems that most people get confused on the mining process, Keep it simple when you tell people about btc
RealBitcoin

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 01:41:30 AM

I think those who dont want to know about bitcoin will later regret it, i mean there are plenty of ignorant people out there.

Not everyone is opportunist / alpha-investor / sane person , most people are just lazy, non-caring and they dont give a damn about what happens out in the big world. Sometimes they look into new things only after all their friends tried it out, and the social pressure is too big that they need to adopt it.

I know this because i`m am like this in many fields, but not when it comes to money. When it's about money, i`m between the first people in the line.

I just guess society breaks down between alpha and beta personalities, and not everyone can be first Wink

>> RELATING TO THE TOPIC:
 Well i`ve told all my family and friends about bitcoin and nobody was interested. I had good intentions so that in case they were unlucky and didnt heard of it before, so that they can hear about it now. But no response, well i guess more opportunity for me then.
I wont be harassing them with bitcoin, if they dont want it, bad luck, more opportunity for the rest of us Smiley

gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1010

Ad maiora!

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 05:37:45 AM

it was easy
first i went and asked them; "have you heard about the Bitcoins? yet?"
and when they said "no" i walked away
those people have never had any "vision" and their financial acumen is in the toilet.

now they come and ask me about bitcoin.

i tell em to f%^& off, but not before i point them at these bitcointalk forums here first.

my friends, like people i actually like and share a mutual respect with...
they are well aware of btc
but mostly lacking the time or willingness to learn the tech side of it to get in. they seem content to sit by the wayside, its weird.

i have considered doing it for them , for a percentage fee... but that even is fraught with concerns... besides... if they cant figure it out for themselves (i did and I'm not 'puter wiz) then that's their tough luck.

you can lead a horse to water, but its pretty hard to make a fish ride a bicycle.
bornil267645

Activity: 406

AltoCenter.com

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2015, 10:51:34 AM

Well I would not pose bitcoin to them normally. I would wait for someone to get frustrated with fiat system one day then introduce a solution via bitcoin. Cheesy

ronaldo40
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1014

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 12:04:52 PM

just tell that bitcoin can turn into money and they ask how to get it, and I did not answer because I do not know many ways to get bitcoin, I just play the signature campaign  Smiley

Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036

/dev/null

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 12:16:29 PM

this is very tricky, because usually my friends and family are somehow satisfied with their banks, mobile banking applications and whole financial sector is quite stable here (so far)

anyway, I did it with something calling "guerilla method" so I gave them 0.1BTC on papers wallets, told them about value and ask them to spend it..
planetroving (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2170

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 01:52:08 PM

this is very tricky, because usually my friends and family are somehow satisfied with their banks, mobile banking applications and whole financial sector is quite stable here (so far)

anyway, I did it with something calling "guerilla method" so I gave them 0.1BTC on papers wallets, told them about value and ask them to spend it..
People are usually content with what they have, if it is working for them. People seem to even ignore better options that are out there.
By the way, 0.1BTC? That's actually quite a lot to give, especially as you're giving it to many people. What if they just do not know what to do with it? Would you leave the exploring to them?
futurebit640

Activity: 910

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 04:16:30 PM

People are usually content with what they have, if it is working for them. People seem to even ignore better options that are out there.
By the way, 0.1BTC? That's actually quite a lot to give, especially as you're giving it to many people. What if they just do not know what to do with it? Would you leave the exploring to them?
The problem right now is you need to be able to think to understand Bitcoin is awesome. Most people can't think.
Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036

/dev/null

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 04:57:29 PM

Well, because if you give them 0.000nothing, they will simply don't care but if you told them: hey, this is bitcoin fraction worth ~25USD do anything what you want with it, you will motivate them to observe what is going on:)

and sorry, but using bitcoin is simply not better option these days. I dunno where are you from, but on my place (~400k town in central Europe), you can't literally buy anything with it..(I mean real goods and services locally, not some service via web...)
RealBitcoin

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 08:28:13 PM

whole financial sector is quite stable here

Thats a mirage in the desert.

The fact that they stand 2 centimeters away from the abyss ,while other countries are 1 centimeter away, brings false sense of comfort Cheesy

All global financial institutions, based on fiat money (which is 99.99% of them) will fall in one way or another in the upcoming 5-15 years.

So either they are ignorant, or uneducated, or lazy to educate themseves, or a combination of the previous.

If I were you I`d tell them to visit this site (pick your country from there)
http://www.nationaldebtclocks.org/

And ask them to think again Smiley Those debts are irreversible.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: