Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:05:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CJS CDKEYS are scammers, will steal your bitcoin. Reported via bitpay. Outcome??  (Read 2395 times)
Jbmeth007 (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 09:14:35 PM
Last edit: April 18, 2015, 07:28:16 PM by Jbmeth007

https://i.imgur.com/KNs7GeU.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/kRkyLAY.jpg
Hello, Let me just start with the help ticket I placed with cjs cdkeys in efforts to get what I've paid for. And following I will post my conversation with bitpay. Will they take action, or will they sweep it under the rug?Huh I am posting this so that everyone will know, and should post about their scammers to protect the community as a whole with their cryptocurrency as there is no reprocussions, But who will take action to protect investors. Or will it be protecting thieves? We will see.

CJS cdkeys convo. Request #82612

reported complaint noted

Justin 5 Apr, 19:27

hi I orderd two steam keys. black ops 2 and cod advanced warfare. neither one of them work, both state they were already activated on someone elses account.

Comments

Justin

You wanna fix this or not, Its been over 24hrs

6 April 2015, 20:09 .

Justin

over 48 hours

7 April 2015, 18:59 .

Justin

Over 72 hours

8 April 2015, 22:14 .

Justin

104 hrs, or 4 days, 8 hours, 48 minutes and 23 seconds.......

FIX MY ORDER

10 April 2015, 02:49 .

Agent

CJS CD Keys

I have now reported this issue for you. We will contact the supplier and ask that the problem be investigated and resolved in the quickest possible time.

Please be patient, we will contact you as soon as the supplier responds. Unfortunately, we cannot replace or refund until the supplier has confirmed the issue.

Unfortunately, we will NOT be able to reply to you more than this one time regarding this issue. Please be assured that the matter will be resolved for you. If your order status changes to completed or refunded then you will

know it has been finalised. Please pay no attention to this ticket closing automatically, it has no relation to the matter being dealt with.

To speed response time for all of our customers, please only reply If your require further assistance. There Is no need for any reply if everything Is OK. :-)

10 April 2015, 16:14 .

Justin

Issue is not solved

11 April 2015, 17:21 .

Agent

CJS CD Keys

If your problem no longer exists please DO NOT answer this message.

Please note that ALL outstanding problems will be resolved asap for you.

If you still need assistance please ensure you have included the following information:

order number code problem

If you have been told that you have been refunded but have not sent the payment to your payment card it may be that you have been refunded to store credit. If your order is over 60 days old this is the only way we can refund

you. If you have concerns with this then you will need to contact PayPal and they will explain for you.

Please see live stock reports on every product page and all product information that is updated as soon as we receive it.

To speed response time for all of our customers, please only reply If your require further assistance. There Is no need for any reply if everything Is OK. :-)

11 April 2015, 22:55 .

Justin

Yes, My problem still exists.

I have not been offered replacement keys, or store credit, or refund. I have only been given fud.

order # 561351

codes

1x Call Of Duty Black Ops 2 CD Key for Steam G48BW-JQ5HI-**** 1x Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare CD Key for Steam CQ0CJ-3CDH3-****

problem is the keys were already used when you delivered them to me. Payment was sent VIA bitcoin/Bitpay.

Invoice https://bitpay.com/invoice?id=DjR87nGt5XFqsNTUAAS5QL

12 April 2015, 00:33 .

Agent

CJS CD Keys

Please be patient. This has been reported for you.

12 April 2015, 08:48 .

Justin

Why do you keep changing ticket to solved. This request is not solved. And it's been longer then a week.

14 April 2015, 03:37 .

Agent

CJS CD Keys

If your problem no longer exists please DO NOT answer this message.

Please read ALL of the following.

All GTA in stock; please go to autokey

Please note that ALL outstanding problems will be resolved asap for you.

If you still need assistance please ensure you have included the following information:

order number code problem

If you have been told that you have been refunded but have not sent the payment to your payment card it may be that you have been refunded to store credit. If your order is over 60 days old this is the only way we can refund

you. If you have concerns with this then you will need to contact PayPal and they will explain for you.

Please see live stock reports on every product page and all product information that is updated as soon as we receive it.

If your code is currently out of stock then please be assured that new stock will be uploaded as soon as possible and we will email you.

If your order status is 'awaiting payment' and you believe you made the payment then please send us the following information: order number PayPal or Skrill transaction ID

15 April 2015, 22:22 .

Justin

Ticket is not resolved, quit responding with nonsense replies in hopes that I will ignore it. Again it is going on 2 weeks, and this is not resolved.

17 April 2015, 03:33

_______________________________________________________________________________ _________________________________________________
_______________________________________________________________________________ _________________________________________________

Coversation with Bitpay.com

Request #119144 Possible Scam Site using your service for financial gain

Justin April 06, 2015 14:55

Hello, my name is Justin, I recently purchased CD keys online from an site claiming to sell computer and console games. I paid using the Bitpay service, My invoice https://bitpay.com/invoice?id=DjR87nGt5XFqsNTUAAS5QL

The keys delivered to me were invalid and already in use. I looked this company up after I had already fallen into the trap. I have not gotten any response from them in over 24hours, I emailed them twice. During my research on this company it seems that they are scamming many people, yet there are many as well that say the site is good. On the otherhand, in "fraud prevention" technique they claim, other people who had run into this issue have to submit a photo of their ID, Bank statements, Bill, Handwritten piece of paper with a date on it. Going to that extent is extorting a personal Identity. So not only are they taking your money, but possibly your identity as well. Its just over the top ridiculous. And bitpay as a company is stuck right in the middle of this comedy, which isn't so funny for bitpay or consumer. Its only been 26 hours since I've sent them funds, but I have not heard anything back from their "24/7" support service they claim to have. I really hope there is something Bitpay can do to help protect Consumer rights in this ongoing situation.

Thank you, Justin

Mina April 06, 2015 15:10

Hi Justin,

Thank you for reaching out to us regarding a BitPay merchant. We are reviewing your inquiry and will follow up with you directly.

Thank you for your patience!

Sincerely,

Mina Client Operations Engineer BitPay, Inc. Have any additional questions? Visit our Help Center: Here!

Mina April 06, 2015 15:57

Hi Justin,

As a payment processor, BitPay has no recourse or involvement in the fulfillment of a transaction. For this same reason, fully paid invoices require explicit merchant approval to be refunded.

Thank you for bringing this situation to our attention. We can and will make note that you had a complaint regarding this merchant. We recommend that you continue to work with the merchant to resolve this dispute. In my experience, the merchant typically responds within 48 hours.

Please let us know if you do not hear back from the merchant within 48 hours of your initial email and we'll try reaching out to them directly for assistance with resolving your issue.

Thank you for your patience. We appreciate your understanding.

Sincerely,

Mina Client Operations Engineer BitPay, Inc. Have any additional questions? Visit our Help Center: Here!

Justin April 07, 2015 19:24

Hello Mina,

It's been approx ~55 hrs since initial contact. I haven't heard a peep from them. Also noticed they delete their posts on Facebook regarding negative feedback from users having issues. This is really disappointing. They arnt even responding with a hello let me research this for you. They just take the money and run.

Justin April 09, 2015 21:03

It has been 4 days, 8 hours, 57 minutes and 49 seconds since I've made initial contact letting them know they did not deliever product as advertised they would.

I've contacted them daily on this issue, and they completely ignored me. including erasing posts that I've attempted on facebook to find solvency. At this point I believe I will not get anything from these people. And greatly discourages the Use of cryptocurrency without any recourse, punishment, or escrow. Can you update me on any attempts for some sort of solution on this? Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't there some sort of Merchant agreement, or terms of service in place with bitpay. that organized theft is a no brainer?Huh

Thank you,

Justin

Mina April 10, 2015 13:40

Hi Justin,

Thank you for the update. We have not heard back from the merchant either. I have reached out to our compliance team to review the merchant's application to determine if we are able to continue to service them as a payment provider.

Unfortunately, we are not able to issue a refund for your order without the merchant's authorization, since the funds have already been paid out to them. If you do not hear back from the merchant, you may want to consider contacting local law enforcement and/or a consumer protection bureau.

Please reach out if you have any additional questions or concerns that we can assist with.

Sincerely,

Mina April 10, 2015 15:59

Hi Justin,

We just heard back from the merchant. Here is their reply:

We understand that this customer purchased multiple products but unfortunately had a faulty 'alice madness returns' product .

We acknowledged this and sent a replacement, but the replacement was also faulty. As a result we agreed to contact our supplier in order to make a claim and get a brand new, fresh activation code for the customer.

The transaction is still going through the claims process with our supplier. The customer has been told this however he continued to spam our facebook page and write constant emails, even though we told him multiple times that we are processing his complaint.

Please tell the customer to be patient, and rest assured we will make sure he recieves a working replacement.

It sounds like they might not have a working key for the product that you ordered in stock. Your options are to request a refund from the merchant, or wait for them to be able to fulfill your order, which it sounds like they are working on.

Sincerely,

Justin April 10, 2015 18:48

Hello, unfortunately you can't log into my account. But I will gladly show any proof I can of what has happened.

I purchased call of duty advanced warfare and call of duty black ops 2.

My order # 561351 https://cjscdkeys.zendesk.com/requests/561351

You may or may not beable to see the contents of this ticket. But I can forward any emails that I have received from them.

Alice madness? It seems like they have no idea who you were talking about.

In fact as you can see. The price I paid will most likely be no where near what the cost of Alice is.

They have not attempted to contact me at all since my initial support ticket Sunday at noon 5 days ago. Today I got a message saying they notified their supplier and not to worry if my helpdesk ticket is closed, which they did and deleted.

I see no attempt in replacing the two serial numbers I purchased.

Let me know what email or where I can forward my zendesk ledger to.

Thank you

Justin

Mina April 10, 2015 20:30

Hi Justin,

As I mentioned, we are not able to do anything about your order without the merchant's authorization, since the funds have already been paid out to them. If you do not hear back from the merchant, you may want to consider contacting local law enforcement and/or a consumer protection bureau.

I've also let our compliance team know about your complaint. Please reach out if you have any additional questions or concerns that we can assist with.

Sincerely,

Justin Last Saturday at 12:12

Ive already contacted local law enforcement, They didn't even know what bitcoin is. And consumer protection is basically a report. Woopty do.

Look, I'm not asking for money back, I chalked it up to a loss. However, I do expect bitpay as a payment processor to do something to protect the bitcoin community againt frauds like these. I know I am not the only one to report their actions to bitpay. how many reports is it going to take to cut them off from your services? How much money are you going to let them steal from the bitcoin community. These questions I don't know, But the crypto currency community will see the answers.

As you can see on a public "trusted reviews" which anyone including them can post to. Many posts about "stealing money" "used keys" "products not working anymore"

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.cjs-cdkeys.com

As a bitcoin payment processor, you give this company the goahead to continue their fraudulent behavior. Like I stated before, this will be shared amongst the community. Do something that is right for the community.

Mina Last Monday at 11:00

Hi Justin,

We understand your concerns. Our compliance team is reviewing the merchant's application to determine if we are able to continue to service them as a payment provider.

Sincerely,

As of today 4/17/2015 No product code replacement, refund or worthy communication. CJS CDKEYS still accepts and will take your coin, and apparently your fiat money as well. If you read the trusted reviews site from their own, https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.cjs-cdkeys.com you can see many customers mistreated. many complaints. albeit there are many positive reviews, with absolutely no detail. BUT every single negative 1 star gives a very good description of whats going on. Scrolling through a few pages of reviews I have seen just about every negative feedback due to Invalid Key, or key already used. If you watch their facebook, they have negative feedback disappearing. So what is to become of this? I upheld my promise with bitpay that I will share this with the community.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Hamuki
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 09:21:28 PM

I have used CJS for about 2 years now and yes, I have had problems with 2 out of 20 orders..
1 of them was solved within minutes.. The other one took some time because of a lot of customers that wasnt expected.

I can only recommend this place.

Jbmeth007 (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 09:25:44 PM

we'll see what they tend to do.  They are under investigation needless to say.

I tried two of these particular sites,  g2a and cjs.  unfortunately both dropped the ball hard.

100% of my order from CJS was keys already used.  and 2 weeks gone by without anything worth giving them second chances.
Hamuki
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 09:27:51 PM

we'll see what they tend to do.  They are under investigation needless to say.

I tried two of these particular sites,  g2a and cjs.  unfortunately both dropped the ball hard.

100% of my order from CJS was keys already used.  and 2 weeks gone by without anything worth giving them second chances.

G2A is shit, I also have a open case thats running on its second week..
CJS is great, sadly there is just a few problems here and there.

ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 06:31:29 PM

You have spent way too much time in writing this what seams to be a bunch of letters rarely anyone will read.
There is a form which explains how you can make a valid scam accusation here : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=260073.0

I realize you are trying to prove your claim, but copy/pasting conversation is not a solution, as it can be altered, you should have screenshots instead.
This is the best argument you can have Invoice https://bitpay.com/invoice?id=DjR87nGt5XFqsNTUAAS5QL , after this, you only need to proove that keys infact  were already used,
and you have prooved your point, without wasting anyones time.

By this, bitpay explained their policy, and there is no use contacting them again, quoted from your claim
"As a payment processor, BitPay has no recourse or involvement in the fulfillment of a transaction. For this same reason, fully paid invoices require explicit merchant approval to be refunded."

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.cjs-cdkeys.com , it seams most users are quite happy, if comments are not faked, which is hard to prove.

Do they have anyone here on forum representing them ? (cjs i mean)

Jbmeth007 (OP)

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 07:01:42 PM

I doubt it.    I will post screenshots of my steam library, and then attempting to activate code, plus CJS autokey cart.  "IF" they haven't seen this already and just totally killed my account.
Jbmeth007 (OP)

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 07:20:02 PM
Last edit: April 19, 2015, 02:37:03 AM by Jbmeth007

I doubt it.    I will post screenshots of my steam library, and then attempting to activate code, plus CJS autokey cart.  "IF" they haven't seen this already and just totally killed my account.

Lets see if this works.  I uploaded an album on imgur.  http://imgur.com/a/dCuDY

Only alteration I had done to the copy and paste was remove last names and blank out last digits of key,  but of course people want proof.  well then no other option but to see it in the raw.   I wish there was a way to see the steam account the actual key is registered to, like an iPhone app.  if you download an iPhone app that was registered to someone else and try to install it, it will give the users email and request password.
uhnonamiss

Activity: 457
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 02:33:17 AM

Well i paid for gta V via bitcoin yesterday and despite the invoice being paid its marked as awaiting payment.   will update if it gets resolved monday.
uhnonamiss

Activity: 457

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 11:01:52 PM

Well i paid for gta V via bitcoin yesterday and despite the invoice being paid its marked as awaiting payment.   will update if it gets resolved monday.

Got my key today from cjs and it worked as advertised Smiley
Jbmeth007 (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 02:03:30 AM

Well, That's good I suppose.   Im still waiting for a replacement.  Been over 2 weeks now
Jbmeth007 (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 03:32:21 PM

Welp,  I got a response this morning........

https://i.imgur.com/Ge7ulcE.png

Character for Character,  Its a copy and paste from the first response.    I'm seeing a pattern here.   They send a bunk response to your zendesk help ticket, and if you don't respond in 24hrs they automatically close the ticket.      No ticket, no Issue right.
Jbmeth007 (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 05:15:18 PM

Status update,  They sent me two replacement Keys last night about 5:30PM

one of them worked for black ops II,  however the replacement they sent for the second half of the order was already used

https://i.imgur.com/YeolIAK.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/yq50asn.jpg

josef2000

Activity: 280

Bro, you need to try http://dadice.com

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2015, 05:22:00 PM

Status update,  They sent me two replacement Keys last night about 5:30PM

one of them worked for black ops II,  however the replacement they sent for the second half of the order was already used

Nice to hear that now atleast one problem was fixed.
I actually always had good experience there, and also won a game for leaving a review (Metro Last Night). I bought serveral games including:Dynasty Warriors X, Far Cry 4,Battlefield 4 and GTA 5.
However every single one needed about 3 days to get delivered to me. But all worked fine.

I think there is no way to proof if you or CJS used the key, there isnt such a log, so if you get a used one youre probably fcked (had that problem with G2A.com)

Well then, good luck!

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█   ⚂⚄⚀⚃⚅⚁    ██  d a d i c e  ██    Next Generation Dice Game
• Low 1% house edge. • Provably Fair.  
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Jbmeth007 (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 10:20:59 PM

I think there is no way to proof if you or CJS used the key, there isnt such a log

Neither of us did, However, as you can see in the upper right,  user account Jbmeth007, also newest screenshot shows BO2 which was first half of order.  I suppose CJS gets their keys from somewhere or someone.    There is a log via steam, but that information isn't available outside internal office as far as I am aware.  Why, I have no idea?
Jbmeth007 (OP)

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 05:39:19 PM

alright its been a a whole month.   Problem still not resolved.  With Numerous Attempts to contact them and ample time to resolve.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: