Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:02:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ★ What's your contribution to Bitcoin? ★  (Read 29740 times)
RealBitcoin (OP)

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 01:24:18 AM

Well i`ve helped many thousand newbies by now, and i have made a lot of positive contribution towards the bitcoin community,from this forum.

It feels good to be part of bitcoin and help it grow. It's like watering your favorite plant.

Palinanv

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 02:17:30 AM

I just like to contribute to posts, contribute to fundraisers, donate BTC for Bitcoin projects, write about BTC, and so on. It's a lot of fun honestly! I think a lot of people ought to do this!
Palinanv

Activity: 70

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 02:20:03 AM

We completed our first decentalized freelance transaction in Rein. Total fees for the gig were 1.2% of which most of it was a 1% fee paid to the mediator. http://bitcoinist.net/the-rein-project-completes-first-freelance-contract/
Oh wow, it's beautiful! I can really see how much time and effort was placed into it!
Gahs

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

Minter

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 04:26:07 AM

For now I just want to earn bitcoins, I after that I will trade with bitcoins and then brag to my siblings about how much profit I made. Hopefully they will join me.

Minter                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█

▄█████▄   ▄▄
▐█▄           ▄███████████▀
████▄▄       ▐█████████████▀
████████▄▄   ▐████████████
 ████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████████████
 ▀███████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████
   ████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄▄▄█████████████▀
  ▀▀█████████▀▀
jrpatking

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 08:11:29 AM

I started by telling to my friends and neighbours about the virtual minable currency. Initially, none of them showed much interest. Later on, they started to read gox news and then got interested. Some of them started to use bitcoin in different ways. Many have remembered me.

GUNBOT  THE AUTOMATIC PROFIT GENERATOR FOR POLONIEX 
     LIMITED EDITION
[15 DAYS MONEY BACK GUARANTEE
]
yenxz

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 08:17:46 AM

Since we are all in this together, we need to promote/develop/help and work on bitcoin to make it better, and to advertise it to non-bitcoin people. Also it's from an investment standpoint as well, many of you bought bitcoin at 600$ and would like it to go back up there, but the question is what are you doing about it?

What are you doing to help Bitcoin spread and become mainstream and become better? So i made this thread where you can post what are you doing to help bitcoin spread?

Ok here is my contribution to the bitcoin community:

1) Created dozens of helpful threads on this forum, helped out many newbies, and have tons of tutorials and researches available for bitcoin users. Also I have many ideas and tips how to boost the community, anybody that reads my threads might get some inspiration:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1244332.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1136572.0

2) I personally own a few Bitcoins, and I`ll hold these and don't sell them just because some mainstream media presstitute is scaremongering about Bitcoin, i`m loyal to Bitcoin no matter what  Wink

Ok so that is my contribution to bitcoin, and advertising of bitcoin.

So don't just whine about Bitcoin not being mainstream do something about it, take action and promote it everywhere!

Now let me hear your contributions to the bitcoin community & ecosystem. What are you doing to help and promote bitcoin to become mainstream?
that's good contribution,i wish i can follow your way to contribute in bitcoin,so far i just contribute to make bitcoin more popular in my city,i teaching people about bitcoin,and now they have knowledge how to trade bitcoin.
RealBitcoin (OP)

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 03:50:01 PM

that's good contribution,i wish i can follow your way to contribute in bitcoin,so far i just contribute to make bitcoin more popular in my city,i teaching people about bitcoin,and now they have knowledge how to trade bitcoin.

Thats cool.

If everyone just hosted a radio show in his local city, we could make bitcoin more popular from the local approach.

Bottom up marketing is very succesful!

Mr. Big
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1176

While my guitar gently weeps!!!

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 04:38:14 AM

As of now I don't have any contribution to bitcoin... My only contribution is that when I am asked by a friend what I am doing to have extra income, I always told them that I am working for a bitcoin..I always ask them to try it if they have time..  :)But so far, up to now no one ever dare to try..
RealBitcoin (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 04:40:48 AM

As of now I don't have any contribution to bitcoin... My only contribution is that when I am asked by a friend what I am doing to have extra income, I always told them that I am working for a bitcoin..I always ask them to try it if they have time..  :)But so far, up to now no one ever dare to try..

Tell them you earn big bucks in bitcoin, and they will be immediately interested.

skinnyboy

Activity: 223

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2016, 05:37:58 PM

I started my own project last year, in January, after one failed test project (I won't go into that now, I still think it has legs, I just didn't pull off the implementation)

I brought the first Bitcoin ATM to my home city, via Heliopay Ltd, I made the first Bitcoin purchase in store in my city (still got the receipt), I've helped loads of people get acquainted with it, brought and sold it, been paid it, I've signed up charities, I run a doge faucet on my site, with links to information, guides, wallets etc.

http://www.portsmouthcrypto.co.uk

I'll be at CoinFestUK next week, contributing my little bit as well, if you're in the UK, anywhere near Manchester, 8/9th April, tickets are free.

I'm also working with two friends, the owners of www.bitstashers.com and http://www.artifaxgaming.website/ to create a new store where we'll be selling music from artists and bands for Bitcoin, as well as other upcoming features, which I can't wait to reveal.

RobFre

Activity: 172

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 01:12:27 AM

Personally I talked about Bitcoin to some friends and opened a little website (in italian) to make more people know about it. I also use bitcoins to buy videogames and sometimes I donate to some charity foundations using them. I think that the thing that makes Bitcoin spread the most is just using them  Grin
Mr. Big
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1176

While my guitar gently weeps!!!

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 04:32:30 AM

Tell them you earn big bucks in bitcoin, and they will be immediately interested.

Yeah, I did that already, I told them that when my son wants to go out on Weekends for a bonding, we do always have a budget, I sometimes post pictures of me and my son going on a outing and the caption is "the fruit of bitcoin" but still, it's hard to convince people that it is really happening..  Cheesy
Monnt
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 10:21:28 PM

I am just like you Smiley

I (think) I contribute thoughtfully and constructively to discussions, and try to convey my honest opinions into words for others.

I also refuse to use Bitpay or any other bitcoin payment processor that immediately transfers all incoming bitcoin into fiat for retailers to take.
ripplehd

Activity: 154

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 10:36:14 PM

I just try to earn bitcoins but in the upcoming months I will try to talk about it on youtube
and to all my friends on PSN. I might even give them free bitcoins to join this forum so they can find out more about bitcoins.

traderbit

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2016, 10:50:22 PM

I don't know how to make or contribute in a project development but the fact that i invested a very very little (comparing with the number of total bitcoins) then i think that i contribute by making transaction (helping the miners by taking the tx fee etc.)

jod_doj

Activity: 179

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 07:11:08 PM

I just try to earn bitcoins but in the upcoming months I will try to talk about it on youtube
and to all my friends on PSN. I might even give them free bitcoins to join this forum so they can find out more about bitcoins.
well just trying to get as much bitcoins as possible and then hold it all isnt contributing too much to the whole currency is it? i doubt that it helps the price to grow or something like that

i buy some bitcoins with the spare money i have from time to time and i spread the word around about the bitcoin, a few friends have started to use bitcoins because of me so im contributing to wider community
RealBitcoin (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 03:13:30 AM

well just trying to get as much bitcoins as possible and then hold it all isnt contributing too much to the whole currency is it? i doubt that it helps the price to grow or something like that
Of course it does, a coin saved is a coin not in circulation. A coin not in circulation is a coin not sold, so it makes the supply more scarce, and if the demand is constant ,the price goes up.

icherevkov

Activity: 79

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 10:55:11 PM

I am participating in DepthVisor.com project - free and a super simple tool for bitcoin traders to monitor historical market orderbook, a tool, more complicated analogues of which are already widely adapted on Wall Street (see e.g. http://www.nanex.net/, 10 grand+ solution for professional institutional players)

I have also created ruby API connector for Okcoin.com publically available on github https://github.com/ilyacherevkov/okcoin-ruby. It is also listed on rubygems website. (Actually I ve also wrote wrappers for bitfinex, btc-e, btcchina, cryptsy etc, but haven't opensourced it yet. Looking to do it in the nearest future)
co5hike

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 10:58:04 PM

Of course it does, a coin saved is a coin not in circulation. A coin not in circulation is a coin not sold, so it makes the supply more scarce, and if the demand is constant ,the price goes up.

But the fact is we need circulation of bitcoin to see much higher price of bitcoin in future, if it is not circulated and kept idle then it will loose all its shine in coming years.
SocialBunnerGuy

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 12:40:06 AM

Oh, I just contribute by blogging about Bitcoin. It's the easiest way I know how. It gets the word out. Until I have enough funding to do serious stuff, it's all I can do.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: