Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 11:59:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Welcome to Liberland, Europe’s Brand New Country! Taxes 'Optional', No Military!  (Read 4081 times)
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2015, 11:41:16 AM

Monaco has a Prince, the Vatican has a pope, both have centuries of history, monuments and beautiful people. What has Liberland besides mosquitoes? It would take billions to make a nice place out of Liberland, and then Serbia or Croatia would just claim everything is their property. I like the idea of creating a new country, but I don't see it as possible within Europe.
That is true. As per the international laws, Liberland is a part of Croatia, although the latter refuses to take ownership. Liberland is a worthless piece of forest right now, and there is no interest from the part of Croatia to reclaim it. However, if Liberland is able to attract significant investments, then it will no longer remain as worthless to Croatia.
Considering how many people want to live in Liberland (without it having any infrastructure) this doesn't really matter. Who says that Liberland can't become a place for the rich like Monaco with just an added bonus which would be Bitcoin. Recent information shows that over 200 000 people have applied to become citizens!
I'm much amazed from this situation. I have yet to see any official reaction from Croatia or Serbia regarding Liberland. If I were to invest there, I would wait till they recognize the new country.
I'm not sure that they really care about it. This was a result of unnecessary political drama; the land is useless to both sides.
Liberland however has a different problem. I didn't notice anyone mentioning this. This land was already claimed by Paraduin (which received much less recognition by the masses). http://www.paraduin.nl/?p=173
I wonder how this would get resolved?

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
freemind1
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1014

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 12:26:10 PM

Did not know anything there. What currency are?. And a rather silly question ... If they have no army as they could prevent a possible military invasion of another country?.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2015, 01:06:29 PM

Did not know anything there. What currency are?. And a rather silly question ... If they have no army as they could prevent a possible military invasion of another country?.
How about reading the replies first before replying? This is quite a stupid question as it was answered at the very beginning.
They're going to use Bitcoin as their currency.
No, they can't defend themselves now. Actually there isn't something to defend at the moment.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 01:58:40 PM

Those points are what make this threads being this long. Read through and... Welcome.

Cool

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 02:29:51 PM

Monaco has a Prince, the Vatican has a pope, both have centuries of history, monuments and beautiful people. What has Liberland besides mosquitoes? It would take billions to make a nice place out of Liberland, and then Serbia or Croatia would just claim everything is their property. I like the idea of creating a new country, but I don't see it as possible within Europe.
That is true. As per the international laws, Liberland is a part of Croatia, although the latter refuses to take ownership. Liberland is a worthless piece of forest right now, and there is no interest from the part of Croatia to reclaim it. However, if Liberland is able to attract significant investments, then it will no longer remain as worthless to Croatia.
Considering how many people want to live in Liberland (without it having any infrastructure) this doesn't really matter. Who says that Liberland can't become a place for the rich like Monaco with just an added bonus which would be Bitcoin. Recent information shows that over 200 000 people have applied to become citizens!
I'm much amazed from this situation. I have yet to see any official reaction from Croatia or Serbia regarding Liberland. If I were to invest there, I would wait till they recognize the new country.
I'm not sure that they really care about it. This was a result of unnecessary political drama; the land is useless to both sides.
Liberland however has a different problem. I didn't notice anyone mentioning this. This land was already claimed by Paraduin (which received much less recognition by the masses). http://www.paraduin.nl/?p=173
I wonder how this would get resolved?

(google translate)

Paraduin
Para Dune is the name of our planet in a parallel universe. Technologically Para Dune not developed, but unlike Earth Para Dune is a magical world.

Between Para and Dune Earth opens a gate. Because it does not go with the civilization on Earth well, residents of Para Dune started a new country here. The name of this country is also Para Dune.

Territoriale claim

Para Dune exists on Earth from the following areas:

address Igor Stravinsky Singel 50, 3069 MA Rotterdam (Rotterdam cadastre, Section 13E, complex AFD BA 1616);
Siga , formerly  terra nullius , west of the Danube between Croatia and Serbia;
both since April 1, 2015.

Constitution van Paraduin
Citizens of Para Dune have the right to a fair trial.
Citizenship of Para Duin, the rights and duties of citizens and aliens, and other rights and obligations are regulated by law, to the extent not already provided for in the constitution.
Every citizen has freedom of thought. Exclusively peaceful religions and beliefs may be propagated.
Citizens have the right to association, assembly, expression and demonstration.
Every citizen has the right to life and death, personal freedom and property, and the protection of their rights and their privacy.
Para Dune is a monarchy. The title of the monarch's prince (ss), fully Prince (ss) of Para Dune. His monarch Prince Ogidius and his legitimate successors. The succession is regulated by law.
Monarch's legal representative and a citizen of Para Dune. Other titles and representation are regulated by law.
The law may impose restrictions on rights and obligations, subject to Article 1, and only if the need arises to do so under Article 1.
In law the rights and duties of citizens can be further clarified.
Laws and constitution are introduced, amended and abolished by decree of the legitimate monarch, unless otherwise provided by law.
In cases where the constitution or the law does not decide the monarch.

Hmm... No freedom of speech hey!

Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2015, 03:11:30 PM

-snip-

Citizenship of Para Duin, the rights and duties of citizens and aliens, and other rights and obligations are regulated by law, to the extent not already provided for in the constitution.
Every citizen has freedom of thought. Exclusively peaceful religions and beliefs may be propagated.
Every citizen has the right to life and death, personal freedom and property, and the protection of their rights and their privacy.
Para Dune is a monarchy. The title of the monarch's prince (ss), fully Prince (ss) of Para Dune. His monarch Prince Ogidius and his legitimate successors. The succession is regulated by law.
Monarch's legal representative and a citizen of Para Dune. Other titles and representation are regulated by law.
The law may impose restrictions on rights and obligations, subject to Article 1, and only if the need arises to do so under Article 1.
Laws and constitution are introduced, amended and abolished by decree of the legitimate monarch, unless otherwise provided by law.

I did not know this. Freedom of thought is a very stupid expression. I hardly doubt that anyone can prohibit thinking. Then it is no surprise that this didn't take off, it's a stupid attempt at a monarchy with no freedom of speech. Liberland on the other hand has a chance. It depends on the people who applied for a citizenship.
I wonder however how many people can they accept in the first round?

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 03:39:09 PM

-snip-

I did not know this. Freedom of thought is a very stupid expression. I hardly doubt that anyone can prohibit thinking. Then it is no surprise that this didn't take off, it's a stupid attempt at a monarchy with no freedom of speech. Liberland on the other hand has a chance. It depends on the people who applied for a citizenship.
I wonder however how many people can they accept in the first round?

I believe everyone from porcfest should be a Liberland citizen. Automagically!

Cool

pawel7777
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1588

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2015, 04:18:12 PM

Latest press hit by The Guardian:

Liberland: hundreds of thousands apply to live in world's newest 'country'
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/apr/24/liberland-hundreds-of-thousands-apply-to-live-in-worlds-newest-country

“The legal system will incorporate good habits from other countries: Switzerland, Britain, Estonia, some parts of the US constitution,” he adds. Liberland will have a government of “10 to 20 members and a police force, but will not have an army, operating an open-border policy”. An official cryptocurrency along the lines of bitcoin is planned and state debt will be banned under the constitution.

▄██▄▄                          ▄████
             ▄█▀   ▀▀▄▄                    ▄█▀▀   ▀█▄
            █▀         ▀▄                ▄█▀        █▄
           █▀   ▄█▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀      ▀▄   █▄
          ▄█   ▄█▀███▄▄                          █   ▀█
          █    ▀   ▀████▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        █   █▄
          █         ▀████████████████████████▄▄▄      ██
         ██        ▄██████████████████████████████▄    ▀█▄
        ▄█▀     ▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████████▄▄   ▀█▄
      ▄█▀     █████████████              ▀▀████████████▄   █▄
    ▄█▀        ▄██████████████▀▀█▄    ▄▄     █  ▀██ ▀███▄   ██
   ███▄▄     ▄███████████▀▀           ▀██▄        ▀  ▀▀     █▀
     █▀     ███████████▀                               ▄▀   ██
    █▀    ▄██████████▀                       ▄▄▄       ▀   ▄█
   █▀    ▄██████████▀           ▄▄      ▀▀████████▄         ▀██▄
  █▀    ▄███████████          ▄██▀   ▀▀█▄   ▀███████▄▄▄██▄▄   ▀██▄
 █▀     ▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ████      ▀██▄  ▀████████   ▀▀▀    ▀█▄
▄█              ▀▀█           ████  ▄▄█▄▄███▄  ▀██████           ▀█▄
██▄▄▄▄▄                       █████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀████▄           ██
       ▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄                █████▄▄▄            ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▄██
               ▀▀▀▄▄           ▀█████████████████▄▄          ▄▀▀▀
                    ▀▀▄▄         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀
                        ▀
.BETFURY..
|
         ▄▄▄▄▄████▀▄▄▄
      ▄███▀▀▀█▀▀  ▄████▄
    ▄██     ▀       ▀▀███▄
  ▄██   ▄██▄    ▄█▄   ▀████▄
 ██▀    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀█     ▀███
██▀   ▄███   ███▄▄▄█▄    ▀███
██    ███  ▄█▀▀█▀▀███     ███
██    ███▄▄██ █▄█▄ ███    ██▀
██        ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀     ██
██▄   ▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄     ▄█▀
 ██▄█▀  █▄▄█ █▄  █ ▄▄   ▄██
  ███   █▄▄█ █   █▄▄█  ▄█▀
   ████▄             ▄██▀
    ▀█▀█▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
       ▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀
WIN REAL CRYPTO IN THE REAL DROP
JOIN $20,000,000 CRYPTODROP
|Join Fury Game
Get Free Crypto
BFG, USDT, BTC, ETH
|▄████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
████▀▀▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀████
████▄ ▀█▄ ▀██████▀  ▄█████
██████▄ ▀█▄ ▀██▀  ▄███████
████████▄ ▀█▄   ▄█████████
██████████▄ ██ ▀██████████
█████████▀   ▀█▄ ▀████████
███████▀  ▄██▄ ▀█▄ ▀██████
█████▀  ▄██████▄ ▀█▄ ▀████
████▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄▄████
 ████████████████████████
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
...PLAY...
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 06:30:52 PM

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/apr/24/liberland-hundreds-of-thousands-apply-to-live-in-worlds-newest-country

“The legal system will incorporate good habits from other countries: Switzerland, Britain, Estonia, some parts of the US constitution,” he adds. Liberland will have a government of “10 to 20 members and a police force, but will not have an army, operating an open-border policy”. An official cryptocurrency along the lines of bitcoin is planned and state debt will be banned under the constitution.

The Guardian's title is a bit far-fetched. Hundreds of thousands have applied for citizenship, which doesn't necessarily mean they want to move there, but I see a good business there. If that new government asks for €50 to sell passports, they will make a million in no time.

Hey, they said no tax, but they didn't say passports would be free.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 07:07:48 PM

The Guardian's title is a bit far-fetched. Hundreds of thousands have applied for citizenship, which doesn't necessarily mean they want to move there, but I see a good business there. If that new government asks for €50 to sell passports, they will make a million in no time.

Hey, they said no tax, but they didn't say passports would be free.

Liberland should have their own kind of blockchain for everything money/state related. Each passport should be like a storage of trust. If you are an outstanding citizen your liberlandcoin will go up in value. Everyone could consult the liberland blockchain and see if your trust capital is good or not.

ðºÞæ

Merit: 297

Bitcoin © Maximalist

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 05:45:56 PM

Another new country born
http://enclava.org/

"The existing Visa credit card network processes about 15 million Internet purchases per day worldwide. Bitcoin can already scale much larger than that with existing hardware for a fraction of the cost. It never really hits a scale ceiling."  Satoshi Nakamoto, April 2009          Avoiding taxes is totally legal if you consider and respect the law.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 06:17:06 PM

Another new country born

Enclav I?

pawel7777
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1588

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2015, 09:15:36 PM

Another new country born

Wow, the entire 100m². And they already chose Dogecoin as official currency.

The only photo is from google maps, my guess is that author the website has actually never been there.

▄██▄▄                          ▄████
             ▄█▀   ▀▀▄▄                    ▄█▀▀   ▀█▄
            █▀         ▀▄                ▄█▀        █▄
           █▀   ▄█▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀      ▀▄   █▄
          ▄█   ▄█▀███▄▄                          █   ▀█
          █    ▀   ▀████▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        █   █▄
          █         ▀████████████████████████▄▄▄      ██
         ██        ▄██████████████████████████████▄    ▀█▄
        ▄█▀     ▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████████▄▄   ▀█▄
      ▄█▀     █████████████              ▀▀████████████▄   █▄
    ▄█▀        ▄██████████████▀▀█▄    ▄▄     █  ▀██ ▀███▄   ██
   ███▄▄     ▄███████████▀▀           ▀██▄        ▀  ▀▀     █▀
     █▀     ███████████▀                               ▄▀   ██
    █▀    ▄██████████▀                       ▄▄▄       ▀   ▄█
   █▀    ▄██████████▀           ▄▄      ▀▀████████▄         ▀██▄
  █▀    ▄███████████          ▄██▀   ▀▀█▄   ▀███████▄▄▄██▄▄   ▀██▄
 █▀     ▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ████      ▀██▄  ▀████████   ▀▀▀    ▀█▄
▄█              ▀▀█           ████  ▄▄█▄▄███▄  ▀██████           ▀█▄
██▄▄▄▄▄                       █████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀████▄           ██
       ▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄                █████▄▄▄            ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▄██
               ▀▀▀▄▄           ▀█████████████████▄▄          ▄▀▀▀
                    ▀▀▄▄         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀
                        ▀
.BETFURY..
|
         ▄▄▄▄▄████▀▄▄▄
      ▄███▀▀▀█▀▀  ▄████▄
    ▄██     ▀       ▀▀███▄
  ▄██   ▄██▄    ▄█▄   ▀████▄
 ██▀    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀█     ▀███
██▀   ▄███   ███▄▄▄█▄    ▀███
██    ███  ▄█▀▀█▀▀███     ███
██    ███▄▄██ █▄█▄ ███    ██▀
██        ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀     ██
██▄   ▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄     ▄█▀
 ██▄█▀  █▄▄█ █▄  █ ▄▄   ▄██
  ███   █▄▄█ █   █▄▄█  ▄█▀
   ████▄             ▄██▀
    ▀█▀█▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
       ▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀
WIN REAL CRYPTO IN THE REAL DROP
JOIN $20,000,000 CRYPTODROP
|Join Fury Game
Get Free Crypto
BFG, USDT, BTC, ETH
|▄████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
████▀▀▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀████
████▄ ▀█▄ ▀██████▀  ▄█████
██████▄ ▀█▄ ▀██▀  ▄███████
████████▄ ▀█▄   ▄█████████
██████████▄ ██ ▀██████████
█████████▀   ▀█▄ ▀████████
███████▀  ▄██▄ ▀█▄ ▀██████
█████▀  ▄██████▄ ▀█▄ ▀████
████▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄▄████
 ████████████████████████
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
...PLAY...
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 09:42:50 PM

100 m² and 128 people have already been granted citizenship. Not for me! I like open spaces.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 02:31:29 AM

100 m² and 128 people have already been granted citizenship. Not for me! I like open spaces.

Not a fan of being a serf in a 100 m² kingdom either.

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2015, 09:35:49 AM

People seriously need to stop setting up Landlocked countries ( Don't think you can really call these plots of land nations ) because it will make it very difficult for people to survive if surrounding countries decide to put any kind of embargo on them or invade.
Aggressor66

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 09:53:49 AM

It's easy for the Serbs to support Liberland. There's the Danube dividing them and the territory of this country wannabe. The border between Serbia and Croatia is at the middle of the river.
Which means that Croatia will have the final word to say and they are not amused.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2015, 09:59:22 AM

People seriously need to stop setting up Landlocked countries ( Don't think you can really call these plots of land nations ) because it will make it very difficult for people to survive if surrounding countries decide to put any kind of embargo on them or invade.
Well not necessarily. There are countries that are already locked down/between others. The issue is that they're starting up a new country (i.e. there isn't anything there) and on a very small territory.
Just look at this one. The size of the land that I own is bigger than this country!

Another new country born

Wow, the entire 100m². And they already chose Dogecoin as official currency.
The only photo is from google maps, my guess is that author the website has actually never been there.
They've even chosen the wrong currency. I mean what's the point of this?
What's the point of having more and more countries in the world?

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
patt0
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1005

Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 10:24:04 AM

pff they are doing it wrong already

"- do not have communist, nazi or other extremist past"
"- were not punished for past criminal offenses"

They are being extremist already by excluding these profiles. This means that they don't believe in "redemption", so what would happen if someone committed a crime in their country? Would they be banned, or worst?
Those two rules are the first point for them to claim superiority, like they are better than those that have a criminal offense (because they don't even analyze the context, they just exclude them period).

Next step they will conquer the world and instead of killing Jewish they will ban/kill people that fit in that profile...

coric

Activity: 169
Merit: 10

ExToke - Fee Free Trading

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 08:38:13 PM

Hey, any news about that funny swampland? Got to say of all micronations they seem to have the best chances, maybe after Sealand

▬▬ι═══════-  ♦ EXTOKE  -═══════ι▬▬
●▬●▬●▬●▬ FEE FREE DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE! ▬●▬●▬●▬●
[{Website}{Token Sale}{White Paper}{Platform}{Twitter}{Facebook}
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: