Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 10:34:30 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Discussion about 10,000BTC Bet (Official)  (Read 104432 times)
P4man

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 04:24:35 PM

Theymos gave him the tag. I'm sure theymos is not happy, given that he had a bet.

Thanks for me letting me know. You have to unignore him to see it Wink.

bitlane
Internet detective

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

I heart thebaron

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 04:26:30 PM

In all honestty though, I actually feel VIOLATED.

It's as if Matthew reached into my pocket and stole the Bitcoins right out from under me. This couldn't have come at a worse time, as I already spent the Bitcoins that I had planned to win, so in essence, he's not only a Scammer, but also a thief. Matthew stole my bitcoins.

Draino

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 04:27:41 PM

so, did we learn our lesson?
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 04:27:55 PM

It's as if Matthew reached into my pocket and stole the Bitcoins right out from under me. This couldn't have come at a worse time, as I already spent the Bitcoins that I had planned to win, so in essence, he's not only a Scammer, but also a thief. Matthew stole my bitcoins.

How so did you spend them?

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 04:29:34 PM

Nope we didn't. His whole "lesson" was pointless. He is a liar, a scammer, and possibly a theif at this point.

Bitcoin Magazine....in my opinion should fire him. Well that might not change much. Being associated with him now will be bad for business with their magazine.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

bg002h
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1464
Merit: 1047

I outlived my lifetime membership:)

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2012, 04:29:43 PM

Not wise.

Hardforks aren't that hard. It’s getting others to use them that's hard.
1GCDzqmX2Cf513E8NeThNHxiYEivU1Chhe
bixcoin

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Bixcoin Superdouche

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 04:30:22 PM

I can't believe there is actually a discussion about if Matthew did right. This is fraud as open as can be. No judge in the world would stand a second for Matthew. I am a fairly new forum member and I always thought either Matthew is a fraud or totally insane.
He was just backed up by so many other members that seemed to know him and trusted him that I considered he might just now something everybody else doesnt.
People are doing him too good in saying he wanted to teach a lesson. You can say that about every fraud. If I would have taken the bet I would defenitely consider criminal charges!
In general it just confirms that Bitcoin is still some geek thing with lots of premature guys having too much of it and falling for the simplest scams and then not even taking real actions against the fraudsters.
For me big parts of this forums seem a bit like kindergarten. Sorry for that, just some thoughts from an outsider.
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5236
Merit: 13088

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 04:30:57 PM

Matthew committed fraud, plain and simple. While I'm personally only disappointed that I'm not getting 400 BTC, others used this bet as their main method of hedging against Pirate or made other investment decisions based on this bet because they trusted Matthew. Matthew has demonstrated that he is unworthy of anyone's trust.

I guess I was right the first time.
I have no confidence in [Matthew]'s sense of morality, and I will never trade with him.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 04:32:26 PM

I can't believe there is actually a discussion about if Matthew did right. This is fraud as open as can be. No judge in the world would stand a second for Matthew. I am a fairly new forum member and I always thought either Matthew is a fraud or totally insane.
He was just backed up by so many other members that seemed to know him and trusted him that I considered he might just now something everybody else doesnt.
People are doing him too good in saying he wanted to teach a lesson. You can say that about every fraud. If I would have taken the bet I would defenitely consider criminal charges!
In general it just confirms that Bitcoin is still some geek thing with lots of premature guys having too much of it and falling for the simplest scams and then not even taking real actions against the fraudsters.
For me big parts of this forums seem a bit like kindergarten. Sorry for that, just some thoughts from an outsider.

At this point yes you are right its immature like kindergarten. We can thank Matthew for bringing that to this forum in such a retarded way.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 04:33:42 PM

Matthew committed fraud, plain and simple. While I'm personally only disappointed that I'm not getting 400 BTC, others used this bet as their main method of hedging against Pirate or made other investment decisions based on this bet because they trusted Matthew. Matthew has demonstrated that he is unworthy of anyone's trust.

I have no confidence in [Matthew]'s sense of morality, and I will never trade with him.

Please REMOVE him permanently from the staff of this forum.

Edit: He can be viewed as Atlas version #2. LOL

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

jwzguy

Activity: 868
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 04:35:15 PM

Yes. How about a permaban?
Domrada

Activity: 254

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2012, 04:36:13 PM

The fact that he is associated with that magazine has lost it many potential subscriptions.

Are you kidding ? Who out of the trolls on this forum WOULD have subscribed to news that they all talk about on a daily basis on this forum ?

Bitcoin Magazine is not targeted to bitcointalk.org geeks and trolls. It's target is the REAL WORLD in an attempt to bring more people INTO the Bitcoin environment and introduce them to something new.

Nice try though.
Nice try? I know of about 7 personally. Probably more, but at least 7.

Yup this is spot on. When I first heard about the magazine I thought, "oh, what a great way to introduce people to bitcoin. I'll get 3 subscriptions, put one issue in the waiting area at my business, one at my office, and one on the coffee table at home.  But then I found out Matthew was behind it and changed my mind.  You can ignore people like me if you want, but the fact remains.

DataTrading
TRADE FORECASTING BY ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE
¦
PRE-SALE SPECIAL  30%  BONUS   
Pre sale starts on 11.20.2017 9:00 UTC
bitlane
Internet detective

Activity: 462

I heart thebaron

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 04:37:04 PM

How so did you spend them?

Hookers, Blow....and I invested in another 'Long Term' offer. Unfortunately that offer turned out to be a passthrough to Pirate, so I got duped again !
(I hope you can tell that I am 500% joking about this all....lol)

BorderBits

Activity: 275

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 04:37:25 PM

So this is the fourth scam this week?  
bg002h
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1464
Merit: 1047

I outlived my lifetime membership:)

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2012, 04:37:50 PM

People give pirate 3 weeks to repay money he actually took (and he doesn't) while people give Matthew 3 hours to pay a bet he says he reserved the right to cancel....

People are too gullible. I'm sorry. This is all so silly.

We are supposed to be engaged in a revolution, and it's come to _this_???

Hardforks aren't that hard. It’s getting others to use them that's hard.
1GCDzqmX2Cf513E8NeThNHxiYEivU1Chhe
Inedible

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

What doesn't kill you only makes you sicker!

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 04:39:13 PM

Wait, wait!

Is it too late to place a bet?

If this post was useful, interesting or entertaining, then you've misunderstood.
Transisto
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2012, 04:39:27 PM

People give pirate 3 weeks to repay money he actually took (and he doesn't) while people give Matthew 3 hours to pay a bet he says he reserved the right to cancel....

People are too gullible. I'm sorry. This is all so silly.

We are supposed to be engaged in a revolution, and it's come to _this_???
You missed the part where he said he wouldn't pay anything. But to http://blockchain.info/address/13dSK4663Ts7j2PwHS1eUVjycKLBwx7PJM
flower1024
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 04:39:49 PM

+1

Is he still a staff member?
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 04:42:35 PM

Well I didn't have a bet but I did learn that Matt is immature, irresponsible, and reckless.  I won't be trusting him or any person or company that associates with him.

Not sure if that was the lesson he was trying to teach.
makomk

Activity: 686
Merit: 564

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 04:45:59 PM

Quoted for truth. What's more, Matthew not only knowingly accepted bets from people he knew were relying on them to hedge their BS&T investment, but was even specifically advertising that they could be used for that purpose.

Quad XC6SLX150 Board: 860 MHash/s or so.
SIGS ABOUT BUTTERFLY LABS ARE PAID ADS
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  

Jump to: