Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 02:51:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: Community split?  (Read 658 times)
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 07:38:43 AM

how about a "Pirate " subforum till this shitstorm blows over, so many threads in so many forums its becoming a joke
mods could just dump all the pirate threads there for those that care Smiley

Pretty soon here there will only be one thread that anyone will post in.

The "Matthew wins 10,000BTC!" thread.

Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mem

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 07:46:03 AM

how about a "Pirate " subforum till this shitstorm blows over, so many threads in so many forums its becoming a joke

Matthew - you are doing horrific damage to this community.... thanks.

Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 07:47:14 AM

Drama much?

mem

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 07:56:38 AM

Drama much?

this from the 17 year old that said "Id shoot myself in the head to teach people a lesson".

Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 07:57:35 AM

Drama much?

this from the 17 year old that said "Id shoot myself in the head to teach people a lesson".

Would you mind outline the 'horrific damage' I'm causing please?

mem

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 08:02:21 AM

Drama much?

Would you mind outline the 'horrific damage' I'm causing please?

Its been outlined 100 times but you ignore it.

To summarize:

Believe pirate or take your money and bet to prove you dont or STFU

^ what an ugly ugly anti freedom of speech stance to take.
Additionally its very obvious a scare tactic designed to put you in control of any topic about pirate - it is fucking sickening.

I cut you some slack though, you are still just an ignorant kid with plenty of growing up to do,  the fact anyone would put money in your hands after the zhou tong proves there is a sucker born every second.

Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 08:06:01 AM

To summarize:

Believe pirate or take your money and bet to prove you dont or STFU
"Stop defaming and pretending you're experts just because you don't understand something. Stop harassing other bitcoiners because of what they invest in. Stop being anti-social. If you do, you'll have to pay a tax to Matthew."
FTFY

Additionally its very obvious a scare tactic designed to put you in control of any topic about pirate - it is fucking sickening.
Nice! Thanks for the idea!

I cut you some slack though, you are still just an ignorant kid with plenty of growing up to do,  the fact anyone would put money in your hands after the zhou tong proves there is a sucker born every second.
What happened with Zhou Tong and what does it have to do with me again?

hannesnaude

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

Firstbits : 1Hannes

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 08:13:35 AM

"Stop defaming and pretending you're experts just because you don't understand something. Stop harassing other bitcoiners because of what they invest in. Stop being anti-social. If you do, you'll have to pay a tax to Matthew."

Yeah the problem with pitching your bet as a way of "teaching others a lesson" is that it is only a lesson if they actually lose the bet. But you yourself have said that you don't trust pirate and that you would not recommend investing in BTCST because it is very high risk and has no transparency, implying there is a real chance that coins invested would be lost. 

If the risk was unacceptable to you back before the default started, why would it suddenly be acceptable now and for a far lower reward? Unless you actually think you are going to win your actions does not make sense as either an investment or a "lesson to others". Unless the lesson is not to trust random strangers on the internet. In which case, I read you loud and clear and will not be betting against you.
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 08:16:39 AM

But you yourself have said that you don't trust pirate
Where? When?

that you would not recommend investing in BTCST because it is very high risk and has no transparency, implying there is a real chance that coins invested would be lost.
No, it doesn't imply anything. If you have ever invested before, you know that a company that does not open their books to investors can do any number of things that are bad for the investors including but not limited to embezzlement on small and large scales, late payments, insufficent return on investments, etc.

Just because you think a business is risky, doesn't mean you think it's a scam. What if he were selling drugs? I wouldn't want to invest in that even if I believed he could sell the drugs on the off chance that he couldn't or got arrested. This would be considered a high risk investment.

My lack of interest in investing in Pirate is because I don't believe his rate of return is possible to sustain. And I'm right, essentially. He's shutting down afterall isn't he?

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2012, 08:20:18 AM

Concern troll much?

Matthew is awesome and what he is doing is hilarious.  You are spending a creepy amount of time following him around, imitating him, etc.

I second Graet's suggestion for a pirate sub.  Let's call it "Bitlame & mem's FUD ghetto."

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
mem

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 08:23:57 AM

Concern troll much?

Matthew is awesome and what he is doing is hilarious.  You are spending a creepy amount of time following him around, imitating him, etc.

I second Graet's suggestion for a pirate sub.  Let's call it "Bitlame & mem's FUD ghetto."

except you just quoted my last 2 replies.

Next time try not be worse than the person you attack Wink

hannesnaude

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 09:32:53 AM

But you yourself have said that you don't trust pirate
Where? When?
Did a quick scan of you posts and I stand corrected.

[quote a
that you would not recommend investing in BTCST because it is very high risk and has no transparency, implying there is a real chance that coins invested would be lost.
No, it doesn't imply anything. If you have ever invested before, you know that a company that does not open their books to investors can do any number of things that are bad for the investors including but not limited to embezzlement on small and large scales, late payments, insufficent return on investments, etc.

Just because you think a business is risky, doesn't mean you think it's a scam. What if he were selling drugs? I wouldn't want to invest in that even if I believed he could sell the drugs on the off chance that he couldn't or got arrested. This would be considered a high risk investment.

I've invested plenty, thanks. Sure companies can do plenty that is harmful to investors. But bear  in mind that pirates so called investors were really "depositors" rather than "shareholders". They were not buying a percentage of the operation, implying that they have a right to a percentage of future profits.

So it is more similar to making a deposit at a bank for a fixed interest rate, than it is to investing in a company. In this case the only  relevant question is "Am I safe against a default?" If we ascertain that the answer is yes, then your concerns are moot.

Management embezzling money? If this does not result in a default, then, by definition, they must have been stealing from the shareholders, not the depositors.
Late payments? A default by any other name.
Insufficient return? Isn't this just another way of saying default (since the exact percentage interest returned was agreed to up front?)
Selling drugs and getting arrested? Boohoo for him. I had no knowledge of this fact and would be no more liable than someone who deposited at a bank who in turn loaned money to a drug lord. Luckily I still get my capital and interest back.

My lack of interest in investing in Pirate is because I don't believe his rate of return is possible to sustain. And I'm right, essentially. He's shutting down afterall isn't he?

Pffft. Any positive rate of return is impossible to sustain in a non-inflationary currency. Someone who invests 1 BTC at 1% weekly interest and allows it to compound will have all 21 million bitcoins after 32 and a half years. Any investment, no matter how small at a fixed positive interest rate no matter how small will eventually grow to exceed the total money supply. The only distinction is how long it takes. By contrast how sustainable is your bet?
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 09:44:11 AM

By contrast how sustainable is your bet?

If I continue to win? Infinitely. If I lose this time just once? I won't be betting anymore.  Wink

hannesnaude

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 01:53:25 PM

By contrast how sustainable is your bet?

If I continue to win? Infinitely. If I lose this time just once? I won't be betting anymore.  Wink

You could say the same thing about investing in Pirate. Or playing russian roulette. Doesn't make any of those a smart move.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: