Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 10:14:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Posts deleted  (Read 1264 times)
dcgirl (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 11:05:24 PM

Can someone please explain to me why 3 posts of mine were deleted today, apparently by bitcointalk moderators? This is one of them (my post was the "wow, very cool, thanks" response). None of this or my other posts were off-topic, or fud, or offensive or anything else that would justify deletion.

Quote from: Crestington on April 12, 2015, 03:01:06 PM

No, it's based on time. It sends out Coins as TX Fees at set intervals with a random amount of drift time, it's like a range where there is a minimum amount of time (say 2 minutes) with a random amount of time (1 second to 4 minutes) for an average of 3 minutes. When you Stake during this week, you have a chance to hit some of these Blocks and in order to Stake when you want you could hold back some of Your Stake for the days you want, or let it Stake and manage the sizes of your Blocks to be a bit larger for higher weight in each Block. It is recommended to have Blocks of around 500 Coins each.

wow, very cool, thanks

oh, and please move this to a different forum if this is the wrong place.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1031

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 11:09:30 PM

Unofficial list of (official) Bitcointalk.org rules, guidelines, FAQ

1. No zero or low value, pointless or uninteresting posts or threads. [1][e]

Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 11:13:28 PM

Unofficial list of (official) Bitcointalk.org rules, guidelines, FAQ

1. No zero or low value, pointless or uninteresting posts or threads. [1][e]

But if people can't respond then how do you know they are part of the thread or understand what's being said?

This seems like too heavy moderation, other people have had their posts deleted in the thread as well and have complained, atleast 5-6 people. This sets the tone that you might be scared to post anything because you fear it will be deleted by mods.
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 11:22:21 PM
Last edit: April 18, 2015, 11:33:09 PM by BlindMayorBitcorn

The moderation here is generally considered to have become somewhat heavy-handed recently. You aren't alone Cry

@Quickseller  Powerful display of knowledge, advertising.

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 11:27:49 PM

No, it's based on time. It sends out Coins as TX Fees at set intervals with a random amount of drift time, it's like a range where there is a minimum amount of time (say 2 minutes) with a random amount of time (1 second to 4 minutes) for an average of 3 minutes. When you Stake during this week, you have a chance to hit some of these Blocks and in order to Stake when you want you could hold back some of Your Stake for the days you want, or let it Stake and manage the sizes of your Blocks to be a bit larger for higher weight in each Block. It is recommended to have Blocks of around 500 Coins each.

wow, very cool, thanks

My understanding is that the above is exactly what you had posted. If this is the case then you were essentially writing a "+1" post which is not allowed as these kinds of posts do not add anything to the conversation. Yes you did write about potentially moving the thread, however the thread being moved is a given if it is filed in the incorrect section (moderators do not need permission for this).

It would be acceptable to write "+1" or "wow, very cool, thanks" and then add something above that, for example you could say why you agree or add additional points to what was said....or you could ask a question for clarification.

But if people can't respond then how do you know they are part of the thread or understand what's being said?

This seems like too heavy moderation, other people have had their posts deleted in the thread as well and have complained, atleast 5-6 people. This sets the tone that you might be scared to post anything because you fear it will be deleted by mods.
People can respond as long as they are adding something to the conversation. If they are simply agreeing with the OP (or another post) then there is no reason for them to post
Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 11:36:36 PM

wow, very cool, thanks

My understanding is that the above is exactly what you had posted. If this is the case then you were essentially writing a "+1" post which is not allowed as these kinds of posts do not add anything to the conversation. Yes you did write about potentially moving the thread, however the thread being moved is a given if it is filed in the incorrect section (moderators do not need permission for this).

It would be acceptable to write "+1" or "wow, very cool, thanks" and then add something above that, for example you could say why you agree or add additional points to what was said....or you could ask a question for clarification.

People can respond as long as they are adding something to the conversation. If they are simply agreeing with the OP (or another post) then there is no reason for them to post

I disagree with this because it hinders freedom of speech.
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 2607

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2015, 11:43:01 PM
Last edit: April 19, 2015, 12:04:05 AM by mprep

wow, very cool, thanks

This is a privately owned forum (by theymos of course) and although it's based on quite liberal views, there are still rules in place which have to be followed. I'll just leave this xkcd.com comic here and let it explain the rest:

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 11:47:56 PM

wow, very cool, thanks

No it doesn't. You are still allowed to agree (or disagree) with any viewpoint you wish. You are just asked to add something when you agree.

If anyone is to take your "agreement" seriously anyway you will want to backup your view by saying as to why you agree, otherwise people will just think you are a sheep
Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 12:21:43 AM

wow, very cool, thanks

No it doesn't. You are still allowed to agree (or disagree) with any viewpoint you wish. You are just asked to add something when you agree.

If anyone is to take your "agreement" seriously anyway you will want to backup your view by saying as to why you agree, otherwise people will just think you are a sheep

Ok I understand what you mean, I think the mods do a great job and was more saying that some of the things might be a bit heavy handed and feel like I would be banned for expressing opinion on the matter.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2015, 07:48:59 AM

The moderation here is generally considered to have become somewhat heavy-handed recently. You aren't alone Cry

I disagree here. I've always felt that there is a lack of moderation for a privately owned forum. There is just so much nonsense and people who're in signature campaigns often repeat the things that others said in the same thread. I don't remember the last time that a moderator removed my post. If there was too much moderation we'd all be feeling it.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2015, 08:41:31 AM

I dont see the problem here. Id rather ask why your other posts that are very similar are still up (see list below). Its certainly fine to thank someone for their help, but it shouldnt be all you do.

I removed what you quoted and only checked the first page of your posts. 5 out of 20 posts are pretty much "+1" posts.

haha, that's awesome, well done

-snip-
lolz

-snip-
Interesting. I still don't see support for alts there, but thanks for sharing.

-snip-
Agree and congrats to Robb!

-snip-
Awesome news, guys. Congrats. Looking forward to continued progress with your coin!

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 08:47:02 AM

I dont see the problem here. Id rather ask why your other posts that are very similar are still up (see list below). Its certainly fine to thank someone for their help, but it shouldnt be all you do.

I removed what you quoted and only checked the first page of your posts. 5 out of 20 posts are pretty much "+1" posts.

-snip-
lolz

-snip-

-snip-

-snip-
Awesome news, guys. Congrats. Looking forward to continued progress with your coin!

She's a cryptsy employee, just keeping up appearances

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2015, 09:08:32 AM

-snip-
lolz

-snip-

-snip-

-snip-

Well, IMHO this is no social media platform, but a discussion board.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4074
Merit: 1623

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2015, 09:13:29 AM

+1 posts would have been fine in my opinion if it weren't for sig campaigns. Getting paid for posting meaningless posts is the problem, so once you disallow them for people with sig campaigns you have to disallow them for everyone else.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 1352

Cashback 15%

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 08:31:31 PM

I disagree here. I've always felt that there is a lack of moderation for a privately owned forum. There is just so much nonsense and people who're in signature campaigns often repeat the things that others said in the same thread. I don't remember the last time that a moderator removed my post. If there was too much moderation we'd all be feeling it.

Agreed. And sometimes, advising a topic starter to close the thread since he/she receive a sufficient response in regards to his/her questions often result in bashing from other users. Oftentimes, a thread is bombarded with redundant replies only with different words so as to hide the similarities between them. That's plainly annoying to read.

.HUGE.
▄██████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████▌██▌▐██▐██▐████▄███
████▐██▐████▌██▌██▌██▌██
█████▀███▀███▀▐██▐██▐█████

▀█████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████▀

▀██████████▀▀
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CASINSPORTSBOOK
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█
LavaWave

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 03:04:57 PM

Agreed. And sometimes, advising a topic starter to close the thread since he/she receive a sufficient response in regards to his/her questions often result in bashing from other users. Oftentimes, a thread is bombarded with redundant replies only with different words so as to hide the similarities between them. That's plainly annoying to read.

This is one of the issues that I have as well, however I find that there seems to be inconsistency when it comes to the moderation on these boards. As pointed out above, some topics are locked when the topic becomes irrelevant or the topic has been answered. But others languish on these boards even after the pleading of posters to lock the thread! I've seen multiple threads on the same topic without any moderator stepping in to remove duplicate topics. Consistency seems to be an issue with me. JMHO

░░  ░░░     ░░░▒▒░░░░
          ░▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▒░░░░    ░░▒░░░░
      ░▒▓▓░▒▓▓░░▓▓▓▒░▓▓▓▓▒     ░░▓▒░
     ░░░▒▒      ░░░ ░▒▓▓▓░░░▒▓▒  ░░▒░░
    ░▓▓░  ░░░░░       ░░ ░▒▓▓▓▓▓ ░▓▓▒░ 
    ░░░ ░░░░░░░          ░░▓▓▓▓▓ ░▒▒░░ 
   ░▒▓░  ░░░░░░            ░░░░░ ▒▓▓▒░
    ░▒▒░   ░░                   ▒░░░░
     ░░░ ░░░░░░              ░░▓▓▓▒░
        ░░░░░░░           ░▒▒▒░░▒░░
          ░░░░      ░░░░ ░▒▓▓▓▓░
          ░░░░░░  ░░▓▓▓▓▒░░▒▓▒░░
           ░░░░░  ░▒▓▓▓▓▓░
            ░░░░░░  ░▒▓▒░░  ░░░
             ░░░░░░░      ░░░
               ░░░░░░░░░░░░░
                   ░░  ░░
  COSS.IO
Crypto One Stop Solution
▞⧯▚
▞⧯▚

▞⧯▚
▞⧯▚

▞⧯▚
▞⧯▚

▞⧯▚
▞⧯▚
▞⧯▚
..⧉ Multi-Wallet  ⧉ Exchange   ⧉ Merchant Platform
       COSS Token - An ERC20 based Token - revenue generating cryptocurrency     
▞⧯▚
▞⧯▚

▞⧯▚
▞⧯▚

▞⧯▚
▞⧯▚

▞⧯▚
▞⧯▚
▞⧯▚
..  ICO Details   
Whitepaper         ANN
▞⧯▚
▞⧯▚

▞⧯▚
▞⧯▚

▞⧯▚
▞⧯▚

▞⧯▚
▞⧯▚
▞⧯▚
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2015, 03:18:21 PM

This is one of the issues that I have as well, however I find that there seems to be inconsistency when it comes to the moderation on these boards. As pointed out above, some topics are locked when the topic becomes irrelevant or the topic has been answered. But others languish on these boards even after the pleading of posters to lock the thread! I've seen multiple threads on the same topic without any moderator stepping in to remove duplicate topics. Consistency seems to be an issue with me. JMHO
That's not a issue if you understand the situation completely. You do understand that this is voluntary work and that moderators have a life? The main and only thing that you have to do is report the thread.
I don't remember a time where someone made a delete request or I saw a spam thread that didn't get removed after my report. It was probably reported by others as well. If I hadn't reported it I wouldn't notice otherwise. It also depends on the board that you're discussing a certain topic in.
It's pretty obvious that the altcoin section or off topic section will be neglected when there are a lot of reports on the other parts of the forum such as Bitcoin Discussion (just an example).

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 03:24:16 PM

-snip-
lolz

-snip-

-snip-

-snip-

Well, IMHO this is no social media platform, but a discussion board.
I know that in the mining section, any post that an employee makes in their employers' threads are automatically considered on-topic because if the employer wants to let their employees look like idiots then the forum is not going to stop them. I don't see why the same rule couldn't be applied to other major Bitcoin companies.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 03:25:09 PM

That's not a issue if you understand the situation completely. You do understand that this is voluntary work and that moderators have a life? The main and only thing that you have to do is report the thread.
I don't remember a time where someone made a delete request or I saw a spam thread that didn't get removed after my report. It was probably reported by others as well. If I hadn't reported it I wouldn't notice otherwise. It also depends on the board that you're discussing a certain topic in.
It's pretty obvious that the altcoin section or off topic section will be neglected when there are a lot of reports on the other parts of the forum such as Bitcoin Discussion (just an example).
Nah, I had a post deleted that explained why I use the ignore button. I've dropped the speculation board because it has probably been compromised.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
TerminatorXL

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 03:55:07 PM

+1 posts would have been fine in my opinion if it weren't for sig campaigns. Getting paid for posting meaningless posts is the problem, so once you disallow them for people with sig campaigns you have to disallow them for everyone else.

Why? Mod sees potentially spammy post with a sig ->delete. No sig? Don't.
Where I live, prostitution (sex for money) is illegal, unmonetized sex is still ok tho.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: