Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 10:40:58 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Neutron SHA-256 LIVE!  (Read 31282 times)
Bitcoin Buyer Reload

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 06:46:47 PM

It has been brought to our attention that POS has started earlier than was originally intended. We are currently investigating the issue and will either prepare a fix or we will continue and just increase the coin amount. We deeply apologise for the confusion and we will post more details as soon as we have decided what course to take. Let me make clear though, we will not be relaunching so keep mining!

Don't mess with staking. If it isn't broke don't fix it. In the long run, you will regret forking your coin if you don't have to.

Nothing pisses off miners and investors more than devs increasing the coin supply. In the old days this was a favorite self-destructive passtime that coin devs participated in.

Agreed, let it be. It's part of the game and will probably do more harm than good if you try to do anything about it now.

agreed, just go with the flow. it is what it is now.  increase of coin supply does not always mean that it is something bad. it might turn out to be something good when the time arrives.

also i have noticed that the more coin that will be distributed, the more likely it happen that people will be interested in mining it
minerpools

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2015, 07:24:21 PM

Oh I see the hashrate is spread fairly (sarcasm).. Quite a large number of pools, all the hash at one. Same shit different day  Huh

Yeah, seems to be the norm lately.

moeseph

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 07:40:01 PM

Oh I see the hashrate is spread fairly (sarcasm).. Quite a large number of pools, all the hash at one. Same shit different day  Huh

Well, if all the pools had the same fair fee then there would be more fair spreads. All the pools have different fees so everyone with lots of hashrate would definitely go for the pools that charge less.
minerpools

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2015, 07:42:18 PM

Well, if all the pools had the same fair fee then there would be more fair spreads. All the pools have different fees so everyone with lots of hashrate would definitely go for the pools that charge less.

Fees are for covering server and operational costs, a 1% fee doesn't even come close to doing that unless you're doing something else on the backend with people's hashes.

moeseph

Activity: 47

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 07:44:03 PM

Fees are for covering server and operational costs, a 1% fee doesn't even come close to doing that unless you're doing something else on the backend with people's hashes.

Suchpool is charging us a 2% fee but i'm still mining there to try to even it out but, they're charging double what other pools are charging.
louiseth1
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Bitfarms.io

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2015, 07:45:01 PM

Suchpool is charging us a 2% fee but i'm still mining there to try to even it out but, they're charging double what other pools are charging.

But rock a 6 dedicated cluster with 10gbps internet feeds and 100+gbps ddos mitigation. Quality hosting has a price, and time? If you want to work for free, pm me i'll hire you in the team and pay you 0, that makes sense? Tongue

Bitfarms.io - Powering Blockchains with Sustainable Energy
portice1

Activity: 36

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 07:48:13 PM

Are you tossing out blatant accusations now, or do you have some sort of proof?

Bottomline, he (I'm assuming you are referring to supernova) performs.  He is always the first up which counts for alot usually.  If something goes wrong, he actively tries to make it right.  His service is outstanding on all fronts and all you other pool operators need to stop crying in every single new coin thread.

shimlbit
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 07:48:26 PM

btw guys ealier pos blocks means less amount Smiley

only 30 coins instead of

Block 121 - 950 = 750  Coins
   Block 951  - 1400 = 550 Coins
   Block 1401 - 1900  = 425 Coins
   Block 1901 - 2400 = 325 Coins
   Block 2401 - 2850 = 250 Coins
   Block 2851 - 3500 = 190 Coins
   Block 3501 - 4000 = 105 Coins
NeutronCoin (OP)

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 07:49:32 PM

The PoW/PoS charts have being changed to reflect PoS starting early.  No need to change anything if it works. We will go with the community request on this and Let It Be Smiley
shimlbit
Legendary

Activity: 1302

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 07:50:39 PM

The PoW/PoS charts have being changed to reflect PoS starting early.  No need to change anything if it works. We will go with the community request on this and Let It Be Smiley
its not a big problem...only less coins than expected with more 30 coin blocks while pow stage
minerpools

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2015, 08:09:12 PM

Bottomline, he (I'm assuming you are referring to supernova) performs.  He is always the first up which counts for alot usually.  If something goes wrong, he actively tries to make it right.  His service is outstanding on all fronts and all you other pool operators need to stop crying in every single new coin thread.

Was he the first pool up this time?
Isn't the service from suchpool and minerpools good as well?
No one's crying but unfair competition is very annoying.

louiseth1
Legendary

Bitfarms.io

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2015, 08:11:30 PM

I was just saying that the hashrate spread was not fair. Ultimately suprnova himself has nothing to do with it, the miners SHOULD be smart enough to distribute the hashrate even amongst all pool...

After all, isn't the CENTER MAIN GOAL of crypto to decentralize powers? Seems a lot of people just didn't get that part.

portice1

Activity: 36

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 08:19:02 PM

Not saying if he was or wasn't, really didn't pay attention.  Look at from a simple consumer point of view, I buy my coffee from "place A" for a real long time.  The coffee always tastes good, it's always there when i need it, and priced well.  Just because "place B" tells me to come drink their coffee because it's better, a bit more expensive, and they are upset because everyone is going to "place A" to buy their coffee and gosh darnit, it just isn't fair.  People are creatures of habit it takes a bit to change those habits and if you and suchpool are not "crying" about it I apologize, thats just how it's been coming across the past couple days in the various threads.

"Edited to state that 1 or 2% makes no diff to me honestly"

minerpools

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2015, 08:21:34 PM

Not saying if he was or wasn't, really didn't pay attention.  Look at from a simple consumer point of view, I buy my coffee from "place A" for a real long time.  The coffee always tastes good, it's always there when i need it, and priced well.  Just because "place B" tells me to come drink their coffee because it's better, a bit more expensive, and they are upset because everyone is going to "place A" to buy their coffee and gosh darnit, it just isn't fair.  People are creatures of habit it takes a bit to change those habits and if you and suchpool are not "crying" about it I apologize, thats just how it's been coming across the past couple days in the various threads.

I like coffee

So, btw should supernova be the only pool left then?
@ocminer, shill accounts eh? nice.

OVRGRO

Activity: 478
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 08:23:30 PM

got my first stake aka goodbye 520 coins Smiley
louiseth1
Legendary

Bitfarms.io

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2015, 08:31:29 PM

Makes total sense, I agree with you on that. Except the fact that this entire ecosystem is meant to be decentralized, and we're all doing the same mistakes that we've done in our current financial system which is to centralize too much the "power" into the same entities.

Yes we operate a higher fee, but got a nicer interface and more staff. Matter of choice ultimately, but people seem to go where all the hash is, regardless where it's at (it's not always suprnova who has all the hash). It's kind of defeating the purpose of all of this.

c-cex
Legendary

Activity: 1498

CryptoCurrency EXchange: https://c-cex.com

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2015, 08:31:51 PM

Welcome!

https://c-cex.com/?p=ntrn-btc
https://c-cex.com/?p=ntrn-usd

CryptoCurrency EXchange: https://c-cex.com
louiseth1
Legendary

Bitfarms.io

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2015, 08:32:46 PM

Ohai!

glen123
Legendary

Activity: 1028

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 08:33:15 PM

Thx C-Cex

The Race begun
Next 300 BTC
 Grin

donnyespo

Activity: 827

Twitter: @bitcoin_dad

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 08:36:50 PM

let the fun begin!

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █