Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:25:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Deepbit offline...  (Read 19207 times)
pwnyboy

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 01, 2011, 01:36:01 PM

wow this is weird are ISP's starting to block deepbit?? I can check my stuff on my phone 3G but none of my computers will connect to the web site nor the server.

I don't think anyone's blocking deepbit.  Rather, deepbit is blocking people, probably part of some DoS protection scheme.  One of my miners is blocked as well.

I'm not quite sure why none of Bitcoin's "critical infrastructure" employs a vast network of proxies, rather than "DoS protection" which is usually problematic.
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Chucksta

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 01, 2011, 01:56:54 PM

All working fine for my worker, and transactions Smiley I was gonna create a worker for each miner (Cool, but I think I'll leave it, as it is working nicely.

So, Deepbit is now safe guarded against DDoS attacks ?

Someone on another thread mentioned taking down a certain pool via DDoS means, obviously this one, which would kind of annoy me, seeing as most of my miners use this pool. I've also got some on BTC Guild. If one pool is down then at least some of my miners are working Smiley

Rock

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2011, 02:10:33 PM

wow this is weird are ISP's starting to block deepbit?? I can check my stuff on my phone 3G but none of my computers will connect to the web site nor the server.

FWIW I am experiencing the same issue.  I don't think it has anything to do with ISP blocking and more to do with some form of DDoS protection.
RaTTuS

Activity: 792
Merit: 1000

Bite me

View Profile
June 01, 2011, 02:49:19 PM

Problems communicating with bitcoin RPC
I'm getting that on some of my miners - not all just the ones that I want to work  Sad

In the Beginning there was CPU , then GPU , then FPGA then ASIC, what next I hear to ask ....

1RaTTuSEN7jJUDiW1EGogHwtek7g9BiEn
pwnyboy

Activity: 125

View Profile
June 01, 2011, 07:35:01 PM

I have 2 of my miners (on two different Internet IPs) still blocked.  Such a shame too, I like deepbit better than any of the other pools I've looked at.
[Tycho]

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2011, 07:55:52 PM

Please, check my thread instead of this one.
I'm not updating all the threads, sorry.

Welcome to my bitcoin mining pool: https://deepbit.net - Both payment schemes (including PPS), instant payout, no invalid blocks !
ICBIT Trading platform : USD/BTC futures trading, Bitcoin difficulty futures (NEW!). Third year in bitcoin business.
Bajotumn

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 02, 2011, 03:50:37 AM

[btw. how can one stop a ddos attack? or defend against it?]

I have a script I use on all my major websites to prevent a DDoS attack. Basically it forwards flooding connections to fbi.gov the issue usually...well resolves itself.
d1ng0d4n

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 04, 2011, 04:26:35 PM

I'm getting:

Windows cannot find '--host=pit.deepbit.net". Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.

What am I doing wrong? Or is Deepbit stuffed?
[Tycho]

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2011, 07:14:10 PM

I'm getting:
Windows cannot find '--host=pit.deepbit.net". Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.
What am I doing wrong? Or is Deepbit stuffed?
I gave you a complete answer in my thread. Why don't you want to read it ?

Welcome to my bitcoin mining pool: https://deepbit.net - Both payment schemes (including PPS), instant payout, no invalid blocks !
ICBIT Trading platform : USD/BTC futures trading, Bitcoin difficulty futures (NEW!). Third year in bitcoin business.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  

Jump to: