Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 09:54:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Police Force Quits After Black Woman Elected Mayor  (Read 1079 times)
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 05:16:50 PM

Employees of one small Missouri town had an extreme reaction when residents elected their first Black female mayor: 80% of the police department quit, along with the city clerk and two other staffers.

Tyrus Byrd, a former Parma, MO city council member, was sworn into office as mayor last week, but she will have to deal with a police force with only one person. Five of the town's six police officers submitted letters of resignation last week, citing only "safety concerns," according to news station KFVS.

No one knows yet exactly what "safety concerns" would make a town's public safety officers quit en masse, but Byrd has said she is still determined to clean up the city. To make the mass resignations even more suspicious, KFVS also reported that when Byrd started her first day, the officers' resignation letters could not be found, and that computers had been wiped clean.

Byrd won a close election against longtime Mayor Randall Ramsey, who held the office for 37 years. The population of Parma is slightly more than 700 people, and Byrd won by less than 40 votes. The city attorney, clerk, and waste water treatment supervisor also resigned with the police officers.

http://www.refinery29.com/2015/04/85950/police-department-quits-after-town-elects-black-woman-mayor
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 05:50:08 PM

More than two-third of the population of Parma is non-Hispanic white. So Tyrus Byrd wouldn't have won without significant white support. And the total population is just 700 or so... the population is declining at a rate of 2% to 3% per year. Strange place.  Angry
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 1373

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 06:15:11 PM

Good job, dont hand them over your governments, they will turn your country into Africa

Lagos, a city in Nigeria, has around 20,000,000 population. They are reasonably happy people... not to say that they are without their problems.

Do you like the police state? At least we know how to get rid of the cops, now. The problem with Obama is that he isn't black enough. How black is Hillary?

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
coric

Activity: 169
Merit: 10

ExToke - Fee Free Trading

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 06:37:04 PM

Elect a black woman, and the homocidal racist thugs in police uniform quit. Seems like a good solution to your problems in the USA. So all you republicans here, get Rice out of retirement...

▬▬ι═══════-  ♦ EXTOKE  -═══════ι▬▬
●▬●▬●▬●▬ FEE FREE DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE! ▬●▬●▬●▬●
[{Website}{Token Sale}{White Paper}{Platform}{Twitter}{Facebook}
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2015, 07:00:16 PM

Disgusting to know that even today racism exists  Angry And quoting "safety concerns"? Wow!

Glad that those police officials resigned and may be better residents can get an employment opportunity.

saddampbuh
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1014

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 07:08:01 PM

Be radical, have principles, be absolute, be that which the bourgeoisie calls an extremist: give yourself without counting or calculating, don't accept what they call ‘the reality of life' and act in such a way that you won't be accepted by that kind of ‘life', never abandon the principle of struggle.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 07:26:57 PM

Any cop who quits because the mayor is a black woman should have never been given a badge.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 07:27:30 PM

That 80% of the police forces only make 5 people, so let's not make wild conclusions. Maybe they were sexists, since the previous mayor was a guy. What I find strange though, is that police forces are not the mayor' servants, they could have lived together. Anyway, that's a huge opportunity for the guy who stayed. Being the only one with experience, he'll be the leader when new people are hired.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
EternalWingsofGod

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 10:52:25 PM

That is a strange piece of news
For a population of 700 it's easy enough to know every other person in the town
So in my opinion safety concerns is a bullshit excuse to leave the force, or they were corrupt and didn't want the evidence unveiled.
(Or the mayor is evil but that would be a twist lol)

pattu1

Activity: 675
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 01:31:58 AM

Police force getting politicized is a bad idea. Thankfully, it is only a small town.
So what happens when the next mayor comes in? You will have the existing cops resigning because a white mayor has been elected?
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 02:06:35 AM

I have lived in Missouri before and can say it's not all like this.   This sounds like a very sad/wrong situation.

I find it interesting previous Mayor "held the office for 37 years".   Almost 40 years as Mayor is pratically a dictator ship.  I've never had a Mayor near this long that I know of.
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 02:17:01 AM

What this makes me think of is many of the elder black folks viewing this article or those there in this town, are reminiscing of how things were back in the south in the 50s and 60s in terms of how they could be treated. Not saying these cops can't get other policing gigs if they move elsewhere but leaving a cush policing job of a town of less than a thousand is just unreal. Are their 'safety concerns' somehow linked to their neighbor state of Missouri and Ferguson in some strange way?
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2015, 02:54:54 AM

You can't quit, you're fired!

I find it interesting previous Mayor "held the office for 37 years".   Almost 40 years as Mayor is pratically a dictator ship.  I've never had a Mayor near this long that I know of.

La Mesa, CA Mayor Art Madrid made it 24 years. He was a douchebag who jumped on our family for PR when my brother was the victim of street racers in his city. He just got unseated, yay.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
bitkilo
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1010

https://www.bitcoin.com/

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2015, 04:08:17 AM

Let them walk, anyone with an attatude like that should never be a cop in the first place.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 04:23:22 AM

Good job, dont hand them over your governments, they will turn your country into Africa

Lagos, a city in Nigeria, has around 20,000,000 population. They are reasonably happy people... not to say that they are without their problems.

Why bring Lagos in to the equation here? Lagos is the hell on earth. A huge part of the population lives on overcrowded and filthy slums, lacking the most basic amenities. And this same city is being regarded as a role model by you?
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 04:27:23 AM

Why bring Lagos in to the equation here? Lagos is the hell on earth. A huge part of the population lives on overcrowded and filthy slums, lacking the most basic amenities. And this same city is being regarded as a role model by you?
That's a ringing sound of life way over there in Africa and I don't know much more about it. Enlighten us plz.
Salomon12

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 12:09:11 PM

When I read 80% I was thinking a larger number; not 4 out of 5 people  Shocked

But still thats such a upside down city/town whatever you want to call it. How could a mayor last 37 years? Shouldn't this guy have already retired? I would think most mayors last 10 years at most before they settle down and move onto something else.
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 12:54:08 PM

Anyone knows her program? Is there anything what can have an impact on the police force? Maybe the officers choose to quit because of they didn't liked something in her plans and not because of they are racists. We know nothing about their real motives.
neoneros

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

I can draw your avatar!

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2015, 01:08:21 PM

Anyone knows her program? Is there anything what can have an impact on the police force? Maybe the officers choose to quit because of they didn't liked something in her plans and not because of they are racists. We know nothing about their real motives.

No more killing random black people?

spooderman
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2015, 01:44:07 PM

if only obama was a woman, then the entire police state would have had to close down over night when he was elected!

Society doesn't scale.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: