Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:44:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitcoinHop beta  (Read 8355 times)
yesterday (OP)

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 08:47:45 AM

Someone asked for an option to see items which ship to your country. I just made this the default setting. So now by default (when logged in), you will only see items being sold in your country and items which are shipped worldwide to your country. There will also be a button to see all items from all countries.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wmac

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 08:07:13 PM

hi yesterday,

now that one of my auctions has a bid, i can say i love the site! I would like to request the addition of modern console video games (eg, add Playstation 3, Xbox 360, Wii, etc.) to the Gaming category.

It would also be useful to have a category for gift cards.

I tried to send these requests in through the site, but when I go to the "Contact us" page I can't send a message. All I see are the "Message" box and the box to enter the code in. When I press Send Message I get this error:

The operation could not be performed because one or more error(s) occurred.

Please resubmit the form after making the following changes:

The "Email Address" field cannot be empty
The "Email Address" field must contain a valid email address

I've tried this with a couple browsers (firefox, ie) and don't see the Email Address field on either of them. I just tried it on my mobile phone too and even there I just see the Message and code box.
yesterday (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 05:39:08 AM

- Contact page fixed

Im going to update the categories once I finish a few other important things
Lugard

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 02:49:34 PM

I love the site... it gives a chance for a fairly new bitcoin user to get involved.  However, I sent an email, and perhaps a bit of policy explanation would help.  If you want to click buy it now, what is the exact process?  Do you give us an address to send it to?  If so how long is there to send it?
yesterday (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 12:42:04 AM

If you click Buy Now, you will be sent an email with a bitcoin address to send the bitcoins to. Once your bitcoins are confirmed, the seller is automatically notified by email to ship your item.
eodchop

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

Use Linux!

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 02:33:51 AM
Last edit: June 11, 2011, 02:44:50 AM by eodchop

BitcoinHop

Features:
-Clean layout
-Buyer protection
-Free auction listings

Core features like Categories and Search will be implemented once the site expands to 100+ active items at a time.

Check it out and sell something!!
http://bitcoinhop.com/index.php

Feel free to post a link to your auction in this thread.

Congrats on your new site. Just wanted to tell you how awesome it is and I really appreciate seeing innovation like this coming from the community. Thank you!
royalecraig

Activity: 56

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2011, 02:58:52 AM

Have you thought about putting in some Affiliate ads, might earn a few xtra pennies for you.
There are loads of affiliate sites out there.

Also if you use an ad rotator, you can rotate Banners,.

Tradedoubler offer ad rotaion facilities.
Shuffle

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 04:21:01 AM

what happens if the buyer claims the product was broken or the box shipped was empty?
Does the seller not get his money?
yesterday (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 12:34:38 PM

what happens if the buyer claims the product was broken or the box shipped was empty?
This will be handled on a case by case basis. There is no perfect solution.

Have you thought about putting in some Affiliate ads, might earn a few xtra pennies for you.

I might put up ads in the future to help cover costs. Is tradedoubler better than Google Adsense?
Lugard

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 09:25:39 PM
Last edit: June 11, 2011, 09:49:06 PM by Lugard

NM it appears to have fixed Smiley
Findeton

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 09:41:34 AM

It's a pitty there's not "wanted" section.

Bitcoin Weekly, bitcoin analysis and commentary

14DD7MhRXuw3KDuyUuXvAsRcK4KXTT36XA
Btcworld24.com

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2011, 10:47:43 AM

This will be handled on a case by case basis. There is no perfect solution.

I might put up ads in the future to help cover costs. Is tradedoubler better than Google Adsense?

google adsense is better Wink

yesterday (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 08:46:08 AM
Last edit: June 13, 2011, 09:43:18 AM by yesterday

It's a pitty there's not "wanted" section.
This is still coming soon.

Right now Im working on a few other things like a FAQ.
yesterday (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 01:58:50 PM

A "Wanted" section will be added this Friday. Ebay Feedback integration for sellers (and buyers) will be added Saturday or Sunday.
Threshold

Activity: 88

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2011, 02:34:35 PM

I have mixed feelings about the auction house.  I'd love for it to work, but right now there are just too few eyes seeing what's for sale -- so some items that would sell easily on eBay won't get a bid at bitcoinhop.

Another problem is the instability of the value of a bitcoin.  It's hard to put down a price knowing that the amount I'll receive in USD could be greater than or less than the value of the item I am selling.

Earn free bitcoins at:  http://www.freebitcoins.org/4296
fadisaaida

Activity: 105

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 02:43:19 PM

I have mixed feelings about the auction house.  I'd love for it to work, but right now there are just too few eyes seeing what's for sale -- so some items that would sell easily on eBay won't get a bid at bitcoinhop.

Another problem is the instability of the value of a bitcoin.  It's hard to put down a price knowing that the amount I'll receive in USD could be greater than or less than the value of the item I am selling.

Second problem is my biggest concern right now Smiley for example right now im holding the shipment of one product which sold for 1 BTC, problem is i have to wait tell mtgox open again and see effects so i can a little safer.

another point is that your site hold the coins another few days which prevent me for example on getting a less risky estimate of the value.

The votality of the bitcoins value realy demotivates me Sad

Lisk.
    Develop Decentralized Applications & Sidechains in JavaScript with Lisk!
    Website | Blog | BTT Thread | Chat - Be part of the decentralized application movement!
yesterday (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 03:19:03 PM

If you have rare or unique items, it would probably be better to sell on ebay. But if you have computers or electronics then you will get a lot of bids.

That's because bitcoin is very new. Within a year or two, the value of 1 bitcoin will probably be more stable.

another point is that your site hold the coins another few days which prevent me for example on getting a less risky estimate of the value.
This is to prevent fraud. But once you sell a certain amount of items successfully, you can become a trusted seller and receive bitcoins right after the buyer pays.
fadisaaida

Activity: 105

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 03:22:53 PM

i know that this is a feature and probably is a good feature also Smiley, i was just saying that with the value of the bitcoin keep changing on such a fast pace, it make it even harder to make decisions Smiley.

Lisk.
    Develop Decentralized Applications & Sidechains in JavaScript with Lisk!
    Website | Blog | BTT Thread | Chat - Be part of the decentralized application movement!
Threshold

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2011, 03:26:52 PM

I think in the future if I post additional auctions at the site, I'll only post them with Saturday/Sunday ending dates -- for the psychological advantage of a low exchange rate.

For example, if the Friday rate is $25/coin and the Sunday rate is $15/coin the buyer may be willing to spend more coins on Sunday -- thinking that they're not spending as much because of the exchange rate difference.

I am hoping that people are honest with receiving their winnings.  I sell cards for the collectible card game Magic the Gathering...  I just use a regular first-class envelope -- it would cost several times more in shipping to get a tracking number.

At least with international orders I'd have the customs form stamped from the post office as evidence that the item was sent...

Threshold

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2011, 03:28:52 PM

I agree that this is a nuisance from our side as sellers...  ...but I find it reasonable because as a buyer it helps assure them that they will get their money back if an auction isn't delivered.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: