Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:14:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: FlossinRod tried to buy trust and censors their threads  (Read 987 times)
shorena (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1480

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2015, 07:22:15 PM

What happened: The user FlossinRod (BCT ID 429385) tried to bribe me into removing a trust rating. The user got a negative rating from me because they asked for a loan on their first post. I am perfectly fine with removing these ratings once a certain time has passed since Newbies often do not read up on this board before doing so. FlossinRod contacted me today and ask whether I could remove the rating. I checked their history and saw that they actually did quite well for a while. Until they ask for a 0.75 BTC loan for medications. No collateral. Combined with the fact that they tried to pay me to remove the rating, I decided not to remove the rating and ask them instead how they had changed. They answered "I received a very big check from the government" which makes no sense considering they ask for a big loan at the same time. I decided to post the answer publicly in their thread. I just now got a PM stating that my post was delete, thus I post this here now.

Scammers Profile Link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=429385

Reference Link: Post and thread was delete, see quoted message below.
Additional Notes: All relevant posts are linked below, but might have been deleted. If anyone insists I can report the PM to staff in order to make sure its has not been tempered with.

Quote from: Bitcoin Forum
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic. There are no rules of self-moderation, so this deletion cannot be appealed. Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic-starter has requested that you leave.

You can create a new topic if you are unsatisfied with this one. If the topic-starter is scamming, post about it in Scam Accusations.

I will just leave this here:

Could you please remove the bad trust from my trust?

I learned my lesson from the bad reviews. I've changed, and i won't do it again, I was new and in need.

If you could consider this I'd be happy to spare some btc to you. $3 worth?

It's hard to do business on this site with bad trust, and i don't want to make a new account so please?

Hi,

you asked for a loan w/o collateral early february -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=942773.msg10329452#msg10329452
this happens and is understandable. Newbies dont allways know the rules.

You asked again a few days later
-> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=926825.msg10361006#msg10361006
-> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=946550.msg10364556#msg10364556

A little later you got scammed, because you tried to buy BTC w/ PP.
-> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=946793.msg10367954#msg10367954
You most likely still have the money, because you can just reverse the PP payment.

You tried to sell your/a phone, but did not go through with it even though you had
someone willing to do escrow.
-> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=946902.0
-> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=946902.msg10699722#msg10699722

You did a PP/BTC deal with success, good.
-> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=824845.msg10379067#msg10379067

You repaid a loan, good.
-> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=946550.msg10379266#msg10379266

You asked for another loan w/o success
-> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=949380.msg10395601#msg10395601

Tried another PP deal w/o success
-> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=949419.msg10396040#msg10396040

More PP/BTC, you catched the attempt of someone trying to scam you, very good.
-> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=949879.msg10398310#msg10398310

several more small loan requests.

all would have been fine in my book, but the .75 BTC loan w/o collateral?
-> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1034094.0

How exactly did you change?
Besides that you are offering me a bribe to remove your trust rating. I think thats a new one.

-Sho

You are right 100% on all the things you said. I did ask for loans without collateral but that is because i don't have much to give. Every successful loan i did receive i paid back. I did get scammed on Paypal but couldn't receive the funds because he entered a fake tracking number.  But yesterday I received a very big check from the government. And I plan on helping people who was struggling as i was. that's why i offered you $3 because i actually can waste money like that now that i can recover from the lost.

I do understand if you don't want to remove the trust, I plan on doing future business on the site. And nobody would like to deal with a person with negative rep. I hope you understand.

-Roderick

Im not really here, its just your imagination.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FlossinRod

Activity: 170
Merit: 100

Just doing me.

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 07:35:57 PM

Makes no sense saying i scammed,

I never received money from no one. At the dire time of me needing a .75 loan for bills etc.. Only person who sent me money was "ndnhc" he did it out of good faith. He sent me .09 which was very useful for me buying Valtrex. Yesterday i received a check for my disability which came in handy enough for me to pay off my loan, and move on in life. I didn't try to bribe you, i just did it out of good faith/heart. I can see you have hatred towards me which is very pitiful.

..But i'll tell you one thing, I am not a scammer.
shorena (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2015, 08:15:13 PM

I agree, yet you left me no choice as a discussion in your thread is apparently not an option for you. The only fitting section is scam accusations. I used the typical format for this section, but I dont think you actually scammed someone, yet. You show all the signs of a scammer though.

I never received money from no one. At the dire time of me needing a .75 loan for bills etc..

You either are in dire need of money or you "received a very big check from the government". Both makes no sense.

Only person who sent me money was "ndnhc" he did it out of good faith. He sent me .09 which was very useful for me buying Valtrex. Yesterday i received a check for my disability which came in handy enough for me to pay off my loan, and move on in life. I didn't try to bribe you, i just did it out of good faith/heart. I can see you have hatred towards me which is very pitiful.

I dont hate you. I dont actually have any strong feelings toward you. Consider this a summarized warning for the community. As you have noticed in the past there are many people here that are easily manipulated by red numbers. Everyone else will at least skim through this thread to understand the rating and my motivation behind it.

FlossinRod

Just doing me.

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 08:22:32 PM

I agree, yet you left me no choice as a discussion in your thread is apparently not an option for you. The only fitting section is scam accusations. I used the typical format for this section, but I dont think you actually scammed someone, yet. You show all the signs of a scammer though.

I never received money from no one. At the dire time of me needing a .75 loan for bills etc..

You either are in dire need of money or you "received a very big check from the government". Both makes no sense.

Only person who sent me money was "ndnhc" he did it out of good faith. He sent me .09 which was very useful for me buying Valtrex. Yesterday i received a check for my disability which came in handy enough for me to pay off my loan, and move on in life. I didn't try to bribe you, i just did it out of good faith/heart. I can see you have hatred towards me which is very pitiful.

I dont hate you. I dont actually have any strong feelings toward you. Consider this a summarized warning for the community. As you have noticed in the past there are many people here that are easily manipulated by red numbers. Everyone else will at least skim through this thread to understand the rating and my motivation behind it.

What are the signs of a scammer? Yes I ask for loans a lot but it's because I really did need them.

And as I said I "was" in dire need of money, I received my check from the government which helped me out.

And your immaturity does show hatred, you're giving me bad trust, making false accusations (Saying I am a scammer), and made this thread for what? It's a waste of time, memory, and space. I haven't scammed, and i don't plan on scamming.

You've done all this, making a thread and giving me bad trust for what? To Get me banned? To make me look bad? If so you're doing a bad job at it. I see no positive reasoning to have make this thread. ESPECIALLY since it's for scams. I've been so nice and comforting towards you as i asked for a simple task, but i see you don't accept warm welcomes.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 08:36:16 PM

I received a similar PM. I told him that his entire post history consisted of scammy behavior and that I did not need his $3 worth of Bitcoin.

I am really not sure why people with negative trust are able to use self moderated threads like that. I believe that in the days of scammer tags anyone with a scammer tag was unable to edit or delete posts (I assume use self moderated threads or lock threads as well). I think anyone that has a trade with caution tag when only looked at by up to level two of default trust that people should have these same restrictions.
ndnh
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1005

New Decentralized Nuclear Hobbit

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 07:32:26 AM

AFAIK, the accused user, Flossinrod is inexperienced with the forum.

Quote from: FlossinRod link=action=profile;u=429385 date=removed
I'll be getting off bitcointalk for awhile due to me getting constantly harassed
[snip]
Thanks
Astargath

Activity: 1624
Merit: 645

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 07:53:04 AM

What are the signs of a scammer? Yes I ask for loans a lot but it's because I really did need them.

And as I said I "was" in dire need of money, I received my check from the government which helped me out.

And your immaturity does show hatred, you're giving me bad trust, making false accusations (Saying I am a scammer), and made this thread for what? It's a waste of time, memory, and space. I haven't scammed, and i don't plan on scamming.

You've done all this, making a thread and giving me bad trust for what? To Get me banned? To make me look bad? If so you're doing a bad job at it. I see no positive reasoning to have make this thread. ESPECIALLY since it's for scams. I've been so nice and comforting towards you as i asked for a simple task, but i see you don't accept warm welcomes.

But when you are about to make a trust rating it says that if you strongly believe someone might be a scammer you can red trust him and in this forum if you ask for money without collateral you will probably get a red trust but if you do it constantly after being told not to you will definitely get a red trust

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
    ▄█████▀▀▀          ▀▀▀█████▄
   ████▀      █████▄▄       ▀████
  ████        ██   ▀██        ████
 ████         ██    ██         ████
▐███▌         ██▄▄▄██▀         ▐███▌
▐███▌         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▐███▌
▐███▌         ████████         ▐███▌
 ████            ██            ████
  ████           ██           ████
   ████▄         ██         ▄████
    ▀█████▄▄▄          ▄▄▄█████▀
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀
........NEWS, UPDATES, & ICO'S........
...FROM ALL THE PROJECTS YOU LOVE...
▄▄█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████▀     ██  ██  ██     ▀██▀     ██      ██     ▀██  ██     ▀██     █████████████
█████████████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████▄    ▀██  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██▄    ▀██  ██████  ▀▀  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██     █████████████
█████████████████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██  ██████  ▄  ▀██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████     ▄██▄    ▄██  ▀▀ ▄██     ▄██      ██  ██  ██  ██  ▀▀ ▄██     █████████████
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
shorena (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2015, 08:25:04 AM

I'll be getting off bitcointalk for awhile due to me getting constantly harassed
[snip]
Thanks

Yes, many things they write speak of little experience and knowledge about this board and how it works or life in general. On the other hand they had plenty time (~2 month) to figure this (the board) out. Not sure why it is so hard to read a few stickies. Instead they keep doing the same thing hoping for a different outcome. Blaming others for one's faults aint gonna change anything.

ndnh
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 09:27:33 AM

[snip]
Thanks

Yes, many things they write speak of little experience and knowledge about this board and how it works or life in general. On the other hand they had plenty time (~2 month) to figure this (the board) out. Not sure why it is so hard to read a few stickies. Instead they keep doing the same thing hoping for a different outcome. Blaming others for one's faults aint gonna change anything.

idk, about that. It is difficult for certain mambers here to figure out how things work. girlbtc.com is also an example. He never had an intention to scam, same here, but still doesn't know how exactly things work here and most importantly he thinks it was okay to hold a player's funds for 7 days if GA was not enabled. Same applies here. Smiley

I have lend him twice, and he had repaid both promptly and on time. He says he has some issues in RL with health, but I don't have any proof of the same.

First loan: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=946550.0 repaid.
Second loan: taken a few days ago and repaid yesterday.

He seems to be asking loans many a times though.. He said, he finds shortage of money because of paying bills towards the end of a period or so.

Lend at your own risk. Preferably with collateral. But he is not a scammer as of now.

Just my opinion. Wink
Thanks

shorena (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2015, 09:49:09 AM

-snip-
Just my opinion. Wink
Thanks

I dont buy the sob stories. Even if they are true, why ask strangers on the internet?

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 03:32:06 PM

[snip]
Thanks
If you are going around giving out loans to people with negative trust then you are going to get yourself scammed. This is a pretty clear case of a confidence scam. This person is building up trust so people are more confident giving out loans to scammers then once you are comfortable giving out the loans they will bombard you with loan requests, none of which will get repaid.
ndnh
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 06:12:31 PM

[snip]
Thanks
If you are going around giving out loans to people with negative trust then you are going to get yourself scammed. This is a pretty clear case of a confidence scam. This person is building up trust so people are more confident giving out loans to scammers then once you are comfortable giving out the loans they will bombard you with loan requests, none of which will get repaid.

lol, I am not an idiot. Tongue

Lend at your own risk. Preferably with collateral. But he is not a scammer as of now.

Thanks for the warning tho. Cheesy
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 06:15:15 PM

[snip]
Thanks

lol, I am not an idiot. Tongue

Thanks for the warning tho. Cheesy
He has negative trust. The only thing (except the hopes of pulling a confidence scam) compelling someone to repay a no collateral loan is the threat/fear of getting negative trust when they scam. If they have negative trust already then they have no reason to repay their loan.
ndnh
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 07:14:28 PM

He has negative trust. The only thing (except the hopes of pulling a confidence scam) compelling someone to repay a no collateral loan is the threat/fear of getting negative trust when they scam. If they have negative trust already then they have no reason to repay their loan.

I don't think fear of getting negative trust will alter the intention and makes the difference from repaying and scamming, especially since it was a Newbie or Jr. member when I lend him first (had a small collateral) and now a Member (without collateral). Wink
FlossinRod

Just doing me.

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 07:41:03 PM

Every since i joined this site, there has been nothing but negativity. I understand there are lots of scammers, but when a guy ask for something on the internet, it means he's hiding something. And that for me is a illness. I can see many people on this site is ignorant to ask why I asked for a loan on this site, first off this site has a loan section for a reason. Also the way that everyone keeps attacking and bullying me like an untrained dog is very unprofessional and is making the site look bad. As everyone is sure I am not used to being on a forum, instead of pushing me away by remarks, you all should try to lead me in the right directions.
-Rod
ndnh
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 07:53:18 PM

Every since i joined this site, there has been nothing but negativity. I understand there are lots of scammers, but when a guy ask for something on the internet, it means he's hiding something. And that for me is a illness. I can see many people on this site is ignorant to ask why I asked for a loan on this site, first off this site has a loan section for a reason. Also the way that everyone keeps attacking and bullying me like an untrained dog is very unprofessional and is making the site look bad. As everyone is sure I am not used to being on a forum, instead of pushing me away by remarks, you all should try to lead me in the right directions.
-Rod

I know how you feel. Wink

But currently the community is freaked out of scammers. So, they just assume everyone to be scammers. Don't worry about that, lol. Smiley
It is honestly impossible to know a fake case from a genuine one.

Cheers and Good luck Smiley
ndnhc

Edit: Try to avoid getting loans from here, as far as possible. The interest rate is too high, and no collateral loans are attacked. I have been scammed too. So, I would suggest not associating with anything related to lending around here.
shorena (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2015, 08:38:39 PM

Every since i joined this site, there has been nothing but negativity. I understand there are lots of scammers, but when a guy ask for something on the internet, it means he's hiding something. And that for me is a illness. I can see many people on this site is ignorant to ask why I asked for a loan on this site, first off this site has a loan section for a reason.

Personal reasons are bad advice when making business decisions, thus your illness serves no purpose but to make the other party feel something. This is a common scammer tactic to make someone accept a deal they would not if the would only follow the facts. The facts are you are asking for money and can not offer security. Thats a high risk deal. Why you need the loan is not important, it does not change the risk involved.

Also the way that everyone keeps attacking and bullying me like an untrained dog is very unprofessional and is making the site look bad. As everyone is sure I am not used to being on a forum, instead of pushing me away by remarks, you all should try to lead me in the right directions.
-Rod

Get accustomed to the board and how it works. No one here will take you by the hand and explain everything. You can ask and might get proper advice. You might also get bad advice. Its up to you to understand the difference. You have expierenced first hand that every deal here could go bad. While we have magical internet money here, this place is no different than the streets in your city.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: