Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What's your favorite? [ XEM or NXT ]
XEM - 84 (45.4%)
NXT - 101 (54.6%)
Total Voters: 185

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What's your favorite? [ XEM or NXT ]  (Read 5187 times)
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2015, 04:53:08 AM

Change title of thread to "what bag are you holding?" maybe better?

I like them both.  I think NXT has better tech (actually the best feature set of any crypto anywhere) but NEM is much better positioned for the long run. 

But to answer the question asked by Pecunia, NXT use to be worth at its all time high over 100 million USD and is now down to 9.3 million USD. 

NEM for the most part has only made money for most investors.  Even those that bought high at launch or at high prices on the AE if they had other NEM from the initial offering are probably still up on the whole.  Actually NEM has very very few bag holders and is still basically at its bottom, much like NXT was too when it was only three weeks old and a million NXT could be had for a single btc.   

jabo38
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2015, 04:55:08 AM

Fixed.  Addresses are not people.  NEM's stakeholders were verified by device-browser fingerprint, bith IP analysis and taint analysis.  NXT's addresses were verified by no one and they even cut their IPO short of the 250 address goal.  NXT is clearly the master of sockpuppets and we see daily evidence like people such as 2kool4skewl who are known to have several pseudonyms on Bitcointalk where he trashes coins like Litecoin, Bitshares, et cetera.

Anyway this is a thread about XEM coin and NXT coin, not the platforms, and this might as well be comparing cable internet with dial up.  NXT blockchain is slow as heck and takes hours to load, multiple security incidents and Proof of Stake is a waste of time unless you buy millions of NXT.  Everything I just said about NXT, but in the reverse, is the opposite of XEM - XEM is very fast, loads quick, best security for a coin and PoI can be harvested with as little as 10,000 XEM.

Good to see you Utopian!  Actually BCNext did verify all investors prior to releasing Nxt.

You are such a lying shit bag.  BCnext was a known sock puppet.  He got over half the NXT for himself.  There were like 70 accounts, but most of those are BCnext and if you trace the chain you can see how they tie together.  

I’d like to announce Nxt (pronounced as "next"), a cryptocurrency based on Bitcoin paradigm.

P.S.  I’m a veteran member of this forum.  I have to use this brand new account to remain anonymous but later I may reveal my identity.

We all know that coins started with newbie sockpuppet master accounts are scams.  

Okay......

Per the debate about distribution that everybody is having.  Here are the hard facts.  The real hard facts. 

74% of NXT is all held by 143 accounts (not far off from the original 70 that originally had 100%)  Or in other words 0.13% of NXT accounts own 74% of all NXT.  https://nxtblocks.info/#section/blockexplorer_distribution

74% of NEM is held by only 100 accounts, which looks worse until you release that almost 2/3 of that 74%, (e.i., half of all XEM) is money being held not by individuals but by funds held in multisig accounts set aside for massive development and ecosystem projects. http://blockexplore.in/search/richlist/  And when you exclude those special funds to fuel projects, what is left is one of the most amazing distributions of any crypto.  http://blockexplore.in/graphs/bubble-chart-no-dev/

Eadeqa

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 05:19:23 AM

74% of NEM is held by only 100 accounts, which looks worse until you release that almost 2/3 of that 74%, (e.i., half of all XEM) is money being held not by individuals but by funds held in multisig accounts set aside for massive development and ecosystem projects. http://blockexplore.in/search/richlist/  And when you exclude those special funds to fuel projects, what is left is one of the most amazing distributions of any crypto.  http://blockexplore.in/graphs/bubble-chart-no-dev/

Why would we exclude those  74%? They are included in the  market-cap. What that means is that price is going to get even lower as more and more of those 74% are sold, given away, released, etc.

You also keep ignoring that there are dozens of PoW and PoS coins (example,  Mintcoin, Crypti, node, etc)  that have same and even better distribution, but they are failing as there is no interest. Fair distribution is absolutely no guarantee of success. In fact, if you go by recent stats, coins launched by that "fair distribution" slogan (look for example NFD, or Auroracoin that had thousands of times bigger distribution than Nem)  are already dead.

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
H.W.Z

Activity: 574

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 05:22:11 AM

The way of distribution can't decide the fate of any altcoin. The most important part is its feature and the dev team.NXT has more potential, which has a great dev team!

jabo38
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2015, 05:39:18 AM

The way of distribution can't decide the fate of any altcoin. The most important part is its feature and the dev team.NXT has more potential, which has a great dev team!

Actually distribution is directly correlated across alt coins and all economic systems.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x23C1sQg6wQ

BTW, JL and Kushti at NXT are great devs, I agree with you on that for sure.  They both work extremely hard and are quite talented. 

Eadeqa

Activity: 644

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 05:59:11 AM

Actually distribution is directly correlated across alt coins and all economic systems.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x23C1sQg6wQ

They should have looked at counter examples. I already mentioned many. Node, Crypti, NFD, mintcoin, aroracoin. All of them had a better distribution but yet no marketcap. 

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042

White Male Libertarian Bro

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 06:22:43 AM

Fixed.  Addresses are not people.  NEM's stakeholders were verified by device-browser fingerprint, bith IP analysis and taint analysis.  NXT's addresses were verified by no one and they even cut their IPO short of the 250 address goal.  NXT is clearly the master of sockpuppets and we see daily evidence like people such as 2kool4skewl who are known to have several pseudonyms on Bitcointalk where he trashes coins like Litecoin, Bitshares, et cetera.

Anyway this is a thread about XEM coin and NXT coin, not the platforms, and this might as well be comparing cable internet with dial up.  NXT blockchain is slow as heck and takes hours to load, multiple security incidents and Proof of Stake is a waste of time unless you buy millions of NXT.  Everything I just said about NXT, but in the reverse, is the opposite of XEM - XEM is very fast, loads quick, best security for a coin and PoI can be harvested with as little as 10,000 XEM.

Good to see you Utopian!  Actually BCNext did verify all investors prior to releasing Nxt.

You are such a lying shit bag.  BCnext was a known sock puppet.  He got over half the NXT for himself.  There were like 70 accounts, but most of those are BCnext and if you trace the chain you can see how they tie together.  

I’d like to announce Nxt (pronounced as "next"), a cryptocurrency based on Bitcoin paradigm.

P.S.  I’m a veteran member of this forum.  I have to use this brand new account to remain anonymous but later I may reveal my identity.

We all know that coins started with newbie sockpuppet master accounts are scams.  

Only 1 in 10 votes for NEM should be counted because at least 90% of all NEM supporters are UtopianFuture sockpuppet accounts.

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
ApexEvo

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

🌟 æternity🌟 blockchain🌟

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 07:00:14 AM

Next time you could ask. How many peole lost money on NXT and NEM, that would create very different picture. Cheesy Cheesy

Also you could ask how many people got scammed on NXT forum vs NEM forum Cheesy Cheesy that would be even more striking.

Just think about how terrible effects holding NXT has on people, many NXTers seemed to be OK people back in 2013, and now, they are turning into lonely frustrated trolls, like DegenerateEconomics. Just look at his posts, I dont wish anyone such a fate  Cry

▄▄▄▄▄               ▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄        ▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄██▀        ▀██▄    ▄██▀         ▀█▄
██▀            ▀██▄  ▀▀             ██
██               ▀██        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
██                ▀██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
 ██▄          ▄██   ▀██▄          ▄▄▄
  ▀██▄      ▄██▀      ▀██▄▄     ▄██▀
    ▀▀██████▀▀          ▀▀██████▀▀

Unchained Smart Contracts
Decentralized Oracle
Infinitly Scalable
Blockchain Technology
Turing-Complete
State-Channels

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.TWITTER.
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TELEGRAM

▄██▄
     ▄      ▐████   ▄▄
   █████     ██████████
    █████████████████▀
 ▄████████████▀████▌
██████████     ▀████     
 ▀▀   █████     ██████████
      ▀████▌▄████████████▀
    ▄▄▄███████████████▌
   ██████████▀    ▐████
    ▀▀▀  ████▌     ▀▀▀
         ▀███▀
.SLACK.
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
REDDIT
f
.FACEBOOK.
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
LINKEDIN

freenxt.org

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 07:20:14 AM

Maybe it is not important how many people have the stakes but who those people are and with which aims they control part of the currency?
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042

White Male Libertarian Bro

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 07:26:30 AM

they are turning into lonely frustrated trolls, like DegenerateEconomics. Just look at his posts, I dont wish anyone such a fate  Cry

You liars, cheaters and thieves are the degenerates.

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
badsniper

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 10:29:31 AM

on me im more know nxt than xem , xem had showed down price again and again.
ApexEvo

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

🌟 æternity🌟 blockchain🌟

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 12:07:16 PM

they are turning into lonely frustrated trolls, like DegenerateEconomics. Just look at his posts, I dont wish anyone such a fate  Cry

You liars, cheaters and thieves are the degenerates.

Hey man, when you will call us that, the hundredth and first time, it will actually become truth, really, it works that way.  Cheesy Cheesy Kiss

▄▄▄▄▄               ▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄        ▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄██▀        ▀██▄    ▄██▀         ▀█▄
██▀            ▀██▄  ▀▀             ██
██               ▀██        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
██                ▀██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
 ██▄          ▄██   ▀██▄          ▄▄▄
  ▀██▄      ▄██▀      ▀██▄▄     ▄██▀
    ▀▀██████▀▀          ▀▀██████▀▀

Unchained Smart Contracts
Decentralized Oracle
Infinitly Scalable
Blockchain Technology
Turing-Complete
State-Channels

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.TWITTER.
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TELEGRAM

▄██▄
     ▄      ▐████   ▄▄
   █████     ██████████
    █████████████████▀
 ▄████████████▀████▌
██████████     ▀████     
 ▀▀   █████     ██████████
      ▀████▌▄████████████▀
    ▄▄▄███████████████▌
   ██████████▀    ▐████
    ▀▀▀  ████▌     ▀▀▀
         ▀███▀
.SLACK.
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
REDDIT
f
.FACEBOOK.
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
LINKEDIN

Djentriser

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

🌟 æternity🌟 blockchain🌟

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 12:29:32 PM

Well, I own both, but yesterday I downloaded NXT client, and Im still downloading the blockchain... Average person wouldnt care. People who spend 2 hours a day on computer would have to download it for week.  Huh

Daedelus

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 12:31:25 PM
Last edit: April 23, 2015, 12:47:17 PM by Daedelus

Well, I own both, but yesterday I downloaded NXT client, and Im still downloading the blockchain... Average person wouldnt care. People who spend 2 hours a day on computer would have to download it for week.  Huh

Average person would use one of the webwallets > no blockchain to download, just username/password login

E.G. https://wallet.mynxt.info/ (is available in Apple and Android flavors of App for your smartphone too)
HCLivess
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2015, 12:49:04 PM

so NEM is a NXT fork by some novices with no new features? Looks like a reson to hype.

Daedelus

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 01:00:22 PM

so NEM is a NXT fork by some novices with no new features? Looks like a reson to hype.

NEM isn't a fork of Nxt. It was planned to be at one time but the devs changed their minds.
zanzibar

Activity: 715

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 04:19:56 PM

I think this poll shows why "fair distribution" is for speculators only.  NEM should have a thousand votes, but it doesn't.  When you give away crypto, you don't attract people who are interested in the technology, you only attract people who are interested in making $.  Nxt had to find it's own core team, it had to rely on it's own community to continue development.  It attracted people like JL777, nexern, Sergey (SAE), etc..  NEM has it's own core team from day one (which is great and highly accomplished) but it also creates a very passive community when it comes to tech involvement.  It creates a bunch of bag holders who don't have a sense of urgency to keep their crypto afloat, or doing things for the love of tech, because they will rely on NEM dev team and funds to get things done.  Many will disagree with me, but this is my opinion of crypto in general.  I hold more NEM than I do Nxt (% wise) and I think NEM has the chance to be successful (in terms of marketcap), but it will take much longer due to distribution.
3x2
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 04:20:32 PM

Why you have to post when you dont know nothing about NEM?
Djentriser

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

🌟 æternity🌟 blockchain🌟

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 04:55:44 PM

I think this poll shows why "fair distribution" is for speculators only.  NEM should have a thousand votes, but it doesn't.  When you give away crypto, you don't attract people who are interested in the technology, you only attract people who are interested in making $.  Nxt had to find it's own core team, it had to rely on it's own community to continue development.  It attracted people like JL777, nexern, Sergey (SAE), etc..  NEM has it's own core team from day one (which is great and highly accomplished) but it also creates a very passive community when it comes to tech involvement.  It creates a bunch of bag holders who don't have a sense of urgency to keep their crypto afloat, or doing things for the love of tech, because they will rely on NEM dev team and funds to get things done.  Many will disagree with me, but this is my opinion of crypto in general.  I hold more NEM than I do Nxt (% wise) and I think NEM has the chance to be successful (in terms of marketcap), but it will take much longer due to distribution.

Most important thing when comparing performance of two similar things is context. Please understand that if NEM would be launched in November 2013 it would be HUGE, if NXT would be launched before three weeks it would be NAS. NXT would not do better than NEM or QORA or NODE or other 2.0 platforms.

NXT is bigger for the same reason Litecoin is bigger than all sha coins. Also I dont know how many great devs were working for NXT in first month, but Im sure there wasnt much more interesting cryptos at that time. Situation for NEM is much harder, much more competition, much bigger market saturation, crypto depression, Bitcoin with no hype and 2.0 cryptos were performing terribly. Things had changed.

And I do remember hype around NXT, when everyone believed that after release of AE one NXT will be 50 cents. Just go on Dgex forum and have a good laugh, all people that were buying into NXT in 2013 believed that in 2015 it will be 1 NXT = 10 dollars.

Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 04:59:15 PM

The whole "fair distribution" theme is a red herring...
If all wealth in the world was fairly distributed... we would all be freezing in the dark....
The world naturally aligns itself in the 80-20 Pareto distribution to give leaders incentive.

The biggest problem with decentralized platforms is lack of coherent leadership (see NXT)...
Democratic voting by semi-informed people... and decision-by-committee leads to paralysis and timid baby steps...
You end up selling NXT t-shirts instead of becoming the next Pirate Bay or Tor Project.

Humans are not an ant colony... different species, baby.

NXT is worth $10,000,000... but does not have a single full-time marketing professional...
So the jury is still out on NXT and similar platforms...
More centralized platforms (Ripple, Etherium, 100 venture funded projects) will probably leave it in the dust.

Apple, Google, Amazon, Facebook, Microsoft, Telsa, Virgin, etc... it's 99% leadership... you can name them.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: