Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:27:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Litcoin at $1.42  (Read 1642 times)
shanem
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 02:55:58 PM

The problem with Litecoin is there are too many coins out there.
It is not worth more than $1 when you can choose many new altcoins with better features than Litecoin.

█           
           ██           
          ██████         
         ████████         
        ██████████       
       ████████████       
      ██████████████     
     ████████████████     
    ██████████████████   
   ████████████████████   
  ██████████▀▀██████████ 
 ███▀▄████▀    ▀████▄▀███
██▀ ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄ ▀██

░▄███████████▄░░░▄███████████▄░░▄███▄░░░░░░▄███▄░░▄██████████▄░░░████████████████░░░░██████████░░░░███████████████░░█████████████████
█████░░░░░░░███░████▀░░░░░▀████░█████▄░░░░▄█████░███▀░░░░░░▀███░███░░░░████░░░███░░███░░░░░░░░██░░███░░░░░░░░░░░███░███████░░░░██████
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████░▀█████▄░░▄█████▀░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░████░░███░░░███░░░██░░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░████░░▀█████░░█████▀░░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░███░░░███░░░███░░████░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░█████░░░▀████▄▄████▀░░░███▄░░░░░░▄███░███░░░░███░░███░░░░██░░░████░░███░███░░░░░░░░░░███▀░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░▀████████▀░░░░████████████▀░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░████░░░██░███░░░█████████░░░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████▄░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░███░░░███░░██░░░░░░░░░░░██░███░░░░░░░░░░███▄░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░███░██░░░░████░░░░█░███░░░█████▄░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
███████████████░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░░██░██░░░██████░░░█░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
░▀███████████▀░░░███░░░░░░░████░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░████████████████░███████████████░░███████████████░░░░░░█████████░░░░
|
▂▃▅ Quick buy and sell bitcoins online. Fast and secure ▅▃▂
Facebook】【Twitter】【Telegram】【Medium】【Instagram
|
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 03:23:17 PM

It is not worth more than $1 when you can choose many new altcoins with better features than Litecoin.

well ltc is better then btc and btc is 200 odd USD

agree that ltc promotion needs a kick in the pants, but you don't have to leave it upto LA etc, any holder, miner, fan is free to promote Wink

problem with all crypto communites, every holders bitches about their crypto struggling but 99% expect someone else to do something about it.
kenscho

Activity: 234
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 05:32:13 PM

i think litecoin wil rise again up!
its not a fault to hold some coins...
what you do when it rise up to 100 dollars and u have 100 coins?
You WON!
TheMage

Activity: 812

Litecoin Association Director

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 03:30:29 AM

Funny you mention that, Litecoin does not have the same blockchain size problem as bitcoin does.

I'm not anti-LTC or thinking it's going to die, but this isn't really telling the whole truth. If litecoin had been around as long as bitcoin, and had the same number of transactions, then it would have an even larger blockchain, because it would have 4x as many blocks with the same number of total transactions. It also doesn't address the block size limit that has recently become an issue for bitcoin, because even though the blocks come four times as fast, I believe the block size limit is twice as small, so in theory litecoin can only accept 2x as many transactions per second/minute/day/etc. If litecoin were to go ahead and before bitcoin and implement some kind of dynamic block size limit (a la cryptonotes/monero), then that would be a feature that would actually distinguish LTC from BTC, but at the moment I don't think smaller blockchain size because of shorter lifetime and less transactions is really a distinguishing feature worth pointing out.

I'm sorry I should have elaborated or picked more correct words. I mean that we do not have the block size issue that Bitcoin does from my understanding. The blockchain size as I incorrectly worded isnt that much of an issue considering that there are things like Electrum out there.

Litecoin will die because nothing is being done to promote it to the general public

I mean look at this website

https://litecoin.org

It stills says copyright 2014, its cold and sterile, the average person wouldn't give more than a 2 second look at it.

Compare it to ubuntu.com which manages to wrap a open source OS into something more friendly and inviting, i.e less "nerdlike". 

Litecoin.org is owned and controlled by the developers, where Litecoin.com is owned and controlled by the LA (recently launched). Perhaps you should check it out Smiley.

I'm not anti-alt by any means what so ever, but you are talking about the difference between real world acceptance and day traders playing pump and dump all day long with coins who are the ones using these "features" to pump prices. Here is a hint for you and others, being 3+ years established is worth far more than "features". Litecoin is still the second most accepted crypto behind Bitcoin. Dogecoin being the third and I believe DASH is the fourth in terms of merchant adoption.

well ltc is better then btc and btc is 200 odd USD

agree that ltc promotion needs a kick in the pants, but you don't have to leave it upto LA etc, any holder, miner, fan is free to promote Wink

problem with all crypto communites, every holders bitches about their crypto struggling but 99% expect someone else to do something about it.

Yes please, I need the help and a break! lol Smiley

Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/TheRealMage for Litecoin and Litecoin Association news!
mindtrip
Legendary

Activity: 1167
Merit: 1009

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2015, 03:51:46 AM

what do you guys say?

It's pretty damn boring.

Have you guys missed this one?
https://litecoin.com/
Mehek (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 06:38:43 AM

litcoins are getting boring day by day...I am now sitting on my ass just watching the price of bitcoin and litcoins...dam for god sake plese rise up u too
jacktheking
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Personal Text Space Not For Sale

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 09:07:15 AM

Litecoin is a very powerful coin. Used by many. I am surprised to see that the price is so low. I might be buying some when the price get lower..

So sad! This profile does not appear as the #1 result (on anonymous) Google searches anymore.

Time to be active on the crypto forums again? Proud to be one of the few Legendary members of the Sparkie Red Dot!

Gonna put this on my resume if I ever join a cryptocurrency/blockchain industry!
Slunt

Activity: 59
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 11:10:29 AM

I think the only reason it had value was because people saw it as the second best to bitcoin so for those who couldn't afford to shell out money for bitcoin went and bought litecoin instead because they though they'd be able to make it rich off it but that wasn't the case (though bitcoin isn't doing great at the mo but obviously much better than ltc.
Joe_Bauers

Activity: 802
Merit: 1003

GCVMMWH

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 03:45:39 PM

The problem with this thread is thinking about Litecoin in terms of a $ value rather than a % of Bitcoin. When the buying power of Bitcoin is 1000 times higher than it is now, where will Litecoin be?

OR, in the spirit of this thread, what was the dollar value of Litecoin when Bitcoin was $1200?
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 03:52:48 PM

The problem with this thread is thinking about Litecoin in terms of a $ value rather than a % of Bitcoin. When the buying power of Bitcoin is 1000 times higher than it is now, where will Litecoin be?

OR, in the spirit of this thread, what was the dollar value of Litecoin when Bitcoin was $1200?

Im basically not rulling out BTC because:
Their block size is bigger, not much but should handle faster transactions and higher amounts if there is ever a problem with BTC (even tho if it keeps going up it will be the same problem all over again)

The creator is related to Google therefore loaded with money. Could bump the price at any given time to put the coin back on the map.
rdnkjdi
Legendary

Activity: 1256

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 04:09:08 PM

As a poster above noted - the only thing that matters is price in relation to bitcoin.

Litecoins value (IMO) was derived from being the main legitimate backup to bitcoin.

Four things changed on the landscape.

1.  Other alternatives happened perceived to have potential value that neither litecoin or bitcoin have.

. Privacy / anonymous coins.
. 2.0 Smart coins

2.  Alternate backup coins that don't share the bitcoin codebase.  If a backup receives value based on it's unlikelyhood to fail in the event the main fails - and then an alternative backup happens that doesn't share the same codebase.  Many people involved in the space would rather hedge with a project that is completely different codebase.

3.  Dev / community slowed.  Charlie moved to Coinbase / Bitcoin.  Warren is busy with school. 

4.  ASICs happened.  Obviously controversial but there is a fairly large base who despise the centralization it brings to the market.

I lost a lot of money in litecoin thinking ASICs would drive the price up (the money dumped into hardware probably comes close to half the market cap at this point) even though I dislike ASICs on a fundamental level due to it putting the interest of the coin further away from new users.

I have my own opinions on the future of litecoin but it's anyone's guess.  It is one of the few honestish altcoins around and that's worth something.

Merchant adoption for any crypto including bitcoin is laughable.  Adoption is losing ground across the board because so few people use crypto to buy legal stuff.
mindtrip
Legendary

Activity: 1167

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2015, 08:29:06 PM

Truthfully no coin has the market adoption that bitcoin has so to say Litecoin is dead you have to also say every other alt coin is doomed and dead as well Doge developer left, Paycoin Dead on arrival the list goes on and on. Litecoin is the only one with high trading volume on exchanges and I know at least my company accepts Litecoin for payment then again I believe in the long term vision un like some of the others here. I actually think the crash was a good thing is shook all the scammers off the tree. Most hardware manufacturers filed bankruptcy and are gone the network has stabilized at its current difficulty so I think once BTC value starts to recover and the BitLicense is in effect we will see stability and upward movement across the board
badsniper

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 01:02:40 AM

maybe they have to destroy some coin so their coins will be rare and the price will go up  Grin
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: