Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:39:38 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is NXT not the number 2 coin?  (Read 16883 times)
P-Funk

Activity: 360
Merit: 250

Token

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 09:07:45 PM

I dismissed NXT a while ago as just another coin but I finally had reason to install it and I've been very impressed. Kinda like looking through a time machine into the future compared to Bitcoin. Of course Bitcoin has the name recognition and brand, and it's been an immensely successful proof of concept. But there's definitely room for innovation in the market when Bitcoin is pretty set in stone these days.
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042

White Male Libertarian Bro

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 03:20:47 AM

You Bitshares' Brownies are going to get absolutely annihilated by NXT.  Soon, NXT is going to have stable assets implemented via a superior methodology than Bitshares.  When that happens, Bitshares will be completely outdated.  Your end is near.

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
zz11

Activity: 299

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 05:03:02 AM

You Bitshares' Brownies are going to get absolutely annihilated by NXT.  Soon, NXT is going to have stable assets implemented via a superior methodology than Bitshares.  When that happens, Bitshares will be completely outdated.  Your end is near.

Its funny how you two quarrel with each other while both are going down and down. I guess you realize there is limited interest and you both are trying to get that small market.

DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 06:30:11 AM

Its funny how you two quarrel with each other while both are going down and down. I guess you realize there is limited interest and you both are trying to get that small market.

This isn't a struggle for marketcap.  It's an ideological battle for the cryptosphere.  Victory over the traitors!

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
sofu
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1085

Degenerate Crypto Gambler

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 02:02:48 PM

looks like someone is pressing the price down. when price goes again below 3k SAT I will go All In and hold it for 1.6 moonshot release   Grin

NXT is to big to fail

Brangdon

Activity: 365
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 03:32:17 PM

NXT is getting Anon capabilities. Enjoy people!

https://nxtforum.org/general-discussion/coin-shuffling-design-decision/
Anon capabilities is not necessary. it can't help NXT too much.

It's about financial privacy. Not anonymity. It's very much needed.
You see it right, but most of the people are just seeking for "anonimity",they don't understand why it is a good thing

How is Bitcoin less anonymous than NXT?
it isn't.

Yes that's it.. everyone says that NXT is more anonymous but I never knew why :/
Who says that? The first quote in this chain says Nxt is getting it, not that it already has it. Currently Nxt is far less anonymous than Bitcoin, because Nxt is based around reusing accounts. Adding shuffling will help, but it's not a panacea. Privacy will be compromised if you continue reusing accounts, and even if you don't it'll be subject to statistic analysis.

Bitcoin: 1BrangfWu2YGJ8W6xNM7u66K4YNj2mie3t Nxt: NXT-XZQ9-GRW7-7STD-ES4DB
box0214

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 03:55:00 PM

nxt is very transparent at the moment. what is really great about it, is that you have a choice when coinshuffling comes into play.

you can either stay transparent or go totally anonymous..... its up to you.
d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 6572

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 08:50:08 PM

Quote from: DecentralizeEconomics link=topic=1035337.msg11964393#msg11964393
Soon, NXT is going to have stable assets implemented via a superior methodology than Bitshares.  

I would like more information about this (I am a NXt'er, but haven't see this feature in the forum). Do you have a link to the corresponding discussion? As far as I know, the Smart Contract feature hasn't any ETA yet. And "CoinoUSD" and other similar systems are simply IOU's.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 12:03:08 AM

Soon, NXT is going to have stable assets implemented via a superior methodology than Bitshares.  

I would like more information about this (I am a NXt'er, but haven't see this feature in the forum). Do you have a link to the corresponding discussion? As far as I know, the Smart Contract feature hasn't any ETA yet. And "CoinoUSD" and other similar systems are simply IOU's.

https://nxtforum.org/general-discussion/price-speculation/msg188482/#msg188482

box0214

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 01:38:16 AM

i think nxt is playing their card right as they are waiting if you haven't noticed on the side lines to see how smart contracts would work and same goes for the anonymous feature stuff... let the first wave of people come test it out first and learn from it then adopt the most feasible technology.
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 12:58:24 PM

Totally agree! NXT is probably the most underestimated coin in the crypocoin world. Let one of the tech investors let recognize that and we will see huge impact on NXT price  Wink It is superior to Bitcoin.

I dismissed NXT a while ago as just another coin but I finally had reason to install it and I've been very impressed. Kinda like looking through a time machine into the future compared to Bitcoin. Of course Bitcoin has the name recognition and brand, and it's been an immensely successful proof of concept. But there's definitely room for innovation in the market when Bitcoin is pretty set in stone these days.
HeroCat

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 01:02:32 PM

More popular is Doge, this is free crypto market  Wink Second most popular crypto is Doge, I think  Grin
g3rszpi

Activity: 728

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 02:41:53 PM

NXT was nr.4 for a long time
o0‡0o

Activity: 227
Merit: 103

Have faith.

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 03:40:02 PM

Ah the good old days where some considered it worthy a top 10 spot. It has one last chance to stand up and do something.
If the premined unspectacular Bytecoin passes it too then its really curtains down.

Get used to it.
habraken

Activity: 251

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 03:51:33 PM

Ah the good old days where some considered it worthy a top 10 spot. It has one last chance to stand up and do something.
If the premined unspectacular Bytecoin passes it too then its really curtains down.
And marketcap according to CMC website is all-important for the future of a crypto-platform because.. Cheesy
sofu
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1085

Degenerate Crypto Gambler

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 08:34:43 PM

NXT whale is still dumping on polo.

http://www.mynxt.info/account/2159498187382012684

https://poloniex.com/exchange#btc_nxt

I recommend to place buyorders and profit on NXT distribution  Smiley

box0214

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 12:32:50 AM

NXT whale is still dumping on polo.

http://www.mynxt.info/account/2159498187382012684

https://poloniex.com/exchange#btc_nxt

I recommend to place buyorders and profit on NXT distribution  Smiley

tats some cheap nxt.... i think whale holder will just dump having to realize that they can just keep holding and not give away the distribution to make it increase in value.
ShroomsKit_Disgrace
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 09:30:09 AM

I question myself this very thing everyday
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2016, 01:01:58 PM

Someday...

(I actually had hopes that Nxt would grow into becoming the reserve currency of Gen-2 cryptos, a world where you could recognize a gen-2 by seeing its price quoted in Nxtoshis.)

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

kennyP

Activity: 544

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 10:04:32 PM

NXT is a platform, not a a coin.

NXT is fully decentralised & open like no other crypto project, so it's just a matter of time IMO, but i still don't think the value of Nxt token will ever moon like some hope/expect, but it will increase a lot from here.

NXT is like tcp/ip, and we haven't seen the 'http' equivalent fully develop yet, so no google, youtube or facebook etc so far, but they're coming
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: