Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:04:38 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is NXT not the number 2 coin?  (Read 16883 times)
ridery99

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 08:06:16 AM

Because what nerds here usually can't realize is that tech has nothing to do with the success of the coin  Wink
samanas

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 09:56:09 AM

Ehtereum is going to be PoS within a year, that will be a big competition to NXT.
habraken

Activity: 251
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 02:24:36 PM

Because what nerds here usually can't realize is that tech has nothing to do with the success of the coin  Wink
Depends. I imagine when a company needs a private/whitelabel blockchain, the tech is important. And they'd rather use or clone (or license) the NXT tech than the DOGE tech Wink
nxtZen

Activity: 606
Merit: 513

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 08:47:57 AM

The success of coins is based a lot on adoption, and for a coin to be adopted by more people it is good to keep it simple and easy to begin using it. I feel NXT (and also Ethereum) are too complicated to get working. Of course not for techy guys, but go try to explain your regular pc user friend how to put NXT to work (not to mention to explain its features).

Even with Bitcoin, which has lots of online wallets and services to make things easier, it is hard for regular people to use it.

If you compare the NXT to Etherium - the first is incomparably easier and more convenient for the end user. In addition, the already "here and now" NXT offers a set of functions to work well. NXT client is easy to install for any user, even more so - it is now implemented as a simple and easy installers for all platforms.

P.S. But yes - marketing "lame" I hope the situation is corrected
samanas

Activity: 95

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 09:44:40 AM

The success of coins is based a lot on adoption, and for a coin to be adopted by more people it is good to keep it simple and easy to begin using it. I feel NXT (and also Ethereum) are too complicated to get working. Of course not for techy guys, but go try to explain your regular pc user friend how to put NXT to work (not to mention to explain its features).

Even with Bitcoin, which has lots of online wallets and services to make things easier, it is hard for regular people to use it.

If you compare the NXT to Etherium - the first is incomparably easier and more convenient for the end user. In addition, the already "here and now" NXT offers a set of functions to work well. NXT client is easy to install for any user, even more so - it is now implemented as a simple and easy installers for all platforms.

Does NXT have a plan to be used by general public, retailers or B2B? If so, it could increase its reach in the society.
nxtZen

Activity: 606
Merit: 513

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 10:10:50 AM

Does NXT have a plan to be used by general public, retailers or B2B? If so, it could increase its reach in the society.

Now the community works on advance of a coin. Marketing and advertizing programs for 2016, plus further development of a functionality for real use were declared.
habraken

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 10:32:08 AM

Last year the community crowdfunded (using the NXT platform of course) about EUR 70k in donations, if I remember correctly, for a marketing initiative Project Tennessee. Also to develop use cases for businesses.
https://nxtforum.org/general-discussion/(marketing-business-and-development)-the-tennessee-project-fundraiser/

Still, it's difficult to get any exposure when you're a decentralized and partly anonymous community, no famous names or faces, no VC millions to spend Wink
farl4web
Legendary

Activity: 1205
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 02:48:21 PM

I don't think Nxt will be number 2 ever....

I think we are at number 3, like Apple, Microsoft and Linux, Bitcoin, Ethereum and Nxt.  Smiley
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3990
Merit: 1426

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 02:56:02 PM

I think we are at number 3, like Apple, Microsoft and Linux, Bitcoin, Ethereum and Nxt.  Smiley

Care to explain why?

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
bl234st

Activity: 87

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 09:03:12 PM

Can you buy actual physical Gold on the NXT plarform? Not some asset backed by nothing, but REAL GOLD? Stored in vaults?

http://www.reuters.com/article/malcaamit-silvervault-idUSL4N0FZ10P20130729

https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/40yd17/digix_is_now_live/

https://www.dgx.io/

GTFO with your comparison of NXT and ETH. NXT is a circle jerk with no interest other than a few shills who flood this place with promises that go nowhere. Look at the volume.

No interest means NO INTEREST! NXT has been dead for over a year, and you think EvilDave is going to save it? What is Daves marketing background? Spending his youth going

to Raves in the nineties? Are you kidding me? Driving around in a Lambo? Only a teenager would be be impressed with that garbage. What a fucking joke!
habraken

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 09:32:22 PM

What a fucking joke!
Yes you are. Not a very good troll either. Go practise some more.
bl234st

Activity: 87

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 09:49:04 PM

What a fucking joke!
Yes you are. Not a very good troll either. Go practise some more.

Answer the fuckin question SHILL. Can you buy Gold on the NXT platform? No you can't, and do you know why? Because no ADULT would ever trust, or invest in something

backed by a bunch of shills who haven't had their balls drop yet. You got suckered in because you have no clue what REAL development looks like. Why, because you are an idiot

who can't even spell. Maybe you should PRACTICE. Lmao!
stoat

Activity: 686
Merit: 270

FREEDOM RESERVE

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2016, 12:45:14 AM

The more I hear about NXT the more I begin to like it.

That said;
They seem to be having a terrible time recently, if butthurt could solve sha256 they'd be very rich men.
Like someone said upthread, there is no known name no central figurehead to promote the coin to big organisations no talking heads to make youtube videos explaining the coin.  so it depends on Grassroots promotion But i dont see it anywhere outside of this forum! 

Is there no one in NXT who knows how to write a press release?  In what sources of media would I find articles about nxt?

FREEDOMRESERVEFree currency for the British Isles
Visit our website for more info

<-- Click here!
FREEDOMRESERVE By the People and for the People
box0214

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 05:11:10 AM

the stuff nxt is doing is extremely under-marketed.... i've been following both nxt and ethereum since the beginning. most of us are basing these crypto's on their coin. should really look at the platform instead. honestly, i can't see anyone using either of the platforms currency for day to day purchases at its current state right now. keep in mind ethereum is still being developed and gaining traction among typical developers, but nxt is being developed in a way its more controlled. yes ethereum can do everything nxt can do assuming someone develops nxt's same features. But if someone was to replicate the asset exchange or marketplace on ethereum. nothing stops another dev replicating that exact same feature as another ethereum smart contract creating dilution and confusion. imo, i think the anonymous devs behind nxt is playing their cards right by waiting to compete with ethereum on the smart contracts. keep in mind ethereum's smart contract code is public, nothing stops another blockchain from cannibalizing ethereum's user generated smart contract scripts into another system once its been tested working. just a humble opinion.

nxt has an upcoming decentralized bitcoin mixer coming out end of the month. this is a pretty big deal. mixing your btc on top of another platform.
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042

White Male Libertarian Bro

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 06:51:39 AM

Care to explain why?

This is the genius the "NXT marketing team" hired to redo the "official" NXT website.

Why don't you put that on the main page of the website, moron.

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
habraken

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 11:33:32 AM
Last edit: January 15, 2016, 11:47:58 AM by habraken

Why, because you are an idiot

who can't even spell. Maybe you should PRACTICE. Lmao!
http://www.world-english.org/practise_practice.htm

Too lazy to even use Google eh?
Wonder why people don't take you seriously as a troll? Smiley

Oh, and we should remember not everyone is a native english speaker, so we can't expect spelling to be 100% correct.
habraken

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 11:46:17 AM
Last edit: January 15, 2016, 06:23:43 PM by habraken

The more I hear about NXT the more I begin to like it.

That said;
They seem to be having a terrible time recently, if butthurt could solve sha256 they'd be very rich men.
Like someone said upthread, there is no known name no central figurehead to promote the coin to big organisations no talking heads to make youtube videos explaining the coin.  so it depends on Grassroots promotion But i dont see it anywhere outside of this forum!  

Is there no one in NXT who knows how to write a press release?  In what sources of media would I find articles about nxt?
Looking at price yes, which has been stable for a long time, till some early investor whale(s) began dumping. There was some ensuing panic selling by others. The assets bubble burst, too many expectations of short term profit. Then of course there's Ethereum that took some marketcap from NXT. And lastly disagreements between NXT and SuperNET devs about API changes and the way those were communicated.

But there's (marketing) projects in the pipeline I hear: https://nxtforum.org/general-discussion/(marketing-business-and-development)-the-tennessee-project-fundraiser/ A redesign of the website(s), maybe simplify the client. And of course the new features in the new release: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/nxt-17-complete-toolset-bas-wisselink

So yes, tech value is ever increasing, but unfortunately it's all very much under the radar, so the price doesn't follow the value of the platform. It's all about Ethereum Smiley

Most people in the NXT community don't even bother with Bitcointalk anymore, too many trolls and crazy modding. Community is mostly on Slack chat and in the NXT forum: https://nxtforum.org/core-development-discussion/nxt-2-0-what-is-it/
stoat

Activity: 686
Merit: 270

FREEDOM RESERVE

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2016, 03:26:03 PM

Thank you. I will check it out.

FREEDOMRESERVEFree currency for the British Isles
Visit our website for more info

<-- Click here!
FREEDOMRESERVE By the People and for the People
ShroomsKit_Disgrace
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 10:32:12 AM

That is my question for myself every morning....
box0214

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 04:37:27 AM

That is my question for myself every morning....

same here... makes no sense.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: