Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 05:35:06 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: "Killing Jews is Worship that Draws Us Close to Allah" Ads on NYC Buses  (Read 6206 times)
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 11:46:03 PM

A New York judge ruled today that the Metropolitan Transit Authority — a.k.a. NYC’s public transit — must run a pro-Israel group’s controversial ads, widely considered to be anti-Jihad, that could allegedly incite violence against Jewish people.
According to the New York Times, Judge John G. Koeltl said that the ad, commissioned by the American Freedom Defense Initiative, was protected speech and could therefore run on MTA property (as long as the MTA does not appeal). “While the court is sensitive to the M.T.A.’s security concerns, the defendants have not presented any objective evidence that the ‘Killing Jews advertisement’ would be likely to incite imminent violence,” he wrote.

“The defendants underestimate the tolerant quality of New Yorkers, and overestimate the potential impact of these fleeting advertisements,” he added.
Ah, right. The ads in question, which will be displayed on buses and in subway stops, will look like this:

Very controversial! The president of the American Freedom Defense Initiative, Pamela Geller, applauded the decision as “a “triumph for liberty and truth.” Meanwhile, the MTA may appeal the ruling, and the Times describes them as “disappointed”.
The Times notes that Geller’s group has run similar ads on MTA property before, and that this iteration was a jab at a similar campaign:
The set of ads was intended to parody a “My Jihad” campaign by the Council on American-Islamic Relations. Those “My Jihad” ads portrayed jihad as a concept of nonviolent individual and personal struggle.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/judge-rules-mta-must-run-killing-jews-is-worship-ad-on-buses-subways/
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 02:20:49 AM

Distasteful drama such as this one will actually invite negativity towards Jews. There is no need to quote some stupid fanatic from the Hamas and then paste it all over the city. Jewish organizations in NY should intervene and stop this stupid advertisement. It is definitely of bad taste. If you want to indulge in a propaganda war against Hamas, there are better options.

Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1568

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 09:56:52 PM

^Yeah, this was so over the top and since I can't remember seeing such an ad on this level I just had to post for sheer ridiculousness of it.
saddampbuh
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1014

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 06:14:54 AM

jews need to get the fuck over themselves with their the whole world wants to exterminate us bullshit

Be radical, have principles, be absolute, be that which the bourgeoisie calls an extremist: give yourself without counting or calculating, don't accept what they call ‘the reality of life' and act in such a way that you won't be accepted by that kind of ‘life', never abandon the principle of struggle.
Aggressor66

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 06:30:51 AM

A Jewish group using the same sort of propaganda and rhetoric to villainize and dehumanize Muslims as the Nazis used to villainize and dehumanize Jews?
Seems like the American "Freedom" Defense Initiative learned the wrong message from the Holocaust.
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 11:57:28 AM
Last edit: April 26, 2015, 07:59:09 PM by Snail2

I guess they want to carry on with the established and highly profitable business model, but because of the lack of nazis they need to create new enemies and maybe sacrifice fellow jews to victimize themselves. If I would be a north african, or ethiopian jew I would be somewhat worried.
Stargazer

Activity: 641
Merit: 253

▰▰▰ Global Cryptocurrency Paymen

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 12:57:49 PM

The president of the American Freedom Defense Initiative, Pamela Geller, applauded the decision as “a “triumph for liberty and truth.”

That's cute. So if I draw a swastika and SS symbols on my car and drive it through NYC every day it's my right and another triumph of liberty and truth, because I'm true to my beliefs.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 04:02:12 PM

I guess they want to carry on with the established and highly profitable business model, but because of the lack of nazis they need create new enemies and maybe sacrifice fellow jews to victimize themselves. If I would be a north african, or ethiopian jew I would be somewhat worried.

That's exactly true. Most of the people would like to conveniently forget that there are still Jews living in Arab nations. For example, there are a few thousand of them in Morocco, and a few hundred in Yemen. These people would be facing any possible revenge attacks for the stupidity of this New York City Jewish group.
koshgel
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 04:43:39 PM

A Jewish group using the same sort of propaganda and rhetoric to villainize and dehumanize Muslims as the Nazis used to villainize and dehumanize Jews?
Seems like the American "Freedom" Defense Initiative learned the wrong message from the Holocaust.

The hypocrisy is nauseating
J. J. Phillips

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Islam and Nazism are belief systems, not races.

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2015, 06:08:22 PM

I wish the Jihadis who openly believe in and praise killing Jews were as controversial as the people who point it out.

If you're looking for people to compare to the Nazis, how about looking at the people who tortured and murdered Ilan Halimi in 2006? Or if 9 years is too long ago, look at the man who killed the Jews in that supermarket in Paris in January? Or the Jewish kids shot and killed at a school a couple of years ago? All these examples are in France and they were all killed by Jihadis.

Jews actually are being targetted and killed. Today. By the people who say their goal is to kill Jews. Because of their religion.

And you're comparing the people pointing this out to the Nazis. Instead of the people who are actually demonizing Jews, actually targetting Jews, actually killing Jews.

Do you ever stop for a moment and think that maybe you're missing something?

If Israel is destroyed, I will devote the rest of my life to the extermination of the human species. Any species that goes down this road again less than 100 years after the holocaust needs to be fucking wiped out.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Affair_of_the_Gang_of_Barbarians
Ilan Halimi: tortured and murdered in France by barbarian Jew haters who'd be very comfortable here at bitcointalk.
coric

Activity: 169
Merit: 10

ExToke - Fee Free Trading

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 08:18:51 PM

If an ad says you should buy hamburgers, then they want to sell hamburgers for profit. If an ad says you should kill jews, then this Pamela Geller obviously wants people to kill jews for her, whether for sick kicks, or more likely to incite a circle of sectarian violence from which she and her buddies will profit.

Whatever the motive, it is incitement to murder and must not be allowed but punished instead.

▬▬ι═══════-  ♦ EXTOKE  -═══════ι▬▬
●▬●▬●▬●▬ FEE FREE DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE! ▬●▬●▬●▬●
[{Website}{Token Sale}{White Paper}{Platform}{Twitter}{Facebook}
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 08:23:57 PM

I wish the Jihadis who openly believe in and praise killing Jews were as controversial as the people who point it out.

If you're looking for people to compare to the Nazis, how about looking at the people who tortured and murdered Ilan Halimi in 2006? Or if 9 years is too long ago, look at the man who killed the Jews in that supermarket in Paris in January? Or the Jewish kids shot and killed at a school a couple of years ago? All these examples are in France and they were all killed by Jihadis.

Jews actually are being targetted and killed. Today. By the people who say their goal is to kill Jews. Because of their religion.

And you're comparing the people pointing this out to the Nazis. Instead of the people who are actually demonizing Jews, actually targetting Jews, actually killing Jews.

Would you like to see a list about all the woman and children who have been killed in Gaza?
BTW jihadist are not controversial. They are scum, but you guys unleashed these scum and I'm pretty sure eventually we will be those who will have to fight and win your war again.
J. J. Phillips

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2015, 08:27:27 PM

If an ad says you should buy hamburgers, then they want to sell hamburgers for profit. If an ad says you should kill jews, then this Pamela Geller obviously wants people to kill jews for her, whether for sick kicks, or more likely to incite a circle of sectarian violence from which she and her buddies will profit.

Whatever the motive, it is incitement to murder and must not be allowed but punished instead.

The ad doesn't say you should kill Jews. Read it again. It's quoting what Hamas says about killing Jews. It's an ad about what the word jihad means.

Pamela Geller doesn't want Jews killed. That's why she's point out Jew-killers and the people who excuse them. What do the people who want to silence her want? Dead Jews.

Don't worry. Jews will continue to be killed whether this ad runs or not. And people will blame the Jews for being killed.

If Israel is destroyed, I will devote the rest of my life to the extermination of the human species. Any species that goes down this road again less than 100 years after the holocaust needs to be fucking wiped out.
Ilan Halimi: tortured and murdered in France by barbarian Jew haters who'd be very comfortable here at bitcointalk.
J. J. Phillips

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2015, 08:29:54 PM

Would you like to see a list about all the woman and children who have been killed in Gaza?
BTW jihadist are not controversial. They are scum, but you guys unleashed these scum and I'm pretty sure eventually we will be the those who will have to fight and win your war again.

Just to clarify: are you implying that I am a Jew? If so, what led you to this conclusion?

coric

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 08:35:34 PM

This ad is literally calling for murder, and whether she and you thinly disguise it "but it's not us but our Hamas buddies who say so", her goal is Jews being murdered for her profit, and I won't doubt she won't find some useful idiots doing her work believing it to be their god's...

J. J. Phillips

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2015, 08:42:17 PM

This ad is literally calling for murder, and whether she and you thinly disguise it "but it's not us but our Hamas buddies who say so", her goal is Jews being murdered for her profit, and I won't doubt she won't find some useful idiots doing her work believing it to be their god's...

You are literally wrong. I'm using the word literally literally here. Read the ad. It doesn't call for murder. It's calling out someone who calls for murder. Why don't you want those who advocate the murder of Jews to be called out? It's also calling out those who try to mislead people about what jihad means. Why don't you want those people to be called out?

But look. We agree that someone will kill some Jews and justify it using Islam. And we agree that you'll blame Pamela Geller instead of the murderer, because Pamela Geller will be the Jew.

Obviously everytime a Jew is killed there's a Jew to blame because there is a secret Jew plan behind the killing. /s

J. J. Phillips

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2015, 08:46:10 PM

And as far as who unleashed Jihadi scum, I think that would have been Muhammed about 1500 years ago.

Here's a nice reenactment of how it all started:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiaTHfoyJow

"Something literally unbelievable has just happened to me!"

coric

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 08:49:05 PM

Unlike you, I don't give a fuck about the religion or rice of some racist or fundamentalist bastard who runs an ad campaign advocating murder. You seem to think it's great if a jew calls for murdering jews and advocates terrorism, because it's some hi irony or whatever, maybe that is your sick pleasure. Enjoy your barbarism and violence, I want nothing to do with your kind, and that includes anyone advocating violence, terror and war whatever their religion or nation.

J. J. Phillips

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2015, 08:56:29 PM

Unlike you, I don't give a fuck about the religion or rice of some racist or fundamentalist bastard who runs an ad campaign advocating murder. You seem to think it's great if a jew calls for murdering jews and advocates terrorism, because it's some hi irony or whatever, maybe that is your sick pleasure. Enjoy your barbarism and violence, I want nothing to do with your kind, and that includes anyone advocating violence, terror and war whatever their religion or nation.

She isn't calling for murdering Jews or advocating terrorism. She's opposing those things. Why are you lying about it? And why do you write "jew" instead of "Jew"? Looks to me like you actually do give a fuck.

Wait. "religion or rice"? "religion or rice"? What does that even mean? Am I arguing with some Nazi version of Eliza? Goddammit someone's made a Nazi version of Eliza and created 100 sock puppet accounts on bitcointalk and I've fucking wasted weeks arguing with them all. Fucking hell.

Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 09:19:18 PM

Wait. "religion or rice"? "religion or rice"? What does that even mean? Am I arguing with some Nazi version of Eliza? Goddammit someone's made a Nazi version of Eliza and created 100 sock puppet accounts on bitcointalk and I've fucking wasted weeks arguing with them all. Fucking hell.
Correct.  I've been exploring the grammatical response patterns.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: