Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 08:21:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Government and Bitcoin  (Read 5725 times)
alon_alon

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 04:47:50 AM

Why, until now, government all over the world still doesn't trust bitcoin?

Not all Governments around the world do not trust Bitcoin, there are still some Governments in the World who trust Bitcoin and have even received Bitcoin in their country. But in my opinion, the Government already believes in Bitcoin only the Government does not acknowledge it. The government actually hates Bitcoin for sure because there is no tax on Bitcoin and the Government does not get the tax revenue.
Virtual miner

Activity: 728
Merit: 275

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 02:46:44 PM

Because there are so many loopholes in the working of Bitcoin which is preventing the government from trusting it. The anonymous nature of cryptocurrencies enables it to be used for illegal purposes like purchase and sale of prohibited weapons or drugs. Although virtual currencies reduce the chances of money laundering activities, it is proving more useful for cybercrimes. A report published by the UK Treasury on monetary policy says that virtual or digital currencies can facilitate methodologies of “crime-as-a-service” and provide a platform for laundering advances of cybercrimes which can increase the chances of crime.
Ann Impas

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 03:07:34 PM

I know government doesn't trust bitcoin until now but what I'm sure is they trust the technology behind bitcoin which is Blockchain. I'm sure time will come that government will issue its own cryptocurrency. And by that time, bitcoin will sort of the benchmark of all the cryptocurrency in the world because it was made from an energy consumption.
Suguha

Activity: 218
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 03:10:08 PM

For me, because they think its a scam and because they think that bitcoin is threat to the people in their country; because no any government officials handled the bitcoin, because they don't have any idea what is bitcoin and what are the the things that can do to make other people become rich and be investor.
Al Wahhaab

Activity: 76
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 03:31:45 PM

the government is too prestigious to believe there is bitcoin by the time the first bitcoin comes out but some users or investi come the government does not complain there is bitcoin now so many bitcoin users even millions now the government is starting to issue unimportant issues even dispute between government experts and bitcoin but now bitcoin persists and I hope the government believes that bitcoin can promote society and make people independent
MASDAS87

Activity: 78

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 04:21:14 PM

Actually Governments want to control Bitcoin. on the other hand bitcoin is decentralized digital currency but Government want to centralized bitcoin that's why they can't control it easily. some counties are bitcoin legal and some counties are bitcoin is illegal but they are thinking about legalization bitcoin. I think government still doesn't trust bitcoin, because of some factors such as crime and terrorist funds and other some evil people's activities.
Drakula

Activity: 421
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 04:24:16 PM

Its not that the governments is against bitcoin, it is actually the government being problematic about the taxes, since bitcoin has no relation or is neutral to a country the government does not cover any of it, which means the government wont have any benefits from it, and this is the reason or one of the reasons why governments and bitcoin does not cope up with each other, take note not all governments has illegalized bitcoin, as a matter of fact a lot of countries have gain trust with bitcoin and has legalized them for the good of the country.

The entire goverment is always against something thats a threat to their interest. Just like any other things. Its always dependent on the government's trust against it. If they dont, its a problem, but if they do, its better since there wont be any problem going in the bitcoin industry's way
nicksnn

Activity: 180

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 04:50:56 PM

now the Crypto currency is too volatile and unstable. As soon as this changes, the state will change its point of view
budakjawa

Activity: 471
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 04:58:45 PM

the possibility of the government being frightened by bitcoin abuse because according to the bitcoin government's vision can be used to make any payments that make the government very scared if used for criminal acts.

Chaelbrin

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 05:18:36 PM

When you have a system framework that is straightforwardly a conceivable substitution to the current money related framework or will it one day demolish the grasp and control you have, would you believe it in any case? Truth be told I should change the word to danger to be more exact. Governments for the most part won't support or acknowledge bitcoin so far as that is concerned and they will effectively keep that from happening.
copyfile

Activity: 602
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 05:37:30 PM

The fact that bitcoin can be used anonymously to conduct transactions between any account holders, anywhere and anytime around the world makes it attractive to criminal elements. But it from the point of view of officials who "not in a subject". They until a certain point considered (or consider) that bitcoins are used for purchase or sale of illegal goods, such as drugs or the weapon. However, in practice, transactions are open, for anonymity, you need to use mixers that are constantly closed, and in General, for anonymity, currencies of the Monero type are used.

Most countries did not clearly define the legality of bitcoin, preferring instead to take a waiting position. Some countries indirectly agreed to the legal use of bitcoins, establishing some supervision. Bitcoin has not been declared in any country as a substitute for the legal means of payment of the state. Many countries are on the way of accepting bitcoin as a means of payment, but it will take more than one year
wasaisisisi

Activity: 134

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 05:38:37 PM

Because the government thinks bitcoin will disrupt the economy and the government thinks they can not control the bitcoin so that's why. But if the government that legalizes bitcoin I do not think it will think that way.
CarltonWyatt

Activity: 74

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 05:39:05 PM

I think the number of money that’s has come into the market in just 2017 alone is staggering. No government can ignore that.
Fameone

Activity: 12

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 05:42:29 PM

The main reason could be, because bitcoin is decentralized, which means that it is not easy for the government to control it
ipinkang

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2018, 05:50:44 PM

Bitcoin growing become competitor of traditional banking, and as we know if all banking in ever country on the world controlled and regulated by goverment, probably the goverment thinking in future bitcoin will make traditional banking collaps and if it that happened the goverment will be loss.
Sanjida
Copper Member

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 05:51:15 PM

I think the government always against bitcoin because they don't trust bitcoin.its better since there wont be any problem going in the bitcoin industry's way.i hope the government believes that bitcoin .
Mia Wallace

Activity: 361
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 05:58:49 PM

Bitcoin is the first crypto currency originated in the year 2009 by Satoshi Nakamoto.It is a decentralized one, so not any government control over it and can be operated world wide electronically.  Only the buyer and the seller knows about the deal.Some governments are trying to put some regulations to operate to their country.Most of the technically developed countries are welcoming bitcoin to operate it parallel to their own currency.Bitcoins popularity is increasing steadily by understanding the  usefulness of it.

15putriutami

Activity: 127

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 06:00:50 PM

Probably because bitcoin can never be controlled and bitcoin prices are unpredictable so governments of some countries do not believe in bitcoin.
ipinkang

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2018, 06:11:31 PM

I think the government always against bitcoin because they don't trust bitcoin.its better since there wont be any problem going in the bitcoin industry's way.i hope the government believes that bitcoin .
Trully i am jelous with Japanese or Denmark, their goverment legalize bitcoin as legal currency, and i believe if my goverment follow that country steps to legalize bitcoin i think they will receive great tax ,because many transaction that use  the bitcoin can be taxed.CMIIW
ClaraLuV

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

Presale is live!

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 06:25:50 PM

Some Governments are not promoting bitcoins as bitcoin is a decentralized network and  they will not be able to control the people's finances  through bitcoins which causes distress to the Government but there are positive traits on legalizing bitcoins and block chain technology as bitcoins helps to improve the socio economic and financial conditions of the world and naturally improve the life style of the people as it provides a source of income for products and services in exchange of bitcoins.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  

Jump to: