Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:29:59 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER S4+ Discussion and Support Thread  (Read 20078 times)
BITMAIN (OP)

Activity: 741
Merit: 514

https://www.bitmain.com

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2015, 07:15:15 AM

AntMiner S4+ available for global sales on April 20th

Introducing the newest miner from Bitmain, the AntMiner S4+. More powerful and efficient than its predecessor, the S4+ packs quite a punch!

Sales Information

The S4+ will be available for purchase at 4:00PM (GMT +8) on April 20th, shipping within one week after full payment, and can be ordered from www.bitmaintech.com (payment by Bitcoin or USD wires). For questions on larger orders, please email info@bitmaintech.com.
Payment by credit card can be done on DHGate which will be open soon.

S4+ Specifications:

• Hashrate: 2570GH ±5%
  • Power consumption: 1480W at the wall
  • Power efficiency: 0.58J/GH
  • # of Chips: 204x BM1382
  • # of hash boards: 4
  • Hash board structure: String design
  • PSU built-in: 1600W (205V - 264V AC)
  • LCD: No
  • Buzzer: No
  • Certificates: CE/FCC
  • The S4+ retains the same dimensions as the original S4, in a rack-mountable 3U sized case.

Please note:
1. The included PSU cannot be used in countries with a mains power voltage lower than 205V. The PSU will not start below this voltage.
2. The PSU is designed by Bitmain. The headache around the S4 PSU will not happen again.
3. Please prepare the power cord by yourself.
4. Please be aware this mining rig is very noisy (70dB).
5. The product is new from the factory, but due to testing periods and the unstable air quality around the factory, there may be dust on the machine when you receive it.

Comparison
AntMiner S4AntMiner S5AntMiner S4+
Chip160x BM138260x BM1384204x BM1382
Hashrate2000GH/s1155GH/s2570GH/s
Power Consumption1380W590W1500W
Power Efficiency0.69J/GH0.51J/GH0.58J/GH
Dimensions432mm*442mm*133mm298mm*137mm*155mm432mm*442mm*133mm
Weight (boxed)16.2kg3.5kg14.4kg

Photos
http://www.dogiecoin.com/bitmain-antminer-s4---360-degree-view.html

Cloud Mining? Just Go to Hashnest.com          Best Liquidity   Lowest Price   100% Real Mining Back Up
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2015, 07:15:30 AM
Last edit: May 04, 2015, 02:31:55 PM by dogie

FAQ and Technical Support

Dogie's comprehensive setup guide in super HD!

Configuration
Wiring:
  • Plug in a power cable from the AntMiner to the mains.
  • Plug in an ethernet cable from the AntMiner to you router.

Configuration:
  • The unit will automatically power on when you provide it power.
  • Make sure that your router's DHCP table is turned on. You can assume it is already on if you have a typical router.
  • Using a browser, navigate to your router and find the IP it has assigned the S4+ and navigate to that IP.
  • Login using "root" as both the username and password.
  • Navigate to the page Status -> Miner Configuration. Enter your pool information in the below format. Click "Save & Apply".
  • Navigate to the page "Miner Status" to check mining has started.

FAQ
Under ASIC status, one chip is always an "x"?Will the miner ever beep?
 - There is a faulty chip - nothing we can do. Hash rate will be affected by ~1%.  - No, the beeper was removed on the S4+. The Miner configuration option
of "Beeper Ringing" does not do anything.

Under ASIC status, one row is almost all "x"es?

I can connect to the Antminer but the status page is blank?
 - One board may have dropped temporarily. Try hard resetting the miner by powering it on and off.  - You may have entered an incorrect miner setting causing cgminer
to crash. Post a screenshot of your configuration page if still unsure.

How do I reset settings to default?

What temperatures should I aim for?
 - Use a paper clip to press the reset button - located next to the LEDs and ethernet connector - down for 5-10 seconds. The miner will then reset with stock settings.  - Try and achieve <75°C for best hash rates, and <85°C for long lifetimes.
Temperatures over 90°C will cause an overheat warning to be issued and
over 95°C will cause the miner to stop.

How do I change the login password?

Where can I get the latest firmware?
 - Navigate to System -> Administration. Enter the current password and enter your new one twice.  - Download from Bitmain's site.

What is the SSH login?

How can I tell what firmware version I have now?
 - Username "root", password "admin".  - Navigate to System -> Overview and look at "File System Version".

What do the LEDs on the front mean?

How do I install the latest firmware?
 - The green LED will flash when mining, and the red LED will remain on while in an error or overheat state.  - Download firmware as above. Navigate to System -> Upgrade and click
"browse". Select the downloaded file and click "Flash image". Do NOT
interrupt this process or you will brick the unit.

dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2015, 07:15:37 AM

Hello all,

Bitmain has employed me to help liaise with the community and later provide technical support. They have done this in order to help provide:

1) timely technical support
2) provide better feedback (if I don't know, I can find out from the people within Bitmain who will)
3) provide product and sales input from you guys directly into the company. If something is going wrong, YOU can fix it
4) provide native English press releases - less ManderEnglish, more sense.

This is a paid position, however it will in no way affect my independence or freedom in being critical towards Bitmain outside of this thread. My contract specifically stipulates:

Dogie will speak on behalf of BITMAIN and will not criticize BITMAIN in these threads. Dogie still reserves the right to criticize BITMAIN in his other threads. Both parties acknowledge that this relationship has no impact whatsoever on BITMAIN’s rating or standing in “Dogie’s ‘Manufacturer Trustworthiness” thread.

This means I won't sit here and reply to every post saying Bitmain is a scam, don't buy from Bitmain etc etc, in this thread. It does NOT prohibit me from saying that in my own threads, if that is what I believe. It also has absolutely no impact on their rating in the Manufacturer trustwothiness thread [in which Bitmain just went down 10 points].

elrippo
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 07:20:36 AM

Hy dear Bitmain and dogie,
unfortunately the "new" S4+ has no significant improvement in power to hash ratio and on my personal opinion a decrease in attraction for home miners in Middle europe, US and other countries above €$0,15/kWH.
If i may post a wish for a S6 or S7, this would be 0,25W/GH and a noise level below 30db. Technically this should not be an issue for a legit company as bitmain is  Wink

Kind regards,
elrippo

For Advertisement. PM me to discuss.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 07:23:54 AM

Hy dear Bitmain,
unfortunately the "new" S4+ has no significant improvement in power to hash ratio and on my personal opinion a decrease in attraction for home miners in Middle europe, US and other countries above €$0,15/kWH.
If i may post a wish for a S6 or S7, this would be 0,25W/GH and a noise level below 30db

Kind regards,
elrippo

I don't know if I would agree with all of this.  I think home miners are starting to look at 220/240 so I'm glad to see them jump into this level.  It allows for a lot in future.

As far as .15 KWH in euros you might look into hosting centers I think you will be able to get it cheaper.  Also avoid I'm guessing a Europe vat depending on the location of hosting you choose.
Prelude
Legendary

Activity: 1596

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 07:31:27 AM

Bitmain, please treat the S4+ and it's users better than you did the S4's.
elrippo
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 07:33:01 AM

Hy dear Bitmain,
If i may post a wish for a S6 or S7, this would be 0,25W/GH and a noise level below 30db

Kind regards,
elrippo

I don't know if I would agree with all of this.  I think home miners are starting to look at 220/240 so I'm glad to see them jump into this level.  It allows for a lot in future.

As far as .15 KWH you might look into hosting centers I think you will be able to get it cheaper.  Also avoid I'm guessing a Europe vat depending on the location of hosting you choose.

I personally am a fan of hosting my hardware at a location that i have immediate access to, virtually as physically. Unfortunately other countries have a quite huge advantage in terms of power cost and taxiation.
If i remember wright, this is a community driven effort, and it should be possible, nearly possible for everyone to dedicate to it. With the current FIAT ratio and costs to mine, several countries if not continents have a disadvantage which can be partially compensated by technology.
Bitmain seems to drive this as a big player in the industrie and serves home miners, and before i write further, i really appreciate this, so i do not think that this is technically a issue, this is more a strategic and philosophic state.

I don´t have to mine at 220/2240 here in Middleurope with a rasing diff of 3%. It starts getting profitable above 335/340 for one year, maybe 18 months.

For Advertisement. PM me to discuss.
mavericklm

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 07:40:37 AM

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8751/17240307015_4fc7165728_o.jpg

nice patches on the right side!
air quality control on the ''testing site'' is beautiful!
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2015, 07:50:02 AM

nice patches on the right side! air quality control on the ''testing site'' is beautiful!

That's the underside, pressed tight against the heatsink. You can see from the heatsink picture that those areas are fully enclosed and not exposed to the air what so ever.

dog1965

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 09:00:25 AM

nice patches on the right side! air quality control on the ''testing site'' is beautiful!

That's the underside, pressed tight against the heatsink. You can see from the heatsink picture that those areas are fully enclosed and not exposed to the air what so ever.

You should know doggie you get yours free !

HolyScott

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 03:33:10 PM
Last edit: September 27, 2017, 10:37:20 PM by HolyScott

Mini Review: I have a couple S4 Plus units in hand that I have been running for about an hour or so.

Getting about 2550 GHs on each one, running on a pool that is known to lose some hash rate.

Measured about 6.2 - 6.3 Amps / 12.5 Amps for the Pair on 220v (235v) = 1470 Watts Each at the Wall.
So I personally am getting about .57 Efficiency which is slightly better then advertised.  

About the same sound / noise level of a normal S4, only hear the high pitch PSU fan if very close up.
I am getting some vibration noise, from both of them, which is unusual, as I never had before in any S4 Units.

Overall, Not Bad, A tad overpriced. People want the S6 with the new chips, this is something at least until then.

Anyhow I have them up for sale if anyone wants them shipped out today from New York.
HasherHub

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 10:08:15 PM
Last edit: April 25, 2015, 01:24:25 PM by HasherHub

If i may post a wish for a S6 or S7, this would be 0,25W/GH and a noise level below 30db. Technically this should not be an issue for a legit company as bitmain is  Wink

Kind regards,
elrippo

I'm convinced the S4+ is just an attempt to make the S5 look like a better value, so they'll sell more of them. This is a marketing trick to make the lower priced product seem like a better value.
Meech

Activity: 924

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 02:33:33 AM

That could be and wouldn't surprise me.  Just the same if the S2 upgrade kits ever get released with the initial specs the S5 and S4+ miners won't sell.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 03:24:33 AM

If i may post a wish for a S6 or S7, this would be 0,25W/GH and a noise level below 30db. Technically this should not be an issue for a legit company as bitmain is  Wink

Kind regards,
elrippo

I'm convinced the S4+ is just an attempt to make the S5 look like a better value, so they'll sell more of them. This is a marketing tricking to make the lower priced product seem like a better value.

I don't know if I would say that.  If you had a warehouse or huge operation this would be a nice product as far as the amount of hash it brings.

With not being 110 its not a product for all, but there are some out there that are it's "ideal" customers.
padrino
Legendary

Activity: 1428

https://www.bitworks.io

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2015, 01:48:58 PM

If i may post a wish for a S6 or S7, this would be 0,25W/GH and a noise level below 30db. Technically this should not be an issue for a legit company as bitmain is  Wink

Kind regards,
elrippo

I'm convinced the S4+ is just an attempt to make the S5 look like a better value, so they'll sell more of them. This is a marketing tricking to make the lower priced product seem like a better value.

I don't know if I would say that.  If you had a warehouse or huge operation this would be a nice product as far as the amount of hash it brings.

With not being 110 its not a product for all, but there are some out there that are it's "ideal" customers.

Ideal customers, anyone that cares about power efficiency and has plumbed 205V+ in already? I paid all of $150 to have an electrician drop in two 240V 20A circuits and they've been paying for themselves with EVGA, LEPA, Antminer, other PSUs running an average of almost 10% more efficient.

1CPi7VRihoF396gyYYcs2AdTEF8KQG2BCR
https://www.bitworks.io
HasherHub

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 03:15:44 PM

Kind regards,
elrippo

I don't know if I would say that.  If you had a warehouse or huge operation this would be a nice product as far as the amount of hash it brings.

Ideal customers, anyone that cares about power efficiency and has plumbed 205V+ in already? I paid all of $150 to have an electrician drop in two 240V 20A circuits and they've been paying for themselves with EVGA, LEPA, Antminer, other PSUs running an average of almost 10% more efficient.
And your $150 get's thrown right out the window when you realize that the s4+ is an extra $200 more than the equivalent 2 S5s. And so your 240v line is saving you what? 3 cents an hour?
Evan

Activity: 507

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 03:20:48 PM

The included PSU cannot be used in countries with a mains power voltage lower than 205V. The PSU will not start below this voltage.

Does this mean a Home in the USA can not use this as its only 110 service?

I am poor, but i do work for Coin Smiley
1PtHcavXoakgNkQfEQdvnvEksEY2NvwaLM
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2015, 03:39:15 PM

The included PSU cannot be used in countries with a mains power voltage lower than 205V. The PSU will not start below this voltage.

That's exactly what it means.  Unless you've got your home wired with some double pole breakers that'll give you the 240V, this product is not for you.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
Evan

Activity: 507

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 03:41:21 PM

That's exactly what it means.  Unless you've got your home wired with some double pole breakers that'll give you the 240V, this product is not for you.

Aren't American Dryers 220v?

I am poor, but i do work for Coin Smiley
1PtHcavXoakgNkQfEQdvnvEksEY2NvwaLM
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2015, 03:43:42 PM

Aren't American Dryers 220v?
Good luck convincing the little lady that she's got to hang your clothes out to dry because you're replacing her dryer with some miners Tongue.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: