Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:09:54 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER S4+ Discussion and Support Thread  (Read 20078 times)
scyth3

Activity: 490
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 05:10:34 PM

If absolutely nothing is happening then its power related. That can be short protection kicked in, undervolt protection (not it) or something else. Have a look about for any small bits of heatsink that may have come off during shipping, and if you can give the case a shake to check for any noise. Then it'd be on to opening up the PSU, but that is NOT something recommended as its dangerous.

Don't hear or see any loose pieces. All connectors are connected.

Contact the Zendesk to arrange a replacement then: bitmain.zendesk.com

This was a PSU issue. Bitmain is arranging a replacement PSU. Thanks for your help.
supertee

Activity: 689
Merit: 260

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2015, 01:03:31 PM

Hi guys

I got 3 more S4+ devices so I decided to put them into a rack.. Unfortunately I wasn't able to put them in a rack, they just didn't really fit so I gave up after 5 minutes... the brackets don't really fit and the screws are too long, so it's a bit annoying. However, I decided to put them into the rack, without mounting them.. I just put a floor panel from our datacenter at the bottom of the rack so I could stack the miners on top of it...

One of them makes fancy noises, must be a fan, I remember Dogie wrote somewhere that he had such a noise, too. Some more miners will arrive next week.. Smiley

Regards
supertee

Passion.
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2015, 01:23:14 PM

One of them makes fancy noises, must be a fan, I remember Dogie wrote somewhere that he had such a noise, too. Some more miners will arrive next week.. Smiley

My money would be on one of the fans being ever so slightly misbalanced, which at those RPMs generates some exotic sounding vibrations. I had it on my S4, not much you can do other than add in rubber isolation pad.

Jepido22

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 01:04:54 AM

Hello , I bought some antminer s4 + and have the problem, connect and alcabo 30 minutes the temperature reaches 90 degrees and stops for safety. the equipment is brand new and will work all the fans, I need please help me ...
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 01:07:30 AM

Hello , I bought some antminer s4 + and have the problem, connect and alcabo 30 minutes the temperature reaches 90 degrees and stops for safety. the equipment is brand new and will work all the fans, I need please help me ...

What is your ambient temperature like? Are all blades getting this hot or one specific blade? To hit 90 is not really good.   Is it overclocked heavily?

What pool is it connected to just out of curiosity?
Jepido22

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 01:21:35 AM

the ambient temperature is 32 degrees, is working with other antminer s4 that go great temperature 52 degrees , this is new s4 + bitmain purchased directly from ... I can not do.
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2015, 01:33:00 AM

the ambient temperature is 32 degrees, is working with other antminer s4 that go great temperature 52 degrees , this is new s4 + bitmain purchased directly from ... I can not do.

32C should be fine, mine is running in much hotter than that. Do you have sufficient space either side for airflow? Its not receiving hot air from other miners is it?

Jepido22

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 01:42:44 AM

It has enough space also she is in the top of the tower where it should have better temperature .... as if the team I made ​​him overclocked ..
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2015, 03:14:25 AM

It has enough space also she is in the top of the tower where it should have better temperature .... as if the team I made ​​him overclocked ..

Can you show us a picture of your rack please?

Evan

Activity: 507
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 01:01:17 PM

Dogie... I got my Water Cooling Block last night and set up! Smiley

And I think I'm in love... Everything is running at 45C... that's a Whole ~20-25C drop in over all temp......

Pics to follow this weekend.

And We can all start talking about how to get them to all of you that want/need them.

I am poor, but i do work for Coin Smiley
1PtHcavXoakgNkQfEQdvnvEksEY2NvwaLM
crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 07:57:28 PM

Nice to see a bigger unit come about however that power ratio in UK would not even RIO on machine from generation of coins minted to cost of about £0.14 per KWH With the massive spikes in diff and no doubt bigger spikes when these units are about and online it will kill any profit made from them. If the power was half the use of what it is now and having to use a 1600w psu  and reduced down to 700 would be a massive improvement. Think going to wait for next gen of  chips to come out for that to happen.

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
scyth3

Activity: 490
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 06:45:49 AM

If absolutely nothing is happening then its power related. That can be short protection kicked in, undervolt protection (not it) or something else. Have a look about for any small bits of heatsink that may have come off during shipping, and if you can give the case a shake to check for any noise. Then it'd be on to opening up the PSU, but that is NOT something recommended as its dangerous.

This was a PSU issue. Bitmain is arranging a replacement PSU. Thanks for your help.

OK, I am starting to get irked by Bitmain's customer service. I reported the problem to them 12 days ago. First they asked me to take pictures of the inside, I did. Then they asked me to do all the diagnostic work by taking the miner apart and using a different PSU to power it, I did. Then they asked me for pictures of inside the defective PSU, I sent them. They tell me to wait patiently 4 days ago for a replacement PSU, still nothing shipped. Just now they asked me to send the defective PSU to China out of my own pocket. How can I get this taken care of?
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 07:06:08 AM

OK, I am starting to get irked by Bitmain's customer service. I reported the problem to them 12 days ago. First they asked me to take pictures of the inside, I did. Then they asked me to do all the diagnostic work by taking the miner apart and using a different PSU to power it, I did. Then they asked me for pictures of inside the defective PSU, I sent them. They tell me to wait patiently 4 days ago for a replacement PSU, still nothing shipped. Just now they asked me to send the defective PSU to China out of my own pocket. How can I get this taken care of?

Has your shipment made it to their address yet?  I imagine they will look at it and make sure you shipped a PSU before they send out on their side.  Also it's weekend so I woulld give it a few day now (And yes I understand that is not fun as a miner).

Next week give them another email if they don't ship it out asking status.  And if you really have problem they have US and China support that you can call and talk to someone.
crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 03:23:40 PM

Question for bitmain if in here. Are you going to be looking to do Scrypt miners or other algos like on the scrypt miner you had with the C1 any news or upates regarding if going to be venturing into others?

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 05:18:10 PM

Question for bitmain if in here. Are you going to be looking to do Scrypt miners or other algos like on the scrypt miner you had with the C1 any news or upates regarding if going to be venturing into others?

I think it's a pretty safe bet to say no.  They did a lot of work into looking into it before and thought it was not going to work out.  At one time I had 2 ordered I think of the L1's and they ended up canceling everyone's orders and giving money back plus a few percent I think.   

But alt market game is tough I really doubt they go over to it especially after the L1 stuff.
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2015, 03:49:49 PM

Nice to see a bigger unit come about however that power ratio in UK would not even RIO on machine from generation of coins minted to cost of about £0.14 per KWH With the massive spikes in diff and no doubt bigger spikes when these units are about and online it will kill any profit made from them. If the power was half the use of what it is now and having to use a 1600w psu  and reduced down to 700 would be a massive improvement. Think going to wait for next gen of  chips to come out for that to happen.

Your power costs are insane, I'm paying £0.089 inc tax.

Digitalmocking

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 10:06:03 PM

Two issues with my new s4+ so far:

1) Mining on westhash has locked the box up twice within two hours of mining.  Moving it to kano.is or btcguild.com, no lockups.
2) The screws that come with the s4+ are too big to allow you to mount it in a 19" rack.  Really?  I spend 1000 bucks for something I can't even rack mount because its got the wrong screws?

The screw thing is beyond annoying :p
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 10:53:21 PM

1) Mining on westhash has locked the box up twice within two hours of mining.  Moving it to kano.is or btcguild.com, no lockups.
2) The screws that come with the s4+ are too big to allow you to mount it in a 19" rack.  Really?  I spend 1000 bucks for something I can't even rack mount because its got the wrong screws?

Nicehash does not use a regular stratum server.  I don't think smit has made a unofficial firmware for S4+ for it but I cold be wrong.

The other pools dont require the patch so they run better then nicehash does.

Digitalmocking

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 10:58:57 PM

Nicehash does not use a regular stratum server.  I don't think smit has made a unofficial firmware for S4+ for it but I cold be wrong.

The other pools dont require the patch so they run better then nicehash does.

Yeah, I don't mind really, I can just on one of the bigger pools until/if smit does an s4+ firmware. Smiley
supertee

Activity: 689
Merit: 260

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2015, 05:06:10 AM

same thing here, not rackmountable, very annoying..

Passion.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: