Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:01:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER S4+ Discussion and Support Thread  (Read 20065 times)
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 05:13:22 AM

same thing here, not rackmountable, very annoying..

I'm very surprised that they are not rack mountable they had been following that on regular S4's.   But I guess a lot of asic data centers use shelves and not racks.

So maybe they had asic data centers in mind?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Digitalmocking

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 05:23:35 AM

I'm going to find some flat headed screws tomorrow and take care of that, it doesn't need much in the way of clearance.

Will let you know what I source.
supertee

Activity: 689
Merit: 260

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2015, 05:31:08 AM

I'm very surprised that they are not rack mountable they had been following that on regular S4's.   But I guess a lot of asic data centers use shelves and not racks.

So maybe they had asic data centers in mind?

They sell it as rackmountable device, which it is not... so it is no excuse that you usually have it on a shelve.... Smiley

May it is enough if you leave away the ring washer, I didn't try that and just put them in the rack, as in my pictures above.

Passion.
supertee

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2015, 09:31:59 PM

btw: it would be great if it was possible to restrict ui access, I only want the miner to be accessible from one (or more) ips... would appreciate if bitmain tech could add this feature in a future firmware upgrade Smiley

Well, it happened! All of my S4+ (6 in total) have been hijacked...

I have different passwords for each device, and they are bulletproof... I've read some posts here and it seems that the developers of cgminer have reported that this will happend to bitmaintech but they didn't care... Even KNC Miner Neptune can restrict access to specific IPs... Seems like the only solution is to put the devices behind a firewall, which is a bit annoying, as the solution would be so easy!

Why can I not access the device by ssh and adjust cgminer api? It keeps telling me access denied (on all devices), altough password is correct for sure... Is there some kinda default user/password for ssh?

Thanks for your help

Passion.
Evan

Activity: 507
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 12:13:47 AM

btw: it would be great if it was possible to restrict ui access, I only want the miner to be accessible from one (or more) ips... would appreciate if bitmain tech could add this feature in a future firmware upgrade Smiley

I have different passwords for each device, and they are bulletproof... I've read some posts here and it seems that the developers of cgminer have reported that this will happend to bitmaintech but they didn't care... Even KNC Miner Neptune can restrict access to specific IPs... Seems like the only solution is to put the devices behind a firewall, which is a bit annoying, as the solution would be so easy!

Why can I not access the device by ssh and adjust cgminer api? It keeps telling me access denied (on all devices), altough password is correct for sure... Is there some kinda default user/password for ssh?

Thanks for your help

Profitable.....

https://www.nicehash.com/?p=miners&a=1&addr=1NH8i5MPB16K57fNLXeeffBXD3mHhufviR

I am poor, but i do work for Coin Smiley
1PtHcavXoakgNkQfEQdvnvEksEY2NvwaLM
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 12:36:40 AM

Thanks for your help

This would be very scary.   Is your miners in a data center with other?  Or are you hosting at your house?

Anyways wish you best of luck stopping it.  If home I would see about locking down your router.   Start there for security.

Evan

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 12:42:38 AM

Thanks for your help

This would be very scary.   Is your miners in a data center with other?  Or are you hosting at your house?

Anyways wish you best of luck stopping it.  If home I would see about locking down your router.   Start there for security.

spending 15min looking at this I am going to assume datacenter, or like a college network, and I think I've figured out how to do this via the network. Its kind of scary the security gaps in bitmains gear

so without logging in I can send via the network /etc/init.d/cgminer restart  .........  sooo that stands to reason...

You could just scan your local network and see all the other bitmain gear then....set them to work for you.

Digitalmocking

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 01:18:56 AM

First thing I did was put an ACL on the switch my bitmain gear is connected to cutting off all traffic other than outbound or management from my workstation.

There was a thread about this months and months ago or maybe in the product thread for the s4 or s5?
Romanko

Activity: 325
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 10:10:08 AM

Thanks for your help

Hello!

Part of my s4 models were rock mounted , but after Recieved sp35 I have put them instead because they are thinner. No trouble rock mounting the S4 model, they had in the set the mounting ears. Isn't the s4+ with the same dimensions as s4?

Also sorry for your troubles with the high jacked devices. I thought there is a reset button on the front that resets passwords to root.

I also wrote you a PM..check it out!
supertee

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2015, 10:54:56 AM

This would be very scary.   Is your miners in a data center with other?  Or are you hosting at your house?

Anyways wish you best of luck stopping it.  If home I would see about locking down your router.   Start there for security.

I have them in my datacenter, directly attached to the internet for testing purposes. Of course it is an easy thing to put them behind a firewall, but this should not be possible... However, I reset them, changed the IPs, changed the ssh password and will put the behind a firewall as soon as I am back at the datacenter. Smiley

But it seems to be very easy to get hashpower from bitmain products without buying bitmain products...  Grin Grin

I rather wonder how they got my ips?  Huh

Passion.
Evan

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 11:18:30 AM

I have them in my datacenter, directly attached to the internet for testing purposes. Of course it is an easy thing to put them behind a firewall, but this should not be possible... However, I reset them, changed the IPs, changed the ssh password and will put the behind a firewall as soon as I am back at the datacenter. Smiley

But it seems to be very easy to get hashpower from bitmain products without buying bitmain products...  Grin Grin

I rather wonder how they got my ips?  Huh

One might assume by the type of traffic, or it could be someone in the datacenter

supertee

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2015, 11:21:16 AM

There is no access to that part of the datacenter and nobody can see the traffic... might a pool got hacked or something like that?

Passion.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 12:39:13 PM

There is no access to that part of the datacenter and nobody can see the traffic... might a pool got hacked or something like that?

There should be no access in data center but things can happen that should not. I suggest looking into the center. 

What pool were you using?   We can tell more about pool troubles knowing it.
supertee

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2015, 01:09:28 PM

It is my datacenter, I know that it is in a room where nobody has access.  Wink

I was on bitminter and kano with the devices.

Passion.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 01:37:33 PM

It is my datacenter, I know that it is in a room where nobody has access.  Wink

I don't believe either of those have been hacked, at least not that I know about. And with them changing pool makes me think someone accessing machine, as if they had the pool they would still let the miners all mine to it and take the block rewards.

I highly suggest looking at your security logs to see if outside IP was connected during time range it switched.  I don't mean physical access but remote via internet.

I have some on a IP and they have never been hacked (i have hardened my router to help).  But if you look at security breaches things that should not happen, does not mean it cannot happen.
supertee

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2015, 01:56:53 PM

I attached them directly to the internet, too lazy to set something up for my testrun. Grin

Passion.
Evan

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 02:09:57 PM

Check your Logs, see where the change came from, also update your passwords.

From what I understand its a flaw in the bitmain system. And people could just be scanning for devices. Its not hard to scan a full subnet for a device that reports it's self as Antminer, then launch a relatively non-sophisticated attack.

dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2015, 02:33:46 PM

Check your Logs, see where the change came from, also update your passwords.

From what I understand its a flaw in the bitmain system. And people could just be scanning for devices. Its not hard to scan a full subnet for a device that reports it's self as Antminer, then launch a relatively non-sophisticated attack.

This was looked at previously. It requires publicly accessible IP addresses which co-locations often use. Secure your gear behind a firewall.

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 03:34:11 PM

I attached them directly to the internet, too lazy to set something up for my testrun. Grin

This would explain it.  It's not just about physical access.  If your putting any device miner or other put up a firewall unless for some reason you cannot have it.

Now that they have seen those IP's you for sure need to change them from test run to regular behind router and possibly other equipment if it's a true data center.
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2015, 04:06:08 PM

Now that they have seen those IP's you for sure need to change them from test run to regular behind router and possibly other equipment if it's a true data center.

Yep. They'll have added those IPs to the script they use so regardless of how many times you reset it, the script will still change it back when it runs. It may even be entirely operated, just scouting around for open IPs and hardware.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: