Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 01:18:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: Plz help a noob  (Read 1395 times)
cadaf (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 11:37:11 AM

I greatly appreciate help on this subject. I've been up two nights trying to figure out my life. I have one S3 up and mining via slush pool. I have two more s3's on me and I'm working to try and setup the first of those two. Both of these s3's have been hard reset(probably not the right idea here)by me due to other networking issues I've now worked through. Ive changed to DHCP.... updated the most up to date frimware for the s3 from bitmain, copy and pasted my slush pool link, and re-re-re-verified this worker and password. I no longer have the red error message on my miner configuration page.... but I'm not clocking shit under my miner status either....... Help would be muchhhhhh appreciated. And if your in colorado drinks+ on me..... i dying out here BTCBTCBTC Undecided
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 02:54:06 PM

I greatly appreciate help on this subject. I've been up two nights trying to figure out my life. I have one S3 up and mining via slush pool. I have two more s3's on me and I'm working to try and setup the first of those two. Both of these s3's have been hard reset(probably not the right idea here)by me due to other networking issues I've now worked through. Ive changed to DHCP.... updated the most up to date frimware for the s3 from bitmain, copy and pasted my slush pool link, and re-re-re-verified this worker and password. I no longer have the red error message on my miner configuration page.... but I'm not clocking shit under my miner status either....... Help would be muchhhhhh appreciated. And if your in colorado drinks+ on me..... i dying out here BTCBTCBTC Undecided

to help us understand your problem better, did you followed this guide, to reset it?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=697474.0
cadaf (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 05:26:33 PM

Thank you Admin for taking me out of that situation before people started getting upset. I have tried the reset on that guide.... numerous times and the part I'm not understanding is how i get them on my network and not hashing? the worker setup for slush pool I'm running is

statum+tcp://stratum.bitcoin.cz:3333

worker info etc etc
cadaf (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 05:48:57 PM

wondering if i vlan'ed these things if i could potentially get clocking that way? anybody tried? not much on the internet about that
bigbitmine

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Big Bit Mine

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 05:53:27 PM

I had all mine set up DHCP and the had no issues.  I'm no good at networking so I found it was the best option for me.

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 05:59:03 PM

wondering if i vlan'ed these things if i could potentially get clocking that way? anybody tried? not much on the internet about that

No there is not a lot of info on virtual lan's with them.  I'm sure it could be done,  but it's just a extra step not needed.

And i know the talk about DHCP.  If you can get it workig static IP is a lot nicer.   Being able to always go to same IP makes it easier.
bigbitmine

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Big Bit Mine

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 06:04:16 PM

No there is not a lot of info on virtual lan's with them.  I'm sure it could be done,  but it's just a extra step not needed.

And i know the talk about DHCP.  If you can get it workig static IP is a lot nicer.   Being able to always go to same IP makes it easier.

Although mine were DHCP my miners held onto the same IP addresses even after they'd been turned off. 

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 06:07:28 PM

Although mine were DHCP my miners held onto the same IP addresses even after they'd been turned off. 

I would guess they still had time on their lease on the IP.  Over time they will change IP's.

I agree if you don't like networking DHCP is easier.  Just with static it never changes. I like to use the IP to name my pool workers, makes it very simple to see if there is a problem
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 06:08:15 PM
Last edit: April 23, 2015, 06:24:27 PM by Amph

Thank you Admin for taking me out of that situation before people started getting upset. I have tried the reset on that guide.... numerous times and the part I'm not understanding is how i get them on my network and not hashing? the worker setup for slush pool I'm running is

worker info etc etc

is the miner working right? i mean can you see it working under cgminer, despite that there aren't shares submitted?
cadaf (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 07:34:36 PM

worker info etc etc

is the miner working right? i mean can you see it working under cgminer, despite that there aren't shares submitted?

pls pls elaborate jus little more..... cg miner runs in terminal right? im on a macbookair which doesent help the ease of this situatuion at all........ lulzzzz
cadaf (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 07:44:45 PM

i rememebr running cgminer w my asic drivers at the begining of this journey but a lil more insight would be greatly appreciated
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 07:45:13 PM

worker info etc etc

pls pls elaborate jus little more..... cg miner runs in terminal right? im on a macbookair which doesent help the ease of this situatuion at all........ lulzzzz

The cgminer should be running on the S3.  They operate on their own.  Are you saying your S3 is not mining? Or computer cgminer is not running?
cadaf (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 07:50:55 PM

worker info etc etc

damn idk i guess...........

my antminers show on my router..... and i can acess the gui...... the disconeect is in them actually showing up as active miners in my slushs pool gui

The cgminer should be running on the S3.  They operate on their own.  Are you saying your S3 is not mining? Or computer cgminer is not running?
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 07:55:56 PM

worker info etc etc

damn idk i guess...........

my antminers show on my router..... and i can acess the gui...... the disconeect is in them actually showing up as active miners in my slushs pool gui

Looks like you typed in the quote, next time go under last quote at bottom and it should show text in right space.

Can you take a screenshot of problem? Maybe if we saw it we might understand better.
cadaf (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 07:57:15 PM

yessir lol been trying to post since that last one keep getting hit w that 360 second rule.... sorry about the quote to a lil to eager to reply... missed my mark.

heres the mining status screencapture

edit: evidentally i need instructions to even post pics Sad damnnn
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 08:01:56 PM

yessir lol been trying to post since that last one keep getting hit w that 360 second rule.... sorry about the quote to a lil to eager to reply... missed my mark.

You should be able to hit the insert image button (the one under itallic button).  Once you hit that put it between the two pieces of code it puts in.

If you cant do that just post a link to the image.
cadaf (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 08:07:32 PM

You should be able to hit the insert image button (the one under itallic button).  Once you hit that put it between the two pieces of code it puts in.

idk if its my mac or me but here we go

http://postimg.org/image/g2l2o00av/b00525c4/

http://postimg.org/image/47cfq2syd/fd58a0fe/
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 08:10:17 PM

I'm not able to tell much from these areas.   Are you able to take a screenshot of the miner configuration page?

With it not mining this page might tell us something.
cadaf (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 08:14:40 PM

I'm not able to tell much from these areas.   Are you able to take a screenshot of the miner configuration page?

course, and heres this along w it.... i now have lost connection to all three miners. I thought i was altering a downed machiene when i cahnged somthing w the lan side of my running one to interfer w it running. but before i did i was cross-refrencing the guis the try and figure this out and noticed that it had only 40 percent of free space availibile.... hopefully that sheds some light

http://postimg.org/image/krv932v2l/8bc8ed75/

and heres miner config
http://postimg.org/image/ib773dcaf/6ed0a99f/
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 08:55:10 PM

course, and heres this along w it.... i now have lost connection to all three miners. I thought i was altering a downed machiene when i cahnged somthing w the lan side of my running one to interfer w it running. but before i did i was cross-refrencing the guis the try and figure this out and noticed that it had only 40 percent of free space availibile.... hopefully that sheds some light

http://postimg.org/image/krv932v2l/8bc8ed75/

and heres miner config
http://postimg.org/image/ib773dcaf/6ed0a99f/

I don't see anything off at first glance.  Are you saying now all 3 miners are down now?

I noticed you mention lan changes are you running static or dhcp?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: