Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 07:48:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stay away from ASICSPACE  (Read 7587 times)
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2015, 12:21:30 PM

Just shut the fck up already... god damn

From your first post of this thread, you already sounded too dumb to continue a conversation. I'm surprised others can be so patient with you.

It looks like you want to preserve your little bit of green on your main account. I warn you only once now. Stop the hate!

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2015, 12:25:02 PM

What hate? you dont like others to tell you the facts? Read your own posts in this thread again, no contributing just smear BS.

As far as i see, you owe the OP an apology. You got nothing to contribute, only assumptions and bs.

If you only could see the irony in your statement on so many levels then you would laugh. But i think i wont waste more time with you. If you still want to keep me as part of your crusade then you might want to do it elsewhere since youre offtopic in here. And dont forget my previous post since i wont watch that too long of course.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
hannibal3

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 03:37:42 PM

Hello everyone,
my experience with asicspace isn't great either.
in january i sent in an mat miner, which mined there for 1 month.
i did a payment for 6 months and after 1 month my machine stopt working ( in my opinion heat).

i had 2 mail contacts after that and haven't heared from them again.

they are investigating?Huh

in my opinion not a good company.

the hole mining industry is screwed up because of this dishonest companys.
jtoomim

Activity: 818
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2015, 09:55:29 AM
Last edit: July 04, 2015, 07:00:14 AM by jtoomim

When I was at ASICSPACE earlier today, the conditions were considerably improved. The nine flexible ducts that were previously just neutral pressure outside-air intakes have now been connected to a 125 ton portable AC unit on a trailer, powered by what appeared to be a 400 amp 480V 3-phase connection. I didn't go into the cold aisles, but they appeared to be only slightly negatively pressurized relative to the hot aisles, maybe around 10 or 20% of what they had been at before. The general building interior (contiguous with the hot aisles) was strongly positively pressurized relative to the outside air, and the airflow out the open front door was very strong, maybe 50,000 to 100,000 CFM. The exhaust air from S4s felt like about 40 to 45°C, suggesting cold aisle temps around 30 to 35°C. Still high, but no longer unsafe. Most of the miners in their facility appeared to be on and hashing, although I did hear S4 beeps coming from somewhere.

ASICSPACE appears to be making a good faith effort to maintain proper operating conditions in their facility. They are putting a lot of money behind that effort. Unfortunately, they are spending it on the wrong things, like the air conditioning unit instead of a bunch of high-throughput fans. They don't need colder air, they just need more fresh air. However, the AC unit they are renting did come with a large fan inside, so there's that.
I visited ASICSPACE again on Friday, June 26th. Overall cold aisle temperature was similar to what I had seen on May 17th, probably in the upper 30s. Their cooling system had been improved a bit since then, mostly with an evaporative cooling pad in their garage door. However, their changes were only about enough to keep pace with the increasing summer temperatures. Their hot aisle was still pretty strongly positively pressurized, and any holes in their containment (or miners with their fans turned off) resulted in a significant backflow of hot air. It was about 36°C outside when I visited, but the forecast for the next day was for a high of 41-42°C (possibly the hottest it will get all summer), so I recommended that they impose rolling blackouts to keep things under control. I think Robert actually did this.

I said on May 17th that I thought their facility was no longer unsafe. When I said that, I thought that they would have made more progress by now. Temperatures in their facility is close to the border between safe and unsafe. I don't know which side of the line they are on.

I've heard they're getting 50k to 100k cfm more airflow in the next two weeks. If that materializes, that should help. Whether or not it will be enough I cannot say.

Hosting bitcoin miners for $65 to $80/kW/month on clean, cheap hydro power.
http://Toom.im
bitnanigans

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 01:13:01 PM

Can we get some images of their data "hut"? Cheesy
fullintegrity

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 03:54:49 PM

I have several years experience in building these types of area for customers- just like asicspace.
i also know the lack of effort and responsibility for these types services, and the overall general well being of the customers equipment, (it is what insurances are for and that is their mentality), So... I see this whole thread as a stupid is as stupid does, when related to a business decision.
We all have probably been there, and some learned and some never learn
I just heard of a nightmare with another mining host over in that area, and they had gave people about a week to respond to their being booted from a facility, locked up their customers miners, ect.
I believe asicspace quickly jumped on their cusotmers on this mining hosting situation

1Lfx2Dv69BUgs5v18LtcLqFYKuiJvhxPYh
joyteq

Activity: 37

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2015, 09:32:30 PM

Are any ASICSPACE customers here?  My hosted machines stopped hashing Thursday night.  When I entered a support ticket, I got a call back from Robert on Friday indicating that they were moving my machines to a new facility and they should be hashing again within 48 hours.  The machines are still offline now.  Just wondering if any other customers are experiencing the same issue?
Kamino

Activity: 12

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 02:03:57 PM

Are any ASICSPACE customers here?  My hosted machines stopped hashing Thursday night.  When I entered a support ticket, I got a call back from Robert on Friday indicating that they were moving my machines to a new facility and they should be hashing again within 48 hours.  The machines are still offline now.  Just wondering if any other customers are experiencing the same issue?

Does this place still exist? Was anyone ever able to reach them? Their website is still online but their last post was 5 months ago. Looks like this is definitely a hosting service to avoid?
hannibal1

Activity: 5

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2015, 08:25:46 AM

are there other miners who got scammed or have burned miners at asicspace, i am be trying to get (as they say) my broken miner.
I am asking them sent it back for 5 months now.
Every time a diffrent story why they don't sent.
Trying to set up a lawsuit, looking for more people that have experience with this.
GrumpyBear2

Activity: 27

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 09:19:40 PM

are there other miners who got scammed or have burned miners at asicspace, i am be trying to get (as they say) my broken miner.
I am asking them sent it back for 5 months now.
Every time a diffrent story why they don't sent.
Trying to set up a lawsuit, looking for more people that have experience with this.

I've got some Sp20's, S5's and a S4 running there and I'm happy so far. They are very responsive to questions and will do a hard restart of a miner if needed.

The dashboard feature is good and has only had one small/short outage that did not affect the hashing (just remote access). Once I notified them it was quickly fixed.

FYI I live in Washington and drive there to deliver and pick up miners so they don't have to waste time and cost with shipping. That works out well for me.

But I'll make sure during summer to have tempature settings on and may under clock them if needed to keep them from overheating. That's not a problem now with external (outside) temps in the teens (16F).

I'll keep posting as I slowly build out my mining empire there. 😀

Thanks much
pericolotas

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 28, 2016, 06:14:54 PM

Stay out from ASICSPACE.

I was working with them very well from feb 2016 to september 2016, and they gave me a very good service. After september 16, my S7's started to NOT work, and after write incidence and try to contact them, I couldn't.

I payed them in order to send one of the machines, and the machines didn't get out from there.

In september, my machines started to work badly and they stopped the rest of the machines at the end of the month of september.

I try to talk to them, and nobody from ASICSPACE reply me.

Today is november 2016, and i can not contact them!

DON NOT TRUST THEM! BECAREFUL IF YOU WANT TO START TO WORK WITH THEM! 
Eric Mu

Activity: 471
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 02, 2016, 03:51:30 PM

Jesus that's bad. I assume there is no warranty because it is human error.

EDIT: Did they not form an LLC and obtain Liability Insurance? People need to ask to see that.

No insurance is gonna pay for mishandling Sad This would require them to admit to be in the wrong.

That is what liability insurance is for. Mine keeps my clients protected if I fuck up. I have never been sued so over time my rates go down but all that it takes is one major fuck up of incompetence and they would either drop my coverage or jack my rates exponentially but at least my client would be covered.

Them not having this is sad.

What is your insurer - they are offering policies covering bitcoin miners?
navigatrix

Activity: 71

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 01:15:09 AM
Last edit: December 25, 2016, 11:20:47 AM by navigatrix

I think everyone who has had these problems with AsicSpace should get together.

I have 15 miners there. 1 S9 got 'toasty' and failed, per one of Robert's scarce text messages. I've tried to arrange to get it back so I can get it fixed or at least tinker with it myself, but no luck. It doesn't seem anyone is ever at the facility.

Four days ago all but one of my miners went strange. They mined intermittently, failing over to the last choice pool, with ridiculous rejection rates (As high as 80%). Now only 4 show up at all, with hash rates in the 200 GH range. Numerous texts have been ignored. Yesterday he texted me 'someone will be there Wednesday'. Well, it's Wednesday at 5 pm and there is no change. Here's BTC at $840 and the majority of my hashpower is out for the count. 70 TH/s is down to about 6 TH/s.

========================================
Update: It turns out that a switch failed, and it took 5 days to get a new one due to winter storms delaying shipment.
Seems to be a strong argument that they should keep spares in stock...

Also it doesn't explain why the customer service is so crappy. If they just said on Day 1 that they had a bad switch and needed to send for a new one it would have been a lot better.
I shouldn't have to badger them to find out what's going on. A proactive message to those affected would help a lot in building confidence in this business. Honestly I don't think they care.
blockchainmines

Activity: 84

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 04:00:10 PM

I think everyone who has had these problems with AsicSpace should get together.

I have 15 miners there. 1 S9 got 'toasty' and failed, per one of Robert's scarce text messages. I've tried to arrange to get it back so I can get it fixed or at least tinker with it myself, but no luck. It doesn't seem anyone is ever at the facility.

Four days ago all but one of my miners went strange. They mined intermittently, failing over to the last choice pool, with ridiculous rejection rates (As high as 80%). Now only 4 show up at all, with hash rates in the 200 GH range. Numerous texts have been ignored. Yesterday he texted me 'someone will be there Wednesday'. Well, it's Wednesday at 5 pm and there is no change. Here's BTC at $840 and the majority of my hashpower is out for the count. 70 TH/s is down to about 6 TH/s.

========================================
Update: It turns out that a switch failed, and it took 5 days to get a new one due to winter storms delaying shipment.
Seems to be a strong argument that they should keep spares in stock...

Also it doesn't explain why the customer service is so crappy. If they just said on Day 1 that they had a bad switch and needed to send for a new one it would have been a lot better.
I shouldn't have to badger them to find out what's going on. A proactive message to those affected would help a lot in building confidence in this business. Honestly I don't think they care.

Does anyone who had miners there have the address they shipped their miners too?  Is so please contact me, I might be able to help. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: