Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 05:08:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What should the punishment be for women who do not use Bitcoin?
a fine - 7 (15.9%)
jail time - 2 (4.5%)
Gulag - 14 (31.8%)
gas chamber - 21 (47.7%)
Total Voters: 44

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What should the government do to make women start using Bitcoin?  (Read 3659 times)
Kyraishi

Activity: 952
Merit: 513

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 02:00:43 PM

Hmm, let' see....

What should the punishment be for women who do not use Bitcoin?
a) a fine
b) jail time
c) Gulag
d) gas chamber

OR,

e) just explain to them that it's money, and that there are a lot of geeks that have lot's of it but never had a girlfriend before (apart from the virtual ones  Shocked ) .....  Wink

desired_username

Activity: 879
Merit: 1013

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 03:00:29 PM

why does bitcoin need to be based on gender?
we're all humans and what's the point if women starts using it?

i think its better if companies would use it

I think at some point we all need to get real and ask the question, why would anyone use it?

My next door neighbor would like to know why he should go through the difficult process of buying bitcoins so he can then go out and buy something that he could have bought already with the debit card in his pocket. He'd like to know why he should add the extra step.

Every so often, he'll ask me if I have his answer yet. Embarrassed

Bitcoin is voluntary. Nobody "should" use it.

If he lived his life so far without any issues with centralized payment solutions  - with their inherent limits and annoyances - and the properties of fiat money are acceptable for him then he shouldn't use bitcoin.

It's also worth to consider how early bitcoin is. I think the protocol won't be ready for mainstream for a few years more at least.
louise123

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 03:52:08 PM

Education is the key here.

Educate them (not just women) and you will see that a large portion of them will show interest.
If you don't then all they know about it is what they hear in the news - which is not good publicity so far.

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                ▄███
             ▄███▌ █
            ▀▀▀██▄  █
          ▄███▄▄ ▀▀▀█
         █ █████▀▀▀▄▄
        ▄██ ███▄    █
       ▐███▀   ▀█   █
       ████     █   █
      ▄██▀▄█▄▄▄█▀   █
      ▀▄▄███▌      █
  ▄▄▄▀▀▀████       █
▄▀    ██ ██       █
▐▌     ██▌▐▌      ▀▄
█      ██ █         ▀▄
█      █▀▄▌          █
█   ▄▀█▄██           █
█ ▄▀      ▀▀▄▄▀▄     █
▀▀             █    █
              █  ▄▀
              ▀▄█
     ▀█████████████▄▄
 ▀ ▀▀▀███████████████▌
  ▀ ▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ▄███████▄      ▄▄███████▄    ▄███▄    ▄███▄ ▄███▄      ▄███▄
▀ ▀▀▀▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▌       ▄████▀▀▀████▄   ▐████▀▀█████   ▀████▄ ▄████▀ █████▄    ▄█████
   ▀▀███████████████▀       █████     ████▌          ████▌    ▀████████▀    █████▄  ▄█████▌
  ▀ ▀████████████████▀ ▀    ██████████████▌   ▄▄██████████     ▄██████▄      █████▄▄█████▌
    ██████      ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀ █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    █████▀▀▀█████    ▄████████▄      ██████████▌
    ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▄ ▄    ████▄▄   ▄▄█▄   ████▄  ▄█████ ▄█████▀▀█████▄     ████████▌
    █████████████████▀        ▀███████████   ▀████████████  ████▀    ▀████      ██████▌
    ██████████████▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀    ▀▀        ▀▀        █████
                                                                               ▄█████
                                                                           ▄███████▀
                                                                           ▀████▀▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|█████████████████
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
  WHITEPAPER 
 LIGHTPAPER
|Instant Deposit
✓ 24/7 Support
Referral Program
hunnaryb

Activity: 506
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 07:50:07 PM

Government should start a workshop on creating the awareness level of bitcoins to the society and womens should be invited for free without charging anything from them as the womens are the best when it comes to shopping so they must be motivated to use bitcoin as more as possible.

▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

mearylll

Activity: 315

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 09:09:50 PM

Government should start a workshop on creating the awareness level of bitcoins to the society and womens should be invited for free without charging anything from them as the womens are the best when it comes to shopping so they must be motivated to use bitcoin as more as possible.

I think government should ban fiat currency and the usage of credit cards that will make women to attract towards bitcoin and that will make bitcoin community more richer one as womens population is atleast 40% across the globe so if they get into bitcoins then it can be a profitable venture.
PenguinFire

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

That Darn Cat

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 09:27:54 PM

What?  I am not in favor of government forcing anyone, female or not, to do anything.

stromma44

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 06:16:31 AM

Women are so used to Credit Cards nowadays so its really difficult that start using bitcoin and we don't need any gender base for the use of bitcoins. If we educate them regarding bitcoin then we can see the huge difference in the usage of bitcoins but the main thing is women should have faith in bitcoin.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 07:09:15 AM

I think government should ban fiat currency and the usage of credit cards that will make women to attract towards bitcoin and that will make bitcoin community more richer one as womens population is atleast 40% across the globe so if they get into bitcoins then it can be a profitable venture.

they can't ban their own currency, it would be stupid for them... women will eventually follow adoption, when it become more wider it will come naturally, you can't force them for sure

but besides this, what about transgender and other category like that? does they also need to use bitcoin
nerFohanzo

Activity: 631

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 09:42:21 AM

they can't ban their own currency, it would be stupid for them... women will eventually follow adoption, when it become more wider it will come naturally, you can't force them for sure

but besides this, what about transgender and other category like that? does they also need to use bitcoin

Yup that's true women should start using adoption of bitcoin that will make bitcoin more popular and I believe the users of bitcoin should introduce it to their friends and family so that they are aware about the bitcoin and start using it as mode of payment.
shulio
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 01:33:32 PM

Yup that's true women should start using adoption of bitcoin that will make bitcoin more popular and I believe the users of bitcoin should introduce it to their friends and family so that they are aware about the bitcoin and start using it as mode of payment.

Even if you introduce it to women, there will be only a little that want to know about this because woman like things to be practical and easy and everything that could be used to buy with bitcoin can be buy with fiat as well so I dont think that woman will take this seriously especially it is not easy for some woman to operate technology thing like opening wallet and such
Mt. Gox

Activity: 350
Merit: 118

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 03:28:13 PM

Those who identify as transgender will probably have the same needs and requirements as those whose gender identity corresponds to the sex they were born with.

Even if you introduce it to women, there will be only a little that want to know about this because woman like things to be practical and easy and everything that could be used to buy with bitcoin can be buy with fiat as well so I dont think that woman will take this seriously especially it is not easy for some woman to operate technology thing like opening wallet and such

Sounds like a temporary problem then. Using Bitcoin today is much easier than using Bitcoin in 2013 which was much easier than using Bitcoin in 2012 which was much easier than using Bitcoin in 2011 which was... You get the idea. There will be more and more tech startups competing for the opportunity to bring cryptocurrency to the masses. I don't see why this trend won't continue. There are already several cryptocurrency-related services out there (e.g. GEMZ) which are aimed at women more so than men.

Dear GOD/GODS and/or anyone else who can HELP ME (e.g. MEMBERS OF SUPER-INTELLIGENT ALIEN CIVILIZATIONS): The next time I wake up, please change my physical form to that of FINN MCMILLAN of SOUTH NEW BRIGHTON at 8 YEARS OLD and keep it that way FOREVER. I am so sick of this chubby Asian man body! Thank you! - CHAUL JHIN KIM (a.k.a. A DESPERATE SOUL) P.S. If anyone is reading this then please pray for me! [ www.chauljhin.com ]
umaOuma

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 05:58:31 PM

That's true that women are so used to credit cards and fiat currrency that bitcoin will not attract them unless they see any profitable which will attract them but the involvement of women should be there to increase the  bitcoin community so if there are more users the prices will also go high.
gripflierGO

Activity: 533

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 09:18:50 PM

That's true that women are so used to credit cards and fiat currrency that bitcoin will not attract them unless they see any profitable which will attract them but the involvement of women should be there to increase the  bitcoin community so if there are more users the prices will also go high.

I don't think the involvement of women will make any difference to bitcoin community as gender is not at all important when it comes to the adoption of bitcoin we just need to hope that more and more people start adopting bitcoin as a currency to make the community bigger n bigger whether it is men or women.
deluxeCITY

Activity: 532

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 09:29:20 PM

What?  I am not in favor of government forcing anyone, female or not, to do anything.

This is the perfect answer, no one should be forced to do anything and if we face the reality they will not be forced. However this is not what the OP is getting at, he is aiming it at the reporters who feel that there should be more women in bitcoin and that is a constant whine from them. Maybe they should report on the good that bitcoin is instead of the negative and maybe woman may pay more attention lol. Once our females have the option to shop at a reduced rate without us males seeing the credit card statements I don't see them not using it for long. Positive publicity in the right place. @ Op to answer your vote, I vote they need some jailtime for not using it yet
RitzBitzz

Activity: 331

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 11:33:45 PM

women can join whenever they want and you cant force them to join either its called free will.
Lorenzo

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 01:43:26 AM

I don't think the involvement of women will make any difference to bitcoin community as gender is not at all important when it comes to the adoption of bitcoin we just need to hope that more and more people start adopting bitcoin as a currency to make the community bigger n bigger whether it is men or women.

If Bitcoin wants to get as many people as it can under its roof as possible then I think it makes sense to consider strategies which target specific groups who might otherwise not be interested in Bitcoin. Women represent 50% of the global population and have different needs and requirements compared with men and respond differently to different types of marketing. Any demographic that has the potential to be tapped into should IMHO be tapped into. Whether that be women, kids, Eastern Europeans, poor people, rich people, gay people, old people, Black people, and so on.
BlitzandBitz

Activity: 248
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 01:53:50 AM

I feel like there is a good amount of women on here they just don't say anything because they are not e-whores.

If Bitcoin wants to get as many people as it can under its roof as possible then I think it makes sense to consider strategies which target specific groups who might otherwise not be interested in Bitcoin. Women represent 50% of the global population and have different needs and requirements compared with men and respond differently to different types of marketing. Any demographic that has the potential to be tapped into should IMHO be tapped into. Whether that be women, kids, Eastern Europeans, poor people, rich people, gay people, old people, Black people, and so on.
Buttknuckle

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

★YoBit.Net★ 100+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 02:53:15 AM

You left out a choice:  Women who dont use bitcoin should be forced to date a nerd.

Earlier today I spent about 30 mins explaining BTC to my wife (who is a physicist).  I talked about things like hash rate, mining, pools, etc, you know the basic stuff every noob should know.

She asked a few questions, and when I was all done telling her about it her final response was "so why is bitcoin worth anything again?"

On another topic, it needs to be more accessible to become more popular.  I recently bought my first BTC and it was a PITA.  Plus turning cash into coins is a slow and expensive process.  I could see it becoming more popular if there was an easy to DL secure smartphone app that could be used to buy bitcoins CHEAPLY and QUICKLY (none of this waiting a week for the bank transfer to go through, or a 5% fee for CC purchase)

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: