Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:15:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I start Investing USD? (Betterment?)  (Read 4186 times)
Undermood
Legendary

Activity: 950
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 07:40:46 AM

Dollar is still the number one currency in the world. We can invest some amount to it and need to allocate some to other investment to spread the risk.

╓▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄╖,
         ,▄██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▄,
        ▄████▀▀░░        ░╙▀▓███▓,
      ,███╣▒▒▒░░╓╖╖╖╖╖╖,░░░▒▒╢▓▓▓[
     ╓▓██▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓╢▓▓▓▓
    ╖▒▓▓▓▓▓██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▓▓▓▓▒░,
   ╫▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒               "▓▓▓▓▓▓  ╟
  ▐▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓╖              ▓▓▓▓▓▓░  ]
 ,▓▓░░░░╙▓▓▓▓▓▄           ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓`░░ ▐▓▌
 ╟▓▓▌░░░ ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓         ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░╓▓▓▓
 ╟▓▓▓▓   ░`▓▓▓▓▓▓,      ╟▓▓▓▓▓╜░░░░╓▓▓▓▓
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓,░ ░ ▓▓▓▓▓▓╖   ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒░╟▓▓▓▓▌
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓╖░   ╙▓▓▓▓▓▌ ╓██████▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓`
   ╙▓▓▓▓▓▌  ░░╙▓▓▓▓▓▓█████▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓  ░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓╢╣╢╢▓███▓█▀
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓@░░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████▀
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▄░▒▒░▓▓▓▓▓▓██████▀▀
            ╙▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀`
InfinitusToken.io
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███

███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
   ███
⚑⚑ Read our Whitepaper
⚑⚑ Medium ⚑⚑ Telegram
[/ta

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 12:11:06 PM

Dollar is still the number one currency in the world. We can invest some amount to it and need to allocate some to other investment to spread the risk.

Yes for now dollar is the number one currency? Howw about in decades? You can invest it in gold or silver is higher profit because everytime gold always in a good price and always go high never going down, if its going down it will be for a while then it will going up again
stromma44

Activity: 952

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 07:05:22 PM

That's an better option. USD is the King of currency at present and will continue to be in future too. I would prefer to invest in USD as there is no risk involved with it. It's ruling the world and it will rule the world but should also invest part of the money in gold.
mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 08:01:44 PM

Its good that you are financially aware at a younger age, and you already beat 50% of americans from the start.

Just know as you invest, you should always consider limited options: friends and family will want to start a business, or ask for a helping hand, but theres ways to help then throwing your hard years of savings at them.

Just consider all options, before dipping into your pocket.

I would go read the book called millionaire fastlane, if you ever get the chance. The title seems a bit wack, but the content inside is priceless and you`ll gain 15 years based on 1 persons life.
zendantom

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 09:20:01 PM

Yes. Ofcourse.
Investing in USD is an great idea. But keep a part of USD to invest in some other resources. For now would say bitcoins or gold as gold would be definitely the best choice to go for and it also depends on what Capital you hold in your hand depending upon that you can go for best possible option.

techgeek

Activity: 826

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 10:51:02 PM

I give you 3 options

1 bitcoins
2 Gold
3 Stock market

And if you are looking for quick returns then just forget it.. you cant make quick money from above 3 products.
You have to be patient because all these investments are for long run. And if you are looking for quick money then i suggest you to go for betting on sports.  Smiley

There are more options, you can for example buy good whiskey wine or even art if you like. Silver especially in the form of old coins can be a good investment.

Art is too difficult to nail, you never know what will blow up in price, same goes for stuff like whiskey. The stock market gives you the opportunity to invest in anything you like without having to physically own the stuff you want. So instead you could buy stocks for some whiskey factory or for some art convention, rather than owning the actual stuff which IMO is for rich people only.

Avoid art, avoid stock market unless you are into day trading, same with penny stocks.

Avoid all the nonsense, focus on cash flow. Build something for cheap that creates value, and eventually sell that value (your company/project/website) to a bigger fish.

Then focus on a fix principal with a huge cash out you got, and then consider gold and bitcoin. But, still avoid stock market due to day traders effecting the price point.

wearepoor

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 11:57:00 PM

I give you 3 options

1 bitcoins
2 Gold
3 Stock market

And if you are looking for quick returns then just forget it.. you cant make quick money from above 3 products.
You have to be patient because all these investments are for long run. And if you are looking for quick money then i suggest you to go for betting on sports.  Smiley

There are more options, you can for example buy good whiskey wine or even art if you like. Silver especially in the form of old coins can be a good investment.

Art is too difficult to nail, you never know what will blow up in price, same goes for stuff like whiskey. The stock market gives you the opportunity to invest in anything you like without having to physically own the stuff you want. So instead you could buy stocks for some whiskey factory or for some art convention, rather than owning the actual stuff which IMO is for rich people only.

Avoid art, avoid stock market unless you are into day trading, same with penny stocks.

Avoid all the nonsense, focus on cash flow. Build something for cheap that creates value, and eventually sell that value (your company/project/website) to a bigger fish.

Then focus on a fix principal with a huge cash out you got, and then consider gold and bitcoin. But, still avoid stock market due to day traders effecting the price point.

I would put my money on Bitcoin and Gold avoiding the Stock Market as Stock Market is very uncertain You earn a lot in a single day and you also loose everything in a single with nothing in a wallet. So its better to play safe and secure the amount invested.
oblivi

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 01:10:04 AM

Just stay away from fiats, keep it all on metal, stocks (very few) and Bitcoin. All of the fiat you need just keep it on your local fiat, thats what I would personally do.
crastolol

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 10:07:40 AM

Just stay away from fiats, keep it all on metal, stocks (very few) and Bitcoin. All of the fiat you need just keep it on your local fiat, thats what I would personally do.

i agree better to invest in altcoin then fiat, fiat is shitty centralized
Stargazer

Activity: 641
Merit: 253

▰▰▰ Global Cryptocurrency Paymen

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 11:20:30 AM

i agree better to invest in altcoin then fiat, fiat is shitty centralized
But at least you know its real and you're not investing in some scheme. A agree that fiat is not the best investment, but there are much better things than altcoins.

BTCevo
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 12:06:52 PM

You can't ask people to stay away from fiat. With this fiat we use it to buy bitcoin. If you didnt have any fiat how can you invest in bitcoin? How can you do things? You need some like may be 20%-30% fiat then the rest you can use for invest or whatever do you want to do
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 05:12:19 PM

You can't ask people to stay away from fiat. With this fiat we use it to buy bitcoin. If you didnt have any fiat how can you invest in bitcoin? How can you do things? You need some like may be 20%-30% fiat then the rest you can use for invest or whatever do you want to do
And thats why we need serious jobs being paid with BTC. We can't live off the peanuts that you get with a signature campaing, but the thing is I cant think of any other "job" that pays in BTC unless you are running your own business accepting BTC.
Unless we get serious on that area, BTC will always depend on fiat.
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 06:26:13 PM

Long USD, but not because of MSM.  If one believes in deflation, then one believes in the eventual scarcity of USD notes. Eventually, gold will win the day, but not until the dollar cleans up first.  We'll see...
BTCevo
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 06:42:28 PM

And thats why we need serious jobs being paid with BTC. We can't live off the peanuts that you get with a signature campaing, but the thing is I cant think of any other "job" that pays in BTC unless you are running your own business accepting BTC.
Unless we get serious on that area, BTC will always depend on fiat.

Yes for now its hard to get any jobs that paying with bitcoin, besides campaign and translator i guess there is nothing to get more bitcoin. If you do gambling the risk is too much. And many people will lose it just because of desire to win. I guess some people should post some job for us to do
umaOuma

Activity: 938

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 08:56:34 PM

It's an better idea to invest in USD as USD as always be on top if think of Fiat money So there is no risk involved in investing in it. Over the years USD would be on high peak and thats what history says so its better to invest in USD and keeping other risks aside.
torrentheaven

Activity: 952

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 10:28:40 AM

USD is a good option.

The dollar will soon  be worth more than the Euro. After all, it's not just the Euro that's falling against the USD, but almost every other currency in the world too. Why is the dollar up so much?? Well, the simple story is that the strong your economy, the stronger your currency so it's better to invest in USD.
yayayo
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1024

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 12:04:06 PM

USD is a good option.

The dollar will soon  be worth more than the Euro. After all, it's not just the Euro that's falling against the USD, but almost every other currency in the world too. Why is the dollar up so much?? Well, the simple story is that the strong your economy, the stronger your currency so it's better to invest in USD.

I strongly disagree. Past performance is not an indicator of future gain. To the contrary, the biggest gains are made with investing in assets that have comparatively low valuations at the time of investment. Investing in something that is valued high (in the hope that the trend will continue) only increases risk.

I would not invest in any fiat currency. It's worthless debt money that can be inflated at will, backed by nothing other than thin air and lip service of politicians. You're taking a huge risk owning only fiat because giving the extreme levels of government and private debt worldwide, this experiment is likely to end soon.

If you want to invest, choose assets that are liquid and can't be inflated at will: Precious metals, certain stocks (obviously selection matters), and Bitcoin. If you have a long term perspective and a greater amount of cash you could also diversify into less liquid assets like forest properties (in addition to owning an inflation-protected property, you can get returns from wood sales).

Also, there is no easy way to become a successful investor. It's work. You have to inform yourself and stay informed. Most of all you have to be very critical of any information others will give you and do your own research. Invest in assets that are solid, but currently out of favor of the crowd. When investing, you should (at least to some degree) be able to control your emotions and stay rational as well.

ya.ya.yo!

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
gripflierGO

Activity: 533
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 12:31:44 PM

USD is a good option.

I strongly disagree. Past performance is not an indicator of future gain. To the contrary, the biggest gains are made with investing in assets that have comparatively low valuations at the time of investment. Investing in something that is valued high (in the hope that the trend will continue) only increases risk.

I would not invest in any fiat currency. It's worthless debt money that can be inflated at will, backed by nothing other than thin air and lip service of politicians. You're taking a huge risk owning only fiat because giving the extreme levels of government and private debt worldwide, this experiment is likely to end soon.

If you want to invest, choose assets that are liquid and can't be inflated at will: Precious metals, certain stocks (obviously selection matters), and Bitcoin. If you have a long term perspective and a greater amount of cash you could also diversify into less liquid assets like forest properties (in addition to owning an inflation-protected property, you can get returns from wood sales).

Also, there is no easy way to become a successful investor. It's work. You have to inform yourself and stay informed. Most of all you have to be very critical of any information others will give you and do your own research. Invest in assets that are solid, but currently out of favor of the crowd. When investing, you should (at least to some degree) be able to control your emotions and stay rational as well.

ya.ya.yo!

How can you say that Bitcoins value would be more then USD in future? Future is uncertain and so Bitcoin is  You cannot be sure that Bitcoins will give you more returns in future. As USD is the strongest currency of all you can guarantee that you will not be at loss in future.
yayayo
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1024

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 12:46:55 PM

How can you say that Bitcoins value would be more then USD in future? Future is uncertain and so Bitcoin is  You cannot be sure that Bitcoins will give you more returns in future. As USD is the strongest currency of all you can guarantee that you will not be at loss in future.

Everything is uncertain. There's no guarantee that Bitcoin will increase in valuation.

There's also zero guarantee that USD will be "the strongest currency of all" in the future.

But, based on my own research it's much more likely that fiat currencies such as the USD will fail within our lifetimes. So in future, if you only held USD you may have the same amount of $$ in your hands, but you will not be able to buy the same amount of goods with it. All fiat is based on empty promises. Believing in government guarantees is dumb. Take a look at history.

(That said, the US economy is not healthy at all. Billions of USD  (with no backing) have been pumped into the system under the QE programs.)

ya.ya.yo!

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
umaOuma

Activity: 938

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 04:06:58 PM

Everything is uncertain. There's no guarantee that Bitcoin will increase in valuation.

There's also zero guarantee that USD will be "the strongest currency of all" in the future.

But, based on my own research it's much more likely that fiat currencies such as the USD will fail within our lifetimes. So in future, if you only held USD you may have the same amount of $$ in your hands, but you will not be able to buy the same amount of goods with it. All fiat is based on empty promises. Believing in government guarantees is dumb. Take a look at history.

(That said, the US economy is not healthy at all. Billions of USD  (with no backing) have been pumped into the system under the QE programs.)

ya.ya.yo!

Ya that's true there is no guarantee that USD will be the strongest currency in future. So its better to invest in diversified products such as Gold, Stocks, Real Estate and Bitcoins even u go from losses in one product you can atleast cover the losses from other products.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: