Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:38:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ALL SOLD] 1100w Platinum (94%) server PSUs/breakout boards w/cables  (Read 19381 times)
quakefiend420 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 07:16:56 AM

quakefiend420 i've done silly things and burnt the cables breakout board side, so i need to cut them (the burnt/oxidized cable part) and recrimp because the burnt/oxidized part is heating up to 54c now~ so not critical but need to be changed asap.

Do you know exactly what gauge of o ring i would need to buy online to recrimp them? Thanks.

I actually have some of the same terminals that I could send you, how many do you need?

Its two per cable and i got most of the one you sent me damaged (total of 12), so quite a bit. I was hoping to buy some cheap bulk online.

Shocked

What did you do to them??? How were they damaged?

I'd be curious to know this as well, never happened to me nor have any of my customers ever reported any issues with the cables I sold.  Accidentally shorted terminals together by trying to put too many on a single breakout boards, perhaps?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 06:29:15 PM

quakefiend420 i've done silly things and burnt the cables breakout board side, so i need to cut them (the burnt/oxidized cable part) and recrimp because the burnt/oxidized part is heating up to 54c now~ so not critical but need to be changed asap.

Do you know exactly what gauge of o ring i would need to buy online to recrimp them? Thanks.

I actually have some of the same terminals that I could send you, how many do you need?

Its two per cable and i got most of the one you sent me damaged (total of 12), so quite a bit. I was hoping to buy some cheap bulk online.

Shocked

I've used jury rigged cables for a while because i'm lazy. I redid a crimp only using plyers and a hammer and a flathead screwdriver, before i got the tool to do proper crimp. And since they were working well, i just forgot about it.

But eventually it loosened and slowly got hotter and i only noticed when the yellow wires started darkening. So now i'm getting a set of o ring terminal to do the job right once and for all, at the lost of a couple of inch of wiring.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Prelude
Legendary

Activity: 1596

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 10:08:16 PM

Shocked

I've used jury rigged cables for a while because i'm lazy. I redid a crimp only using plyers and a hammer and a flathead screwdriver, before i got the tool to do proper crimp. And since they were working well, i just forgot about it.

But eventually it loosened and slowly got hotter and i only noticed when the yellow wires started darkening. So now i'm getting a set of o ring terminal to do the job right once and for all, at the lost of a couple of inch of wiring.

Really? Damn. They must've been pretty loose for that to happen? Like "i can pull these wires out if I pull on them" type of loose? I assume there was no damage to the breakout board's lugs?
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 10:54:24 PM

Shocked

Really? Damn. They must've been pretty loose for that to happen? Like "i can pull these wires out if I pull on them" type of loose? I assume there was no damage to the breakout board's lugs?

Not that loose. Which is why its weird because i gave a good pull to every cable. But this was one with the hard yellow isolation, i think the plastic must of been holding them tight, but it loosened with the heat or something?

And no, a bit of black residue around on the + pole. Not sure whats best to clean it. I'm running them again now with different cables. If you or whoever i sell them to doesnt want to cables i guess i could just turn them into 6 to 6 pins cables instead.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Prelude
Legendary

Activity: 1596

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 04:17:34 AM

Forgot to mention earlier, everything was delivered today. I seriously couldn't be happier, dealing with quake was fantastic from beginning to end. Great communication, great price, fast shipping, packaging was the best I've ever seen... Amazon ain't got shit on him. Should also mention that I paid him directly without escrow. He's a stand-up guy, no doubt.

Whenever you're ready to sell the rest of your server PSUs, hit me up.
quakefiend420 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 07:49:37 AM

Shocked

Not that loose. Which is why its weird because i gave a good pull to every cable. But this was one with the hard yellow isolation, i think the plastic must of been holding them tight, but it loosened with the heat or something?

And no, a bit of black residue around on the + pole. Not sure whats best to clean it. I'm running them again now with different cables. If you or whoever i sell them to doesnt want to cables i guess i could just turn them into 6 to 6 pins cables instead.

Yeah, when you crimp those cables make sure you don't get the insulation in the crimp or that can happen.
quakefiend420 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 07:50:07 AM

Forgot to mention earlier, everything was delivered today. I seriously couldn't be happier, dealing with quake was fantastic from beginning to end. Great communication, great price, fast shipping, packaging was the best I've ever seen... Amazon ain't got shit on him. Should also mention that I paid him directly without escrow. He's a stand-up guy, no doubt.

Glad you're happy! Smiley
studio_mining

Activity: 33
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 08:37:31 PM

Glad you're happy! Smiley

Apologies for digging up a really old post:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1037372.0;all

We have a significant stock of Model: PET1300-12-054NA E and would be looking to put them into service.  Could you point me towards any breakout boards or adapters for the above model.

I greatly appreciate your help and could pay you for your time.  Thanks in advance and look to hear back.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  

Jump to: