Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:45:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin v2.0  (Read 7488 times)
Jaime Frontero

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2011, 04:13:25 PM

@markm - i am not going to start my own block chain - it's just an idea where Satoshi (he is for sure here, i don't think he just went away from project of his life) can look at. However if you know any other systems RUNNING (or at least considered with pointed features) i would like to take a look:)

@Quantumplation - for your information i work in IT and i UNDERSTAND how the system works, i am just not a good writer. Technical side is not a problem and i NEVER considered mining here as scam. Read more carefully please, or ask if i wrote that in not understandable way. Mining will be always good to keep system working, i am just considering new start after 10 years which won't happen. (current mining IS unfair for late adopters BUT in future will work good to keep system secure, just like now. The problem i considered is that it can be fair start to everyone after 10 years with proper initial distribution also with mining to keep system working)
And please don't compare me to others until you read whole topic.

3) 'An unending, unquavering, unpersuadable attitude towards "the bitcoin doomsday" or "the Great Unjustice"'. -  no one says it will be forever unjust, i am just talking about early adopters which will gain a lot of human resources for small portion of work. BUT considering @rebuilder post i think if they will put all btcs within one month not just one hit then it will be all fine FOR SYSTEM, but still they will earn A LOT Smiley OK - let them be super rich, i just wan't to see how far bitcoin moves with everything with the way it's built.

Btw. if you do speak in English so good why i can't translate "unquavering" and "unpersuadable"? I understand what you mean, but google translator and other translators miss these words ; )
same stiches to "due to it's complicated nature" that should be "due to ITS complicated nature". You ALSO have deficiences in english. That was just one sentece i checked.

@billyjoeallen  - i totally agree , just looking for any system problems that can crack it in future and for improvements which won't happen probably Smiley

"...i am just talking about early adopters which will gain a lot of human resources for small portion of work."

you really need to try and get your head around the idea that there is no difference at all between risk, and work.

i'm not an early adopter (as you seem to understand it - in a year i suppose i will be considered as such).  but i wish that all those who've been accumulating Bitcoin, buying and selling using Bitcoin, and turning it into something real - get filthy stinking rich.  richer than i can even conceive of.

and i'm happy with what i've got and what i'm getting, because that's what i've earned - it is therefore what i deserve.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kstepyra (OP)

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2011, 06:35:41 PM

"Mining is just an good advertisement for the network. 'MONEY for NOTHING' ? that's how 90% of the miners work. " - watch for quotation in my sentence here. 'MONEY for NOTHING' was sentence about HOW a lot of miners think about whole network. I personally know some of those and they still don't get that they are finding specific, meeting all requirements hashes. It's just system with free $s for them for running computer 24/7. That's perfect advertisement for whole network, but for late adopters it can be just pyramid scheme(early adopters will get a lot of cash but as topic growth i am changing my mind in this, as they will get a lot for being INVESTORS and early promoters investing cash in something worthless - and that's good - that's why we talk here, right? But many people will still think like i did and will never get the techincal idea of bitcoins and mining and THAT'S REALLY BAD. Let's just have hope miners will always get their cash back and system will grow in time).

And believe me - not only I have same thoughts about this, that's why i am talking about bitcoin 2.0 which can better distribute all coins at start, but probably will never exist, it's just SICK idea that is an utopia version of Bitcoin.

Finalizing all, as that's what i wrote probably will never exist, it's just idea, thought, couple of sentences on this forum:
I will be really happy if Bitcoin will at least replace all centralized systems like Paypal, Moneybookers.  As an alternative system it can be really good on internet, but replacing real currencies will be just too hard for Bitcoin. My idea was to replace currencies around the world after 10 or more years, but let Bitcoin spread first and then we will see what happens next. Smiley)
cloud9

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 29, 2011, 08:08:00 PM

The blockchain with the highest difficulty should be valued the most.  As the blockchain with the highest difficulty has the resources to take over any other blockchain and undermine its algorithm instantly - having more than 50% of the combined processing power.

Tuxavant

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin Mayor of Las Vegas

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2012, 01:23:53 PM

I am too beginning to think it's a ponzi scheme
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDcdE9ngx08

veddy veddy nize ya

waspoza

Activity: 602
Merit: 508

Firstbits: 1waspoza

View Profile
May 11, 2012, 02:11:55 PM

You guys forgetting that ATM we all are early adopters. BTC is only $5 and still very small amount of ppl even heard about bitcoin.

To the OP: if you think that in 10 years bitcoin will be worth $10,000, whats stopping you from buying as many bitcoins as you possibly can? Dont you wanna be early adopter too?

And stop already about this stupid 1% inflation idea. Dou you really want your savings to be worth half as much in 70 years? Cuz i dont.

splatster

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 11, 2012, 02:19:50 PM

No. No. No. We aren't turning into SC.
kwukduck
Legendary

Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 12, 2012, 02:59:32 PM

OP another SolidCoin / MicroCrash sockpuppet? -.-

14b8PdeWLqK3yi3PrNHMmCvSmvDEKEBh3E
Boussac
Legendary

Activity: 1220
Merit: 1015

e-ducat.fr

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2012, 10:14:51 AM

Companies = work... apple microsoft did somethineg, early adopters didn't. They just use other people money basing on the idea.

Hell NO ! Most investors do not work in the companies they invest in. Early adopters did the same, they invested in buying some bitcoins while risking their money.
Bitcoin makes no promises: it cannot be a Ponzi. In a Ponzi, you buy in with a promise to cash out at a higher rate: not even remotely resembling bitcoin's bootstrap strategy.

If Bitcoin is not a Ponzi, there are a number of actual Ponzi in the real world, notably many retirement pension schemes.
It's therefore convenient for lobbyist to focus the attention on an emerging innovative system rather than explore the murky waters of incumbent systems.

kwukduck
Legendary

Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 13, 2012, 11:24:31 AM

Besides the whole rediculous ponzi idea.
The users buying BTC @ 10.000 USD can still spend that bitcoin for an equal amount of goods and services. So, there's no loss for anyone using BTC as money. Only a high risk of loss or profit if you use it as an early investment.
Also, bare in mind that IF those people become wealthy they did do something for it. They started a revolutionary global 'free' currency.

14b8PdeWLqK3yi3PrNHMmCvSmvDEKEBh3E
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: