Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:01:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Vod became a threat to the stability of the forum  (Read 2759 times)
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 02:52:01 AM

Vod certainly has gotten on people's nerves with his actions, but i have never seen anyone that got burned if he/she didn't deserve it in some way.
He says he's not a cop, but on this forum he sure is closest to that title, and if it was up to me i would hire him as staff, because without people like him this forum would be hackforums v2.

It takes guts to stand up to wrongdoing, especially when higher ranked members are involved, but Vod doesnt care; im confident that if even Theymos himself tried something unethical, Vod would
be the first one to flag him, and then back off to licking his boob..
If anything, he deserves more credit than what he's getting, but that's just my opinion.

cheers

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2015, 04:08:10 AM

Vod certainly has gotten on people's nerves with his actions, but i have never seen anyone that got burned if he/she didn't deserve it in some way.
He says he's not a cop, but on this forum he sure is closest to that title, and if it was up to me i would hire him as staff, because without people like him this forum would be hackforums v2.

It takes guts to stand up to wrongdoing, especially when higher ranked members are involved, but Vod doesnt care; im confident that if even Theymos himself tried something unethical, Vod would
be the first one to flag him, and then back off to licking his boob..
If anything, he deserves more credit than what he's getting, but that's just my opinion.

cheers

Thanks, I needed a good laugh.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 04:41:02 AM

FWIW, in my experience, if you've made it onto Vod's radar, more-oft-than-not, it's deserving due to some sort of unsavory behavior perpetrated against this community.

Vod for Global Moderator !

It is the "not" part that seems to be the point here Xian.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 09:26:47 AM

FWIW, in my experience, if you've made it onto Vod's radar, more-oft-than-not, it's deserving due to some sort of unsavory behavior perpetrated against this community.
Nobody is perfect. I have to think the dude means well.
Bicknellski

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 10:52:30 AM

He might... and so might those complaining about him. Catch 22.

There is always more unseen than seen in these all or nothing propositions that get argued here. For me more concerned with some of these accounts just off view just purchased carrying out these crimes.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2015, 01:46:06 PM

Why do you have to?
jc01480

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

Nope..

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 05:25:02 PM

Why do you have to?

I could support VOD if there was a clearly identified impartial body that had the final decision of the outcome, whether it merely be a negative rep. remark or outright banishment.  But one person acting as cop, judge, jury, and executioner flies in the face of civic processes.  Fix that and unleash the VOD to patrol the nether-webs all you care to.  As long as a system exists with due process for both sides.

Piece of cake.  Random members can serve in a jury pool consisting of members representative of all levels, new and old.  Hell, why don't I just set that up for you kids real quick...
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 06:04:53 PM
Last edit: April 28, 2015, 10:23:30 PM by Xian01

Why do you have to?
Based on my superficial view of his posts in the random threads I come across, he seems rather adept at uncovering scams and unsavory characters that mean to harm or defraud this community.
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2015, 08:43:31 PM

Just incase he does not understand the stolen part it's Microsoft OP chances are is stealing from.  There is no such thing as a MSDN account that allows sales.  Just look at the TOS

Your not allowed to:rent, lease, lend, resell, transfer, or sublicense any Services or portion thereof to or for third parties, except as explicitly permitted herein or in license terms that accompany any Services component;

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/cc300389.aspx

If you show license terms that Microsoft is allowing you to somehow do the above  you could prove it's legal.  But I personally have not seen this ever. The selling of keys killed Microsoft Technet.

Though what Microsoft wants and what they legally can want sometimes are different things. I dont know how its the case in this case here but with windows 7 oem and lower they lost at courts in germany when they wanted to forbid the resale of the win 7 serial codes. They claimed they sold them together with the hardware and they dont want them to be sold.

Court said that they can be sold of course. Nobody can forbid you to sell your property.

Then MS started to put the serial code for windows oem into the motherboard. Starting from windows 8. If you now break your mainboard then you cant verify your windows anymore. Except you buy a new mainboard from the supplier you got your pc from. If you have a notebook you have further problems since exchanging a notebook mainboard is not so easy.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
SellMaster3000 (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 09:35:07 AM

Just incase he does not understand the stolen part it's Microsoft OP chances are is stealing from.  There is no such thing as a MSDN account that allows sales.  Just look at the TOS

Your not allowed to:rent, lease, lend, resell, transfer, or sublicense any Services or portion thereof to or for third parties, except as explicitly permitted herein or in license terms that accompany any Services component;

If you show license terms that Microsoft is allowing you to somehow do the above  you could prove it's legal.  But I personally have not seen this ever. The selling of keys killed Microsoft Technet.

Though what Microsoft wants and what they legally can want sometimes are different things. I dont know how its the case in this case here but with windows 7 oem and lower they lost at courts in germany when they wanted to forbid the resale of the win 7 serial codes. They claimed they sold them together with the hardware and they dont want them to be sold.

Court said that they can be sold of course. Nobody can forbid you to sell your property.

Then MS started to put the serial code for windows oem into the motherboard. Starting from windows 8. If you now break your mainboard then you cant verify your windows anymore. Except you buy a new mainboard from the supplier you got your pc from. If you have a notebook you have further problems since exchanging a notebook mainboard is not so easy.

Thank you for clarifying the difference between what MS wants and what is illegal.

The jury thing, it's just like American Jury Duty. Everybody hates it.
Grand_Voyageur

Activity: 322

https://dadice.com | Click my signature to join!

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2015, 03:21:09 PM

Every case is different. As an example in Italy we had courts rulings saying it may amount to a misdemeanour some saying it may amount to a felony and others handing out only lesser administrative penalties. IMO a better solutions would be to leave a neutral feedback; however, if Vod have a really strong, firm, reason to consider OP a Scammer he have all the rights to leave him a -ve trust feedback!

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█   ⚂⚄⚀⚃⚅⚁    ██  d a d i c e  ██    Next Generation Dice Game
• Low 1% house edge. • Provably Fair.  
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 03:27:10 PM

I honestly don't agree with Vod's policy on MSDN sellers however I don't think this consistent troll fest against Vod is appropriate.

You really need to look at the bigger picture when trolling Vod.

This is an example of why it is a bad idea to put a lot of effort into calling out scammers. It is a thankless thing to do and all you get is personal attacks and people making up crazy, false accusations against you whose sole point is to get them to stop preventing scammers from being able to scam in the future.
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 05:48:33 PM

Awesome, I also would like Vod as Global Moderator.

However I do not think sell MSDN key is illegal, illegal has another meaning.

I honestly don't agree with Vod's policy on MSDN sellers however I don't think this consistent troll fest against Vod is appropriate.

You really need to look at the bigger picture when trolling Vod.

This is an example of why it is a bad idea to put a lot of effort into calling out scammers. It is a thankless thing to do and all you get is personal attacks and people making up crazy, false accusations against you whose sole point is to get them to stop preventing scammers from being able to scam in the future.

Exactly, everyone can 'make' an error...
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3070

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2015, 08:25:31 PM

Thanks for the support guys, but I would not accept any position of authority on this forum.   Smiley

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Bicknellski

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 06:59:12 AM

Thanks for the support guys, but I would not accept any position of authority on this forum.   Smiley

None is being offered.

Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2015, 07:03:55 AM

None is being offered.

None is being accepted.  Smiley

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
SellMaster3000 (OP)

Activity: 392

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 08:22:52 AM

None is being offered.

You sure act like you're a moderator though.
Bicknellski

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 08:30:17 AM

None is being offered.

None was ever offered.

dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2015, 08:43:48 AM

None is being offered.

None was ever offered.

He said "would not", not "am not" or "will not".

Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2015, 09:28:24 AM

None is being offered.

None was ever offered.

You are correct Bicknellski!  None was ever offered or would be accepted.  Smiley

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: