Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 08:39:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why are you reading Altcoin Discussions ?  (Read 1304 times)
nickhiggins123

Activity: 283
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 12:31:55 AM

I honestly don't know. I think I have an addiction problem.

Is there a 12 step program that you know of?

This person has perfectly encapsulated my thoughts far better than I could have
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2015, 12:41:16 AM

I find them to be entertaining with all of the scams and shilling. Alts maybe be useless as currency at this point, but they make an excellent testing ground for new ideas. Once/if Bitcoin ever takes off then alts will probably become pretty useful.
michietn94
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 06:25:25 AM

I like reading it cause I like a newcomer of altcoin and I can read many option what altcoin I should buy. Investing not only bitcoin probably also could gain a profit. Example: once I've ever buy Cinni coin and because I read all the speculation  so I decide to sold in and finally I got profit.

FANSUNITE

█ █
███
███
███
 ▄
 ▀
███
███
███
███
█ █

█ █
███
███
███
 ▄
 ▀
███
███
███
███
█ █
ed_teech

Activity: 508
Merit: 500

Jahaha

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 11:51:46 AM

I am positioning myself as a cryptocurrency developer. I mostly review what other people had done here. I try to get involved in a coin or two to learn something.
HCLivess
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2015, 12:46:26 PM

To be gradually cured from naivete

MaxDZ8

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 02:58:54 PM

I am interested in the PoW algorithms, if someone can make one that's not stuck in the '90s.
The anti-GPU people are borderline funny. There has been a revolution and not only they didn't notice but they even refute reality.
BTC is an excellent solution for the time being and it will continue being good in a lot of cases but I'm sure there's place for at least one alt.
Plus: there's no place in BTC for me.

And of course because it's a well known fact mining alts gets you rich overnight! With absolutely no investment whatsoever! I only had to buy 120 vidcards! Only!
vincentvincent

Activity: 285
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 04:13:41 PM

I am an addict. Wink
huffnpuff

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 05:34:07 AM
Last edit: April 28, 2015, 07:13:42 AM by huffnpuff

Is altcoin the answer to ur struggle in life?  or is it just some fun? a hobby? a love of urs

Crypto has to find redeeming attributes to significantly make up for it's potential for abuse**.
Crypto also has to appeal to women since 95% of Bitcoin participants are 30'something males:
yet ask yourselves who does most of the shopping in society?

Altcoins are the place to find those diamonds in the rough to address these issues.

I'm fascinated by the practical proof-of-work applications employed by some altcoins! They give a glimmer of hope beyond burning the daily $15-$20M in electricity to over-secure one blockchain (BTC).

1. Knowing a significant percentage of BTC power is coming from coal-fired power plants in China - subsidized by a people already living in toxic conditions makes owning BTC unethical** (to me).

2. Additionally, people paying a 20% premium for local BTC just to stay ~100% anonymous also makes my skin crawl** - esp. knowing some buyers use that coin to trade for:

• meth
  • illegal firearms
  • human trafficking
  • or even worse???

True you can use fiat or gold to conduct the same "business", but crypto makes it SO much simpler - thus the need to create SIGNIFICANT redeeming attributes for crypto is CRITICAL.

and yes, I'm addicted
YoonYeonghwa

Activity: 242
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 09:27:08 AM

I want to learn about innovative altcoins talked frequently by BTT member. There are a lot of promising coins there.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: