Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 01:16:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the best alternative exchange to Cryptsy for trading several altcoins?  (Read 1774 times)
Bit_Happy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 05:44:18 PM

Cryptsy still has decent volume.
Are there any exchanges with:
* Over 20 altcoins
* Good volume
* low/reasonable fees
* Decent reputation/No major hacks  ...?
What is the best alternative exchange to Cryptsy for trading several altcoins?

The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Victor Beckham

Activity: 243
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 05:59:49 PM

Might like to try www.100bit.co.in

Cryptsy still has decent volume.
Are there any exchanges with:
* Over 20 altcoins - NO - But, they are in the process of adding more. So you may suggest - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1032121.0.
* Good volume - NO - They are very new to have any good volume. Moreover, it is a diect trading exchange.
* low/reasonable fees - YES - 0.1% of the trading volume.
* Decent reputation/No major hacks  ...? - YES - They do not have a site wallet. You only put in your coins at the time of trading. So, very low chance of losing your coins, even if there is a hack.
What is the best alternative exchange to Cryptsy for trading several altcoins?

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 07:42:02 PM

bittrex and poloniex, i think poloniex is better than bittrex, they changed their front not long time ago, pretty neat if you ask me

it was hacked in 2014, but the dev come out victorious anyway he refunded a portion from his own pockets, i trust him even more now
Bit_Happy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 02:24:53 AM

bittrex and poloniex, i think poloniex is better than bittrex, they changed their front not long time ago, pretty neat if you ask me

it was hacked in 2014, but the dev come out victorious anyway he refunded a portion from his own pockets, i trust him even more now

Thanks Amph: I just looked at bittrex.com and they were started by computer security pros and is USA based.
Do you have to go through verification to trade BTC with alts?

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 06:20:49 AM
Last edit: April 28, 2015, 12:20:51 PM by Amph

Thanks Amph: I just looked at bittrex.com and they were started by computer security pros and is USA based.

no you don't have to do this, if you are trading crypto only, until you don't exchange for fiat your are in a safe heaven
H.W.Z

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 09:48:42 AM

poloniex is the best. But the things I don't like is that loading it in my phone takes huge long.

r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 10:55:42 PM

lol, no

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
Nahl
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 04:25:13 AM

as long i use exchange more often i use poloniex and bittrex and both is very secure and i think that is the best exchange for trading altoin
Bit_Happy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 04:07:13 PM

lol, no

Are you claiming the "About Us" section is not truthful, have you looked at it?

r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 06:46:45 PM

lol, no

Are you claiming the "About Us" section is not truthful, have you looked at it?

They can call themselves whatever they want, but it doesn't make it true. The gui and front end code reaks of rookie mistakes. they may be experts in CS but in practice i'm not sure that's the case, atleast for whoever built the front end.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
EndCiv

Activity: 107
Merit: 59

FUCK THE CONSPIRACY

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2015, 03:14:35 AM
Last edit: May 02, 2015, 03:38:45 AM by EndCiv

BiTTREX has True Slack.  n'uff said

Cryptopia is also very interesting:
  • Exchange, Pools, Explorers and Market Place - All in one.
  • TONS of older coins. +1 For giving a Home to Memecoin Enthusiasts

🛸     DEATH TO THE SHITCOINS!!
PRAISE "BOB" - http://www.dobbscoin.info

fox19891989

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 10:08:22 AM

NO 1 poloniex, NO2 bittrex.

Most of altcoins list on poloniex are good and legit coins, XMR, STR, MAID are all good coins, and with highest trading volume.

While bittrex likes add new alts very much, and most of them are shit and scam coins, especially last year, bittrex always listed scam coins, and when the scam coins listed there, the devs dump them to investors. And then vanished, there was also some scam coin ICO were held there, very disappointed about bittrex.
peeveepee

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 12:47:18 PM

NO 1 poloniex, NO2 bittrex.

Most of altcoins list on poloniex are good and legit coins, XMR, STR, MAID are all good coins, and with highest trading volume.

While bittrex likes add new alts very much, and most of them are shit and scam coins, especially last year, bittrex always listed scam coins, and when the scam coins listed there, the devs dump them to investors. And then vanished, there was also some scam coin ICO were held there, very disappointed about bittrex.

No one force anyone to buy new coin on bittrex. The exchange is just offering products and brokering coins.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: