Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:33:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Lounge and Relax. Generally Pirate Free Discussions.  (Read 1859 times)
legolouman (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

Decent Programmer to boot!

View Profile
August 28, 2012, 06:44:44 AM
Last edit: August 31, 2012, 06:03:50 AM by legolouman

With all of this wonderful hate, accusations, aimless babble being said about the Pirateat40 fiasco, I'm curious, is anyone still normal? I'm getting a kick out of all of this, it reminds me of the initial BFL discussions. Sure, I have some invested in my BitcoinMax account, but do I really want to sling hate at everyone?

This whole money thing is a game, really. If it is too good to be true, it probably is. Alternatively, people need to take risks to make it big. Everyone is just yelling depending on which side they are on.

Anyway, how are you 'normal' community members? I'm a little tired, but doing great, just got some popcorn.

If you love me, you'd give me a Satoshi!
BTC - 1MSzGKh5znbrcEF2qTrtrWBm4ydH5eT49f
LTC - LYeJrmYQQvt6gRQxrDz66XTwtkdodx9udz
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Garr255
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

What's a GPU?

View Profile
August 28, 2012, 08:01:59 AM

This sums it up:

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
BurntSnow

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

GET IN - Smart Ticket Protocol - Live in market!

View Profile
August 28, 2012, 01:55:29 PM

This sums it up:

Genius.

Anyways, school just started for me, so I've been pretty busy with homework. Staying up long nights.

████
             ███  ███
           ████     ███
         ███  ███    ███
       ████     ███    ███
     ███  ███     ███    ███
   ████     ███     ███   ██
 ███  ███     █████████████████
███     ███     ███           ██
 ███      ███     ██          ██
   ███      ██████████      ███
     ███      ██████      ███
       ███      ██      ███
         ███          ███
           ███      ███
             ███  ███
               ████

GUTS
    ███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

smart-ticket protocol for events
live product with market traction!
    ███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

BTC ANN
  WEBSITE
  BLOG

SANDBOX
  WHITEPAPER
  BOUNTY

Snapman

Activity: 291

BTCRadio Owner

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2012, 01:57:45 PM

Why is there yet another thread about this?? couldnt you have added it to the numerous other ones???

BTCRadio: 17cafKShokyQCbaNuzaDo5HLoSnffMNPAs
philips

Activity: 700

View Profile
August 28, 2012, 05:13:10 PM

With all of this wonderful hate, accusations, aimless babble being said about the Pirateat40 fiasco, I'm curious, is anyone still normal? I'm getting a kick out of all of this, it reminds me of the initial BFL discussions. Sure, I have some invested in my BitcoinMax account, but do I really want to sling hate at everyone?

This whole money thing is a game, really. If it is too good to be true, it probably is. Alternatively, people need to take risks to make it big. Everyone is just yelling depending on which side they are on.

Anyway, how are you 'normal' community members? I'm a little tired, but doing great, just got some popcorn.
I hear you.

I am still normal thank you, and I do not give a rat ass about pirate threads (both sides). Heck, I even don't even know who the fuck he is, what he is done and frankly my dear I don't wanna know.
I guess people love to endlessly eat shit about a subject or another and this time the shit is this pirate guy, well, bon appetite.

Anyway, I'm great, the rig is humming away in the next room and I got myself a mug of coffee while preparing to watch a Korean horror movie (they are really good at this stuff).

Life can be good sometimes.

Cheers
legolouman (OP)

View Profile
August 28, 2012, 06:12:50 PM
Last edit: August 28, 2012, 06:32:38 PM by legolouman

This sums it up:

This.
Why is there yet another thread about this?? couldnt you have added it to the numerous other ones???

This isn't a thread about it, but more of a place to cool down after arguing, and to discuss absolutely anything.

rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
August 28, 2012, 09:00:29 PM

Some people invest too much, and are too attached to their life savings, so they drag out the pitchforks I suppose. It's rather a shame that those with little to spare were stupid enough to get involved; those that aren't risking it all actually might get something done without making a massive carpet bombing stink about it.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
BitMonkey

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 28, 2012, 09:33:25 PM

I'm good,
Set up the mining rig @ work...
So I'm happy, only 300mh but hey free electricity Smiley

I wish Pirates 7% compounded magic school bus wasn't the focal point of bitcoin at the moment, but it is.
Its boring compared to the other fiascos so far though

legolouman (OP)

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 06:17:17 AM

I'm good,
Set up the mining rig @ work...
So I'm happy, only 300mh but hey free electricity Smiley

I wish Pirates 7% compounded magic school bus wasn't the focal point of bitcoin at the moment, but it is.
Its boring compared to the other fiascos so far though

Sadly, our hashing power will be pretty much useless in the coming months, with the advent of BFL's ASIC stuff.

What makes Pirate so fun is that he has a LOT of money. If he dumped it all right now, the market would be gone for a while, if not forever.
Some people invest too much, and are too attached to their life savings, so they drag out the pitchforks I suppose. It's rather a shame that those with little to spare were stupid enough to get involved; those that aren't risking it all actually might get something done without making a massive carpet bombing stink about it.
That's a way to look at it. Anytime something like this happens, in any remote sense, the amount of pitchforks are a sight.
I GAVE YOU MY MONEY TO MAKE MORE MONEY WITH. WHERE IS THE MAGIC AND WHERE IS MY MONEY?

Snapman

BTCRadio Owner

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2012, 06:22:26 AM
Last edit: August 29, 2012, 06:32:35 AM by Snapman

Its only a matter of time before all this BFL ASIC crap blows up to be a larger haul then pirates gig. It does more then scream scam, it climbs up to the nearest clocktower with a high powered rifle and reminds people with lead coated pieces of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsqJFIJ5lLs

Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2012, 06:39:44 AM

Its only a matter of time before all this BFL ASIC crap blows up to be a larger haul then pirates gig. It does more then scream scam, it climbs up to the nearest clocktower with a high powered rifle and reminds people with lead coated pieces of it.

Inb4 pirate owns bfl.

repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 06:45:58 AM

It's amusing as hell that the community apparently has ADHD and can only handle one drama at a time.  Suddenly, nobody gives a fuck about Bitcoinica any more.  Amir, Patrick, Donald and Zhou must all be breathing huge sighs of relief at the moment now the heat is off them.

Can't wait to see what new drama takes the heat off pirate.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
philips

Activity: 700

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 06:48:27 AM

Sadly, our hashing power will be pretty much useless in the coming months, with the advent of BFL's ASIC stuff.

True, but what the heck, maybe those guys from CoinLab pool are gonna keep their promises and find something for us to do with our GPU rigs even after BFL/ASIC arrival.

legolouman (OP)

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 07:05:06 AM

Inb4 pirate owns bfl.

That would be interesting.

I was very cautious of BFL, and did not think they could bring the Singles to reality. All things considered, they are a poorly run company and could still very well be a scam. The singles use two very high end chips using like 65nm tech. They are probably still using those chips in the new MiniRig and singles. The ASIC tech could very well be scam. Who knows?

Though, if they are legit, it will be the second coming of GPU's, so to speak. It will add stability, and likely raise the value of coins, assuming it doesn't ruin the market after the influx of tech.

True, but what the heck, maybe those guys from CoinLab pool are gonna keep their promises and find something for us to do with our GPU rigs even after BFL/ASIC arrival.

From my understanding, there is money to be made using computing power, it just is hard to harness and apply it right. I firmly believe that Litecoin will stabilize, as it could remain profitable for GPU miners. That theory has held since Reaper was released as the litecoin network grows more and more each day.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2012, 07:17:54 AM

It's amusing as hell that the community apparently has ADHD and can only handle one drama at a time.  Suddenly, nobody gives a fuck about Bitcoinica any more.  Amir, Patrick, Donald and Zhou must all be breathing huge sighs of relief at the moment now the heat is off them.

Can't wait to see what new drama takes the heat off pirate.

Yep, it looks like the next season of All My Bitcoins is going to focus on developing the BFL subplot.  I'm dying to see who the new villain will be!

It'll be hard to beat this season's unbelievably incredible pirate ponzi fiasco.  But that's what we said about Gox, TradeHill, etc.

The Bitcoinica storyline had potential but it was never really that original, just a rehash of previous goxings.  Zhou is a mere b-list baddie.

FFS, the Litecoin kerfuffle was more entertaining than anything the boring Bitcoin Police have done so far.

Maybe they're playing a long game and slowly building towards something for sweeps week, or (dare we hope?) a Christmas Special.

If so, then I hope Santa brings me lots of Sriracha popcorn.

Bitcoin: A blimp filled with laughing gas crashing into an angry volcano of drama.

*STAY TUNED*

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Snapman

BTCRadio Owner

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2012, 07:20:40 AM

Has the bitcoin police actually ever done anything yet, for any of the shit storms that have hit so far?

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2012, 07:26:15 AM

Have the bitcoin police actually done anything yet, for any of the shit storms that have hit so far?

Just wait, the Bitcoin Police will spring into action the instant Bitlame files a criminal complaint.

"Stop right there Mr. Pirate.  Put down the Ponzi and come out with your hands up!"

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2012, 07:30:17 AM

Have the bitcoin police actually done anything yet, for any of the shit storms that have hit so far?

Just wait, the Bitcoin Police will spring into action the instant Bitlame files a criminal complaint.

"Stop right there Mr. Pirate.  Put down the Ponzi and come out with your hands up!"

lol.

legolouman (OP)

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 07:08:28 PM

Has the bitcoin police actually ever done anything yet, for any of the shit storms that have hit so far?

I've heard that they will most likely make this a joint operation with the Internet Police.

Herodes

Activity: 868

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 07:10:06 PM

I'm just tired of it, so not following it any longer.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: