Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 10:47:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Quickseller left himself positive trust using an alt account  (Read 3652 times)
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2015, 01:44:25 PM

MZ, I know you're always careful to support whoever you see as the most powerful in a given context, but how on earth would you have any information about what account the person known (inter alia) as Quickseller considers to be his "main account"?

I should have wrote "AFAIK" first. The first is incorrect. I don't support person with more power unless he should be. I support persons with least/no power too. See Quickseller's feedback on my trust page. He thinks I was vouching for a scammer.

tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1078

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 04:12:04 PM

MZ, I know you're always careful to support whoever you see as the most powerful in a given context, but how on earth would you have any information about what account the person known (inter alia) as Quickseller considers to be his "main account"?

I should have wrote "AFAIK" first. The first is incorrect. I don't support person with more power unless he should be. I support persons with least/no power too. See Quickseller's feedback on my trust page. He thinks I was vouching for a scammer.

I don't find any such feedback on your trust page.  I see one from QS saying he escrowed for you and it went fine.  I see several from you saying that QS is the man.  Perhaps I'm missing something or perhaps it was removed.  Nevertheless, you notably chimed in echoing quickseller's echoing of tradefortress charges against me during quickseller's smear attack on me, even adding facts which where clearly incorrect, saying "bots were against the rules on coinchat" (they weren't).  Since then I've noticed that you're constantly on the side of the poweful in these discussions on meta.  I apologize if I'm out of line, but that's been my observations.
Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2015, 04:22:42 PM

I don't find any such feedback on your trust page.  I see one from QS saying he escrowed for you and it went fine.  I see several from you saying that QS is the man.  Perhaps I'm missing something or perhaps it was removed.  Nevertheless, you notably chimed in echoing quickseller's echoing of tradefortress charges against me during quickseller's smear attack on me,

Yes, I did agree to Quickseller.

even adding facts which where clearly incorrect, saying "bots were against the rules on coinchat" (they weren't).

You should mention "bot" in username which you didn't do.

Since then I've noticed that you're constantly on the side of the poweful in these discussions on meta.

I agree with that points and I support it.

I apologize if I'm out of line, but that's been my observations.

No problem.

tspacepilot
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 04:53:27 PM

I don't find any such feedback on your trust page.  I see one from QS saying he escrowed for you and it went fine.  I see several from you saying that QS is the man.  Perhaps I'm missing something or perhaps it was removed.  Nevertheless, you notably chimed in echoing quickseller's echoing of tradefortress charges against me during quickseller's smear attack on me,

Yes, I did agree to Quickseller.

even adding facts which where clearly incorrect, saying "bots were against the rules on coinchat" (they weren't).

You should mention "bot" in username which you didn't do.
The rules weren't provided to me until *after* I was booted, despite my having asked tradefortress what were the rules for bots, where to find them, etc.  Nevertheless, this is off topic here, let's leave it

Since then I've noticed that you're constantly on the side of the poweful in these discussions on meta.

I agree with that points and I support it.

I apologize if I'm out of line, but that's been my observations.

No problem.
koshgel
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 06:28:11 PM

Why is Quickseller the target of so many threads in the Meta section? Feeling like a Vod 2.0 situation up in here.

Tomatocage left his alt account positive trust and you don't see threads dedicated to it.  Unless that person is showing inherently untrustworthy behavior, it isn't really a big deal in my eyes.

Until there is solid proof of dishonesty or actual scamming, these threads should be locked to prevent pointless arguing.
tspacepilot
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 06:48:58 PM
Last edit: April 30, 2015, 07:00:45 PM by tspacepilot

Why is Quickseller the target of so many threads in the Meta section? Feeling like a Vod 2.0 situation up in here.

Tomatocage left his alt account positive trust and you don't see threads dedicated to it.  Unless that person is showing inherently untrustworthy behavior, it isn't really a big deal in my eyes.

Until there is solid proof of dishonesty or actual scamming, these threads should be locked to prevent pointless arguing.

I can't speak to the facts concerning most of these threads.  I, however, was the victim of a smear attack by quickseller in which he deployed an alt to troll me and then dug into my past until he found a false accusation by a known scammer (from years ago) and then used it as a reason to neg-rep me with his main account.  He did this in a (failed) attempt to get me kicked out of the signature ad campaign I was a part of, presumably as vengence for crossing him in public (ie, calling him out for his hotheadedness and suggesting that calling people idiots is not called for).  That's my experience with him, as to the rest of these threads, you'll have to take them on their merits, I think.

I've disagreed with Vod in the past many times regarding his enforcement of Microsoft policies and intellectual properties.  Three striking differences between Vod and Quickseller which I notice are that (1) Vod maintains his cool and doesn't resort to name-calling and mudslinging when people disagree with him; (2) Vod actually removes negative trust when people talk with him about it (ie, he doesn't try to hold people's pasts over their heads for all time); (3) Vod doesn't seem to go on vendetta missions in which he's going to give negative trust to anyone who disagrees with him (if this were the case, I'd have negative trust from him since I don't agree that Microsoft policies should be dictating trust ratings on this board).

The other thing to keep in mind is that quickseller is a known account farmer/seller so in adding neg-reps to accounts, he's actually driving up the value of his non-neg-repped farmed accounts.  It's a black and white case of conflict of interest.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conflict_of_interest

As far as I know, Vod has not been associated with any such behaviors.
koshgel
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 07:17:30 PM

Tomatocage left his alt account positive trust and you don't see threads dedicated to it.  Unless that person is showing inherently untrustworthy behavior, it isn't really a big deal in my eyes.

I can't speak to the facts concerning most of these threads.  I, however, was the victim of a smear attack by quickseller in which he deployed an alt to troll me and then dug into my past until he found a false accusation by a known scammer (from years ago) and then used it as a reason to neg-rep me with his main account.  He did this in a (failed) attempt to get me kicked out of the signature ad campaign I was a part of, presumably as vengence for crossing him in public (ie, calling him out for his hotheadedness and suggesting that calling people idiots is not called for).  That's my experience with him, as to the rest of these threads, you'll have to take them on their merits, I think.

I've disagreed with Vod in the past many times regarding his enforcement of Microsoft policies and intellectual properties.  Three striking differences between Vod and Quickseller which I notice are that (1) Vod maintains his cool and doesn't resort to name-calling and mudslinging when people disagree with him; (2) Vod actually removes negative trust when people talk with him about it (ie, he doesn't try to hold people's pasts over their heads for all time); (3) Vod doesn't seem to go on vendetta missions in which he's going to give negative trust to anyone who disagrees with him (if this were the case, I'd have negative trust from him since I don't agree that Microsoft policies should be dictating trust ratings on this board).

The other thing to keep in mind is that quickseller is a known account farmer/seller so in adding neg-reps to accounts, he's actually driving up the value of his non-neg-repped farmed accounts.  It's a black and white case of conflict of interest.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conflict_of_interest

Negative trust for disagreements is against the limited trust rules. I looked at the thread in which you posted about receiving negative feedback and Quickseller posts no lies about you. You did fraud TF even though he is a known scammer. As far as buying/selling accounts, I'm sure Badbear knows about that and still has him under DefaultTrust so you probably won't get far with that argument.
sfkhsfhk

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 07:31:40 PM

[...]As far as buying/selling accounts, I'm sure Badbear knows about that and still has him under DefaultTrust so you probably won't get far with that argument.

Of course he's not going anywhere with his argument.

1. There are no official rules for this forum, so it's pointless to accuse anyone of breaking them.
2. Mods take pride in "interpreting" the unofficial rules.
3. Quickseller owns many quality accounts (for all I know, you're one) with which to create an illusion of of overwhelming popular support.
4. Seeing a bunch of socks sucking each other off & swapping spit is nauseating. Stop.
Smiley
tspacepilot
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 08:22:03 PM

The other thing to keep in mind is that quickseller is a known account farmer/seller so in adding neg-reps to accounts, he's actually driving up the value of his non-neg-repped farmed accounts.  It's a black and white case of conflict of interest.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conflict_of_interest

Negative trust for disagreements is against the limited trust rules. I looked at the thread in which you posted about receiving negative feedback and Quickseller posts no lies about you. You did fraud TF even though he is a known scammer.
Nope, sure didn't.  I'm surprised you seem to feel like you know what happened between me and TF over 2 years ago.  Could it be that you're taking TF's unsubstantiated accusations as fact?  Hard to see how you'd have some sort of access to TF's server logs or to my computer's history from so long ago.  Surprising that you're not put off by the fact that TF is a known scammer and he accused me in that thread of taking 4 different amounts of money and then finally settles on "everything I ever withdrew".  That seems right to you?  Hmm.  Well, you're opinions are for you to make.

Did you also read through the threads where quickeseller uses and alt to troll me and threaten me?  It's all good, facts are facts and at the end of the day, folks like quickseller don't end up with too much power for very long.  Eventually the truth comes out (like it did with tradefortress).
As far as buying/selling accounts, I'm sure Badbear knows about that and still has him under DefaultTrust so you probably won't get far with that argument.
It's all good.  It's up to badbear to consider and stand behind who he considers as trustworthy.  I can't speak for him.  But the conflict of interest is in black-and-white.

Another thing, please don't take this as a personal attack, but given quickseller's buying and selling and farming of accounts, how do we know you're not just a sockpuppet trying to deflect valid criticisms of him?
koshgel
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 02:05:51 AM

The other thing to keep in mind is that quickseller is a known account farmer/seller so in adding neg-reps to accounts, he's actually driving up the value of his non-neg-repped farmed accounts.  It's a black and white case of conflict of interest.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conflict_of_interest

Negative trust for disagreements is against the limited trust rules. I looked at the thread in which you posted about receiving negative feedback and Quickseller posts no lies about you. You did fraud TF even though he is a known scammer.
Nope, sure didn't.  I'm surprised you seem to feel like you know what happened between me and TF over 2 years ago.  Could it be that you're taking TF's unsubstantiated accusations as fact?  Hard to see how you'd have some sort of access to TF's server logs or to my computer's history from so long ago.  Surprising that you're not put off by the fact that TF is a known scammer and he accused me in that thread of taking 4 different amounts of money and then finally settles on "everything I ever withdrew".  That seems right to you?  Hmm.  Well, you're opinions are for you to make.

Did you also read through the threads where quickeseller uses and alt to troll me and threaten me?  It's all good, facts are facts and at the end of the day, folks like quickseller don't end up with too much power for very long.  Eventually the truth comes out (like it did with tradefortress).
As far as buying/selling accounts, I'm sure Badbear knows about that and still has him under DefaultTrust so you probably won't get far with that argument.
It's all good.  It's up to badbear to consider and stand behind who he considers as trustworthy.  I can't speak for him.  But the conflict of interest is in black-and-white.

Another thing, please don't take this as a personal attack, but given quickseller's buying and selling and farming of accounts, how do we know you're not just a sockpuppet trying to deflect valid criticisms of him?

I don't know the situation with TF. Like I said, I would have to take a closer look at what happened. A cursory look at the thread seemed to show that you admitted to using bots which is why I said you defrauded. Again, I don't know the full details which is why I haven't left any trust.

I didn't look at any trolling threads. If there is serious trolling and harrassment, the proof should be submitted to whoever has Quickseller on their trust list.

I'm a sock puppet? I've been consistently active and posting for close to two years. Don't get all conspiracy theory now.
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 09:43:39 AM

You should always say the truth and be 'neutral'.

If I can say my personal opinion about this fact (not only about Quickseller) but this is the wrong thing here, because nobody can determine if he is 'talking' with 1 user = 1 person or 1 person = 3-4 alternative accounts. So it is very difficult to 'catch' some valid thoughts about 'a problem' here in the forum.
Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2015, 09:57:40 AM

You should always say the truth and be 'neutral'.

I tried to be neutral but I can't. Even if I support person(s), I don't tell lies. I tell truth or what I understood. If I agree/support a person in a case, I may not agree/support him/her in all. What I said above about QS is what I know.

redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 10:06:20 AM

I tried to be neutral but I can't.

In this case maybe it is better to not post, or am I wrong?

Even if I support person(s), I don't tell lies. I tell truth or what I understood. If I agree/support a person in a case, I may not agree/support him/her in all. What I said above about QS is what I know.

It seems that it is not the case, or maybe an user if he will read what you wrote ... he will understand for sure another thing.

tspacepilot
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 07:42:32 PM

I don't know the situation with TF.
Thanks for admitting this.
Like I said, I would have to take a closer look at what happened. A cursory look at the thread seemed to show that you admitted to using bots which is why I said you defrauded. Again, I don't know the full details which is why I haven't left any trust.

Well, as was stated in that very thread, and elsewhere, what I admitted to was working on a question answering by with TF's approval and help.  I did not admit to defrauding or any other thing along those lines.   Talking to TF about it was crazy, he merely said "you stole, give X back" and the X varied each time he said it so it was basically blackmail as far as I could tell.  There were global moderators in that thread who did not leave me negative trust either and it's clear that this was because they saw that it was a case of he-said-she-said and everyone moved on.  Then, later, history revealed TF as one of the most untrustworthy people ever to appear on this forum and I've basically had several years of chatting and talking and 0 problems with anyone until QS comes along with a vengance mission.
I didn't look at any trolling threads. If there is serious trolling and harrassment, the proof should be submitted to whoever has Quickseller on their trust list.

The links are there in the thread where I call out QS and his alt for doing this.  He mainly trolled with an alt account "ACCTSeller" and at the time he played coy about whether this was an alt.  But later he admitted in another context that that was his alt and the trolling is quite clear.  The evidence has been submitted to BadBear but he is only back as of today and I don't expect that looking into this is at the top of his priority list.  Nevertheless, I'm confident he'll sort it out soon.

I'm a sock puppet? I've been consistently active and posting for close to two years. Don't get all conspiracy theory now.

I hope you dont take that too seriously.  But given that QS deals in farmed and bought and sold accounts and he loves to play games with them, it's never really clear whether you're talking to one of his sock-puppets.  I'm not saying this is your case, I just think it's important to talk about the principle of it.
ayesha98170

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 07:41:15 PM

I'm really sorry but I also want to have a few words in this debate. I told my personal behalf, according to my thoughts without any prejudice to the

parties concerned. I think this is a delicate matter.

I just wanted to ask you that, if you are Quickseller do you like him? I think yes. I'm not referring to just anyone, but virtually all of the members here,

in one way or another will do so. Then, why we must continue to argue about it?

Assumptions as he leave positive trust for himself (I assume) is also nothing excessive unless he abused it so that leave feedback for others - who do

not deserve it. Meanwhile, practice has proved that Quickseller deserved to it. Trust +5 or Trust +6 is not an issue.

The problem is that he can be trusted or not will be made by the person concerned to comment ....

Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2015, 04:30:23 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1048706.0

Consolidated list of the lies
tspacepilot
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 05:15:49 PM

Actually this is just Blazedout419 trying to rickroll us.   I'd have expected something a little more serious from him.  Blazedout419, you probably will think this stuff is less of a joke when Quickseller eventually goes after you and tries to ruin your reputation without cause.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 2347

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 05:22:28 PM

Actually this is just Blazedout419 trying to rickroll us.   I'd have expected something a little more serious from him.  Blazedout419, you probably will think this stuff is less of a joke when Quickseller eventually goes after you and tries to ruin your reputation without cause.
blazed has a spotless record both here and in IRC. I have traded with him a number of times and have trusted him with a good amount of money.

Actually now that I think about it, he is one of two people that I had sent first when trading with, everyone else I made them either send first or use escrow.

I would personally be surprised if blazed was ever involved in a scam.
tspacepilot
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 05:44:53 PM

blazed has a spotless record both here and in IRC. I have traded with him a number of times and have trusted him with a good amount of money.

Actually now that I think about it, he is one of two people that I had sent first when trading with, everyone else I made them either send first or use escrow.

That's fine.  You vouch for him.  I've got no problem with blazedout either.  I did business with him in the past as an advertizer for SliverWallets (unless I'm confusing him with someone else).  The issue here is him making light of the trouble you're making for other people.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 2347

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 05:48:15 PM

That's fine.  You vouch for him.  I've got no problem with blazedout either.  I did business with him in the past as an advertizer for SliverWallets (unless I'm confusing him with someone else).  The issue here is him making light of the trouble you're making for other people.
The only people I am making trouble for is scammers. I didn't actually leave myself positive trust, not only that but doing so wouldn't even make any sense because the account that left me positive trust is likely on no ones trust list.

His spreadsheet does sum up everything very well
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: