Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:14:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Advice needed! Buying, trading, and selling on exchanges  (Read 3180 times)
OBAViJEST (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2015, 12:24:14 AM

I know I'm already breaking a couple of the trading world's cardinal rules here, so please bear with me  Grin

Here's my current situation:

• 1.) Amassed $60 worth of BTC
  • 2.) Withdrew $50 into cold storage, kept $10/0.044BTC to play around and/or learn with (ie. lose, so as to not get my hopes up Wink)
  • 3.) Transferred my BTC to Poloniex, and figured I'd try learning the basics of exchanges/trading

I've spread my bits around into various coins.  Because I have no idea what I'm doing - and at the same time putting all my trust in you guys Shocked, I'll tell you what coins I've vested in.  My wealth is spread as such:

Code:
[ARCH] ARCHcoin 10.69400404 

[BTC] Bitcoin 0.00664344

[DOGE] Dogecoin 2603.47826087

[HUGE] BIGcoin 14520.12404124

[NMC] Namecoin 7.27706705

[NXT] NXT 222.94797859

[PPC] Peercoin 1.24685423

[SYS] Syscoin 538.00539083

[XMG] Magi 121.26715731

I've tried reading what various popular trading threads exist, yet usually leave the threads with as little knowledge as I had entered with (and sometimes embarrassed in myself, leaving threads like pumping dicks slathered in the self-praising semen from others getting off in such circle-jerks). 

I still failed at obtaining any useful info - buy low, sell high...but how do I know what low/high is? How should I be properly reading each coin's chart?  Should I be looking at their /all graphs, or judge when to buy/sell by the hour/day/week/month/year?  What's the importance of market cap vs price vs available supply vs volume, and how should I assess these factors when deciding whether or not to invest in an alt?

I realize this is a lot to be asking, but it's just so difficult to find the answers I'm looking for, without ending up in wikipedia pages for fiat currencies, or "THE ANSWERS ALL HERE, LINE PUMPY'S POCKETS FOR THE MEANING OF LIFE, I'M SO RICH I'LL PROVE IT WITH TUMBLR GIFs"-esqe garbage!

I highly appreciate any and all help, and will happily reward any descriptive advice with some changetip  Kiss Kiss

Cheers!
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 01:02:26 AM

I still failed at obtaining any useful info - buy low, sell high...but how do I know what low/high is? How should I be properly reading each coin's chart?  Should I be looking at their /all graphs, or judge when to buy/sell by the hour/day/week/month/year?  What's the importance of market cap vs price vs available supply vs volume, and how should I assess these factors when deciding whether or not to invest in an alt?

I don't think there is a easy answer sadly.  Trading is a beast of it's own.  Some are pump/dump, other have long term futures. 

The ones that have a good idea and making good money, don't tend to share the knowledge as it would cut into their profit.  Just like trading bots, sure they are out there but a good configuration is treated like gold.
CoinFriend

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

support.

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 01:10:23 AM

I know I'm already breaking a couple of the trading world's cardinal rules here, so please bear with me  Grin

• 2.) Withdrew $50 into cold storage, kept $10/0.044BTC to play around and/or learn with (ie. lose, so as to not get my hopes up Wink)
  • 3.) Transferred my BTC to Poloniex, and figured I'd try learning the basics of exchanges/trading

I've spread my bits around into various coins.  Because I have no idea what I'm doing - and at the same time putting all my trust in you guys Shocked, I'll tell you what coins I've vested in.  My wealth is spread as such:

Code:

[BTC] Bitcoin 0.00664344

[NXT] NXT 222.94797859

[XMG] Magi 121.26715731

I've tried reading what various popular trading threads exist, yet usually leave the threads with as little knowledge as I had entered with (and sometimes embarrassed in myself, leaving threads like pumping dicks slathered in the self-praising semen from others getting off in such circle-jerks). 

I realize this is a lot to be asking, but it's just so difficult to find the answers I'm looking for, without ending up in wikipedia pages for fiat currencies, or "THE ANSWERS ALL HERE, LINE PUMPY'S POCKETS FOR THE MEANING OF LIFE, I'M SO RICH I'LL PROVE IT WITH TUMBLR GIFs"-esqe garbage!

I highly appreciate any and all help, and will happily reward any descriptive advice with some changetip  Kiss Kiss

Cheers!

Hey man,
i trade every day and i can answer a lot of your questions. But it is not done wit a single post. I am sure you will get further question...

To start with, i tell you first. It's a good idea that you play around with a small amount. Putt the biggest part in cold storage is a good and safe choice.

Second, i like some of the coins you selected. And some i miss. But i would not all buy at the same time... And if you hold a coin for a longer time, it is an advantage if they are traded on different exchanges!

Third, you have to choose exchanges also where you trade your coins. Choose only one exchange for the beginning, to understand how it works. Placing an order, order books and trade history. As well read the graphs, but this is a part for it self. About graphs is a lot to learn, but not a need to understand the basics.
And later you will find out that you can buy on one exchange and sell on a other and that is profitable to use more exchanges.

As next, write all the things and trades you do in a excel sheet. I did it in the beginning and it helped me a lot to understand what i do. Sometimes it is good for remember something also. And it will show you, all exchanges provide different quality.

Yeah and i understand your question about the price really good. What is a low or high price. I can tell you, the way i trade there is the price is not very important! Because i try to hold the altcoins not for a long time. At best i buy and sell "at the same moment". Search for "arbitrage". if you buy a coin and hold it for a long time then you are invested in it. And if you are invested you should be sure that you have a good coin.
And see also here, i wrote something about my way of trading (on different exchanges).
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1025442.msg11211078#msg11211078

Also i can tell you, it is a lot of learning by doing. I learned it all by myself, by reading, thinking and try out something.
Not all the provided data you need, like volume, price, market cap and many more. you will find out what is important for you and your strategy. a strategy you will build up after a while... you will see.

I think this should be enough information for my first post Smiley
Tell me your questions, i try to give answers good as possible.

Cheers  

- https://www.cryptopia.co.nz  - your one stop crypto shop  -
Exchange, Mineshaft, Marketplace and much more. Check it out Smiley
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 3081

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2015, 01:18:14 AM

I still failed at obtaining any useful info - buy low, sell high...but how do I know what low/high is?

The people that could answer that would be on a beach somewhere sipping daiquiris.  Smiley

You have to learn how to read the ups and downs.  If it was easy to make money everyone would be rich.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soonish!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
CoinFriend

support.

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 01:33:18 AM

I still failed at obtaining any useful info - buy low, sell high...but how do I know what low/high is?

The people that could answer that would be on a beach somewhere sipping daiquiris.  Smiley

You have to learn how to read the ups and downs.  If it was easy to make money everyone would be rich.

Do you believe it is more easy to say what is a high and a low price if someone is on a beach?
Right money making is not easy. And generating a profit from changing pices is a continual process and not a short time thing that you do one time and after it you can go to the beach.
And like i said before, you learn to read the up and downs if you work with them. It's learning by doing.

I don't think there is a easy answer sadly.  Trading is a beast of it's own.  Some are pump/dump, other have long term futures. 

The ones that have a good idea and making good money, don't tend to share the knowledge as it would cut into their profit.  Just like trading bots, sure they are out there but a good configuration is treated like gold.
And trading bots are also a topic for itself. You can work with them if you understand what you do. Before you are not able set a good configuration.
And sure the best information will nobody share. But the basics are good to share. Because the market needs trader. If you trade you will see it this way.

SirLolicon

Activity: 322

Sound Engineer for Hire

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 01:38:29 AM

Buy Low Sell High.

To know what's low and high you have to determine it yourself.
It's all about how you predict the market. if you think it's gonna be a strong day
then you can probably buy a below the 24 hr average in bulk and sell a bit lower than the highest ask.

That's what I used to do, got 30$ out of 12$ worth of alt coin back when NXT was inflating

OBAViJEST (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2015, 01:55:03 AM

Code:

[BTC] Bitcoin 0.00664344

[NXT] NXT 222.94797859

[XMG] Magi 121.26715731

Cheers!

Hey man,
i trade every day and i can answer a lot of your questions. But it is not done wit a single post. I am sure you will get further question...

To start with, i tell you first. It's a good idea that you play around with a small amount. Putt the biggest part in cold storage is a good and safe choice.

Second, i like some of the coins you selected. And some i miss. But i would not all buy at the same time... And if you hold a coin for a longer time, it is an advantage if they are traded on different exchanges!

Third, you have to choose exchanges also where you trade your coins. Choose only one exchange for the beginning, to understand how it works. Placing an order, order books and trade history. As well read the graphs, but this is a part for it self. About graphs is a lot to learn, but not a need to understand the basics.
And later you will find out that you can buy on one exchange and sell on a other and that is profitable to use more exchanges.

As next, write all the things and trades you do in a excel sheet. I did it in the beginning and it helped me a lot to understand what i do. Sometimes it is good for remember something also. And it will show you, all exchanges provide different quality.

Yeah and i understand your question about the price really good. What is a low or high price. I can tell you, the way i trade there is the price is not very important! Because i try to hold the altcoins not for a long time. At best i buy and sell "at the same moment". Search for "arbitrage". if you buy a coin and hold it for a long time then you are invested in it. And if you are invested you should be sure that you have a good coin.
And see also here, i wrote something about my way of trading (on different exchanges).
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1025442.msg11211078#msg11211078

Also i can tell you, it is a lot of learning by doing. I learned it all by myself, by reading, thinking and try out something.
Not all the provided data you need, like volume, price, market cap and many more. you will find out what is important for you and your strategy. a strategy you will build up after a while... you will see.

I think this should be enough information for my first post Smiley
Tell me your questions, i try to give answers good as possible.

Cheers  

Thanks a lot for this, sent you a PM  Grin Grin

And thank you to everyone else here, I've read each response in detail, and will reply to each of you in due time...but for now, switching between PCs Wink

Thanks again.
Mayuyu48

Activity: 644

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 02:11:33 AM

If you want to buy low sell high method, try to learn about trading analysis. Speculation section is good place to learn.
but watch out there are so many trolls there Smiley

My advice is set target of price that you want to sell your coin
if current price reach the target, just sell it. This is safe way for trading altcoin.
And set target for losses too, if your coin value decreased more than 30%, for example. just sell it without wait more loss
but be careful with greedy behavior, it will ruin your strategy

OBAViJEST (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2015, 03:18:25 AM

If you want to buy low sell high method, try to learn about trading analysis. Speculation section is good place to learn.

if current price reach the target, just sell it. This is safe way for trading altcoin.
And set target for losses too, if your coin value decreased more than 30%, for example. just sell it without wait more loss

Thanks, I saw the options for 'stop-limits' but was not 100% sure how to implement their use. Appreciate your help  Grin
not altcoin hitler

Activity: 212
Merit: 22

Amazix

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 07:04:42 AM
Last edit: April 29, 2015, 07:40:20 AM by not altcoin hitler

I still failed at obtaining any useful info - buy low, sell high...but how do I know what low/high is? How should I be properly reading each coin's chart?  Should I be looking at their /all graphs, or judge when to buy/sell by the hour/day/week/month/year?  What's the importance of market cap vs price vs available supply vs volume, and how should I assess these factors when deciding whether or not to invest in an alt?

- Marketcap devided by number of coins equals price of a coin ... or: price of the coin multiplied by number of coins equals marketcap (logically)
- tradevolume devided by price equals number of coins traded
- look out for inflationrate. How many new coins are created per day/month/year? New coins mostly go to market. So inflation makes up the supply. And as we know demand AND supply make the price. If demand is consistently higher than inflation, coin theoretically goes up.
- In daytrading you sell when it goes down to rebuy more coins lower
- Looking at alltime graph or 1 year graph is certainly helpful to get an idea what potential the coin has (or had) and what the trend is (right now i think many coins can be found that are close to rock bottom)
- Tradevolume can fluctuate wildly day to day
- generally one shouldn't 'invest' in coins at all. I thought similar but it turned out that this place is full of scum, incompetence, vapourware and crooks and most coins don't live all that long. Maybe even bitcoin won't live all that long, who knows? Daytrading and swingtrading is what 80% of people do especially if you are a small fish that can't afford to, so to speak, make a coin his 'own bitch'.
- with small bankroll like you, often trading at the spread can be lucrative. You'll find coins with large spread on every exchange. Trading that spread profitable is also possible.
- if you devide daily tradevolume by daily inflationrate you'll get a metric that let's you compare all these coins directly. Think about this.  
- never listen to any adivce on this board. Everyone just wants into your pocket. Only trade according to your own research and judgement.
- newer coins are more risky and volatile than older coins.
- never buy based on promises or hype

In trading 90% of people loose. It is competition. Either you learn fast and make it to top 20% and later 10% and end up living off it or you're going to be erased in the long run. We've seen many people vanish here in the past year, many lost everything. (look at altcoin charts, some things are down 99,9%) Alts are volatile as hell. Good financial management and risk mitigation is where it's at. Never all in! Take some profits when possible. Don't be greedy. Try to cut losses early.

Observe how buyers rule until they are exhausting and slowing down and are engulfed by a large seller and then sellers rule until they are exhausted and are engulfed by a large buyer. That's the beat of the market.

Contrary to mayuyu:
Avoid speculation section. It's biased.
Don't cut your gains when you're sensible enough to read the market. Ride the winners to where they take you but pay attention and be alert to sell once the buyers are exhausting. Guessing tops and bottoms can be learned. You know you've achieved it when your medium sized marketorder frequently tends to tip the market. (godmode trader)

Daytrading 101 training can help. Controlling your emotions (fear and greed) is where it's at. Marketaction is a reflection of fear and greed aswell as hopes of the market participants. Learn to capitalize on fear and greed of others.

Most important: don't believe a word you read here. Trust nobody, not even admins.

Good luck

OBAViJEST (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2015, 07:28:00 PM

I still failed at obtaining any useful info - buy low, sell high...but how do I know what low/high is? How should I be properly reading each coin's chart?  Should I be looking at their /all graphs, or judge when to buy/sell by the hour/day/week/month/year?  What's the importance of market cap vs price vs available supply vs volume, and how should I assess these factors when deciding whether or not to invest in an alt?

- Marketcap devided by number of coins equals price of a coin ... or: price of the coin multiplied by number of coins equals marketcap (logically)
- look out for inflationrate. How many new coins are created per day/month/year? New coins mostly go to market. So inflation makes up the supply. And as we know demand AND supply make the price. If demand is consistently higher than inflation, coin theoretically goes up.
- Looking at alltime graph or 1 year graph is certainly helpful to get an idea what potential the coin has (or had) and what the trend is (right now i think many coins can be found that are close to rock bottom)
- generally one shouldn't 'invest' in coins at all. I thought similar but it turned out that this place is full of scum, incompetence, vapourware and crooks and most coins don't live all that long. Maybe even bitcoin won't live all that long, who knows? Daytrading and swingtrading is what 80% of people do especially if you are a small fish that can't afford to, so to speak, make a coin his 'own bitch'.
- with small bankroll like you, often trading at the spread can be lucrative. You'll find coins with large spread on every exchange. Trading that spread profitable is also possible.
- if you devide daily tradevolume by daily inflationrate you'll get a metric that let's you compare all these coins directly. Think about this.  
- never listen to any adivce on this board. Everyone just wants into your pocket. Only trade according to your own research and judgement.

In trading 90% of people loose. It is competition. Either you learn fast and make it to top 20% and later 10% and end up living off it or you're going to be erased in the long run. We've seen many people vanish here in the past year, many lost everything. (look at altcoin charts, some things are down 99,9%) Alts are volatile as hell. Good financial management and risk mitigation is where it's at. Never all in! Take some profits when possible. Don't be greedy. Try to cut losses early.

Observe how buyers rule until they are exhausting and slowing down and are engulfed by a large seller and then sellers rule until they are exhausted and are engulfed by a large buyer. That's the beat of the market.

Contrary to mayuyu:
Don't cut your gains when you're sensible enough to read the market. Ride the winners to where they take you but pay attention and be alert to sell once the buyers are exhausting. Guessing tops and bottoms can be learned. You know you've achieved it when your medium sized marketorder frequently tends to tip the market. (godmode trader)

Daytrading 101 training can help. Controlling your emotions (fear and greed) is where it's at. Marketaction is a reflection of fear and greed aswell as hopes of the market participants. Learn to capitalize on fear and greed of others.

Most important: don't believe a word you read here. Trust nobody, not even admins.

Good luck

Thanks for the detailed info. I'll read it further in a couple minutes & respond more

Pm me with any one of your emails, or a reddit username, I'll send you a nice changetip for the help Wink
CoinFriend

support.

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 08:18:52 PM

Contrary to mayuyu:

Good luck

Thanks for the detailed info. I'll read it further in a couple minutes & respond more

Pm me with any one of your emails, or a reddit username, I'll send you a nice changetip for the help Wink

yes, he wrote many good points and mostly all of them need a further discussion, otherwise the topics would be not profound enough.
and he also mix two different things. day trading and long term trading.
not all data which is provided on a exchange is important for both kinds of trading.
my opinion, first you should know the basics. for example,what is a base currency. and then we can talk about the data and values which is shown on a exchange. and you should understand the currency/coin itself, to know why the price against a other currency change! (or why not!)
and before you execute a trade you must be sure, what kind of trade you perform to profit from.

day trading needs a lot experience and understanding, because you should be sure that you know the direction in which the market move. and it need some time to read and understand a chart perfect.

but i wont say, trading is a competition only. it is also a fair way to profit from difference on the market. It is a way which balancing creates. especially if you do arbitrage. arbitrage can also generate profit in short time frames and is more secure as day trading!

arbitrage is very secure, if you understand the procedure and do it right!  
day trading is speculation!

Thanks, I saw the options for 'stop-limits' but was not 100% sure how to implement their use. Appreciate your help  Grin

this order type for example is a advantage for day traders. a stop order executes your trade if you are not on your computer and watch the market. there are different kind of stop orders also.
the order type which is available on every exchange (the standard order) is called "good till canceled"
and what the guy here talk about, with a target price, it sound a lot like day trading.

odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3231

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 08:43:05 PM
Last edit: April 29, 2015, 10:41:04 PM by odolvlobo

The only way to make money trading to know more about the thing you are trading than the people you are trading with. If you trade based on charts or speculation or rumor, you are going to lose to the people that actually know what's going on.

Don't believe most of what other people say. They know a lot less than they think they know.

Don't get suckered by people selling books and bots and get-rich-quick schemes. There is no successful trading strategy. Successful trading is opportunistic -- you see an opportunity and you take it. I guess you could consider that a strategy.

Finally, don't fall for the pump-and-dump scams. If you aren't the one doing the pumping, then you must be the victim.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
OBAViJEST (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2015, 09:14:37 PM

The only way to make money trading to know more about the thing you are trading than the people you are trading with. If you trade based on charts or speculation or rumor, you are going to lose to the people that actually know what's going on.

Don't believe most of what other people say. They know a lot less than they think they know.

Don't get suckered by people selling stuff books and bots and get-rich-quick schemes. There is no successful trading strategy. Successful trading is opportunistic -- you see an opportunity and you take it.

Finally, don't fall for the pump-and-dump scams. If you aren't the one doing the pumping, then you must be the victim.

Could you elaborate a bit on the whole pump-and-dump 'process'?  Is this what people in the 'pumpers picks' thread got suckered into doing?  It feels like that whole thread is one guy taking advantage of everyone else there...
CoinFriend

support.

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 10:18:28 PM

wow, what a "legendary" answer in the newbie section. in other words he say, stay away from trading, there are big players and they rip you off. any reason for that answer?
this happened only, if you go on a market and buy a coin and hope to sell it at a higher price. also it could happen if you invest all your money.
if you are smart than you can calculate a bit. Maybe you find a coin which you can buy for BTC at cheaper price as the sell price on the  LTC market. That means you buy for BTC and sell for LTC, the LTC you exchange back to BTC after it. If your calculation before was correct then you have more BTC as before.
This is a typical 3 way arbitrage. You can do it inner-exchange, also is it possible to execute one step on a other exchange.

This way of trading is total independently from other traders, because it is very fast possible. It is no speculation, only calculation. And you don't need to look at a chart.
Also the volume is unimportant.
It is only a need that the price constellation is available and the calculation is correct.

yeah, including the people who say those words all the time and provide answers like yours.
Are you scared that someone could steal your trade opportunities?

Don't get suckered by people selling stuff books and bots and get-rich-quick schemes. There is no successful trading strategy. Successful trading is opportunistic -- you see an opportunity and you take it.
And yeah i agree with some points of this. Bots are not for newbies. Only who know what he is doing exactly can use a bot to do something automatic. But they have nothing to do with get rich quick schemes. Also book are something different!
There is good perusal for reading charts, for sure.
And if someone trade successful, he use a strategy. I speak from experience which i have made! And i have a strict strategy which i use. And again, arbitrage is a strategy! Can you explain your answer with a bit more details? Or have you read this somewhere else?
Also a good strategy is to trade with very small amounts! Small as possible. If something goes wrong then you are able to cover the looses more easy.
And for sure, arbitrage is a opportunity which is not possible at all time. If you see and calculate this this opportunity, you can take it!

rokkyroad
Legendary

Activity: 1090

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 10:31:02 PM

Best advice ever.

Trade with chump change for fun. Don't put any serious money into it. Altcoins are a losing proposition these days.

" If you have to spam and shout to justify your existence then you are a shit coin."  TaunSew
odolvlobo
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 10:39:53 PM

wow, what a "legendary" answer in the newbie section. in other words he say, stay away from trading, there are big players and they rip you off. any reason for that answer?
this happened only, if you go on a market and buy a coin and hope to sell it at a higher price. also it could happen if you invest all your money.
if you are smart than you can calculate a bit. Maybe you find a coin which you can buy for BTC at cheaper price as the sell price on the  LTC market. That means you buy for BTC and sell for LTC, the LTC you exchange back to BTC after it. If your calculation before was correct then you have more BTC as before.
This is a typical 3 way arbitrage. You can do it inner-exchange, also is it possible to execute one step on a other exchange.

This way of trading is total independently from other traders, because it is very fast possible. It is no speculation, only calculation. And you don't need to look at a chart.
Also the volume is unimportant.
It is only a need that the price constellation is available and the calculation is correct.

I'm not saying don't trade, I'm saying don't trade widgets if you don't know what a widget is or how it works or why someone would want to buy or sell a widget. If you don't have a good idea where the price is going to go, then you are just guessing and you are going to lose money.

Arbitrage does not work as well as most people think.

yeah, including the people who say those words all the time and provide answers like yours. Are you scared that someone could steal your trade opportunities?

Well, I'm not making any claims or predictions.

Don't get suckered by people selling stuff -- books and bots and get-rich-quick schemes. There is no successful trading strategy. Successful trading is opportunistic -- you see an opportunity and you take it.
And yeah i agree with some points of this. Bots are not for newbies. Only who know what he is doing exactly can use a bot to do something automatic. But they have nothing to do with get rich quick schemes. Also book are something different!
There is good perusal for reading charts, for sure.
And if someone trade successful, he use a strategy. I speak from experience which i have made! And i have a strict strategy which i use. And again, arbitrage is a strategy! Can you explain your answer with a bit more details? Or have you read this somewhere else?
Also a good strategy is to trade with very small amounts! Small as possible. If something goes wrong then you are able to cover the looses more easy.
And for sure, arbitrage is a opportunity which is not possible at all time. If you see and calculate this this opportunity, you can take it!

Arbitrage works in theory, but not so well in practice.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
RussianRaibow

Activity: 616

I AM A SCAMMER

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2015, 10:46:20 PM

How do u deny the importance of charts ? Do u think between 2 broking house trading on wall street knows one thing better than the other ?

I AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMER
odolvlobo
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 10:55:06 PM

Could you elaborate a bit on the whole pump-and-dump 'process'?  Is this what people in the 'pumpers picks' thread got suckered into doing?  It feels like that whole thread is one guy taking advantage of everyone else there...

it's very straightforward.

• Step 1: Buy an asset.
  • Step 2: Convince people that the price of the asset is going to rise, and that they should buy it -- the "pump".
  • Step 3. Sell the asset once the price has risen because of all the people fooled by the "pump" bought it. -- the "dump"
  • Step 4. Enjoy the wealth. Laugh at the people that lose money as the price returns to normal.

odolvlobo
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 10:58:43 PM

How do u deny the importance of charts ?

I deny the importance of astrology. It has charts, too.

Do u think between 2 broking house trading on wall street knows one thing better than the other ?

Some do, some don't, but both know more than their clients and that's how they make the most money.

rokkyroad
Legendary

Activity: 1090

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 10:59:40 PM

as the price returns to normal.

To elaborate further: as the price drops forever till shitcoin is delisted at exchanges everywhere and you are now the proud bagholder of worthless coins.

Speaking from experience ... dammit.

" If you have to spam and shout to justify your existence then you are a shit coin."  TaunSew
CoinFriend

support.

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 11:20:43 PM

I'm not saying don't trade, I'm saying don't trade widgets if you don't know what a widget is or how it works or why someone would want to buy or sell a widget. If you don't have a good idea where the price is going to go, then you are just guessing and you are going to lose money.

Do you have a reason why you say that? Experience?
What or why is it not working exactly in practice? What must be different that it works in practice (according to your opinion)?
Which kind of arbitrage we talking about?
i totally disagree! And my balance on the exchange show me the result! i trade mostly (at over 90 %) arbitrage!
because it is nearly without risk and nearly independently in which direction the price moves!
but i needed a long time to find the perfect way of practicing it... to find a strategy !

and i do speculation if i trade with the moving prices! it is a different kind of trading!
speculation needs moving in prices! that's why day trading is profitable (but if you know what you do only).
and for speculation i must know and understated the currency, as well the things behind it.
further i must read the chart. each candle i must understand!
then i can get big profits.
by the way, if you can read a chart and if you do it regularly, you will see it before if someone plans a pump or dump. and if you are clever you see can assume when the pump/dump is over. it is all learning and understanding, as well knowing.

And please don't put two things in the same pot...

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 11:29:14 PM

What or why is it not working exactly in practice? What must be different that it works in practice (according to your opinion)?
Which kind of arbitrage we talking about?
i totally disagree! And my balance on the exchange show me the result! i trade mostly (at over 90 %) arbitrage!
because it is nearly without risk and nearly independently in which direction the price moves!
but i needed a long time to find the perfect way of practicing it... to find a strategy !

and i do speculation if i trade with the moving prices! it is a different kind of trading!
speculation needs moving in prices! that's why day trading is profitable (but if you know what you do only).
and for speculation i must know and understated the currency, as well the things behind it.
further i must read the chart. each candle i must understand!
then i can get big profits.
by the way, if you can read a chart and if you do it regularly, you will see it before if someone plans a pump or dump. and if you are clever you see can assume when the pump/dump is over. it is all learning and understanding, as well knowing.

And please don't put two things in the same pot...

I don't think we have enough information.  I have spent a ton of time on the forum and have only been offered to join a Arbitrage once. I passed as I didnt think it would do much.  In the end they got 10 percent profit.  This was in about 30 day's (at some point it did show a loss).

If someone has a working Arbitrage bot they will not speak up or talk about it.  It is worth to much money to them if it's working.
CoinFriend

support.

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 11:45:49 PM

as the price returns to normal.

To elaborate further: as the price drops forever till shitcoin is delisted at exchanges everywhere and you are now the proud bagholder of worthless coins.

Speaking from experience ... dammit.

Hey man, the block chain still exists of those coins!
It is only the exchange which means to delist the coin, because it is not profitable for the exchange. I don't like this idea...
c-cex and bittrex are exchanges who watch at the profit firstly.

since few moths there is a new exchange, they have a strict NO delist policy!
they provide also mining pools for all coins!
and they have a own marketplace which works like you know from ebay, but only whit crypto currency.
Since i trade there it is my favorite home of crypto Wink

Could you elaborate a bit on the whole pump-and-dump 'process'?  Is this what people in the 'pumpers picks' thread got suckered into doing?  It feels like that whole thread is one guy taking advantage of everyone else there...

it's very straightforward.

• Step 1: Buy an asset.
  • Step 2: Convince people that the price of the asset is going to rise, and that they should buy it -- the "pump".
  • Step 3. Sell the asset once the price has risen because of all the people fooled by the "pump" bought it. -- the "dump"
  • Step 4. Enjoy the wealth. Laugh at the people that lose money as the price returns to normal.

hey, never trust someone who say buy this coin!
i such a case i would do the opposite maybe. better i stay away.
there is no reason to get invested due to someone others advice.

but if you see a bump/dump, you can still use the spread to gain some profits.
i did this for example with html5/ltc, it went many times up and down at the last time.
the direction was clear and this allowed me to go behind the spread also...
HTML5 and LTC are base currencys on bleutrade. and bleutrade is good to buy some coins cheap.
i am lucky now to have some more html5 and ltc Wink
and nobody told me to buy or sell the coins, but i got profits from the pumps and dumps finally...

OBAViJEST (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2015, 12:15:31 AM

Buy Low Sell High.

It's all about how you predict the market. if you think it's gonna be a strong day
then you can probably buy a below the 24 hr average in bulk and sell a bit lower than the highest ask.

That's what I used to do, got 30$ out of 12$ worth of alt coin back when NXT was inflating

Interesting...sounds pretty risky though!  Regardless good job on making that profit off NXT Wink and that username...most resolute, my liege.  Such obstinance must surely invoke the wrath of many a state servant...DBAN, a most trusted defense I presume!
odolvlobo
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 12:18:47 AM

I have had experience with arbitrage in the stock market and in the crypto-currency markets.

It doesn't work well in practice because you are competing with many people for the tiny discrepancies in price. The key to making money in arbitrage is to find and execute on an opportunity before anybody else does. That's not easy. Automation is key.

CoinFriend

support.

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 12:39:58 AM

I don't think we have enough information.  I have spent a ton of time on the forum and have only been offered to join a Arbitrage once. I passed as I didn't think it would do much.  In the end they got 10 percent profit.  This was in about 30 day's (at some point it did show a loss).

If someone has a working Arbitrage bot they will not speak up or talk about it.  It is worth to much money to them if it's working.

About information. I search only coin relevant data here, some specifications / technical details. They are good to know and really important if you plan a long time investment!

Other than you, i spend the most time on exchanges and search for arbitrage opportunities.
Arbitrage is a situation of two or more markets (on the same or different exchanges, like bittrex and cryptsy)!

Arbitrage is nothing that someone offer to participate on it! (Or i got your point wrong and don't understand what you mean whit "have only been offered to join a Arbitrage"; also i dot understand the 30 days...)

If someone offer you a possible trade he could do it for his own profit maybe. But by the way, 10% is a good reward for a arbitrage trade.
To execute a arbitrage needs only a short amount of time. Only the time you need to create the orders on the involved markets + the time to withdrawal coins from one to a other exchange, if they not already on balance.

Hey, please tell me more about your arbitrage, and how it was in detail. I will be sure that we talk about the same...

CoinFriend

support.

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 01:45:46 AM

I have had experience with arbitrage in the stock market and in the crypto-currency markets.

It doesn't work well in practice because you are competing with many people for the tiny discrepancies in price. The key to making money in arbitrage is to find and execute on an opportunity before anybody else does. That's not easy. Automation is key.

Okay, now i understand you have experience with a direct kind of arbitrage. And this problem i know very well. The best opportunities here are only if markets change the price, then you can use the difference between markets to profit from it.
look for example on the doge/btc markets. there is no arbitrage possible, price is all the same on different exchanges.
only automation is fast enough to get the chance sometimes.

and that's why i have my own strategies now.
one is for example: i search for markets/coins with low volume and big spread. a spread which is bigger as the spread on the same market on a other exchange (or as the same coin against a other base currency)!
if i found a market i place a order to buy a coin cheap
.it need some time now. i can see on the order book already before i place the buy-order if people sell coins for low prices on this market. and i predict how long it could need to fill my order.
this way i get the coins cheap after a while. then i can sell it on a other exchange on the same market. or maybe i can do a 3 way arbitrage on the same exchange.
this way of arbitrage is harder to automatize. it is indirect because i have planed the first step and have to wait for the execution.
and if the other market (where i like to sell) went down in price, i am able to cancel my buy-order.

and yes, arbitrage is possible on the stock and coin markets, as well on the local market between towns, and with apples.
If i know that someone buy 1 apple for 1 bitcoin in town B.
And i know due to my research that somebody in town A sells a apples sometimes for 0.8 bitcoin.
I will place a order in town A on the market to pay him 0.85 bitcoin for the apple.
It needs some time, but after the next harvest i get 1 apple for 0.85 bitcoin. Now i need 0.05 bitcoin to travel to town B (it's like the withdrawal fee). Now in town B i sell my apple for 1 bitcoin and have 0.1 bitcoin profit.

And if i do this example between countries with different local currencies, then i have a 3 way arbitrage. Here is the important 3. step to exchange the foreign currency back to my own local currency, to make the arbitrage process complete.

not altcoin hitler

Amazix

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 11:49:24 PM
Last edit: May 03, 2015, 12:02:06 AM by not altcoin hitler

Arbitrage never in a down market. In a bullmarket arbitrage can make a couple of extra bucks if everything works out in a timely manner (no problems with wallets at the exchanges). In a down market it can easily happen that while your coins transfer from one exchange to the other price goes down and you actuallly lost money on it. So arbitrage is best in uptrend.
Generally there isn't a lot money in arbitrage, only on rare occasions one can find profitable opportunities.
One also needs to take withdrawal fees into account.

Arbitrageurs will like this page: http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/arbitrage

btw: coin competition is running. One can practice with play money trading btc. The winner is determined once in a month and can win 5 btc

https://www.coincompetition.com

Also good to practice trading.

not altcoin hitler

Amazix

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 12:13:15 AM

Could you elaborate a bit on the whole pump-and-dump 'process'?  Is this what people in the 'pumpers picks' thread got suckered into doing?  It feels like that whole thread is one guy taking advantage of everyone else there...

Pump and dump (which is illegal in regulated markets) means a product is hyped up after it was silently bought up (normally with microbuys or any other covert method of accumulation by a whale. If you are good at looking at the markets you can spot these activities (that strategy is called "whale watching"). If you are a good whale watcher and manage to get in before the pump you have the edge. But most people chase pumps and they loose. People see price rocket and listen to the hype and they buy into rising markets. Often times the coin dumps on them and they ended up buying high. So if you chase pumps look for fast enter and very fast exit again. Better to be whale watching and try to get in on ground level. The whales speculate on people chasing the pumps and the pump chasers are normally the ones loosing out.

The pumper picks thread is bullshit of course. Never follow any investement advice because the people giving that advice a) do something illigal in issuing that advice and b) do it for personal gains. The one giving investement advice normally just advertises what he just bought so he actually wants to sell to you. Never join pump groups and especially not for entry fee. It's 99,9% scams. The way to make money in the markets is to go solo and improve on your own skills. Don't ever rely on other people. Learn from your mistakes. When you loose money: ask yourself why and try to identify the mistake and try to never do that mistake again. This is also the way chessplayers improve their game.

Generally: don't buy into coins which are already up by 60%+ in short time. Best is to be in early or stay out entirely.

Protip:
It's time to buy, when really everyone is butthurt and it's time to sell when everyone is euphoric. When people cry "to the moon" a lot it's time to sell  Wink

CoinFriend

support.

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 12:38:42 AM

Arbitrage never in a down market. In a bullmarket arbitrage can make a couple of extra bucks if everything works out in a timely manner (no problems with wallets at the exchanges). In a down market it can easily happen that while your coins transfer from one exchange to the other price goes down and you actuallly lost money on it. So arbitrage is best in uptrend.
Generally there isn't a lot money in arbitrage, only on rare occasions one can find profitable opportunities.
One also needs to take withdrawal fees into account.

Arbitrageurs will like this page: http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/arbitrage

btw: coin competition is running. One can practice with play money trading btc. The winner is determined once in a month and can win 5 btc

https://www.coincompetition.com

Also good to practice trading.

nice to see someone with experience.
but i can not agree fully in every point!

the direction in which a market moves should be regardless for a arbitrage.
but you can get a problem if you have to transfer coins, right! only in such a case can a fast down trend be the problem.
but if you know that you have a down trend you can place a buy order wich get filled in future...(in case of a down trend)

and further, not for every arbitrage you need to transfer coins from exchange A to exchange B. the best case is you have on both exchanges the same coins. you sent them to a other exchange only to hold equal account balances (but i recommend this for base currencies only)

and especially a 3-way-arbitrage can be really profitable in a downtrend! (but in a up tend in the same way) but i didn't know a website which is showing such a opportunity. also here you have to place that get filled in future.

maybe tomorrow or the next days i write more about this...

and for the newbies:
up tend is called also: bull market
downtrend is a: bear market

Wink

CoinFriend

support.

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 12:55:35 AM

Pump and dump (which is illegal in regulated markets) means a product is hyped up after it was silently bought up (normally with microbuys or any other covert method of accumulation by a whale. If you are good at looking at the markets you can spot these activities (that strategy is called "whale watching"). If you are a good whale watcher and manage to get in before the pump you have the edge. But most people chase pumps and they loose. People see price rocket and listen to the hype and they buy into rising markets. Often times the coin dumps on them and they ended up buying high. So if you chase pumps look for fast enter and very fast exit again. Better to be whale watching and try to get in on ground level. The whales speculate on people chasing the pumps and the pump chasers are normally the ones loosing out.

The pumper picks thread is bullshit of course. Never follow any investement advice because the people giving that advice a) do something illigal in issuing that advice and b) do it for personal gains. The one giving investement advice normally just advertises what he just bought so he actually wants to sell to you. Never join pump groups and especially not for entry fee. It's 99,9% scams. The way to make money in the markets is to go solo and improve on your own skills. Don't ever rely on other people. Learn from your mistakes. When you loose money: ask yourself why and try to identify the mistake and try to never do that mistake again. This is also the way chessplayers improve their game.

Generally: don't buy into coins which are already up by 60%+ in short time. Best is to be in early or stay out entirely.

Protip:
It's time to buy, when really everyone is butthurt and it's time to sell when everyone is euphoric. When people cry "to the moon" a lot it's time to sell  Wink

this should become a separate topic, it is a lot to say about chart reading.
also this is a separate way of trading, much more speculative as arbitrage only. arbitrage is a more calculation.
but with a pumped or dumped market is arbitrage to different markets/exchanges very good possible and high profitable!

but the important point is the own knowledge!
you say this already: never trust someone if he say it is time to buy or sell. ( mostly never Wink )

OBAViJEST (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2015, 03:54:58 AM

Well,if you create a new thread, let me know! All this info is blowing my mind right now, so I'm still processing and practicing everything being said here.

Please continue...thanks again for all the advice, guys Wink
CoinFriend

support.

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 01:14:09 AM

Well,if you create a new thread, let me know! All this info is blowing my mind right now, so I'm still processing and practicing everything being said here.

Please continue...thanks again for all the advice, guys Wink

I believe it is really hard stuff for someone who is new into trading. And it is lot of information too. Enough to write books about this all... But i think, practicing is the best way for learning and to find out how things work.

Maybe you saw today some arbitrage opportunity between different exchanges with DOGE/BTC. DOGE is in down trend! Today it went faster down than the last days.
For example, i saw a difference between CRYPTOPIA and CRYPTSY. So i sold my DOGE on CRYPTOPIA and brought them back at the same time on CRYPTSY, 1 satoshi cheaper.
This way i have done a 2-way-arbitrage without processing a transaction between each arbitrage step.
Only after completion i sent some DOGE back to CRAPTOPIA.
Now someone maybe means, only one satoshi, this is like nothing. Yeah right, it is only a smal profit, but now i have some more BTC on balance on CRYPTOPIA. (and further, i need BTC there for other trades)
With such kind of trade i can move BTC form one to another exchange faster and cheaper than sending them. CRYPTSY has a really high transactions fees in comparison to other exchanges. Sending DOGE and other coins doesn't cost that much.

pooya87
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 10572

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 04:33:40 AM

1) I've spread my bits around into various coins. 
2) Because I have no idea what I'm doing -
3) and at the same time putting all my trust in you guys
these are your 3 biggest mistakes.
1) first one is actually a good idea to spread your money to reduce the risk of losing it in one place but only if you know where to put it.
2) try to read the altcoin section, topics about trading and stuff like that and then watch the market. it is not that hard to learn how it works
3) never trust what other people are telling you to buy or sell. it is not 100% but most of the time they are either wrong or lying or trolling.

.BLACKJACK ♠ FUN.
█████████
██████████████
████████████
█████████████████
████████████████▄▄
░█████████████▀░▀▀
██████████████████
░██████████████
████████████████
░██████████████
████████████
███████████████░██
██████████
CRYPTO CASINO &
SPORTS BETTING
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
▀███████████████▀
█████████
gkv9
Legendary

Activity: 1246

!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 04:41:54 AM

Buy Low Sell High.

The buy low sell high strategy is good...
But when it comes to inflation, if you are talking about the total amount of altcoins supply rather than the price of that coin in BTC, I would say that most of the times, inflation will only lead you to loss as I have seen many people made money in 10k and Balls, but many lost too thinking that the price might go up a lot, but it didn't as dumpers were ready just to f*ck off the markets wholeheartedly...

odolvlobo
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 08:15:45 AM

Buy Low Sell High.

But when it comes to inflation, if you are talking about the total amount of altcoins supply rather than the price of that coin in BTC, I would say that most of the times, inflation will only lead you to loss as I have seen many people made money in 10k and Balls, but many lost too thinking that the price might go up a lot, but it didn't as dumpers were ready just to f*ck off the markets wholeheartedly...

Buy low, sell high is not a strategy.

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 08:31:26 AM

Buy Low Sell High.

I would agree.  It is a ever changing market we don't have a high and low. 

If buy low sell high works we would all make a fortune....
foxkyu

Activity: 938

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 11:23:54 AM

Buy Low Sell High.

it's the law of trading. if you want profit then buy low sell high, that was absolute
in trading altcoin if you believe coin have a future, then hold. if it just PnD coin then dump. that my stategy
pooya87
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 10572

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 02:04:33 PM

Buy Low Sell High.

I would agree.  It is a ever changing market we don't have a high and low. 

If buy low sell high works we would all make a fortune....
buy low sell high is true if you have a magic ball which you can see the future in it, or somehow you are controlling the market. otherwise it is not possible to tell the low and high value especially in an altcoin scene

.BLACKJACK ♠ FUN.
█████████
██████████████
████████████
█████████████████
████████████████▄▄
░█████████████▀░▀▀
██████████████████
░██████████████
████████████████
░██████████████
████████████
███████████████░██
██████████
CRYPTO CASINO &
SPORTS BETTING
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
▀███████████████▀
█████████
LFC_Bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 9638

#1 VIP Crypto Casino

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 08:37:25 PM

Trial & error my friend.
Don't trade (play with) money you can't afford to lose.
Study the price of each coin for a number of weeks/months, try to figure out what you, yourself see as a high or low price for each coin and act accordingly.
As far as bitcoin goes now is a good time to buy as I predict the price will go a lot higher.
You can probably double your money on bitcoin if you buy in now & hold for a bit until the price goes up.

As far as the other altcoins go sorry but I can't help you, I don't follow any of them.

.BITCASINO.. 
#1 VIP CRYPTO CASINO

▄██████████████▄
█▄████████████▄▀▄▄▄
█████████████████▄▄▄
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
████▀█████████████▄▄██████████
██████▀██████████████████████
████████████████▀██████▌████
███████████████▀▀▄█▄▀▀█████▀
███████████████████▀▀█████▀
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████████
          ▀▀▀████████
                ▀▀▀███

......PLAY......
lahm-44

Activity: 336

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 08:53:39 PM

Code:

[BTC] Bitcoin 0.00664344

[NXT] NXT 222.94797859

[XMG] Magi 121.26715731

Cheers!
just try to do this trading thing with only two or three cryptocurrency.as you are a newbie in trading so just keep an eve on the price when you will see any currency has fallen price just exchange your coins with it.and wait till it rise up a little and then convert it back to btc or the pricr can fall back again.note : trading can make huge losses
KarmaShark

Activity: 615
Merit: 554

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 08:15:15 AM
Last edit: July 29, 2016, 07:51:27 PM by KarmaShark

Do as much research as possible on your own before making the leap. Each exchange has its own set of virtues and faults and the best way to understand them is by taking the time to research their history.
forlackofabettername

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 10:19:53 AM

wolong said: "buy high, sell higher" and "sell low, buy lower"

he must know.
His famous "book" to see here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHi-wmRZzvs

For the noob: That wolong guy is a rich individual who pumped and dumped various coins in early 2014. I don't know if he made profit but he sure made enemies.

Some of these are good Altcoins you are betting upon , i myself have some treasure in them too.
But going with many alts at once is a bad idea. I usually keep up with 4 at a time and if i find some good new one , i leave one of the 4 behind.
So to minimize any loss and be able to provide enough time to them .

I've got a little money in a lot of them. So i am never bored because every day another one is on the rise. I'm good in guessing bottoms and holding the coins then until pump occures. So that strategy can work out too: just buy low and wait for someone to raise the price.

"If you see fraud and don't shout fraud, you are a fraud"
  -- Nassim Taleb
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 10:29:51 AM

wolong said: "buy high, sell higher" and "sell low, buy lower"

If it was this easy yes it would be great.  But there is not someting that gives us a reference to know what is "high" and "low".  It is ever changing with btc.

I mean a few day's ago I don't think most saw we would jump to 245.  It was a nice jump.  But those selling then and trying to buy back now all lost money.
mayflor2

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 02:18:12 PM

Code:

[BTC] Bitcoin 0.00664344

[NXT] NXT 222.94797859

[XMG] Magi 121.26715731

Cheers!

I completely don't have the stomach for trading.   Every time a coin dips below what I paid, I panic and sell.   I have tried trading on a few different occasions, but almost never have made money.   I need to learn a little patience I guess.

chriswen

Activity: 756

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 12:23:56 AM

Maybe its just that the altcoin game doesn't suit you.

Or you could try trading some of the more stable altcoins with 2-5x leverage (well it allows up to 10:1).

Cryptomargin.com allows for the trading of alts, short and long with leverage.  You can also invest some of your alts and gain a decent daily interest.

Now you might also want to go mainstream and trade Bitcoins.  Bitcoins is the most liquid cryptocurrency.  And okcoin futures is the most liquid futures exchange.  We're looking at 100 million usd worth traded every day and sometimes even more on extra volatile days.  Futures is slightly different then spot so be sure to do your research.  Okcoin.com futures offers leverage up to 20x.  You can probably start trading with 0.02 btc.

And then there are binary options.  These can be quite a useful tool for making profit if you understand the bitcoin market.  I'd recommend using Coinut.com .  You can click the link in my signature.  What's interesting about coinut is that unlike other sites there is an order book to trade these binary options.  In my opinion this means you can get a much better deal and you'll get better odds.

You also get more flexibility.  There are multiple timeframes to choose from and there are multiple strike prices you can do.  (You bet on higher or lower than the strike price).  At other sites you can only use the current price for a strike price.  With coinut you can choose out of the money options for cheaper contracts or you can do in the money ones that you're sure about for 5-20% gain.  And as usual make sure you wait for good trade setups, you don't always need to be in a position.

I'm just outlining some other methods to make money through Bitcoin other than alts.  Bitcoin futures and Binary options might not be the tools for you but good luck on your endeavour in the crypto space.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 12:43:49 AM

Or you could try trading some of the more stable altcoins with 2-5x leverage (well it allows up to 10:1).

Cryptomargin.com allows for the trading of alts, short and long with leverage.  You can also invest some of your alts and gain a decent daily interest.

Now you might also want to go mainstream and trade Bitcoins.  Bitcoins is the most liquid cryptocurrency.  And okcoin futures is the most liquid futures exchange.  We're looking at 100 million usd worth traded every day and sometimes even more on extra volatile days.  Futures is slightly different then spot so be sure to do your research.  Okcoin.com futures offers leverage up to 20x.  You can probably start trading with 0.02 btc.

And then there are binary options.  These can be quite a useful tool for making profit if you understand the bitcoin market.  I'd recommend using Coinut.com .  You can click the link in my signature.  What's interesting about coinut is that unlike other sites there is an order book to trade these binary options.  In my opinion this means you can get a much better deal and you'll get better odds.

You also get more flexibility.  There are multiple timeframes to choose from and there are multiple strike prices you can do.  (You bet on higher or lower than the strike price).  At other sites you can only use the current price for a strike price.  With coinut you can choose out of the money options for cheaper contracts or you can do in the money ones that you're sure about for 5-20% gain.  And as usual make sure you wait for good trade setups, you don't always need to be in a position.

I'm just outlining some other methods to make money through Bitcoin other than alts.  Bitcoin futures and Binary options might not be the tools for you but good luck on your endeavour in the crypto space.

You would really want to be sure you know what your doing, or practiced many times to do 10 to 1.

That just seems like a heck off a leveraged bet.   But I guess huge potential gains aswell.
chriswen

Activity: 756

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 12:47:44 AM

You would really want to be sure you know what your doing, or practiced many times to do 10 to 1.

That just seems like a heck off a leveraged bet.   But I guess huge potential gains aswell.

Yeah well its mainly for short term trades and its useful for Dogecoin because it doesn't really move around a lot.
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: