Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 02:00:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Its Official Pirate Has Defaulted!!  (Read 63458 times)
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 09:46:48 AM

Would you take legal action if the result was you get 10-20 years in federal prison for money laundering ?

And then when you get out the IRS is going to want your ass for tax evasion.

Oh, not to worry, they'll just tack that on in the initial indictment.

I'm waiting for the Bitcoin venture which gets hit with RICO charges (I know money laundering is a predicate offence for RICO in the US).  I have no idea how big an operation needs to be before it attracts that kind of investigation, though.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2012, 09:47:58 AM

Don't worry guys you can make your money back very quick. Black Pearl Investments shall provide a much bigger return than pirate ever could.

Watch this space.

Impressive puppetry.

Not a single post in Newbie.

Yeah, how come?

Someone let the account out as soon as it was created. I have my suspicions, but as it was a joke, no need to be pointing fingers.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2012, 09:51:13 AM

Don't worry guys you can make your money back very quick. Black Pearl Investments shall provide a much bigger return than pirate ever could.

Watch this space.

Impressive puppetry.

Not a single post in Newbie.

Yeah, how come?

Someone let the account out as soon as it was created. I have my suspicions, but as it was a joke, no need to be pointing fingers.
Should be able to see who whitelisted the account...

myrkul

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2012, 09:53:09 AM

I think people have started deleting their Newbie posts once they're whitelisted.

Ah indeed. Forgot to check creation time. May 04, 2012, 09:44:40 AM

Forget I mentioned it. Unless that can be snookered easily? (like, say, by changing your system date)

Edit: Yeah, my bad. This is an account that's been cleaned out for this, all previous posts deleted. That doesn't change the posting stats, though, so it leaves a little dust in the corners, so to speak. So, bottom line, prolly still a puppet, but not necessarily indicative of mod/admin having fun.

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 09:54:08 AM

Would you take legal action if the result was you get 10-20 years in federal prison for money laundering ?

I'm waiting for the Bitcoin venture which gets hit with RICO charges (I know money laundering is a predicate offence for RICO in the US).  I have no idea how big an operation needs to be before it attracts that kind of investigation, though.

I think $5 Million is more then enough to attract that kind of investigation.

more or less retired.
Shadow383

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 09:55:13 AM

Hypothetically: What if someone contacted the police and used the words "Money Laundering" and "Silk Road"?
That'd wake them up...
tynt

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 10:07:29 AM

5830 mining for life
myrkul

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2012, 10:12:21 AM

Hypothetically: What if someone contacted the police and used the words "Money Laundering" and "Silk Road"?
That'd wake them up...

And then nobody gets their money back.

markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2012, 10:13:53 AM

Oh dear, no one is going to get their money, call the police!

Call the police?!?! Are you crazy, then no one will get their money...

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
myrkul

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2012, 10:17:42 AM

Oh dear, no one is going to get their money, call the police!

Call the police?!?! Are you crazy, then no one will get their money...

-MarkM-

Well, Pirate did say his plan was so simple that people will kick themselves for not doing it too... (anyone remember where that quote was?)

repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 10:22:25 AM

That'd wake them up...

I suspect that your local county police department isn't who investigates racketeering, money laundering, etc.  I'm quite sure that the bodies who do investigate such matters would have anonymous tip-off procedures in place.  That said, because of resource constraints there's probably a threshold for investigation - either a dollar value or the possibility of connection to bigger operations.  

It's known that certain US agencies are aware of the potential for Bitcoin to be used for money laundering, so it's possible that they would investigate any allegations in an effort to forestall Bitcoin becoming an entrenched method of money laundering (most financial intelligence services monitor emerging money laundering threats).  If the IRS in the US is anything like the Australian Taxation Office, they investigate pretty much all allegations of tax evasion.

There's inevitably going to be an investigation into a criminal use of Bitcoin sooner or later.  There's no real way to tell what particular venture will trigger that and whether it will be initiated externally or by pissed of Bitcoin users who've lost money and are seeking retribution rather than restitution.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
AndrewBUD

Activity: 1078
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2012, 10:50:51 AM

Money laundering and silkroad mean shit to local police offices..... I had a cop at my house questioning me about an accident I witnessed.... Well we got to chattin' about bitcoins and the new way to obtain drugs...

It's no longer who you know, it's what you know Cheesy

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
[/tabl
The_Duke

Activity: 252

Lead Core BitKitty Developer

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 11:21:58 AM

- Man, I hate how I have to pay taxes over my dollars, fees to the bank, how I can't do anything without the IRS knowing it... I wish I could be free of all that!
+ Hey, you should bitcoin! It is anonymous, fully in your own control, no fees that you don't choose to pay and no one will bother you with all their rules.
- Wow, awesome, I'll get started!

... several days and a 2Gb blockchain download and a ponzi later....

- What the fuck, this guy ran away with all my money, he's refusing to pay it back and nobody knows who he is! I'm going to call the police, give them all the info I have and hope they can trace him down, get the IRS and the feds on his back and make the government apply all their rules to him!

NOT a member of the so called ''Bitcoin Foundation''. Choose Independence!

Donate to the BitKitty Foundation instead! -> 1Fd4yLneGmxRHnPi6WCMC2hAMzaWvDePF9 <-
bitlane
Internet detective

Activity: 462

I heart thebaron

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 11:25:09 AM

....... he's refusing to pay it back and nobody knows who he is!

Everyone knows who he is, just ask Wink

myrkul

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2012, 11:28:43 AM

- What the fuck, this guy ran away with all my money, he's refusing to pay it back and nobody knows who he is! I'm going to call the police, give them all the info I have and hope they can trace him down, get the IRS and the feds on his back and make the government apply all their rules to him!

Personal responsibility is hard for some people to grasp.

The_Duke

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 11:38:08 AM

Ah yeah, of course! Here mr policeman, his name is.. uh... Pirate. Yeah, pirate... at... fourty... thats it. No, that is just his internetni... real name? Uh yeah, we know that too! It's Mr. Shavers. We even know where he used to work! What do you mean, "could be fake"? How could it be fake?
Fake money? That is not funny, bitcoin is a REAL currency! Bank? No, but I have an adress. It is 3yt3weh8jk... no, I'm not kidding... Proof of payment? Of course, just go to www. b..l...o...c...k...c... huh? wasting YOUR time? What about MY time sir? And more important, WHERE ARE MY BITCOINS! HEY! No need to pu*argh*

Donate to the BitKitty Foundation instead! -> 1Fd4yLneGmxRHnPi6WCMC2hAMzaWvDePF9 <-
BlackBison

Activity: 250

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 11:41:34 AM

Ah yeah, of course! Here mr policeman, his name is.. uh... Pirate. Yeah, pirate... at... fourty... thats it. No, that is just his internetni... real name? Uh yeah, we know that too! It's Mr. Shavers. We even know where he used to work! What do you mean, "could be fake"? How could it be fake?
Fake money? That is not funny, bitcoin is a REAL currency! Bank? No, but I have an adress. It is 3yt3weh8jk... no, I'm not kidding... Proof of payment? Of course, just go to www. b..l...o...c...k...c... huh? wasting YOUR time? What about MY time sir? And more important, WHERE ARE MY BITCOINS! HEY! No need to pu*argh*

heh heh Grin

bitlane
Internet detective

Activity: 462

I heart thebaron

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 11:41:37 AM

So if a Grain Elevator Co-Op owner rips you off, after you 'deposit' your grain into the Co-Op, the cops can't go after him because it's just weed seed type of crap ?

Doesn't it have a MARKET VALUE ? ...COMMODITY ?

The_Duke

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 11:45:51 AM

So if a Grain Elevator Co-Op owner rips you off, after you 'deposit' your grain into the Co-Op, the cops can't go after him because it's just weed seed type of crap ?

Doesn't it have a MARKET VALUE ? ...COMMODITY ?

I dunno, does the Grain Elevator Co-Op owner promise to increase the grain I deposit by 7% PER WEEK without disclosing where the grains comes from, with calculations showing that in 2 months from now the Grain Elevator Co-Op owner will owe more grain then there could possibly ever be on the whole planet?

BrightAnarchist
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 853

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 11:52:46 AM

Well, Pirate did say his plan was so simple that people will kick themselves for not doing it too... (anyone remember where that quote was?)

Yes, I distinctly remember him saying exactly this.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: