Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:50:59 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Its Official Pirate Has Defaulted!!  (Read 63460 times)
The_Duke

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Lead Core BitKitty Developer

View Profile
August 30, 2012, 06:04:13 AM

I am sure Pirate is laughing his ass off over this "witch hunt". I hope the info is just a regular fake and not a stolen identity or the guy he stole it from will soon wonder why there's a handfull of internetnerds chasing him and shouting smt like "WHERE'S MAH FITLOIN!" Tongue

NOT a member of the so called ''Bitcoin Foundation''. Choose Independence!

Donate to the BitKitty Foundation instead! -> 1Fd4yLneGmxRHnPi6WCMC2hAMzaWvDePF9 <-
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2012, 06:09:22 AM

I am sure Pirate is laughing his ass off over this "witch hunt". I hope the info is just a regular fake and not a stolen identity or the guy he stole it from will soon wonder why there's a handfull of internetnerds chasing him and shouting smt like "WHERE'S MAH FITROIN!" Tongue

FTFY
bitlane
Internet detective

Activity: 462

I heart thebaron

View Profile
August 30, 2012, 06:13:54 AM

I am sure Pirate is laughing his ass off over this "witch hunt". I hope the info is just a regular fake and not a stolen identity or the guy he stole it from will soon wonder why there's a handfull of internetnerds chasing him and shouting smt like "WHERE'S MAH FITLOIN!" Tongue

Hate my posts? I will shut up for 24 hours for each 0.1 BTC!  ->  17x2SvpnT6wafmi9GBM1DZV1U6wcNjYQAY <-

0.1 BTC sent to 'OFFER' in your Sig.

Please shut the fuck up for 24 hours, as promised.

Transaction ID: 6e3926da815a67465aa685cdfdf1280f276a33a2d7adaf0372ea279191e2d033

myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2012, 06:15:10 AM

You should write a book...seriously..."How to be a condescending asshole and make lots of friends." Oh wait you're not here to make friends, only find leg-ups. Scrap that last part from the title then.
I'm sorry you feel that way. Perhaps this will help.
Ah sorry I don't follow suspicious looking urls, but I do find that one interesting from the outside. Do you go there often?
No, that would require that I get butthurt. I assure you though, it's just an image. I didn't want to clutter up the thread with it, but you can find it by doing a Google image search for "butthurt complaint form." (which is how I found it) I hope it helps you feel better.

I'm also not interested in protecting people from learning from their mistakes. Excluding them from society however is not necessary to achieve this.

What makes you think I was advocating excluding anyone? If anyone is removed from our society by this, it will be their own doing, not some judgment passed from on high.

If you disagree with what Nefario is doing with GLBSE, feel free to start your own stock exchange. That's what free market means. You can compete freely. And yes, cooperation is a more profitable strategy than competition, very frequently. But recall what I said before about food and internet? Someone who is cooperating because it is the more profitable strategy is doing it out of self-interest. Nothing you have yet said goes against the statement that first started this conversation: "Self regulation = self interest + self control," which I firmly stand by.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2012, 07:38:01 AM
Last edit: August 30, 2012, 08:01:23 AM by Phinnaeus Gage

The image above is of Jared Leto, an actor who's rumored to play The Riddler in an upcoming Batman movie. Source: http://www.veidt.com/?p=119

Here is a Deviant Art image of him as a pirate.

To be clear, I'm not stating that Jared Leto is necessarily the Pirate, but I firmly believe that the image cablepair provided, and which I quoted a couple post back on this thread, merit further discussion. Much further discussion, for I'm about to ripple, if not make waves, by waking the napping dragon.

My next thread will be published in Discussion, with the hope it doesn't get moved back here in Swahililand.

~Bruno~

EDIT: Note the thisiswhoireallyam and the date in the following URL (I haven't yet checked to see if the date is relevant to pirateat40) http://jaredleto.com/thisiswhoireallyam/2010/11/04/pirate-ship/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+jaredleto%2FNPnx+%28This+Is+Who+I+Really+Am%29

Hunterbunter

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 30, 2012, 07:52:55 AM

I'm also not interested in protecting people from learning from their mistakes. Excluding them from society however is not necessary to achieve this.

What makes you think I was advocating excluding anyone?

It would help if you even knew what we were arguing about:

Free market not only gives freedom to individuals; it also liberates the society from weak members.

To which I responded:

So like...a team of champions but not a champion team?
Weak is by definition of task.

You'll notice I was seeking clarification from the_thing with a hint of prejudice, by using a metaphor ("So like..." should have given that away). "Weak" is a linear description only applicable in a particular trait. If a person is weak at everything, including social skills, they would surely be left to die (as no one would even want to look after them, nor could they help themselves). The fact is, even prisoners, people born with disabilities and nerds who lose their life savings to a poor investment, are all weak in a particular regard, but societies across the planet have CHOSEN not to be ultimately liberated of them for all these years. What is society getting out of this deal? And if they're doing it, because we know it's survived so it MUST be the fittest way of doing things, what are the individuals within society, also acting in their own best interests getting out of paying for disabled care, prisoner care, and nerd care? You're happy to claim that acting in self interest is a permanent feature of humans, and so if true, the world we have today is a direct result of this, and nothing else, because it is nothing new.

I know you want to say "fuck them" because you think you're better than them and shouldn't have to pay for their air, but the fact is they're still here, surviving, which means by definition they were fit enough. Where do you draw the line between too weak and not too weak in the statement above, that you're defending so vigorously? The answer is nowhere, there are no weak members of society; only those that are alive, and those that are dead. His statement is false. While all members of a society have linear weaknesses, the free market does not liberate society from weak members, because no such things exist - if they're surviving, they're fit, so they cannot be weak. If you're saying we as a society should let nerds die because they made a bad naive investment, then that's something to take up with parliament. Humans can also act as the environment for which fitness is measured, for other humans.

If you disagree with what Nefario is doing with GLBSE, feel free to start your own stock exchange. Nothing you have yet said goes against the statement that first started this conversation: "Self regulation = self interest + self control," which I firmly stand by.

No, that's where you chimed in, not where the conversation started. I think you were too caught up in your narcissism to realize I wasn't even responding to you.

I don't disagree with what Nef is doing at all, and applaud him for it, I know that the most successful exchanges will be the ones most trusted by people to protect them from people trying to screw them over, and I also look forward to the changes he's got planned. He wasn't happy about all the pirate pass throughs that went through his exchange, for the various reasons that of course all boil down to self interest. Isn't it coincidental that he's becoming more like the real world? Is it possible, perhaps, that the real world has already found one of the fittest ways to do things after thousands of years of experience trying?

Also, just because I'm not free to start my own stock exchange in the real world, doesn't mean I'm not free to start my own stock exchange in the real world. GLBSE and that other one have obviously done it. They will be as free for as long as they can survive in this harsh environment, and eventually the rest of the world will try to strong arm a piece if they can.

"Doing it out of self interest" doesn't explain anything. Give me an example of one animal or plant on Earth that does not do something repetitively out of self interest.

repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
August 30, 2012, 07:56:52 AM
Last edit: August 30, 2012, 08:17:04 AM by repentance

I'm not into computer software stuff, so I have no idea what the hell AMD makes or programs, if that is the right terminology. I'm pretty sure that that company was created to further this ruse, but didn't take the time to research them. At any rate, here's that Twitter follower's name: Junyong Chau at http://www.linkedin.com/in/junyongchau  I wonder if he knows Zhouey Boy.

~Bruno~

Phin, you need to stop.  You're making accusations against a well-known computer company and an actor and they both actually have reputations to defend. AMD has been in business for 40 years, for fuck's sake.  You're wrong if you think their lawyers won't go after you if they get wind of your accusations.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
AndrewBUD

Activity: 1078
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2012, 07:59:57 AM

Woah.... ummm... Goodnight..

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
[/tabl
myrkul

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2012, 08:09:14 AM

If you're saying we as a society should let nerds die because they made a bad naive investment, then that's something to take up with parliament. Humans can also act as the environment for which fitness is measured, for other humans.
What makes you think he meant dead? Seriously, you do understand that our society, specifically the Bitcoin community, is not the only society around, right? it is not even all-inclusive of all societies. "liberates the society from weak members." doesn't mean dying, it means going Bitcoin broke and getting out of the game. Again, you're conflating a great many things into one big blob of amorphous fear.

If you disagree with what Nefario is doing with GLBSE, feel free to start your own stock exchange. Nothing you have yet said goes against the statement that first started this conversation: "Self regulation = self interest + self control," which I firmly stand by.

No, that's where you chimed in, not where the conversation started.
I stand corrected.

"Doing it out of self interest" doesn't explain anything. Give me an example of one animal or plant on Earth that does not do something repetitively out of self interest.

That has been my point all along. Acting in one's own self interest is the only way you can remain fit for continued survival, whether that is in the market, or in the competition for food.

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2012, 08:21:02 AM

I'm not into computer software stuff, so I have no idea what the hell AMD makes or programs, if that is the right terminology. I'm pretty sure that that company was created to further this ruse, but didn't take the time to research them. At any rate, here's that Twitter follower's name: Junyong Chau at http://www.linkedin.com/in/junyongchau  I wonder if he knows Zhouey Boy.

~Bruno~

Phin, you need to stop.  You're making accusations against a well-known computer company and an actor and they both actually have reputations to defend.  AMD has been in business for 40 years, for fuck's sake.  You're wrong if you think their lawyers won't go after you if they get wind of your accusations.

TBC, my post pretending to not know who AMD is, was not, I repeat, was not accusing AMD of any wrongdoing. But I was making a possible case against one of their employees.

As far as Jared Leto is concerned, I'm not, I repeat, I'm not accusing him personally of being mixed up in this Pirate fiasco. But if I did find something of interest related to any of the above mentioned entities, I will not be afraid to publish it.

I carefully pen this post to currently protect myself, but WILL blatantly point finger(s) when such action is warranted.

Thank you kindly, repentance, for your concern. I feel that your post direct toward me was genuinely looking out for my best interest.

That said, I am about to publish some damning information, and the name Jared Leto will be used.

~Bruno~

PS: Almost forgot to add an image to this post. (this one is for humor purposes only, for I'm not currently accusing Mr. Leto as being the Bitcoin Pirate, but his name does have a very, very unique connection to the Bitcoin community)

bitlane
Internet detective

I heart thebaron

View Profile
August 30, 2012, 08:22:12 AM

Jared Leto is pirateat40 ? .......AND Hamlet ?

myrkul

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2012, 08:26:05 AM

Phin has a very clever strategy to avoid being Black Bagged, that being the same as Adam Curry's:

Mix your truths with purposefully insane ramblings, and trust your audience to sift out the wheat from the chaff.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2012, 08:26:13 AM

You're going to be shocked when I present to you was he's invested in.

~Bruno~
bitlane
Internet detective

I heart thebaron

View Profile
August 30, 2012, 08:27:58 AM

You're going to be shocked when I present to you was he's invested in.

~Bruno~

Scientology ? Ginsu3000 Knife stocks ? Pokemon trading cards ?

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2012, 08:28:48 AM

Phin has a very clever strategy to avoid being Black Bagged, that being the same as Adam Curry's:

Mix your truths with purposefully insane ramblings, and trust your audience to sift out the wheat from the chaff.

I'm about to prove to you how bright I am not. I have to Google Black Bagged and Adam Curry to get a gist of what you're speaking of. BRB!

Back! Just learned what Black Bagged is, and will somewhat concur. (I always try to be truthful in my postings). BRB! Need now to Google Adam Curry.

Back! Got it! Neat analogy. Your post does nail the post(s) above virtually to a T.

At any rate, I need to pen my epic thread. Damn I hope I get it right. If I do, I feel I have a massive BlowBob coming.  Grin

~Bruno~

bitlane
Internet detective

I heart thebaron

View Profile
August 30, 2012, 08:30:39 AM

..... Black Bagged ......

Truthful enough to be noticed, with just enough crazy to keep people doubting and the CIA from kidnapping you....lol

The_Duke

Activity: 252

Lead Core BitKitty Developer

View Profile
August 30, 2012, 09:07:58 AM

Offtopic: Bitlane is allowing me to post again, so plz don't hunt me as a scammer. I have nothing to do with Jared Leto, the Kennedys or pirates wearing Air Jordans. Just for the record:

I was kidding..go ahead and post...lol

I enjoy the forum these days, trust me.

You can post my PMs....It was a joke. I HAD to send the 0.1 BTC so I could say 'STFU' ....LOL

So. Now to summarize this thread, we seem to have uncovered that a shadow company was set up, making GPU's. Company is called AMD, which possibly stands for A Massive Distraction? This company not only sells GPU's, but worked closely together with Pirate's GPUMax to the benefit of all. People invested in Pirate's fund, which bought GPU's from this AMD shadow company, which were used to mine bitcoins, in which Jared Leto has bought mining shares.
However, things all went bottom up when it turned out that the CIA had sent Pokemon Air Knives to hunt down Leto, now that there's no longer any real kennedy threat to use them on instead. This caused all of Pirate's ex-collegues to pull their funds out of Pirate's BST. Evading the pokemons, Pirate then ran off to a secret scientology hideout.

Does that about cover it?

NOT a member of the so called ''Bitcoin Foundation''. Choose Independence!

Donate to the BitKitty Foundation instead! -> 1Fd4yLneGmxRHnPi6WCMC2hAMzaWvDePF9 <-
bitlane
Internet detective

I heart thebaron

View Profile
August 30, 2012, 09:13:12 AM

So. Now to summarize this thread, we seem to have uncovered that a shadow company was set up, making GPU's. Company is called AMD, which possibly stands for A Massive Distraction? This company not only sells GPU's, but worked closely together with Pirate's GPUMax to the benefit of all. People invested in Pirate's fund, which bought GPU's from this AMD shadow company, which were used to mine bitcoins, in which Jared Leto has bought mining shares.
However, things all went bottom up when it turned out that the CIA had sent Pokemon Air Knives to hunt down Leto, now that there's no longer any real kennedy threat to use them on instead. This caused all of Pirate's ex-collegues to pull their funds out of Pirate's BST. Evading the pokemons, Pirate then ran off to a secret scientology hideout.

That's how I see it...but I'm pretty high right now and literally tripping balls.....

What's an Internet ?

Hunterbunter

Activity: 994

View Profile
August 30, 2012, 09:24:13 AM

If you're saying we as a society should let nerds die because they made a bad naive investment, then that's something to take up with parliament. Humans can also act as the environment for which fitness is measured, for other humans.
What makes you think he meant dead? Seriously, you do understand that our society, specifically the Bitcoin community, is not the only society around, right? it is not even all-inclusive of all societies. "liberates the society from weak members." doesn't mean dying, it means going Bitcoin broke and getting out of the game. Again, you're conflating a great many things into one big blob of amorphous fear.

I'm sure he didn't mean dead, I brought that up - reductio ad absurdum related. If it's false to believe we should let nerds die because they were weak at investing then there is a failure in the base logic. I've already explained how to get from "Free market not only gives freedom to individuals; it also liberates the society from weak members," to here, so I won't reiterate, but in summary: most societies have shown a preference for shoring singular weaknesses instead of ejecting outright; early death being the natural consequence of exile. While the bitcoin community is small, when someone is cast from any society they are as good as dead to that society, and should they literally die, well it doesn't matter.

"Weak members" is a value judgement call, one that I don't believe he has any right to make. How do you know that a naive nerd was driven broke by pirate (yes, the culprit is pirate), who will now leave bitcoins forever, but had he stayed because we empathized, would have created a business that doubled the number of bitcoin users? Just because they sucked at picking dodgy schemes doesn't mean they're a weak member in everything, and that we should celebrate them fucking off. Even geniuses can be wrong.

That has been my point all along. Acting in one's own self interest is the only way you can remain fit for continued survival, whether that is in the market, or in the competition for food.

What you do in self interest is not what causes you to remain fit. What causes you to remain fit is, firstly, a change in the environment to require the need for your fitness to be checked, and secondly, that your linear weaknesses do not fall beyond the scope of the new fitness requirements.

For eg, A new law is made: "if you lose money to bad investments with BTC and we get a hold of you, you will be summarily executed", and then someone loses btc to pirate. A change in environment has occurred - new law, and an investment has now gone bad. The FBI get a hold of the list, and 3 weakness checks occur: 1) Do they know about the new law? 2) Is their name on that list? 3) Can they run faster than the Feds?

One can safely assume this person is going to act in their best interests - run away, or sit there and cry about it if they're ignorant of the new law - but whether they survive or not has nothing to do with the act of running or sitting. If they fail particular combinations of those conditions they will not survive, even though they were always acting in their own best interests. If they're ignorant and just sit there, they do not survive. If they try to run, and aren't fast enough, they don't survive. It's the conditions that kill, not the desire to meet them.

My point? self regulation is swept aside by stiff opposition, and that's the way life has always been.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2012, 09:25:06 AM

Offtopic: Bitlane is allowing me to post again, so plz don't hunt me as a scammer. I have nothing to do with Jared Leto, the Kennedys or pirates wearing Air Jordans. Just for the record:

I was kidding..go ahead and post...lol

I enjoy the forum these days, trust me.

You can post my PMs....It was a joke. I HAD to send the 0.1 BTC so I could say 'STFU' ....LOL

This is bullshit! Now I have no need to pen my epic thread, for you did it for me.  Grin Luckily you forgot one important aspect, therefore I still will be able to shine (as in glow, for I don't what to be labeled as a racist to boot [to boot, not boot, as what Nazi's wore, for I also don't want to be labeled as a Holocaust denier {denier, as in one who denies, and not some fancy word that those fuckin' French use sans the accent<accent, as in marks--ah forget it, for I'm also out of brackets>}]).

~Cackling Naked Bear~
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: