Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 01:47:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Its Official Pirate Has Defaulted!!  (Read 63458 times)
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2012, 10:24:05 PM

Yes, after looking more closely into the article, Wesley Snipes was a bad example. But nonetheless, tax evasion is a real thing, which you can go to jail for. I don't think they would go so far as to get every single user for tax evasion, but I'd wager there would be fines, and some big players certainly would go up the river.

But yes, back on track. Pirate's an asshole, and he needs to pay up, or at least let us know his lawyer's contact info. In his shoes, that's the only thing I would be saying: "You can reach my lawyer at:...."

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
sadpandatech

Activity: 504

View Profile
September 02, 2012, 10:31:38 PM

Yes, after looking more closely into the article, Wesley Snipes was a bad example. But nonetheless, tax evasion is a real thing, which you can go to jail for. I don't think they would go so far as to get every single user for tax evasion, but I'd wager there would be fines, and some big players certainly would go up the river.

But yes, back on track. Pirate's an asshole, and he needs to pay up, or at least let us know his lawyer's contact info. In his shoes, that's the only thing I would be saying: "You can reach my lawyer at:...."

My point was more that very few involved have been earning anything with BTC long enough to be liable for tax evasion...  Yes, it is a given that if one were to take legal action that would involve them disclosing their BTC earnings then they would not be wise to then leave those earnings out of their next tax filing.

That he does not leads me to believe he still does not have one. Or atleast does not have one that he is a client to in a legal sense in this matter.

Still no banruptcy filings coming out of TX that appear to be related, as of Fri morning when I last checked..

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2012, 10:34:27 PM

Nothing  has happened to any bitcoin scammers except them laughing at how easy it is to steal coins. Show me one person in jail as a result of a bitcoin scam.

Get the FBI/IRS involved in this, and I'll show you hundreds.

The trouble is half of the scammers targets would be in jail with them  Smiley

Which is my point. How many people here pay taxes on their BTC? Convince the IRS that it's money, and you're going to have a bad day.

The IRS doesnt have a bitcoin address  Tongue

I guess irs.com previously own by Tihan Seale doesn't count.

~Bruno~
myrkul

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2012, 10:44:30 PM

That he does not leads me to believe he still does not have one. Or atleast does not have one that he is a client to in a legal sense in this matter.

Still no banruptcy filings coming out of TX that appear to be related, as of Fri morning when I last checked..

Have you checked Acapulco?

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2012, 01:12:02 AM

I dont tell the government about my silver collection either  Cheesy

Well, true, and believe me, I don't disapprove of you withholding that info, or that about your Bitcoins. But I think calling in the Law is the wost possible thing we can do for this Pirate thing. I mean, eventually, Bitcoin is going to come to their attention as a threat to their financial system, but do we really need to hasten that day?

Do you have an issue with private bounty hunters ?

myrkul

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2012, 01:15:55 AM

I dont tell the government about my silver collection either  Cheesy

Well, true, and believe me, I don't disapprove of you withholding that info, or that about your Bitcoins. But I think calling in the Law is the wost possible thing we can do for this Pirate thing. I mean, eventually, Bitcoin is going to come to their attention as a threat to their financial system, but do we really need to hasten that day?

Do you have an issue with private bounty hunters ?

Not as long as there's a strict "No disintegrations" policy. Wink

Snapman

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

BTCRadio Owner

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2012, 01:16:17 AM

bitcoin.me is right, we need to go through private means, like bounty hunters.

Or none stop harassment IRL, that will get his blood boiling. He he comes back at one of the people "im going to press charges for harassment" just tell him "go on ahead, im sure the IRS would love to pick through you and your friends shit"

BTCRadio: 17cafKShokyQCbaNuzaDo5HLoSnffMNPAs
paulie_w

Activity: 420

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 12:45:56 PM

Well, actually, in my country you have access to internet and computers in jail.
Even in your own cell if in not missinformed (which i might be since i never had the "opportunity"
to view it first hand).

what country is that again? :-)
The_Duke

Activity: 252

Lead Core BitKitty Developer

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 02:17:30 PM

Fun to watch how the discussion has shifted from denial to anger and bargaining. Lets hope the depression stage doesn't last too long so that all the "victims" (more like "Bitcoin-darwinists) can move on to acceptance Wink

NOT a member of the so called ''Bitcoin Foundation''. Choose Independence!

Donate to the BitKitty Foundation instead! -> 1Fd4yLneGmxRHnPi6WCMC2hAMzaWvDePF9 <-
hazek
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 03:00:52 PM

so that all the "victims" (more like "Bitcoin-darwinists) can move on to acceptance Wink

and buy buy buy!  Grin

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

If however you enjoyed my post: 15j781DjuJeVsZgYbDVt2NZsGrWKRWFHpp
cryptoanarchist
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 03:08:01 PM

Instead of worrying about how to go after people like pirate, how about worrying about how stupid people are to fall for such a thing in the first place?

If you give your money to someone you never met, who won't even tell you how he is investing it, but claims unrealistic returns, than frankly, you deserve to lose your money.

I'm grumpy!!
E. A. Gail

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 04:03:25 PM

Well, actually, in my country you have access to internet and computers in jail.
Even in your own cell if in not missinformed (which i might be since i never had the "opportunity"
to view it first hand).

what country is that again? :-)

the Kingdom of Sweden

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweden
the_thing

Activity: 546
Merit: 252

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 04:06:48 PM

Instead of worrying about how to go after people like pirate, how about worrying about how stupid people are to fall for such a thing in the first place?

If you give your money to someone you never met, who won't even tell you how he is investing it, but claims unrealistic returns, than frankly, you deserve to lose your money.
+1 This post pretty much sums up the solution to the whole pirate drama.

,gaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaag,
           ,aP8b    _,dYba,       ,adPb,_    d8Ya,
         ,aP"  Yb_,dP"   "Yba, ,adP"   "Yb,_dP  "Ya,
       ,aP"    _88"         )888(         "88_    "Ya,
     ,aP"   _,dP"Yb      ,adP"8"Yba,      dP"Yb,_   "Ya,
   ,aPYb _,dP8    Yb  ,adP"   8   "Yba,  dP    8Yb,_ dPYa,
 ,aP"  YdP" dP     YbdP"      8      "YbdP     Yb "YbP  "Ya,
I8aaaaaa8aaa8baaaaaa88aaaaaaaa8aaaaaaaa88aaaaaad8aaa8aaaaaa8I
`Yb,   d8a, Ya      d8b,      8      ,d8b      aP ,a8b   ,dP'
  "Yb,dP "Ya "8,   dI "Yb,    8    ,dP" Ib   ,8" aP" Yb,dP"
    "Y8,   "YaI8, ,8'   "Yb,  8  ,dP"   `8, ,8IaP"   ,8P"
      "Yb,   `"Y8ad'      "Yb,8,dP"      `ba8P"'   ,dP"
        "Yb,    `"8,        "Y8P"        ,8"'    ,dP"
          "Yb,    `8,         8         ,8'    ,dP"
            "Yb,   `Ya        8        aP'   ,dP"
              "Yb,   "8,      8      ,8"   ,dP"
                "Yb,  `8,     8     ,8'  ,dP"   
                  "Yb, `Ya    8    aP' ,dP"     
                    "Yb, "8,  8  ,8" ,dP"
                      "Yb,`8, 8 ,8',dP"
                        "Yb,Ya8aP,dP"
                          "Y88888P"
                            "Y8P"
                              "       

Free TON

PEER-TO-PEER MULTY-BLOCKCHAIN SYSTEM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
▬▬▬TON SURF - OFFICIAL WALLET.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██ 
  ▐██▌                     
   █▌

TELEGRAM
FORUM
WIKI
Micon
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1014

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2012, 04:50:08 PM

In Russia, Ponzi scams you!

http://www.racunalniske-novice.com/novice/dogodki-in-obvestila/bitconi-vredni-vec-milijonov-evrov-izpuhteli-v-piramidni-shemi.html?GSM36f88fbc4c3c56feeb257a445ff23069

(actually Slovenia)

I'm flying FPV race drones these days. Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MiconFPV
malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 04:59:07 PM

lol I love their journalistic integrity

sedem odstotno obrestno mero na dan

(7% a day)

Signature space available for rent.
Turbor
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

BitMinter

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2012, 06:02:38 PM

CrazyGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1973
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 06:12:48 PM

Wow, you picked a really horrible time to give pirate 10k.

ASICPuppy.net ASIC Mining Hardware and Accessories - Compac F in stock!
burnside
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1006

Lead Blockchain Developer

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2012, 06:29:05 PM

Not sure how you get around the "give your money to someone you never met" part though in the 99% of internet transactions where BTC is actually useful?  If you can trust a web vendor to sell you a TV in BTC, you should be able to trust a banker (pirate) who has a network of other bankers (goat, giga, patrick, hashking, etc) using their services, not to mention the tons of representative "assets" on the main BTC exchange GLBSE.  The pro-pirate posts on the forums outnumbered the con posts 10 to 1, and the cons were always ripped apart.  This was not simply "give your money to someone you never met" in the general sense.  Everyone trusted pirate because the long-time high post count "bankers" here that should have been "in the know" did.

I don't think you can call the general population stupid on this one.  I think that designation should be reserved for the pros that should have known better.  Many of which will come out ahead, despite the default.
burnside
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1006

Lead Blockchain Developer

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2012, 06:30:39 PM

LOL.  Case in point.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 06:38:06 PM

Not sure how you get around the "give your money to someone you never met" part though in the 99% of internet transactions where BTC is actually useful?  If you can trust a web vendor to sell you a TV in BTC, you should be able to trust a banker (pirate) who has a network of other bankers (goat, giga, patrick, hashking, etc) using their services, not to mention the tons of representative "assets" on the main BTC exchange GLBSE.  The pro-pirate posts on the forums outnumbered the con posts 10 to 1, and the cons were always ripped apart.  This was not simply "give your money to someone you never met" in the general sense.  Everyone trusted pirate because the long-time high post count "bankers" here that should have been "in the know" did.

I don't think you can call the general population stupid on this one.  I think that designation should be reserved for the pros that should have known better.  Many of which will come out ahead, despite the default.

You really can't see the difference?  Someone is running a scam selling TV which don't exist, how much can he get away with $100, maybe $500 before someone reports him?  So the level of trust should be $100 to $500.   If you can trust Mr. TV with $500 you can trust him to deliver the TV.  If you can't you should use escrow.

However this is an entire whole different level of scam.

You (and a hundreds? thousand? of other suckers) sent someone $5M in return for nothing but the promise of that he would return >$5M in the future.

Don't you think the level of due diligence and verification should be a "little bit" higher when dealing with that kind of money?  Do it again and I guarantee you it will end equally bad.  Smart people don't hand other anonymous people millions of dollars with no verification and expect good things to happen

Also calling Pirate a "banker" is just about the stupidest thing I have heard today.   What bank charter is he operating under?  Oh yeah none.  He isn't a banker.  He is a 35 year old scumbag who had his house foreclosed, doesn't pay his bills, and had a half dozen lawsuits file against him in his short adult life.   I mean lets be at least slightly objective here.

You (and others collectively) gave a semi-annoymous person $5M in irreversible and very difficult to trace currency based on absolutely nothing other than his "word" he would repay it.  Period. To say the investors suckers shouldn't be called stupid is just pure denial.   The bolded sentence above is STUPID.  STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID.  There is no possible scenario where the above bolded sentence is anything but ASININELY STUPID.  

Not many people will ruined their rep for $100 scam, a far larger number are willing to do so $5M esecially when the marks hand it to them on a silver plater with a note that says "rob me, I'm stupid".
Sorry for the harsh reality lesson but your line of thinking is just going to enable "Pirate 2.0" and we will have to hear another round of whining about how it wasn't stupid.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: