Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:20:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bold statement: Next target is low ~$700s (Awaiting scream of laughter)  (Read 4413 times)
8up (OP)

Activity: 618
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 11:35:06 AM

We'll see some more hovering around the 200-300 level in the next weeks. After that we'll be reaching ~$700 (quite fast) followed by a correction to the low ~$400s. After that we'll have a boring, but stable time till mid 2016. Good for merchant adoption and inviting your friends to the party,...

This is a speculation based only on gut feeling and some minor observations.

Let the shitstorm begin!  Grin

Always wrong until not.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Morecoin Freeman

Activity: 854
Merit: 503

Legendary trader

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 11:37:20 AM

Seems legit. Tongue

Ask the stranger he knows who you really are.
Satu

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 11:39:34 AM

I hope your gut come true. I have a good laugh while reading this thread

Hint: Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature. Signatures taller than 42px will be cut off.
goxed
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006

Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 11:42:14 AM

We'll see some more hovering around the 200-300 level in the next weeks. After that we'll be reaching ~$700 (quite fast) followed by a correction to the low ~$400s. After that we'll have a boring, but stable time till mid 2016. Good for merchant adoption and inviting your friends to the party,...

Let the shitstorm begin!  Grin

Good 5second entertainment

Revewing Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 11:52:35 AM

it seems a realistic prediction, but we won't see 700 or anything above 500(or even 300 for what it counts...) for quite some time, at least this is what the market is telling to us , now...
DeadCoin

Activity: 1246
Merit: 261

★ Investor | Trader | Promoter

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 11:53:07 AM

Volume is pathetic even in low 200s, so how do you expect people to buy in 400s or 700s, and even crazier, how do you expect price to stay that high until 2016? I doubt $200+ can hold for much longer, there are 3600 new coins mined every day, while demand and interest in bitcoin are decreasing. More fiat is getting squeezed out of system than that is injected. It is still ridiculously overpriced and still in the process of deflating from the 2013 bubbles, there are simply not enough new suckers and not enough new fresh fiat to maintain the price levels you're proposing.
8up (OP)

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 12:04:05 PM

Volume is pathetic even in low 200s, so how do you expect people to buy in 400s or 700s, and even crazier, how do you expect price to stay that high until 2016? I doubt $200+ can hold for much longer, there are 3600 new coins mined every day, while demand and interest in bitcoin are decreasing. More fiat is getting squeezed out of system than that is injected. It is still ridiculously overpriced and still in the process of deflating from the 2013 bubbles, there are simply not enough new suckers and not enough new fresh fiat to maintain the price levels you're proposing.

The market is suppressed for a while now. Bulls simply have forgotten their strength. If we can maintain $200 now, we will easily maintain $400 in a few month (especially, when reward halving comes on the horizon).

Always wrong until not.
NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 12:50:17 PM

Thanks for that, it was a riveting read and showed a lot of insight and analysis on your part...
Why does everyone feel the need to post predictions based on nothing?  Yes it might be $700 tomorrow, yes it could be $25 tomorrow, I get it!

Either trade it or just wait and see what happens, no need for a gut feeling thread 40 times a day!
ensurance982

Activity: 518

Trust me!

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 12:55:52 PM

Well, I don't really agree with your hypothesis, but it's as good as any other one around here. This is the speculation forum. But do you mind sharing some more reasons that cause you to believe this?

We Support Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2015, 01:02:59 PM

I am not sure that another jump like the rise to $1200 is in the cards.

The huge jumps in the past were based on the idea that we were going to reach critical mass.

I think we have reached it and the adoption rate is steady. We have had so much good news this past year that I can't see anything that would rally people to believe that the price will be several times higher than its current price.

Though I can see a price discovery point when the mining reward halves.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
8up (OP)

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 01:12:14 PM

Well, I don't really agree with your hypothesis, but it's as good as any other one around here. This is the speculation forum. But do you mind sharing some more reasons that cause you to believe this?

Actually, there are so many small observations. It's hard to name them all...

• First of all, look at the 2011 correction. Besides the bitstamp flash crash (exaggeration) you almost perfectly can align the last 3 or 4 major moves to our current correction. Guess where we are.
  • No downtrend lasts forever except, there is no left value in a tech, a company or a currency (but then it goes to zero nevertheless). I think the recent investment of more than one major financial player is the clear opposite of "no value left".
  • Sentiment is overly bearish. All major analysts (see here and on tradingview suspect declining prices). All of them have a big fellowship. Which means most of the market participants should have positioned themselves accordingly. Bulls are ridiculed or ignored alot these days. No one dares to publish a bullish marketperspective. And the bulls in here, who are trolling at the moment, are not the ones with the big bags.
  • ~$220 is an established quadruple bottom. If price would want to go lower, there would be no better time than now. Still it hasn't happend.
  • It was to expect, that Wallstreet would not pay a premium for entering the market. Since the low in January you can assume big accumulation. This goes hand in hand with investing in companies like coinbase or circle
  • Bitcoin is slowly warming up with other communities (not just crypto-anarchists and speculants)
  • Media is overly positive since the beginning of 2015

In Bitcoin terms the doubling of the price is not a big move. Just think of how many people bitcoin have on their radar. And now think of yourself, when you bought in. There is a lag between understanding, the purpose to buy in and the actual act.

Always wrong until not.
ensurance982

Activity: 518

Trust me!

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 01:24:28 PM

The huge jumps in the past were based on the idea that we were going to reach critical mass.

I think we have reached it and the adoption rate is steady. We have had so much good news this past year that I can't see anything that would rally people to believe that the price will be several times higher than its current price.

Actually, there are so many small observations. It's hard to name them all...

• First of all, look at the 2011 correction. Besides the bitstamp flash crash (exaggeration) you almost perfectly can align the last 3 or 4 major moves to our current correction. Guess where we are.
  • No downtrend lasts forever except, there is no left value in a tech, a company or a currency (but then it goes to zero nevertheless). I think the recent investment of more than one major financial player is the clear opposite of "no value left".
  • Sentiment is overly bearish. All major analysts (see here and on tradingview suspect declining prices). All of them have a big fellowship. Which means most of the market participants should have positioned themselves accordingly. Bulls are ridiculed or ignored alot these days. No one dares to publish a bullish marketperspective. And the bulls in here, who are trolling at the moment, are not the ones with the big bags.
  • ~$220 is an established quadruple bottom. If price would want to go lower, there would be no better time than now. Still it hasn't happend.
  • It was to expect, that Wallstreet would not pay a premium for entering the market. Since the low in January you can assume big accumulation. This goes hand in hand with investing in companies like coinbase or circle
  • Bitcoin is slowly warming up with other communities (not just crypto-anarchists and speculants)
  • Media is overly positive since the beginning of 2015

In Bitcoin terms the doubling of the price is not a big move. Just think of how many people bitcoin have on their radar. And now think of yourself, when you bought in. There is a lag between understanding, the purpose to buy in and the actual act.

I guess you guys represent the both types of bulls there are. You both are rather optimistic or pro-bitcoin, at least, but have different expectations on future price movements. I think both your positions are legitimate and could turn out to be the right one. Thanks for elaborating on your "gut-feeling", 8up!

We Support Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP
Dafar
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

dafar consulting

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 02:20:59 PM

Going from $300 --> $700 --> $400 within the next few months sounds weird to me. Won't happen.

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
ssmc2
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1040

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 02:22:45 PM

Yeah if we really do see 700 then that means the train is moving along and certainly won't reverse.
Dilla

Activity: 588

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 02:28:36 PM

$700? Why $700? That's full rocket booster territory, it will still be going on up!  Grin
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2015, 02:34:16 PM

Before we start dreaming of $700, $7000, Seventeen million, let's focus on cracking $300 and staying above $300.

Seems like a tough barrier to crack this whole year so far... Cry

Just keep expectations and price targets more in line.

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
yayayo
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1024

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 04:31:26 PM

Going from $300 --> $700 --> $400 within the next few months sounds weird to me. Won't happen.

That makes it even more likely to happen. Remember: This is Bitcoin. Cheesy

I'm not sure regarding the proposed pattern neither, but the upcoming availability of Bitcoin investment instruments (GBTC, ETN, Winklevii ETF) could support the price. Also venture capital continues to flow into the Bitcoin sphere at an increasing rate. So if I had to decide between up and down, I'd say up.

ya.ya.yo!

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 04:42:59 PM

If we are destined for another bull run then 700 could be the first sell off phase and if it did go down near 400 it wouldn't last long there as newer buyers would be getting their second wind at cheaper coins.
Natalia_AnatolioPAMM

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 05:28:28 PM

why not 1700$  Smiley
fortif78

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 06:08:55 PM

Whilst I do not agree with this topic specifically, your statement there is too full of lol.
You may want to rethink that one.

"In the land of the blind, the man with one eye is king."
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: