Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 12:02:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bold statement: Next target is low ~$700s (Awaiting scream of laughter)  (Read 4415 times)
Zangelbert Bingledack
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 06:19:14 PM
Last edit: April 30, 2015, 06:42:58 PM by Zangelbert Bingledack

I can sort of see the logic. If the bottom is already in at $150, then it doesn't make sense to spend the next year before the halving right above the bottom. The bottom should have been overdone, meaning that actual steady-state consolidation price is more unemotional, so a few times higher.

In 2011 the bottom was $2, and there was half a year of hovering around $5, then another half year of oscillating around $10 or low teens. $750 is 5x the bottom at $150, as $10 was 5x the bottom at $2. The idea being that "$150 is the new $2. $700 is the new $10." Here's the chart for the two years 2011 and 2012:

Here's the past two years (up to today) compressed to show the similar pattern to the above:

Same timespan of two years in both charts, but the second one is compressed about 2.5x. Some almost uncanny similarities in the shape of that downtrend, no?

History never quite repeats, and the downtrend this time has continued about three times as long, so who knows. But OP is suggesting a kind of rhyme ("history never repeats, but it rhymes") that makes some sense to me.
ssmc2
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1040

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 06:41:54 PM

I can sort of see the logic. If the bottom is already in at $150, then it doesn't make sense to spend the next year before the halving right above the bottom. The bottom should have been overdone, meaning that actual steady-state consolidation price is more unemotional, so a few times higher.

In 2011 the bottom was $2, and there was half a year of hovering around $5, then another half year of oscillating around $10 or low teens. $750 is 5x the bottom at $150, as $10 was 5x the bottom at $2. "$150 is the new $2. $700 is the new $10." Here's the chart for the two years 2011 and 2012:

Here's the past two years (up to today) compressed to show the similar pattern to the above:

Same timespan of two years in both charts, but the second one is compressed about 2.5x. Some almost uncanny similarities in the shape of that downtrend, no?

History never quite repeats, and the downtrend this time has continued about three times as long, so who knows. But OP is suggesting a kind of rhyme ("history never repeats, but it rhymes") that makes some sense to me.

Looking forward to the new $1163  Grin
ThatDGuy

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 07:39:36 PM

My body is ready
Zangelbert Bingledack
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 08:04:03 PM

Looking forward to the new $1163  Grin

$1163 was the new $32, but if we go up 100x from the new $10 like we did before, if we assume $700 is the new $10, the next bubble peak would be in the $70,000s. Not a bad place to take some profits. Grin
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 08:05:28 PM

Looking forward to the new $1163  Grin

$1163 was the new $32, but if we go up 100x from the new $10 like we did before, that would be in the $70,000s. Not a bad place to take some profits.

Hmm. I think I can live with that.

Whatever rise there may be will surely take a totally different form from previous ones. There won't be a Gox. There is now leverage all over the place. There are more exchanges than ever.

It'll be fascinating to see how it compares.
yayayo
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1024

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 02:34:12 PM

Looking forward to the new $1163  Grin

$1163 was the new $32, but if we go up 100x from the new $10 like we did before, if we assume $700 is the new $10, the next bubble peak would be in the $70,000s. Not a bad place to take some profits. Grin

By profit taking you mean purchasing fiat money? Why would you want to do that? Converting good money into fiat money?

If Bitcoin reaches $70k (at today's values) I think the quantity of goods and services you'll be able to purchase directly with Bitcoin will be at least 10x-20x times bigger than today.
That said, I think the next bubble will not be at $70k, but more likely in the $5k-$10k-region, because we live in a finite world and there's much more capital needed to support such a movement, so relative growth will slow down at higher prices.

ya.ya.yo!

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
bassclef

Activity: 924

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 07:06:37 PM

Whatever rise there may be will surely take a totally different form from previous ones. There won't be a Gox. There is now leverage all over the place. There are more exchanges than ever.

It'll be fascinating to see how it compares.

"The market is an artist, not a computer. It has a repertoire of basic behavior patterns that it subtly modifies, combines and springs unexpectedly on its audience. A trading market is an entity with a mind of its own."

--Richard Wyckoff
Wary

Activity: 798

Who's there?

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 12:44:41 AM

In 2011 the bottom was $2, and there was half a year of hovering around $5, then another half year of oscillating around $10 or low teens. $750 is 5x the bottom at $150, as $10 was 5x the bottom at $2. The idea being that "$150 is the new $2. $700 is the new $10." Here's the chart for the two years 2011 and 2012:

If the history repeats at 150/2 scale and 3 times slower, we should expect 1.5 year around $350 and another 1.5 around $750. No next ATH untill 2018. A lot of patience will we need.  Sad  

Fairplay medal of dnaleor's trading simulator. Smiley
Alley
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 01:02:24 AM

This could easily happen may 18th when xbt provider launches on NASDAQ Stockholm.  There purchasing bitcoin to cover each share sold.   Only need a few investment firms to want to dip there toe in bitcoin and that will translate to millions of dollars.
Q7

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2015, 02:14:19 AM

It will be more interesting if you can accompany that with chart and some analysis rather than telling it's from your gut feeling. As I always believe things unimaginable is possible in bitcoin and even when you least expect it to happen, it will surprises you. Right now, looking at the trading volume and order book, I don't think the current condition will change for now.

Erdogan
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 12:14:13 PM

The importance of positive news could come with a huge time delay, like a year or two, and could be the reason the good news doesn't seem to do anything.

I agree with the OP, but sentiment is really hard to estimate.
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 01:10:35 PM

it makes no sense. if it was this easy plenty of people would have made major profits. glad we don't know what will happen. just make sure you bought in already at current prices.
3x2
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 01:14:31 PM

i think BTC will stay between 200$ to 400$ in next 6 to 10 months.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 07:37:24 PM

i think BTC will stay between 200$ to 400$ in next 6 to 10 months.

Same here. It would be a big surprise if it would go above $400 this year. I'm already happy to see stable $300 level.
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 11:38:58 PM

It all depends on when the tools for wall street come out, the Winks should have theirs out before the end of the year. Assuming there's ample demand as in, some of these large brokerages and hedge funds looking to gain some exposure, then people are gonna freak out where they see the price rise to while the masses of the world scramble to grab some for themselves. Perfect storm is a coming.
goxed
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006

Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 12:26:20 AM

I think crypto is in the right place at the right time. Actually there's a lot of talk about a massive economic policy failure starting 2015/September which will reduce confidence in major fiat currencies namely euro and usd, probably leading to huge fluctuations because of government adjustments, like that happened with chf earlier this year. If that  indeed happens, a bulk of  the long-term parked money is going to move into crypto / btc while the world governments sort out their fiats.

Revewing Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 6559

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 12:52:41 AM

The prediction is interesting and not too un-realistic.

For me, a key moment will be when the price goes above the last high of just above 300$. If it holds this value, it's possible that sentiment changes rapidly to bullish. It may not be enough momentum to surpass $1200, but $700 is definitely possible.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Wary

Activity: 798

Who's there?

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 12:53:52 AM

Your prediction is strange. I think there are two possibilities for the next few months:

Nothing happens at all (+/-20%) or it grows exponentially surpassing $100,000
There is 14 million bitcoins, so the cap should be 1.4 trillion $. At rally times one dollar invested rises the cap to about 10$. So for the price to reach 100K, new 140 billion USD must flow into the bitcoin system. Why can it happen?

Fairplay medal of dnaleor's trading simulator. Smiley
peeveepee

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 05:28:42 AM

Another random person making prediction. You have anything to back it up?
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 12:41:51 PM

I don't think we'll even see the price going over $600 in entire 2016 let alone 'low $700'. My target for 2016 is around ~$500 which is a fair estimate.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: