Bitcoin Forum
June 09, 2024, 06:38:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Marital Rape a Crime?  (Read 5027 times)
panju1 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 03:18:49 PM

Not in India.
The government is facing some flak for this.

http://blogs.wsj.com/indiarealtime/2015/04/30/modi-governments-reasons-why-marital-rape-is-not-a-crime/

Why isn’t it a crime for a man to rape his wife in India? The government says it’s because of poverty, religious beliefs, social customs and the mindset of the Indian society, among other things.
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2015, 03:39:50 PM

Just read the argument yesterday and it does not make any sense to not make it an offense. They argue saying that marriage is considered sacred and so it cannot be considered a crime. Rape in any terms is a criminal offense and making such excuses is just a way to protect the criminals. So many people get abused because of such baseless arguments saying that people will misuse it.

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2015, 04:58:35 PM

Religions all over the world use their beliefs as an excuse for violence and crime, India and it's religion is no exception.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 06:02:11 PM

It only became a crime in many first world countries shockingly recently.

I had a girlfriend who very much enjoyed 'raping' me. I well and truly did not enjoy it. At all.
saddampbuh
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1014

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 07:04:55 PM

no

Be radical, have principles, be absolute, be that which the bourgeoisie calls an extremist: give yourself without counting or calculating, don't accept what they call ‘the reality of life' and act in such a way that you won't be accepted by that kind of ‘life', never abandon the principle of struggle.
panju1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 07:59:42 AM

no

Maybe in some parts of the world.
Times are changing. Public opinion might make laws change.
saddampbuh
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 08:30:03 AM

i care nothing for public opinion or man made laws. marriage means the woman submitting to the man, end of story.

Be radical, have principles, be absolute, be that which the bourgeoisie calls an extremist: give yourself without counting or calculating, don't accept what they call ‘the reality of life' and act in such a way that you won't be accepted by that kind of ‘life', never abandon the principle of struggle.
Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2015, 08:31:44 AM

i care nothing for public opinion or man made laws. marriage means the woman submitting to the man, end of story.

You're an imbecile.
Nick Markus

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 08:35:14 AM

Religions all over the world use their beliefs as an excuse for violence and crime, India and it's religion is no exception.

Unfortunately, that is the reality.
Aggressor66

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 08:55:58 AM

So if a husband forces his wife into sex against her will and consent ,taking advantage of her physically weak situation,that is an act of protecting sacred values of Indian marriage system  Huh
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 10:28:53 AM

So if a husband forces his wife into sex against her will and consent ,taking advantage of her physically weak situation,that is an act of protecting sacred values of Indian marriage system  Huh

India has to nurture its wonderful attitude towards the ladies somehow. You might as well begin at the source so young boys can learn at home.

Golly, are you one magnificent slab of machismo. If you ever feel like applying some of that to me I'd consider switching sides so you can rough me up a little (shakes tookus seductively).
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 11:28:57 AM

Not in India.

http://blogs.wsj.com/indiarealtime/2015/04/30/modi-governments-reasons-why-marital-rape-is-not-a-crime/

Why isn’t it a crime for a man to rape his wife in India? The government says it’s because of poverty, religious beliefs, social customs and the mindset of the Indian society, among other things.

Recently there has been a number of news reports about women being gang raped on the bus system in India. 

Obviously there is a broader problem in India concerning perception of women and their role and rights.
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2015, 11:39:33 AM
Last edit: May 01, 2015, 12:00:55 PM by erikalui

Not in India.

Recently there has been a number of news reports about women being gang raped on the bus system in India.  

Obviously there is a broader problem in India concerning perception of women and their role and rights.

That Delhi rape case wasn't a case of marital rape. It's because of some *sick* men who think woman walking on the streets after 8:00 p.m. are characterless.  Lips sealed

Marriages have become a joke when men think women are an item they bought from a shop and they can treat them anyhow they like.

Another article: http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/anger-over-ministers-marital-rape-comment/article7157945.ece

FreedomCoin

Activity: 675
Merit: 507

Freedom to choose

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 08:08:04 PM

Not in India.

That Delhi rape case wasn't a case of marital rape. It's because of some *sick* men who think woman walking on the streets after 8:00 p.m. are characterless.  Lips sealed

Marriages have become a joke when men think women are an item they bought from a shop and they can treat them anyhow they like.

Another article: http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/anger-over-ministers-marital-rape-comment/article7157945.ece

Marriages are a joke, they do not lower the chance of breaking up, having a better family or make you any happier.

And whats up with people using gold/silver and diamonds to bribe their partner into marriage? Those rare earth materials have better uses in circuitry, use in thermal performace, and stronger cutting materials.

And lets not even get into alimony.

So to answer OPs question, yes..

panju1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 01:21:40 AM

Well, man made laws can get you into jail, if you fall on the wrong side of them.
That is one reason to at least acknowledge them.  Tongue
CoolRunnings21

Activity: 295
Merit: 250

Nenávist má sestru, to je závist.

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 02:38:39 AM

It only became a crime in many first world countries shockingly recently.

I had a girlfriend who very much enjoyed 'raping' me. I well and truly did not enjoy it. At all.

Sounds like an interesting story.

I think all women in India who are victims of marital rape should then give their husbands a few of those indian pharmacy pills in his tea then prepare to ram him in his ass with a strap on.

And due to poverty she had to use a sawed off broom handle screwed into a belt, no lube.

Rape is Rape, No one should be forced against their will married or not.

NDotSO / Bourák
scryptasicminer

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 04:49:47 AM

So if a husband forces his wife into sex against her will and consent ,taking advantage of her physically weak situation,that is an act of protecting sacred values of Indian marriage system  Huh

India has to nurture its wonderful attitude towards the ladies somehow. You might as well begin at the source so young boys can learn at home.

Golly, are you one magnificent slab of machismo. If you ever feel like applying some of that to me I'd consider switching sides so you can rough me up a little (shakes tookus seductively).

Yes, India is a wonderland for the ladies.
Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2015, 01:20:24 PM

Marriage has always been a fucking joke, I didn't think too badly of it when I was younger but of course the more I learned about it the more I began to hate and despise the whole concept, one way or another, it's not about being in a relationship, it's about one person enforcing their will over the other ( That goes for women as well as men ) so no wonder a huge percentage of marriages end badly now.

If there are couple out there that have managed to avoid the shit that goes with marriage then good on them, but I'll be avoiding it like the plague.
Aggressor66

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 01:38:57 PM

Theoretically if it happens without the consent of a woman it is not acceptable in any case. In case of married woman such cruelty is hard to investigate and prove and substantial misuse potential exists. Even though there is a very big grey area, I am sure some cases are truly black and white. Something is hard to prove should not be an excuse for not having a law. In my opinion a legal protection should be available for any woman who wants to stand against such atrocity. The idea is to stop treating women as mere objects, their say in bed is as equally important. I won't be surprised if a big section of married women would say that it is their religious duty to be available for their husbands in every case
Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2015, 01:51:44 PM

It's not 'theoretical' and it should be consensual either way, if as a man you're the slightest bit unsure if she actually wants it then get the fuck out of there so you don't get any trouble your way, it's actually really fucking simple, if a girl is fucking you about and won't give you a straight answer then don't even go there, run.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: