Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:08:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is Bitcoin still a slave of Fiat?  (Read 13930 times)
nizamcc
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 10:08:53 AM

Unless it gets accepted widely, and that people take it as a real currency rather than virtual money, it will always be compared with Fiat.
Though, there are still places where Bitcoins are accepted and so, due to the acceptance, value doesn't matter for them there.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 01:22:31 PM

The game changer will be being able to pay bills with BTC, once we get there then that would mean we aren't a fiat slave, until then we need fiat, ofc we also need jobs being paid in BTC directly.
maartenhaha

Activity: 1456
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2015, 01:36:34 PM

i putted this on my watchlist, interresting topic i'd like to follow
because i'm thinking about letting my clients pay my services in bitcoins, make it known better exetera.

▄▀
                         █▀
                       ▄██
                     ▄▀ █
                   ▄▀  █
                 ▄▀   ▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
             ▄▀     ▐▌▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀
           ▄▀  ▄▄▄▀ █
        ▄████▀▀    ▐▌
    ▄▄████▀▀       █
  ▄▄▀▀▀▀          ▐▌
                  ▐
███████████████████████████

█████████████████████████

██████████████████████

██████████████

███████████████████

████████████████████

███████████████
██████████████████████████████   ██
      1.28%     
      DAILY ROI     

IN-WALLET
AUTO STAKING

FASTEST BURN
ON BSC

ANTI-DUMP 
   MECHANISM   
██   ██████████████████████████████
██████████████████

████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████

██████████████████████

████████████████████████

██████████████████████████
●  Whitepaper
●  Litepaper
●  Onepager
●  Twitter
●  Telegram
●  Discord
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 02:46:15 PM

The game changer will be being able to pay bills with BTC, once we get there then that would mean we aren't a fiat slave, until then we need fiat, ofc we also need jobs being paid in BTC directly.

we can do that already there are service that allow this, dunno about the regulation, but it is possible

here some

https://www.cashila.com/
https://www.bitbill.eu/
https://bitwa.la/
tatu

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 03:11:14 PM

Why is Bitcoin tied to Fiat? Why is Bitcoin value moving like a stock? satoshi said the value will be derived by the limit of total coins. But we are seeing the opposite. Why dont we mathematically calculate the value of bitcoin according to the amount of bitcoin mined?

Why is everything tied to fiat? Why are cell phones and plasma tv's tied to fiat? Because that's the unit of wealth we use. Maybe one day bitcoin will break away from being pegged to fiat but it'll be a long time if ever. And for bitcoin's value to rise that just depends on supply and demand.
operrajunk74

Activity: 344
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 08:45:38 PM

Why is Bitcoin tied to Fiat? Why is Bitcoin value moving like a stock? satoshi said the value will be derived by the limit of total coins. But we are seeing the opposite. Why dont we mathematically calculate the value of bitcoin according to the amount of bitcoin mined?

Why is everything tied to fiat? Why are cell phones and plasma tv's tied to fiat? Because that's the unit of wealth we use. Maybe one day bitcoin will break away from being pegged to fiat but it'll be a long time if ever. And for bitcoin's value to rise that just depends on supply and demand.

Fiat is acceptable everywhere whereas bitcoin is gaining its popularity and as bitcoin is not acceptable everywhere fiat is ruling the market. And it will take a long time that we hear that fiat is slave of bitcoin but it's a long way to go. Till then fiat is the market leader.
stromma44

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 10:14:10 PM

Fiat is acceptable everywhere whereas bitcoin is gaining its popularity and as bitcoin is not acceptable everywhere fiat is ruling the market. And it will take a long time that we hear that fiat is slave of bitcoin but it's a long way to go. Till then fiat is the market leader.

Many countries are against the use of bitcoins and many are not aware about it so Fiat is enjoying its monopoly in the market. Once the adoption will increased there are chances that bitcoin will take over on fiat but for that awareness level of people should be high.
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 11:37:57 PM

Elwar (I think its the username) is making a great job at demonstrating you can already love off BTC only even if we are at still the primitive stages of cryptocurrency, guy is a legitimate pioneer with his crypto only lifestyle.
ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2015, 08:17:30 AM

The world has been built around fiat not Bitcoin. Fiat is part and parcel of the human ecosystem and is designed to work seamlessly with everything within it. Bitcoin is a completely new technology with different properties, extensive tweaking of the system is required for a full integration and this will not happen overnight. Fiat deserves some respect, without it Bitcoin wouldn't even exist.   
Fat Ronaldo

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 08:57:26 AM

Bitcoin will be a slave to fiat as long as it is pegged to it. Can't see that changing anytime soon.

Elwar (I think its the username) is making a great job at demonstrating you can already love off BTC only even if we are at still the primitive stages of cryptocurrency, guy is a legitimate pioneer with his crypto only lifestyle.

It's possible but very difficult. You could also live off begging or just bartering with people but it makes your life more difficult. I respect him for his determination and dedication to bitcoin, though.
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 10:06:50 AM

The world has been built around fiat not Bitcoin. Fiat is part and parcel of the human ecosystem and is designed to work seamlessly with everything within it. Bitcoin is a completely new technology with different properties, extensive tweaking of the system is required for a full integration and this will not happen overnight. Fiat deserves some respect, without it Bitcoin wouldn't even exist.   

actually the world was build around barter at first, then the money has come, so we should return to barter by this logic...new things will come and they should be welcomed and adopted if they are good like bitcoin

there is no need to respect something that is causing the recent crisis which has reduced in poverty many countries

and how "whitout it bitcoin wouldn't even exist" make sense? bitcoin was not build around fiat, bitcoin is everything that fiat isn't there is no correlation(or i can't see any).....

if satoshi was born in the era of pure barter and come up with bitcoin, right now we would have bitcoin instead of fiat
ObscureBean
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2015, 11:27:45 AM

actually the world was build around barter at first, then the money has come, so we should return to barter by this logic...new things will come and they should be welcomed and adopted if they are good like bitcoin

there is no need to respect something that is causing the recent crisis which has reduced in poverty many countries

and how "whitout it bitcoin wouldn't even exist" make sense? bitcoin was not build around fiat, bitcoin is everything that fiat isn't there is no correlation(or i can't see any).....

if satoshi was born in the era of pure barter and come up with bitcoin, right now we would have bitcoin instead of fiat

I'm... flabbergasted by your comment. Literally. Cheesy No offense but you're either genuinely naive or you mustered up this retort in an effort to defend something that was never under attack in the first place. I don't even know where to begin lol. Seriously, without being mean, you should take a moment, re-read what you've just written and give it some thought. If there truly is something wrong with your logic, I'm sure you'll see it. If not, then I guess I'm the one who's wrong  Smiley
D05GTO

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 11:55:00 AM

LOL, I'm flabbergasted too.   The world wasn't built around fiat.   Just so happened that a very few people scammed everyone else into thinking it's the perfect system.

Everyone needs to watch this video to see how crazy it truly is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFDe5kUUyT0

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
Get-Paid.com

Activity: 1820
Merit: 386

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 03:40:44 PM

LOL, I'm flabbergasted too.   The world wasn't built around fiat.   Just so happened that a very few people scammed everyone else into thinking it's the perfect system.

Everyone needs to watch this video to see how crazy it truly is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFDe5kUUyT0

Very good video explaining the difference between CURRENCY and MONEY ... basically it shows how the world of banks is created out of nothing ... it's something that should be "well known" already but somehow people who are not interested in economics might not be interested to learn about it. And usually only those who have interest in this field already know what the video says. That's the sad thing here.

🍀 Read our Blog how to make money from Gambling --> https://gamblingfreebies.com/ 🍀

💰 Our Top Bitcoin Faucet --> https://freebitcoin.io 💰
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 04:26:03 PM

Bitcoin will be a slave to fiat as long as it is pegged to it. Can't see that changing anytime soon.

It's possible but very difficult. You could also live off begging or just bartering with people but it makes your life more difficult. I respect him for his determination and dedication to bitcoin, though.

It's very difficult because we still on the very early days, wit time it will be easier. What I don't see is how are we going to pay bills. We need service providers (water, warm, internet, phone) accepting BTC. In my country I think this circle isn't completed.
ObscureBean
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2015, 05:56:29 AM

The world wasn't built around fiat.

Money is literally the lifeblood of the human world, it's what makes everything you see around you possible. It really shouldn't be too hard to see the analogy between the human body and the human world as a whole. Blood needs to flow into every tiniest part of the body lest it withers and dies, the human body has been built around veins, arteries and capillaries.
Blood is what keeps the different parts of the body alive and functioning properly. Money is what keeps the different parts of the human world (man-made world) alive and functioning properly. Just imagine all the money of everyone in your city gone. While the subtleties of such a scenario are likely to elude even the brightest minds, it should conjure up enough logical connections for you to reconsider your assertion (highlighted above).
BIT-Sharon

Activity: 266

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 07:57:00 AM

except the reason that it is not a traditional currency accepted by most of people, can the number of Bitcoin be one of the reasons?
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 03:54:04 PM

we can do that already there are service that allow this, dunno about the regulation, but it is possible

here some

This seem still very primitive. Also I would like service provider companies like electricity etc, to accept directly BTC without no fiat conversion weird stuff happening in between. I want companies that exclusively only accept BTC, and I cant find none for basic services.
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 07:11:30 PM

here some

This seem still very primitive. Also I would like service provider companies like electricity etc, to accept directly BTC without no fiat conversion weird stuff happening in between. I want companies that exclusively only accept BTC, and I cant find none for basic services.

you are asking too much, we are still too far away for it to happen, and probably will never happen, every company need to make the user more confortable and put all the famous available payments in the world

what you are asking could become true only if fiat collapse...
walter3211

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 03:09:51 PM

Bitcoin is still the minority's game. It is not recognized by the masses yet! So it has to be attached to fiat money to gain value otherwise it is worthless.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: