Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 04:28:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What should he do with it?
Hit Satoshidice and wager all on a lessthan 32768 bet. 1 MILLION BTC!!!!!!!
Become an actual pirate, buy a gargantuan yacht and invite us all for Rum and ladies spreading the Bitcoin gospel from coast to coast
Turn the UN flag into a skull and bones
Buy America
If Option 1 successful: give a Bitcoin each to a million starving kids in Africa, turn them into an army, invade Europe, Fun!
Print all the coin on a casascius paper note, build a maze of death traps around it, add cameras for prime time entertainment
Put all the coin in a brainwallet and hide the passphrase in a really hard to guess riddle; drive everyone nuts.
Have the private key implanted under your skin and become the most valuable and sought after human body in history and live a life of danger and excitement!
Build a pyramid of gold!
Lend it to me. I offer 7% ROI. Per DAY!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What if Pirate got to keep the 500k BTC?  (Read 892 times)
goodlord666 (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

100%

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 03:08:00 PM

So it seems like Pirate is defaulting and paying back money to the lenders and everyone will be like "Oh, cool, thanks." But somehow.. it's disappointing. Cause we've all sort of anticipated Pirate to pull a really big one.

Admit to it! Secretly you all longed for Pirate to screw you over and run with the money!

Being the one man on the planet to hold 1/42 of the world's capital (hypothetically speaking) brings along with it the potential of absolute grandeur.

So what if we just let him do it??!!! Take the coin pirate and make a run for it! And we crown him Captain of the Bitcoin ship.

What should Pirate do with the money if he got to keep it?

(All the rest of you guys wouldn't have a use for it anways, other than giving it to someone else...)

mc_lovin
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2012, 04:29:05 PM

So what if we just let him do it??!!!
Such a statement, "c'mon guys, whaddya say?  should we let him steal the millions?"

But on the other hand, I agree it is humorous that the person with the most coins in the world stole them all like a true pirate.

The community learned another valuable lesson..  Goxxed... Mybitcoin... Bitcoinica... and now pirate.  I hope everyone has learned once again that you shouldn't trust strangers with your money!  Bitcoins stay in your wallet!

I am reminded of the pizza thread, how everyone's like "that pizza is now worth $300,000!!!" and now it's like "pirate stole over 10 pizzas from the community!!".  10 years from now, this could be a billion-dollar bitcoin heist. 

I'd act fast if you guys want the monies back.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: