Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:21:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: [EDU] Faucet risks  (Read 67491 times)
shorena (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2015, 03:31:31 PM
Last edit: August 02, 2016, 09:55:16 AM by shorena
Merited by LoyceV (2), bitbollo (1)

Intro

Today (01.05.2015) this section was created due to the strain this topic caused in other sections.

The purpose of this thread is to offer guidance when using the services in this section and understanding the downsides and risks involved. They are known by a variety of different names, but to make things easier I will just call them faucets. The shared principle is that you visit a homepage filled with advertisements and perform small tasks. That may be solving a captcha, answering a question, watching a short video or filling out a questionnaire. For these small tasks you get a very small rewards, typically a few hundred or thousand satoshi at a time. 1000 Satoshi equal roughly 0.3 cent USD (Nov 2015). Those running the service get their money from the advertisements shown to you. There are certainly other concepts and other profit strategies, but it would be too much for this thread to discuss them all.

This thread will be updated as needed, feel free to suggest things to add, corrections and discuss possible issues here.

Risks involved

#1 Fees and dusty inputs

The most common problem when using faucets is the small payment. Every time you receive a bitcoin payment to your wallet you have a new input to spend at a later date. Think of this like a lump of bitcoin you can use later. When you later want to use these lumps of bitcoin they need space as part of the transaction your wallet creates for you. This is usually 180 bytes per input. A bigger (in terms of byte) transaction will need more fees in order to be confirmed in a reasonable amount of time. Each block offers only a limited amount of space (currently 1 MB) and if you need a big chunk of the space a big chunk of your available funds will be used as fee for the miners. Faucets try to counter this by creating payout limits, but they are often set very small. A reasonable fee for a transaction with less than 1000 byte in size is 10,000 Satoshi. If the payout limit is 100,000 Satoshi and you try to spend this input, you will have to spend 10% on fees. If you want an example how bad this can end, I helped someone recover from this a while back, in numbers:
~0.5 BTC from faucets, collected over ~2 years, ~2000 inputs, ~350,000 bytes, ~0.09 BTC in fees.

#2 Fraudulent faucet operators

Faucets operate on a very slim profit margin. Its easy to balance the rewards with the income from the ads, this can be done on a per user basis. If one can expect 750 Satoshi for someone viewing all ads, one can safely reward 700 Satoshi and still make a profit. It is however difficult to balance the monthly costs, e.g. for the server. These can only be balanced over a certain amount of users. Whenever a faucet turns unprofitable the operator can easily vanish. Thus its desirable to withdraw early which might increase problem #1. As a rule of thumb popular faucets are less risky in this regard.

#3 Referal spam

Many faucets offer a bonus payment if you refer other users to it. Keep in mind that this board has a strict anti-spam policy. If you create a post for the sole purpose of posting a referral link it will get removed. If your member rank is high enough, you can use a ref link in your signature. If your post is only a reference to your signature its still considered ref spam though. Some cropped quotes from the admin that is going to ban you if you fail to understand this concept:

Do not make topics or replies just to share your referral link. Whether it's in your sig, avatar, personal message, profile, within the post itself, or tattooed on your forehead is irrelevant.

You are allowed to put your refferal link on your signature
So, when you make promotion, ask users to join through refferal link on your signature
And you might want to use link shortener, so every user can't know the refferal link

Any you should know it already when you join this forum

Still referral spam.

If you pay people to register under your ref link it works on games and rounds, also sometimes when people find new promos or giveaways they give their ref link and a non ref link, seems to be allowed aswell.

Still referral spam.

#4 Downloads

Some faucets require you to download a program or app to your computer or phone in order to be eligible for payment. These tools can hide trojan horses or other malware. Your anti virus software might not know about new malware and might fail to protect you in this regard. You can mitigate this risk by using a virtual machine, sandboxing software or even a dedicated machine like an old laptop.

#4.1 Faucet Scripts/Bots

Faucet bots and scripts are closely related to downloads. A faucet script is usually provided by a 3rd party. The idea is that the script or bot solves the tasks for you in order receive payment. Good scripts can solve captchas, have a programable downtime to suggest the user is sleeping and add little variance to the response time. A well written script is indistinguishable from a human to the faucet operator. As with everything you download from a 3rd party, a faucet script or bot may contain malware and may have hidden costs e.g. for the captcha solving API.

#5 Malicious ads aka malvertising

A malvertisement is an ad that is able to infect a machine loading said ad. This is typically not done by the person running the faucet but by the party booking the ad. Depending who you ask this is the most common source of malware and is a general problem for many homepages running ads. You can counter this with an ad blocker, which would at the very least harm the faucet. If the operator is not getting any revenue the faucet is doomed to fail sooner or later. This will most likely disqualify you for payments as well. In terms of faucets an ad blocker is no option. The best defense is to keep your software up to date at all times as malvertising relies on security vulnerabilities in your browser. Advertisements from services are often nested, thus no service is 100% safe. The picture below shows a possible attack on the flash player (SWF) on your computer.

#6 Clickbait

Clickbait is closely related to malvertising. Its an ad that is not using a vulnerability, but your curiosity. Its designed in a way that you want to click it. There are different techniques. Some try to lure you with promises (bitcoin, sex, etc.); some try to scare you with warnings (outdated software, infected system, etc.); some try to imitate the site they are on and many more. They all have in common that you are lead to different site which is either filled with further clickbait and/or malvertising or directly asks you to download something (see #4).

#7 Tracking

There are many ways we are tracked online. That can be cookies storing what products we watched on amazon, that can be single pixel pictures in mails that reveal when we read them, that can be browser fingerprints, that can be the log files on the servers we communicated with and more. You can easily prevent cookies via the browser settings or special plug-ins. You can change you mail client to only display pictures on demand to prevent tracking pixels. Regarding browser fingerprints I suggest you visit the EFF -> https://panopticlick.eff.org . You can however never know what the server owner logs about you. Unless you take measures to prevent it (like Tor) they will e.g. know your IP-address(es) and could link them to the bitcoin address(es) you use. From my personal experience most faucets will not work over Tor. Keep this in mind if you value your privacy.

Local thread rules
#1 No links to faucets, this thread is not for you to adertise your service here.

changelog:
Code:
2015.09.26 - added tracking - thanks to jonasl
2015.05.02 - added "botscripts" under "downloads" - thanks to twister
2015.05.02 - corrected spelling / grammar - thanks to BadBear
2015.05.01 - several rephrasings, corrected spelling / grammar
2015.05.01 - added malvertising picture - thanks to Muhammed Zakir
2015.05.01 - added clickbait - thanks to Muhammed Zakir
2015.05.01 - added malvertising - thanks to Muhammed Zakir
2015.05.01 - added Downloads - thanks to minifrij
2015.05.01 - added a comparison satoshi USD - thanks to Quickseller
2015.05.01 - added referal spam
2015.05.01 - added local rules
2015.05.01 - added fraudulent faucet operators
2015.05.01 - started thread

todo:
Code:
-

Im not really here, its just your imagination.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shorena (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2015, 03:55:52 PM

reserved

marcotheminer
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1049

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 06:35:25 AM

Thanks for taking the time to make this thread. Maybe talk about the (few) benefits of faucets?
sho_road_warrior

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

PMs blocked, send answers to main.

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 08:44:54 AM

Thanks for taking the time to make this thread. Maybe talk about the (few) benefits of faucets?

Are there any besides "free" bitcoin? I mean thats the obvious one, you get some coins for work that can be done by almost everyone. I know some people argue that faucets are a good way to understand bitcoin by using and testing them, but I dont see the point to be honest. My main problem with this benefit is that bitcoin behaves differently at different amounts you have available. I used to grind faucets as well and thought bitcoin had a rather highish fee scheme (see risk #1). I think its better to invest a small amount of your local currency into bitcoin in order to see how it behaves, feels and works with everyday amounts.

If you have any specific benefit in mind I can certainly write a paragraph about it and add it.

┏(-_-)┛┗(-_- )┓┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓
naturelle

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 01:08:48 PM

most stupid OP ever.. nothing but pure speculation, yes because faucets need servers to run on, no you dumb ass you can run it on a $1/month hosting plan

It is however difficult to balance the monthly costs, e.g. for the server. These can only be balanced over a certain amount of users. Whenever a faucet turns unprofitable the operator can easily vanish

OP are you 12?
minifrij
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2015, 01:15:39 PM

most stupid OP ever.. nothing but pure speculation, yes because faucets need servers to run on, no you dumb ass you can run it on a $1/month hosting plan

It is however difficult to balance the monthly costs, e.g. for the server. These can only be balanced over a certain amount of users. Whenever a faucet turns unprofitable the operator can easily vanish

OP are you 12?
I've ran several faucets and GPT sites and helped to make some others. Everything in the OP is true.
Sit down.
shorena (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2015, 01:54:58 PM

OP are you 12?

Feel free to contribute with constructive criticism.

aniko11

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2015, 04:03:23 PM

I have a question about point 3. Many people make faucet lists and rotators and they use their referral links there. They advertise it on this forum. Is it a referral spam? I think it a good way for faucets to get some free advertisement and get more traffic. It is a good way for the owners of new faucets to get many people to visit their sites.

minifrij
Legendary

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2015, 04:07:14 PM

I have a question about point 3. Many people make faucet lists and rotators and they use their referral links there. They advertise it on this forum. Is it a referral spam? I think it a good way for faucets to get some free advertisement and get more traffic. It is a good way for the owners of new faucets to get many people to visit their sites.
I believe that referral spam is only when posting your referral link directly on the forum. If you post your site which contains referral links I doubt it is counted as referral spam.
shorena (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2015, 04:43:01 PM

I believe that referral spam is only when posting your referral link directly on the forum. If you post your site which contains referral links I doubt it is counted as referral spam.

This is my impression as well. Keep in mind though that any low quality posts that are only written to promote a service will also be considered spam. Thus if you go around and create posts to advertise your service you might get banned as well. Its perfectly fine to create a single thread to announce a new service though.

twister

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2015, 05:41:42 PM

Great educational post shorena, it will help newbies keep safe from falling in some traps. I saw some people also providing some bots for faucets and promising hands-free-income but in the end these so called bots are programs which contain malicious codes that can steal a user's sensitive information and/or bitcoins and people should refrain from using these.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.8%-1% House Edge
[/
shorena (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2015, 06:33:41 PM

Great educational post shorena, it will help newbies keep safe from falling in some traps. I saw some people also providing some bots for faucets and promising hands-free-income but in the end these so called bots are programs which contain malicious codes that can steal a user's sensitive information and/or bitcoins and people should refrain from using these.

Thanks, added a few sentences in regards to that.

shulio
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 08:11:05 PM

OP are you 12?

this is an EDU thread which means that it is for education, if you dont wish to be educated for your own good, then you can leave this thread since no one will be forcing you to do what is written here.

OP is not 12, he is a long standing member that has made a lot of good thread for educational purposes such as this one
marcotheminer
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1049

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 02:59:55 PM

OP are you 12?

this is an EDU thread which means that it is for education, if you dont wish to be educated for your own good, then you can leave this thread since no one will be forcing you to do what is written here.

OP is not 12, he is a long standing member that has made a lot of good thread for educational purposes such as this one

He still could be 12.
ACCTseller

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

no longer selling accounts

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 09:10:07 PM

Are there any besides "free" bitcoin? I mean thats the obvious one, you get some coins for work that can be done by almost everyone. I know some people argue that faucets are a good way to understand bitcoin by using and testing them, but I dont see the point to be honest. My main problem with this benefit is that bitcoin behaves differently at different amounts you have available. I used to grind faucets as well and thought bitcoin had a rather highish fee scheme (see risk #1). I think its better to invest a small amount of your local currency into bitcoin in order to see how it behaves, feels and works with everyday amounts.

If you have any specific benefit in mind I can certainly write a paragraph about it and add it.
One "benefit" to using faucets is that if you use some kind of faucet rotator, or other site that lists a large number of faucets, then you are bound to come across a faucet that actually has a good amount of information about bitcoin and how it works. This is somewhat different from someone actually receiving a small amount of bitcoin to get to "play around with" when they receive the "earnings". IMO this is really just a way to get people to click more links (which involve in viewing more ads), however it would be a real benefit IMO.
grosminer

Activity: 718

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 08:03:15 PM

Faucets are EVIL!! Stay away....      Wink
superiorus
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

Bitcoiner since start, and continue to love it!

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2015, 08:45:40 AM

Faucets are trendy and I own one of the best Smiley   ( I dont write this post to advertise my faucet Smiley )

It is not so easy to manage a faucet (I mean a decent one with serious intentions)

There are many things you must set :  website design/script , dedicated server, custom modifications, security, etc.

Also the balance between revenue and payments could be a problem (must test and test to find the right value)

gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1009

Ad maiora!

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 08:51:51 AM

Faucets aren't going to go away, I'm glad someone has taken the initiative to educate about the ins and outs. I've tried them in the past and gave up pretty quick because they pay shit, but I never had any idea about malvertizing so you can always learn something new obviously.
I'm curious though, how much can one make by running a faucet? It's passive income so you could have several going all the time, but if everyone avoids clicking your ads you won't make anything. It would be interesting to see a breakdown by a successful operator, but I doubt it could be very much...

Anyway, just discovered the whole micro-payments child board. A very welcome addition to bitcointalk nice!

EDIT- superiorus posted at the exact same time as me, half answering my question. Can you quote $$$ amounts of your earnings?
shorena (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2015, 08:59:19 AM

Faucets are trendy and I own one of the best Smiley   ( I dont write this post to advertise my faucet Smiley )

It is not so easy to manage a faucet (I mean a decent one with serious intentions)

There are many things you must set :  website design/script , dedicated server, custom modifications, security, etc.

Also the balance between revenue and payments could be a problem (must test and test to find the right value)

Would you be willing to publish an example calculation? E.g. a list of expenses, the profit per user/day or /visit, the (typical) payout. I think an example would greatly improve #2. Maybe even an estimate about the time it takes to take care of the faucet (reloading the wallet, promotion, updates, improvements, etc.)

-snip-
One "benefit" to using faucets is that if you use some kind of faucet rotator, or other site that lists a large number of faucets, then you are bound to come across a faucet that actually has a good amount of information about bitcoin and how it works. This is somewhat different from someone actually receiving a small amount of bitcoin to get to "play around with" when they receive the "earnings". IMO this is really just a way to get people to click more links (which involve in viewing more ads), however it would be a real benefit IMO.

I had some time to think about this, but I still dont get the point tbh. Its not a given that you will find a faucet that will provide good information. I would argue that most faucets tend to focus on games rather than information. Its easier to keep someone entertained with a game than with infobits. I certainly agree that faucets can be an entry point into bitcoin as with more bitcoin in your possession comes more interest in the details and the rest of the bitcoin world.

-snip-
He still could be 12.

I could be, but I dont think my age matters. In fact the way naturelle tried to attack me only shows their immaturity.

gogxmagog
Legendary

Ad maiora!

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 10:29:09 PM

lol I am 12 and what is this?!?!

no, not really...faucets sure seem to make some people mad though. I could care less, if there's money to be made they will continue, which leads me to believe that there must be some money to be made running faucets... Of course, in some parts of the world 5$ a day is actually a sustainable income...not where I live, I just spent 20$ on two coffees and a danish!

Anyways, I look at anyone using faucets the same way I look at someone picking a penny up off the sidewalk. If its worth it to you to do it, be my guest, I've known what its like to be destitute....
SUFY

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

Speedy & Reliable SSD Web Hosting -- Falixr

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2015, 08:54:23 PM

Faucets aren't going to go away, I'm glad someone has taken the initiative to educate about the ins and outs. I've tried them in the past and gave up pretty quick because they pay shit, but I never had any idea about malvertizing so you can always learn something new obviously.
I'm curious though, how much can one make by running a faucet? It's passive income so you could have several going all the time, but if everyone avoids clicking your ads you won't make anything. It would be interesting to see a breakdown by a successful operator, but I doubt it could be very much...

Anyway, just discovered the whole micro-payments child board. A very welcome addition to bitcointalk nice!

EDIT- superiorus posted at the exact same time as me, half answering my question. Can you quote $$$ amounts of your earnings?

Adbit.co shows that MoonBit.co.in makes 0.55 BTC/day from AdBit alone. MoonBit also has ads from a-ads & custom ones, so definitely more than 1 BTC/day. I'd estimate 40-45 BTC gross per month.

asztar7

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 10:24:17 PM

I just started "faucet experiment" last friday. Generally I give away roughly the same amount that I get through ads. But I have to say that only ads that provide good income by now is Adsense. So there is this problem that I cannot striaght move this money back to the faucet. All the bitcoin as systems give not enough money to be worth anything - I actually get more money by posting a few posts on bitcointalk, because of the signature campaign (And I am participating in a really low paying signature campaign - so this is the level of income by now..)
I get around 100 visitors per hour (google analytics) - and this is almost a steady number since 3 days.
I get around 3-7 clicks a day on adsense - I do not use any "tricks", I do not click myself or ask anyone about it.
joele
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 02:14:40 AM

There is always good and bad to everything, faucet is no different.

The good side is faucet build bitcoin businesses and spreading the bitcoin information on the web.

alani123
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1411

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 09:29:57 PM

I was missing for some time but I'm glad to see that this forum was finally created. Big thank you to the staff members that stand behind its creation and moderation. Smiley Now newbies can have a place to look at faucets in peace and the rest of the forum's members can spend their time here without having to experience the clutter faucets were creating.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
gogxmagog
Legendary

Ad maiora!

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 01:20:34 AM

Adbit.co shows that MoonBit.co.in makes 0.55 BTC/day from AdBit alone. MoonBit also has ads from a-ads & custom ones, so definitely more than 1 BTC/day. I'd estimate 40-45 BTC gross per month.

that's incredible! even with all the time and effort spent getting the url out there and building good SEO its still a great payday. I'm still skeptical though. Are the adbit stats honest, do you think? or do they inflate their numbers to get new customers?

I did blogs a few years ago with adsense ads on them, it took a while to get going but I was eventually making really good money, well decent anyways... at first I made next to nothing, but once I got my traffic up I made around 100$ a day, some days much more. my highest payday was 700$. this is all because i was doing things that are not recommended. I stuffed the highest paying keywords into every new post I put up. I had the highest paying keywords written out on a paper and i would write fictional stories based entirely on those keywords. It was several months worth of a story about a guy attending law school... university...he eventually winds up in an experimental medical facility. It was ridiculous but I honestly could fit 3 or 4 high paying keywords into almost every sentence. it works like a charm. those .edu ads can pay a couple of hundred per click if your traffic is good enough.

anyways, when i started making over 5K$ a month google banned me for life. Apparently their advertizes don't like bogus satire blogs that keyword-bomb like crazy. oh well.
asztar7

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 09:07:19 AM

that's incredible! even with all the time and effort spent getting the url out there and building good SEO its still a great payday. I'm still skeptical though. Are the adbit stats honest, do you think? or do they inflate their numbers to get new customers?

I did blogs a few years ago with adsense ads on them, it took a while to get going but I was eventually making really good money, well decent anyways... at first I made next to nothing, but once I got my traffic up I made around 100$ a day, some days much more. my highest payday was 700$. this is all because i was doing things that are not recommended. I stuffed the highest paying keywords into every new post I put up. I had the highest paying keywords written out on a paper and i would write fictional stories based entirely on those keywords. It was several months worth of a story about a guy attending law school... university...he eventually winds up in an experimental medical facility. It was ridiculous but I honestly could fit 3 or 4 high paying keywords into almost every sentence. it works like a charm. those .edu ads can pay a couple of hundred per click if your traffic is good enough.

anyways, when i started making over 5K$ a month google banned me for life. Apparently their advertizes don't like bogus satire blogs that keyword-bomb like crazy. oh well.

that is hilarious! how do you do now? are you using different ad platforms?
RussianRaibow

Activity: 616

I AM A SCAMMER

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2015, 05:51:16 PM

Care to share your URL, even if it does not exist anymore ?

I AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMER
faucetDOT

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2015, 07:33:57 PM

i not long been in the faucet game (5th month), now got 3 faucets running. You could say that stats are hard to beleive on Adbit and various other sites, adblocking must be going on but not yet reviewed it.  With regards Adsense yeah its nothing much to quit your daily job, its hardly anything but still requires me to put a lot up front of money in, I would say on month 3-4 I stopped advertising the sites on adbit etc., but I am just over ROI now including the hosting costs.  It's just a bit of fun.
kotwica666
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1035

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 09:52:46 AM

Faucets are trendy and I own one of the best Smiley   ( I dont write this post to advertise my faucet Smiley )

It is..

testing and testing.. I own few faucets from months and i'm still testing.. It is almost impossible to write some calculations because everyday is different.

Keeping good balance between revenue and claims.. it is very difficult and takes time, mostly for that faucets disappears..

For me, a certain limit is 1000 satoshi. If faucet will give you more per hour (I mean minimum) it may seem suspicious. Not always, but for me this is definitely too much to keep faucet alive.

█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Redones

Activity: 320
Merit: 261

Web developper

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 04:18:29 PM

Faucets are a big scammer stealling our time for teeny satoshi,
thank you for you effort
SUFY

Activity: 156

Speedy & Reliable SSD Web Hosting -- Falixr

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2015, 06:02:53 PM

They could be fake, but who knows? Those sites are really popular and still running with great payout amounts, so they must be making enough to fund the faucet + pocket some $. They did put in a lot of effort and money to get where they are now though, so I'd say they are deserving.

cryptoperu

Activity: 91
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 03:26:29 PM

I think use blakclist MONITOR, i create this proyect, when one site not pay i  add in blacklist!

http://makefreebitco.in/blacklist.php
hunkey600

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 07:52:03 AM

i think a beggar earns more in a day than someone claiming faucet whole day for pennies.

clipman77
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 08:08:11 AM

In order to gain a visit in the first two days, I set the amount of more than 1000 Satoshi, and visits to the site for one day was about 30,000.
hunkey600

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 08:50:51 AM

In order to gain a visit in the first two days, I set the amount of more than 1000 Satoshi, and visits to the site for one day was about 30,000.

so you are one of the sucker creating useless faucets  now i can imagine why there are so many useless faucets.

yvesp110

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 09:13:49 AM

Faucets are trendy and I own one of the best Smiley   ( I dont write this post to advertise my faucet Smiley )

It is..

testing and testing.. I own few faucets from months and i'm still testing.. It is almost impossible to write some calculations because everyday is different.

Keeping good balance between revenue and claims.. it is very difficult and takes time, mostly for that faucets disappears..

For me, a certain limit is 1000 satoshi. If faucet will give you more per hour (I mean minimum) it may seem suspicious. Not always, but for me this is definitely too much to keep faucet alive.

wow am suprised if u own a faucet all u did was shit on faucet owners and try to get free info out of them my faucets pays for themselves no want get rich on them but people like them i put 90% revenue in it  and giving out a bit over 1BTC per month is not low so some people think btc falls from the sky do some mining then u wil see i got my own miners
superiorus
Legendary

Activity: 1358

Bitcoiner since start, and continue to love it!

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2015, 02:16:19 PM
Last edit: June 10, 2015, 07:02:52 AM by superiorus

wow am suprised if u own a faucet all u did was shit on faucet owners and try to get free info out of them my faucets pays for themselves no want get rich on them but people like them i put 90% revenue in it  and giving out a bit over 1BTC per month is not low so some people think btc falls from the sky do some mining then u wil see i got my own miners

only 1 BTC ?

I pay over 5 BTC / month for bitcoinspace.net/freebitcoins

Kprawn
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1073

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 07:08:13 AM

lol I am 12 and what is this?!?!

no, not really...faucets sure seem to make some people mad though. I could care less, if there's money to be made they will continue, which leads me to believe that there must be some money to be made running faucets... Of course, in some parts of the world 5$ a day is actually a sustainable income...not where I live, I just spent 20$ on two coffees and a danish!

Anyways, I look at anyone using faucets the same way I look at someone picking a penny up off the sidewalk. If its worth it to you to do it, be my guest, I've known what its like to be destitute....

We need more people with your kind of attitude. Why do some people have to talk down someone, when they use faucets?

You have a great outlook on this... If they want to host a faucet or use a faucet... just leave them to do it. The fact that you are earning a good income, does not give you the right to talk down on someone else. {By you, I am talking about the people doing this}

There are many people out there, who are using faucets as a extra income to what they doing, not as a only source of income.

I have been toying with them, as a fun experiment. {Using it for cheap adverizing and getting micro income through referrals}

Leave the people to make up their own minds.. Do not force your opinion, based on your situation, down on them..their situation might be worlds away from yours.  Wink

THE FIRST DECENTRALIZED & PLAYER-OWNED CASINO
.EARNBET..EARN BITCOIN: DIVIDENDS
FOR-LIFETIME & MUCH MORE.
. BET WITH: BTCETHEOSLTCBCHWAXXRPBNB
.JOIN US: GITLABTWITTERTELEGRAM
winspiral
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1026

Free WSPU2 Token or real dollars

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2015, 08:20:12 PM

Why do you think ever that a faucet owner want absolutly make profit...
For you if a faucet owner gives more than his income...than you are doubtfull.

Inftrn

Activity: 23

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 04:06:15 AM

if u are a owner maybe have a risk's, depends if is u only profit.
but, never mind jajaja i love cryptocurrency jajaja bitcoin what ever. it's awesome Cheesy
FaucetWorld

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 05:38:31 AM

Why do you think ever that a faucet owner want absolutly make profit...
For you if a faucet owner gives more than his income...than you are doubtfull.

BIG +

Wiki:
"Faucets definitely played a role in the very beginning of Bitcoin. They helped spread Bitcoin and generated a part of the early user basis. Giving out numbers of Bitcoin for free was very common back then, since there was no idea about the value of them yet. That has changed a lot since then, and nowadays faucets usually do not give out more than amounts that are far away from any fiat value. Instead, they encourage the users of the faucets to spread links in order to be rewarded and therefore promote spamming."

Intention was to popularize Bitcoin .. what we have now doesn't look nice.. :/

neochiny

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

Crypto.games

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2015, 02:18:29 PM

nice. you have such knowledge..thanks this thread helps a lot for those faucet users...
because of this they can avoid the faucet that doesnt pay and just scammers of time..

████  ███████  ███
██████████
███      ███████
███      ███████████
██████████████████
████████
███   ████  ███████████
███ ███████████████
█████████
█████████████████
███  ███████
██████████████
███        ████████
███████████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████▀▀     ███     ▀▀██████
████▀   ▄▄█████████▄▄   ▀████
████▄▄▄███▀  ▀█▀  ▀███▄▄▄████
██▀▀▀██▀      ▀      ▀██▀▀▀██
█▀  ▄██               ██▄  ▀█
█   ████▄▄         ▄▄████   █
█▄  ▀██▀             ▀██▀  ▄█
██▄▄▄██▄             ▄██▄▄▄██
████▀▀▀███▄ ▄█ █▄ ▄███▀▀▀████
████▄   ▀▀███▄█████▀▀   ▄████
███████▄     ███     ▄███████
███████████▄▄███▄▄███████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
..PLAY NOW..
███  ███████  ████
██████████
███████      ███
███████████      ███
██████████████████
████████
███████████  ████   ███
███████████████ ███
█████████
█████████████████
███████  ███
██████████████
████████        ███
winspiral
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2015, 02:56:32 PM

nice. you have such knowledge..thanks this thread helps a lot for those faucet users...
because of this they can avoid the faucet that doesnt pay and just scammers of time..

Not so easy like you say:
you cannot know in advance if it is a scam or if you are 100% sure it's a scam you cannot know if the scam process has already started.
take my gfaucets for example:
you cannot know in advance if it's scam or not scam...
I'm laughing out loudly whe i hear people talking about...we cannot know in advance...and in few cases it was just ...delaid payouts or technical problems

lol3c

Activity: 518

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 01:54:51 PM

The faucet world is over-saturated right now, not every faucet that will use the sample template will have profit, it's true that some of them are making loads of money everyday but they get there only by a twist made to their strategy. Considering the low payouts that faucets have, there are still plenty of users that are using them. So faucet's world i don't think will end soon. We'll see.
FaucetWorld

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 02:49:40 AM

The faucet world is over-saturated right now, not every faucet that will use the sample template will have profit, it's true that some of them are making loads of money everyday but they get there only by a twist made to their strategy. Considering the low payouts that faucets have, there are still plenty of users that are using them. So faucet's world i don't think will end soon. We'll see.

I will do everything to FaucetWorld will never die.. Wink
lol3c

Activity: 518

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 02:33:14 PM

Will not in the near future, only the best faucets will survive and make some money out of this Smiley.
FaucetWorld

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 06:19:40 AM

Will not in the near future, only the best faucets will survive and make some money out of this Smiley.

This thread is about education, not speculation.. Anyway you have right - will survive only services with trust and experience.
knowhow

Activity: 560

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 02:15:18 AM

well faucets has others business online has a risk involved on it thats why scamers make several new projects and attract investors then run away,to play and profit with faucet need support and has a good reward,some people just claim satoshis doesnt even click 1ads a week or month,this way the project will fail ,and is wizzard why google that has huge rules and restritions supports faucets ... but well they get more money from it then any other place.
jonasl

Activity: 6

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2015, 11:56:40 AM

There is also the risk of being traced. Since Bitcoin is (kinda) anonymous and you are giving away you'r Bitcoin adress there is a connection between your IP-adress and your Bitcoin adress.
shorena (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2015, 12:17:53 PM

There is also the risk of being traced. Since Bitcoin is (kinda) anonymous and you are giving away you'r Bitcoin adress there is a connection between your IP-adress and your Bitcoin adress.

Thats a good point thanks. Ill write an update soon, but I will probably not be able to cover all ways to defend against tracking.

BTCforJoe

Activity: 882
Merit: 976

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2015, 03:52:00 AM

Intro

#1 Fees and dusty inputs

The most common problem when using faucets is the small payment. Every time you receive a bitcoin payment to your wallet you have a new input to spend at a later date. Think of this like a lump of bitcoin you can use later. When you later want to use these lumps of bitcoin they need space as part of the transaction your wallet creates for you. This is usually 180 bytes per input. A bigger (in terms of byte) transaction will need more fees in order to be confirmed in a reasonable amount of time. Each block offers only a limited amount of space (currently 1 MB) and if you need a big chunk of the space a big chunk of your available funds will be used as fee for the miners. Faucets try to counter this by creating payout limits, but they are often set very small. A reasonable fee for a transaction with less than 1000 byte in size is 10,000 Satoshi. If the payout limit is 100,000 Satoshi and you try to spend this input, you will have to spend 10% on fees. If you want an example how bad this can end, I helped someone recover from this a while back, in numbers:
~0.5 BTC from faucets, collected over ~2 years, ~2000 inputs, ~350,000 bytes, ~0.09 BTC in fees.

I'm very new to Bitcoin, and this... This is a bit confusing. So, in other words, what does it mean if I collect a lot from faucets? Will my wallet be affected negatively after some time?

And faucets are the reason why I found out about Bitcoin. I searched Google for "What is a bitcoin" and one of the top results was a faucet. But yes, it seems as if faucets draw much negative feedback in the btc community. *shrugs* I love the faucets; gives me something to do in my free time while I make some bits. I'm okay with that lol

shorena (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2015, 08:05:37 AM
Last edit: October 03, 2015, 05:39:18 PM by shorena

Intro

#1 Fees and dusty inputs

-snip-

I'm very new to Bitcoin, and this... This is a bit confusing. So, in other words, what does it mean if I collect a lot from faucets? Will my wallet be affected negatively after some time?

Yes, unless you mitigate this somehow. Your bitcoin wallet or service shows you a balance, but bitcoin does not work that way. Its made up of transactions on the blockchain. Every transaction you received in the past can only be used by you, but it also needs space and that space is paid for with the transaction fee. The more transactions you receive the more space you need to spend the balance they created. The more space you need the higher is the fee you have to pay. My best guess currently is that you are fine as long as you keep payouts at ~0.01 btc. Another thing you can do is to use special wallets like xapo that allow transactions from the faucet to your wallet without using the blockchain. They use internal bookkeeping if you will. This will however only work with faucets that also use xapo. Xapo also has a very high for transactions outside of their internal system. Thus if you want to send bitcoin to someone that not uses xapo you have to pay a high fee every time even if you dont have to use many old transactions. This info is outdated, xapo no longer charges any fee no matter if you send to another wallet. Thanks winspiral.

And faucets are the reason why I found out about Bitcoin. I searched Google for "What is a bitcoin" and one of the top results was a faucet. But yes, it seems as if faucets draw much negative feedback in the btc community. *shrugs* I love the faucets; gives me something to do in my free time while I make some bits. I'm okay with that lol

I started out with faucets as well, I think most have. As long as you are aware of the downsides there is nothing that speaks against faucets. Its an easy way to test this magic internet money. While bitcoin is somewhat easy to use (not grandma easy, yet) it is very complex in its details. Which result in the above effects that a transaction for 1 BTC from a single old transaction is less expensive (~10k satoshi fee) than a transaction for 1 BTC from 100 old transactions for 0.01 BTC each (~180k-200k satoshi fee).

BTCforJoe

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2015, 02:18:21 PM

Yes, unless you mitigate this somehow. Your bitcoin wallet or service shows you a balance, but bitcoin does not work that way. Its made up of transactions on the blockchain. Every transaction you received in the past can only be used by you, but it also needs space and that space is paid for with the transaction fee. The more transactions you receive the more space you need to spend the balance they created. The more space you need the higher is the fee you have to pay. My best guess currently is that you are fine as long as you keep payouts at ~0.01 btc. Another thing you can do is to use special wallets like xapo that allow transactions from the faucet to your wallet without using the blockchain. They use internal bookkeeping if you will. This will however only work with faucets that also use xapo. Xapo also has a very high for transactions outside of their internal system. Thus if you want to send bitcoin to someone that not uses xapo you have to pay a high fee every time even if you dont have to use many old transactions.

Oh wow, thanks so much for all this information! I think I will reserve my Blockchain wallet for larger transactions, while I use my Xapo for these faucets and micropayment caches.

Thanks much for your help!

winspiral
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2015, 04:48:40 PM

Yes, unless you mitigate this somehow. Your bitcoin wallet or service shows you a balance, but bitcoin does not work that way. Its made up of transactions on the blockchain. Every transaction you received in the past can only be used by you, but it also needs space and that space is paid for with the transaction fee. The more transactions you receive the more space you need to spend the balance they created. The more space you need the higher is the fee you have to pay. My best guess currently is that you are fine as long as you keep payouts at ~0.01 btc. Another thing you can do is to use special wallets like xapo that allow transactions from the faucet to your wallet without using the blockchain. They use internal bookkeeping if you will. This will however only work with faucets that also use xapo. Xapo also has a very high for transactions outside of their internal system. Thus if you want to send bitcoin to someone that not uses xapo you have to pay a high fee every time even if you dont have to use many old transactions.

Oh wow, thanks so much for all this information! I think I will reserve my Blockchain wallet for larger transactions, while I use my Xapo for these faucets and micropayment caches.

This will however only work with faucets that also use xapo. Xapo also has a very high for transactions outside of their internal system. Thus if you want to send bitcoin to someone that not uses xapo you have to pay a high fee every time even if you dont have to use many old transactions.

Do I have fees if I send satoshi from my xapo wallet to a non-xapo wallet?

shorena (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2015, 05:30:11 PM

This will however only work with faucets that also use xapo. Xapo also has a very high for transactions outside of their internal system. Thus if you want to send bitcoin to someone that not uses xapo you have to pay a high fee every time even if you dont have to use many old transactions.

Do I have fees if I send satoshi from my xapo wallet to a non-xapo wallet?

Yes, xapo to xapo is free, but if you transfer from xapo to non-xapo you pay extra, 5 times normal fee IIRC.

winspiral
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2015, 05:33:31 PM

Yes, xapo to xapo is free, but if you transfer from xapo to non-xapo you pay extra, 5 times normal fee IIRC.

I have never noticed this fees...
where can I see them?

How much does it cost to send bitcoin?

Xapo has eliminated all transaction fees for transactions between two bitcoin addresses.

Previously, anytime a user sent bitcoins to someone who did not have a Xapo account, the user was charged a small fee by the bitcoin network to send your bitcoins. These fees serve as both a reward and incentive to the people who operate the bitcoin network. Now, anytime a user sends bitcoins to another bitcoin address, Xapo will pay these fees and you will not be charged to send payments to other users.

Please note that fees will still apply for other types of transactions, such as buying bitcoins or using the Xapo Debit Card, as described in more detail in our Terms of Use but there will no longer be network transaction fees for sending funds between bitcoin addresses.

shorena (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2015, 05:36:35 PM

I have never noticed this fees...
where can I see them?

Nevermind, its old info.

Xapo has eliminated all transaction fees for transactions between two bitcoin addresses.

Previously, anytime a user sent bitcoins to someone who did not have a Xapo account, the user was charged a small fee by the bitcoin network to send your bitcoins. These fees serve as both a reward and incentive to the people who operate the bitcoin network. Now, anytime a user sends bitcoins to another bitcoin address, Xapo will pay these fees and you will not be charged to send payments to other users.

Source: https://support.xapo.com/how-much-does-it-cost-to-send-bitcoin

thebonenz

Activity: 70

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 08:07:41 AM

Thanks for this it really helped!

Newbie hobby miner who just picked up an S4!
BigFaucet

Activity: 28

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 01:17:08 PM

By the way Xapo is very complicated microtransaction service. My opinion is use more reliable services like faucetbox and quantity of faucets with Xapo wallets is not so big. In other case you can visits faucets only with direct wallet -> to wallet transactions WITHOUT and aggregator services, but there is could be little fee(far not always).
Sir_lagsalot

Activity: 392
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 01:36:42 AM

How can I know which admin pinned this thread?
shorena (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2015, 08:51:34 AM

How can I know which admin pinned this thread?

BadBear did. They asked for a thread like this when this section was created. I wrote it, they checked it and made it stick to the top.

BitBustah

Activity: 1218
Merit: 534

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 07:18:54 PM

Wow guys, so much negativity on faucets.

I too think there are a lot of scammers. I just want you to give me 2 cents (as a faucet owner). Firstly, I'm not in it for the money. At this time I invested about 50 eur into my faucet (hosting for 6 months, domain name for a year, satoshi to hand out). Web development has always been a hobby of mine. It would be nice to earn some pocket change eventually. If the money runs out before I break even, I'll just close the site and I'll try something else.

It's not easy earning some money as a faucet owner. I'm not even close to breaking even. My AdSense application was rejected. I keep wondering how other faucet owners do it. They beg users to click the ads (which NO advertising business allows). Talking about scamming.. I guess those faucet owners are scamming Google.

Bee-ads brings in little money. Anonymous ads was bringing in NO money. My Mellowads application was rejected. No idea why, I see loads of crummy sites with Mellowads. I'll never deal with Mellowads again.

At this moment I'm trying popunders. It's a bit of an annoying form of advertising, but I guess I'm trying everything.

To those who are convinced that making, running and maintaining a profitable faucet is an easy thing to do: Well, what stops you from starting one?

I'm open to all questions or suggestions. Please try to keep it civilised. There's already too much pain and anger in the world. Smiley
shorena (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2015, 09:01:12 PM

-snip-

Well the thread is mainly about the risks, not about the benefits. Maybe thats why it comes off negative. Its always good to hear from someone that actually ran a faucet.

BitBustah

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 06:40:08 AM

-snip-

Maybe thats why it comes off negative.

I guess so. I forgot to thank the TS for his help and warnings. Thanks TS. Smiley
defaultking

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2015, 10:17:39 PM

Thank you for posting this. I get so tired on forums when people ask questions looking for answers (like why are faucets bad) and 99.99% of the posts are just like because they are ok. Which is no help what so ever. Very informative and well thought out with good examples. Thanks OP for taking the time to post this. You answered a lot of my questions.
knowhow

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 11:36:45 AM

Well those information is a good advice to who use faucets ,that must know they can be infected by malicious software.
BitBustah

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 02:08:24 PM

Well those information is a good advice to who use faucets ,that must know they can be infected by malicious software.

Shouldn't we all take proper precautions (anti-virus, firewall, ...) these days? It's a common sense that people should protect themselves (for whatever kind of websites they visit).
knowhow

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 06:56:28 PM

Yes but some antivirus just dont are able to find all the virus that may affect your computer soo the malicious ads may affect your computer and you cant do nothing against it.
hoop
Legendary

Activity: 1523
Merit: 1001

NOBT - WNOBT your saving bank◕◡◕

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2015, 07:50:22 PM
Last edit: December 15, 2015, 08:28:57 AM by hoop

Agree with all you mentioned above. till now I couldn't found  right value for balance between revenue and payments.

██████████  ██████████▄▄
         █████████████  ██████████████▄▄
   ▄███  █████▄                  ▀▀███████▄
  ██████   ▀█████▄          ████     ▀▀█████
 █████        ▀█████▄       ████        █████
 ████            ▀████      ████         ████
 ████         ██▄   ▀█  ██▄ ████         ████
 ████▌        █████▄    ████████        ▐████
 ▐████        ████████    ▀█████        ████▌
  █████       ████ ▀██  █▄   ▀██       █████
   █████      ████      ████▄         █████
    █████▄    ████       ▀█████▄    ▄█████
     ▀█████▄  ████          ▀█████▄   ██▀
       ▀█████▄                 ▀█████
         ▀██████▄▄          ▄▄██████▀
            ▀▀████████  ████████▀▀
                ▀▀████  ████▀▀
Take care of your financial privacy
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
A blockchain loyalty scheme and more
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

███████████████
███          ██████████████████
████████████████████████████████
███                          ███
███             ██           ███
███       ██   ██   ██       ███
███      ██    ██    ██      ███
███       ██  ██    ██       ███
████████████████████████████████

████    ████
       █████████ ████████

████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████
██████████████████ ███████████
██████████████████ ██    █████
██████████████████ ███████████
██████████████████
█████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████

▄█████▄
      ▄█████████
     ████    ███▌
    ███       ██▌
   ▐██ ███  ████
   ▄███████████
  ███████████▀
 ████  ███ ██▌
▐██       ███
▐███    ████
 █████████▀
  ▀█████▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
ANN         Discord
Twitter    Telegram
Nobt-plataform
FaucetRank.com

Activity: 868

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2015, 03:55:06 PM

-snip-

Well the thread is mainly about the risks, not about the benefits. Maybe thats why it comes off negative. Its always good to hear from someone that actually ran a faucet.

The benefit is only one that user get free fraction of bit coin.
A quick way to get free bit coins without dealing with bit coin exchanges and buying from own pocket .

████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  .SCAMMERS.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  .EXPOSED.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
InfinityDaniel

Activity: 18

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2015, 02:09:56 AM

Thanks for the informative post! But not all faucets are bad.  Smiley
shorena (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2015, 04:18:42 PM

Thanks for the informative post! But not all faucets are bad.  Smiley

No, certainly not. Just take care, some are.

Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2015, 10:07:01 PM

Thanks for this thread. I started to look at faucets to see if they were useful ways to drivre traffic to other sites. I think that the returns are so small, that driving faucet visitors to other sites will just be burning server bandwidth.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
capcher

Activity: 224

This user is currently ignored.

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 07:04:04 PM

Not exactly a risk to the faucet user per se, but as you can see from this thread, Google/Adsense doesn't exactly like faucet sites so there's always a risk of faucets getting banned by them. Without Adsense, the faucets pay out less and sometimes can even dry up altogether. The ecosystem can be pretty fragile.
FaucetRank.com

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2016, 05:40:26 PM

Not exactly a risk to the faucet user per se, but as you can see from this thread, Google/Adsense doesn't exactly like faucet sites so there's always a risk of faucets getting banned by them. Without Adsense, the faucets pay out less and sometimes can even dry up altogether. The ecosystem can be pretty fragile.

You're right it's a risk but most faucet owner do not follow rules that's why they get ban.

████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  .SCAMMERS.
  .EXPOSED.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
bitbollo
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 3477

Nec Recisa Recedit

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 08:11:05 PM

there are some faucet that pay good but withdraw is too high... and before you get money they close the site!

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Master_dandosha

Activity: 714

IF YOU Enjoy Trade with ME ..PUT Feedback Please

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 01:43:24 PM

The only faucet i tried many times is freebitco.in but the pay you a little for high-end hard work for a whole week while they gain more money from ads so i decided to forget all about faucets and to find another profitable good job in exchange to BTC.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
FaucetRank.com

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2016, 05:25:24 PM

The only faucet i tried many times is freebitco.in but the pay you a little for high-end hard work for a whole week while they gain more money from ads so i decided to forget all about faucets and to find another profitable good job in exchange to BTC.
Faucet can't give you big money . faucet only give you taste of bit coin to get start with it.

you can try bit coin trading .

████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  .SCAMMERS.
  .EXPOSED.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
LaStOpTi0N

Activity: 112

★★SatoshiCollector.co.uk★★

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 01:50:04 PM

there are some faucet that pay good but withdraw is too high... and before you get money they close the site!

That's a cheap trick to get traffic and save money mostly that type of faucet owner use free domain like .TK
SparkyU

Activity: 784
Merit: 506

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 01:21:22 AM

#3 Referal spam

Many faucets offer a bonus payment if you refer other users to it. Keep in mind that this board has a strict anti-spam policy. If you create a post for the sole purpose of posting a referral link it will get removed. If your member rank is high enough, you can use a ref link in your signature. If your post is only a reference to your signature its still considered ref spam though. Some cropped quotes from the admin that is going to ban you if you fail to understand this concept:

Do not make topics or replies just to share your referral link. Whether it's in your sig, avatar, personal message, profile, within the post itself, or tattooed on your forehead is irrelevant.

So, when you make promotion, ask users to join through refferal link on your signature
And you might want to use link shortener, so every user can't know the refferal link

Still referral spam.

If you pay people to register under your ref link it works on games and rounds, also sometimes when people find new promos or giveaways they give their ref link and a non ref link, seems to be allowed aswell.

Still referral spam.

If this is true then why are all the faucet rotator posts allowed on this Microearnings subforum and not deleted?  Half this forum is just people constantly making new threads about their rotator which is just essentially a different why of them trying to get referrals.  They're not discovering anything new, everyone has the same faucets they're trying to get refs to.
tjox

Activity: 13

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 11:11:00 AM

It looks that the only way to make decent income on faucets is by referrals. As long as you can build a large network of referrals faucets are good passive income generator. 
capcher

Activity: 224

This user is currently ignored.

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 11:52:44 AM
Last edit: February 09, 2016, 12:03:55 PM by capcher

If this is true then why are all the faucet rotator posts allowed on this Microearnings subforum and not deleted?  Half this forum is just people constantly making new threads about their rotator which is just essentially a different why of them trying to get referrals.  They're not discovering anything new, everyone has the same faucets they're trying to get refs to.

Well yeah, that's a pretty big loophole since only explicit referral links are forbidden. Not just rotators but also faucet lists. And a lot of them post on faucet threads to promote their list/rotator.

Not sure if these count or not, but I came across a faucet site with fake buttons

Fake recaptcha button (courtesy of bee-ads.com)

Fake claim button (courtesy of adbit.co)

mavenraven

Activity: 197

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 07:33:26 PM

Not sure if these count or not, but I came across a faucet site with fake buttons

Fake recaptcha button (courtesy of bee-ads.com)

Fake claim button (courtesy of adbit.co)

I don't know the right term for it, but I call it "ad mimicry". you can see it all around internet, not only faucet sites.

torrent tracker? expect ads that say "download torrent", magnet icons, etc.

software website? expect ads that say "download".

faucet? ads that look like wallet address fields, captchas, claim buttons.

just desperate click bait, but I know many people fall for that. (especially when the real download/claim link is very small)
JasonXG

Activity: 770

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 08:38:30 PM

Faucets don't seem that profitable to me, maybe you should not give up too quickly ? I guess if you try hard enough ?
NeilLostBitCoin

Merit: 303

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2016, 02:25:24 AM

REFERRALS is the key here. Trust me.  Wink
BTCforJoe

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2016, 05:32:10 AM

I definitely trust you Cheesy

Now imagine this across a network of faucets. Smiley NeilLostBitcoin is absolutely correct; referrals is where it's at!

KnightTrader

Activity: 288

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 05:29:05 PM

Referring people to faucet is big risk yes, next moment faucet maybe dont exist or dont pay anymore. Happened many times.
wdnj

Activity: 762

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 04:40:59 PM

Referring people to faucet is big risk yes, next moment faucet maybe dont exist or dont pay anymore. Happened many times.
Every thing in live are risky,so no risk no earn.
NeilLostBitCoin

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2016, 08:27:19 AM

That's their new style now, first they will make the claim higher like up to 5000 satoshis per 10 minutes, after that if more users registered to their faucet, they will decrease it like up to 1000 satoshis per 10 minutes. They will also ban users that is more active and the reason will be "Your account has been banned Reason of ban: Multiaccounts from same IP. One of most strict rule of this faucet is to use only 1 acc per ip." even though you are not using multi accounts. :3 They will just let you refresh their website over and over again to earn more using their Advertisements, and in the end, they will not pay you.
smashbtc

Activity: 308

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 08:45:27 AM

Now imagine this across a network of faucets. Smiley NeilLostBitcoin is absolutely correct; referrals is where it's at!

You're earnings are too small. With over 1,900 referrals, you got over 100k satoshi only?

THE ONE STOP SOLUTION FOR THE CRYPTO WORLD
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Facebook   /  Twitter   /  Reddit   /  Medium   /  Youtube   /
      ▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄█████████████████▄
  █████▀▀  ███  ▀▀█████
 ████     █████     ████
████     ███████
███▀    ████ ████
███▄   ████   ████
████  ████▄▄▄▄▄████  ████
 ███████████████████████
  █████▄▄       ▄▄█████
   ▀█████████████████▀
      ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀                       ▀█▄
▄▄▄▄ ▄█                           █▄ ▄▄▄▄
█   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   █
▀▀█▀                                 ▀█▀▀
▄▀                                     ▀▄
▄▄▀▄▄▄▄                                 ▄▄▄▄▀▄▄
█       ▀▀▄                           ▄▀▀       █
█          █                         █          █
█▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█
▒▀▄       ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██       ▄▀▒
▒█▀▀▀▀▄▄  █              ▀              █  ▄▄▀▀▀▀█▒
▒█      █ ▀▄                           ▄▀ █      █▒
▒▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▀  █▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█  ▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▒
▒▒▒▀▄▄▄▄▄ █                             █ ▄▄▄▄▄▀▒▒▒
 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
NeilLostBitCoin

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2016, 08:55:12 AM

You're earnings are too small. With over 1,900 referrals, you got over 100k satoshi only?
Lol, I'm confused about your earnings. How many days did those referrals went up?
BTCforJoe

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2016, 08:43:18 AM

Lol, I'm confused about your earnings. How many days did those referrals went up?

This was taken after a week of joining that site

NeilLostBitCoin

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2016, 10:04:46 AM

This was taken after a week of joining that site
You're too good when it comes to referral program, keep it up. Smiley But how will you make sure that the faucet operator is not a fraud?
larryofbtc

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 02:18:21 PM

Thank you very much for writing this thread... very informative
novicebtc

Activity: 22

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 02:57:23 PM

Intro

Today (01.05.2015) this section was created due to the strain this topic caused in other sections.

The purpose of this thread is to offer guidance when using the services in this section and understanding the downsides and risks involved. They are known by a variety of different names, but to make things easier I will just call them faucets. The shared principle is that you visit a homepage filled with advertisements and perform small tasks. That may be solving a captcha, answering a question, watching a short video or filling out a questionnaire. For these small tasks you get a very small rewards, typically a few hundred or thousand satoshi at a time. 1000 Satoshi equal roughly 0.3 cent USD (Nov 2015). Those running the service get their money from the advertisements shown to you. There are certainly other concepts and other profit strategies, but it would be too much for this thread to discuss them all.

This thread will be updated as needed, feel free to suggest things to add, corrections and discuss possible issues here.

Risks involved

#1 Fees and dusty inputs

#2 Fraudulent faucet operators

Faucets operate on a very slim profit margin. Its easy to balance the rewards with the income from the ads, this can be done on a per user basis. If one can expect 750 Satoshi for someone viewing all ads, one can safely reward 700 Satoshi and still make a profit. It is however difficult to balance the monthly costs, e.g. for the server. These can only be balanced over a certain amount of users. Whenever a faucet turns unprofitable the operator can easily vanish. Thus its desirable to withdraw early which might increase problem #1. As a rule of thumb popular faucets are less risky in this regard.

#3 Referal spam

Still referral spam.

Still referral spam.

#4 Downloads

Some faucets require you to download a program or app to your computer or phone in order to be eligible for payment. These tools can hide trojan horses or other malware. Your anti virus software might not know about new malware and might fail to protect you in this regard. You can mitigate this risk by using a virtual machine, sandboxing software or even a dedicated machine like an old laptop.

#4.1 Faucet Scripts/Bots

Faucet bots and scripts are closely related to downloads. A faucet script is usually provided by a 3rd party. The idea is that the script or bot solves the tasks for you in order receive payment. Good scripts can solve captchas, have a programable downtime to suggest the user is sleeping and add little variance to the response time. A well written script is indistinguishable from a human to the faucet operator. As with everything you download from a 3rd party, a faucet script or bot may contain malware and may have hidden costs e.g. for the captcha solving API.

#5 Malicious ads aka malvertising

A malvertisement is an ad that is able to infect a machine loading said ad. This is typically not done by the person running the faucet but by the party booking the ad. Depending who you ask this is the most common source of malware and is a general problem for many homepages running ads. You can counter this with an ad blocker, which would at the very least harm the faucet. If the operator is not getting any revenue the faucet is doomed to fail sooner or later. This will most likely disqualify you for payments as well. In terms of faucets an ad blocker is no option. The best defense is to keep your software up to date at all times as malvertising relies on security vulnerabilities in your browser. Advertisements from services are often nested, thus no service is 100% safe. The picture below shows a possible attack on the flash player (SWF) on your computer.

https://blog.malwarebytes.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/overview.png

#6 Clickbait

Clickbait is closely related to malvertising. Its an ad that is not using a vulnerability, but your curiosity. Its designed in a way that you want to click it. There are different techniques. Some try to lure you with promises (bitcoin, sex, etc.); some try to scare you with warnings (outdated software, infected system, etc.); some try to imitate the site they are on and many more. They all have in common that you are lead to different site which is either filled with further clickbait and/or malvertising or directly asks you to download something (see #4).

#7 Tracking

There are many ways we are tracked online. That can be cookies storing what products we watched on amazon, that can be single pixel pictures in mails that reveal when we read them, that can be browser fingerprints, that can be the log files on the servers we communicated with and more. You can easily prevent cookies via the browser settings or special plug-ins. You can change you mail client to only display pictures on demand to prevent tracking pixels. Regarding browser fingerprints I suggest you visit the EFF -> https://panopticlick.eff.org . You can however never know what the server owner logs about you. Unless you take measures to prevent it (like Tor) they will e.g. know your IP-address(es) and could link them to the bitcoin address(es) you use. From my personal experience most faucets will not work over Tor. Keep this in mind if you value your privacy.

Local thread rules
#1 No links to faucets, this thread is not for you to adertise your service here.

changelog:
Code:
2015.09.26 - added tracking - thanks to jonasl
2015.05.02 - added "botscripts" under "downloads" - thanks to twister
2015.05.02 - corrected spelling / grammar - thanks to BadBear
2015.05.01 - several rephrasings, corrected spelling / grammar
2015.05.01 - added malvertising picture - thanks to Muhammed Zakir
2015.05.01 - added clickbait - thanks to Muhammed Zakir
2015.05.01 - added malvertising - thanks to Muhammed Zakir
2015.05.01 - added Downloads - thanks to minifrij
2015.05.01 - added a comparison satoshi USD - thanks to Quickseller
2015.05.01 - added referal spam
2015.05.01 - added local rules
2015.05.01 - added fraudulent faucet operators
2015.05.01 - started thread

todo:
Code:
-

To be honest the people here who like faucets and preferred to do nano tasks for nano income they are impossible to be understood by me ... in my oppinion they are wasting the time

I was asking in another topic about serious income and few users started to redirect me to those website with nano income ... I do not know what to say but here all are all kids and they are prefering to earn less than nothing or is something wrong with me ....

Pls guys do a Fiverr with bitcoins payments I found something like fiverr but it does not have enought jobs only few and less than 100 users ready to work including me  Smiley

I want to work and earn bitcoins not to click for the mouse and to get peanuts
BTCforJoe

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2016, 09:21:32 PM

To be honest the people here who like faucets and preferred to do nano tasks for nano income they are impossible to be understood by me ... in my oppinion they are wasting the time

I was asking in another topic about serious income and few users started to redirect me to those website with nano income ... I do not know what to say but here all are all kids and they are prefering to earn less than nothing or is something wrong with me ....

Pls guys do a Fiverr with bitcoins payments I found something like fiverr but it does not have enought jobs only few and less than 100 users ready to work including me  Smiley

To be honest, I make well over 0.1BTC/month from these faucets and "nano tasks" with my current referrals. In a month from now, those earnings will be 0.2BTC. In 3 months, it will be 0.25BTC. In 6 months time, I should be making at least 0.5BTC/month just from these faucet sites. And the best part? I barely have to visit them and make the claims myself.

If you know what you're doing, you can make quite some money doing it. Smiley

novicebtc

Activity: 22

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 10:50:31 PM

To be honest, I make well over 0.1BTC/month from these faucets and "nano tasks" with my current referrals. In a month from now, those earnings will be 0.2BTC. In 3 months, it will be 0.25BTC. In 6 months time, I should be making at least 0.5BTC/month just from these faucet sites. And the best part? I barely have to visit them and make the claims myself.

If you know what you're doing, you can make quite some money doing it. Smiley

I am looking for something to make 0.25-0.50 BTC/day not per Month and not to click like a donkey 6 months to get results ... I know to do things in my field, to click you need only to be alive unfortunately and how "big is the effort" same "big is the income", I do not like lazy jobs   
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
May 15, 2016, 03:18:25 AM

Faucet only good if you are using free internet and power and computer.
I'm paying $10 dollars a month for my internet now just going to faucets would earn me $20 a month if I put all my time for them.
So $10 dollars a month without power bill hardware usage and most important thing my time, how could it even be considered by anyone?
Just put $100 dollars in best cloud mining site(one that is not scam) and you can earn those faucets earnings without all the work and clicks and stuff. I strongly recommend everyone just take a moment and think about it before filling faucet admins pockets.

Of course if by any chance any faucet gives 5000 satoshi every 10 minutes and lets you withdraw when reaching 20,000 satoshi, tell me.
Otherwise they just make you go and click and when their site achieve a certain rank and traffic in short amount of time, google pays them.
So what they do is to repeat the process over and over making lots of money and either give 10% of that money to users(the ones doing the work) and keep 90% for themselves or just not paying at all what so ever.
When ever you found any faucet to give 90% of income to users, let me know. yes 90% because admin is doing nothing and over time numbers of users would grow high enough to make every one happy. but no people are greedy or just plain thieves and scammers.
Every one is looking for a way to fu** others by any means.

🖤😏
JungleOnion

Merit: 279

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2016, 03:11:08 AM

I'll stay away from faucet and will take my precautions if decide to try any.
Youresioure

Activity: 162

Reich mir die Hand

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2016, 07:56:14 PM

Very beginner friendly and throughout tutorial! Thank you for educating us Smiley

I'll stay away from faucet and will take my precautions if decide to try any.

Another risk related faucets is due to the amount of inexperienced users. Attackers know this and for instance, a malicious script writer could hide one or more malicious lines in his script and get the user, who doesn't know that scripting language or just tired and doesn't recognize the threat, run it telling "It's the source code, you can see it LOOKS completely safe"...
shahab

Activity: 34

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2016, 11:10:06 AM

Hello guys
i have a question and sorry if there isn't right place!

is this a bot with same browser ?!

http://www.mitraassist.ir/dl/147290128153860.png

thanks for reply
trannamtan

Activity: 812

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 02:18:19 AM

hi all ,
there are so many scams faucet does not pay !
  Payment limit is high  Huh Huh Huh
and also the faucets help you earn more money
through referral  Cool Cool Cool
morantis

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 04:03:20 PM

I was just answering another thread about scamming through a faucet, well, kinda.  It is not something that I see making enough quick cash to really use as a scam.  The best money is through referrals and that is pretty low.  The only true scam I came up with was to feed your own addresses in.  This would actually be a bitch if using some micro payment site like faucetbox.

This is the only way I see to scam, making enough money to make it worth it.

1. Generate a bunch of addresses for your wallet and load them in a file.

2. Find another sites faucet and load that faucet within your own site.  Something like an iFrame, but with a little more scripted flare.

3. This is the fun part.  You would literally need your own micro payment script, like faucetbox and then have to CSS it just like theirs, a nearly complete clone or you would have to capture and parse the faucetbox data as it is accessed and alter the data and redisplay.

4. So, when I hit your faucet, enter my address, then an address from the scammers list is substituted.  The third party faucet pays my address and if someone hits the faucetbox link, then the scammer has to show the cloned version of faucetbox, with the users address or grab faucetbox and replace the address shown there, but with real data from the address from the scammer. 

This is still action packed with issues, but is the only true way to make the kind of money that a scammer is looking for, as I see it.
minifrij
Legendary

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2016, 04:59:03 PM

snip
No, it's a lot simpler than that. You can just make a faucet with a threshold, then just have it never pay out. You profit from advertising and give the user nothing in return.
morantis

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 05:07:14 PM

snip
No, it's a lot simpler than that. You can just make a faucet with a threshold, then just have it never pay out. You profit from advertising and give the user nothing in return.

I mean, you are right, what I am saying is that these methods do not seem to meet the requirements of payouts that I see a lot of scams desire.  That method pretty much generates the normal level of revenue that a faucet would bring.  And that is pretty low.  You still are only getting the ad revenue, and you have cut out the expense of paying people, but most scams are looking for something in the 1 BTC per week level or more and then bail.  Think about the Ponzi doublers that can take down 1-10 BTC in less than a day or two.
minifrij
Legendary

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2016, 11:14:51 PM

I mean, you are right, what I am saying is that these methods do not seem to meet the requirements of payouts that I see a lot of scams desire.  That method pretty much generates the normal level of revenue that a faucet would bring.  And that is pretty low.  You still are only getting the ad revenue, and you have cut out the expense of paying people, but most scams are looking for something in the 1 BTC per week level or more and then bail.  Think about the Ponzi doublers that can take down 1-10 BTC in less than a day or two.
The point would be that you didn't pay people, so there would be no expense there. While I do agree that doing that wouldn't bring much revenue, trying to scam through any sort of faucet would give very low returns unless it was already established. I don't believe anyone would go to such lengths to try and make money from a scam faucet, since there are much profitable ways of stealing.
jackchun

Activity: 332

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2016, 10:52:51 AM

Thanks for the idea! I think I should use facuetbox to carry the bitcoin earning to a larger amount and cash out to my wallet to lower the proportion of the processing fees!

Bitcoingiver

Activity: 126

Get paid $500 to $1500+ per week

View Profile
October 29, 2016, 07:55:18 AM

Faucets are a very good way to earn money online and Bitcoin precisely, but for that to be achieved you need to use invest money, your time and your knowledge.

The best sports prediction app. King  Sports Tips. http://bit.ly/2TXg9JY
BTCforJoe

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2016, 05:29:22 PM

Faucets are a very good way to earn money online and Bitcoin precisely, but for that to be achieved you need to use invest money, your time and your knowledge.

Not necessarily true... In my prime of referring and promoting paying faucets, I was bringing in close to 0.5BTC per month from referrals. It's not easy work, and does take a lot of time and dedication, but it's definitely possible to earn Bitcoin without having to invest real money. Time and knowledge, yes, but it's not easy for everyone to do what I've done with the referrals.

anonbit992

Activity: 378
Merit: 251

A Trader & An Investor

View Profile
November 03, 2016, 08:43:03 AM

I'm paying $10 dollars a month for my internet now just going to faucets would earn me $20 a month if I put all my time for them.
So $10 dollars a month without power bill hardware usage and most important thing my time, how could it even be considered by anyone?
Just put $100 dollars in best cloud mining site(one that is not scam) and you can earn those faucets earnings without all the work and clicks and stuff. I strongly recommend everyone just take a moment and think about it before filling faucet admins pockets.

Of course if by any chance any faucet gives 5000 satoshi every 10 minutes and lets you withdraw when reaching 20,000 satoshi, tell me.
Otherwise they just make you go and click and when their site achieve a certain rank and traffic in short amount of time, google pays them.
So what they do is to repeat the process over and over making lots of money and either give 10% of that money to users(the ones doing the work) and keep 90% for themselves or just not paying at all what so ever.
When ever you found any faucet to give 90% of income to users, let me know. yes 90% because admin is doing nothing and over time numbers of users would grow high enough to make every one happy. but no people are greedy or just plain thieves and scammers.

I agree with you. All faucets are created to take advantage of new people in the crypto currency world. This is especially true in the case of bitcoin faucets. Nobody can make money with it other than the admin and perhaps the users with large number of referrers.

People always tried to take advantage of other people who are not well informed. If you look at the way businesses all around the world is working, you will find the same issue. It's all about the money...

██
                           ██████
                         █████████
                      █████████████
                    █████████████████
                      █████████████████
                       █████████████████
              ███        █████████████████
            ██████        █████████████████
          ██████████        █████████████████
       ██████████████        █████████████████
      █████████████████        █████████████████
       █████████████████        ████████████████
        █████████████████        █████████████
          █████████████████        █████████
           █████████████████        ██████
             █████████████████        ██
              █████████████████       
                █████████████████       
                 █████████████████       
                   █████████████████       
                    █████████████████       
                      █████████████████       
                       █████████████████       
                         █████████████████       
               ███        █████████████████
             ██████         █████████████████
           ██████████        █████████████████
         █████████████         █████████████████
          █████████████████        ███████████████
            █████████████████        ███████████
             █████████████████        ███████
               █████████████████        ███
                █████████████████
                  ████████████████
                   █████████████████
                     █████████████
                      ██████████
                        ██████
                         ██

●●  VISUAL STRATEGY BUILDER  ●● BOUNTY | ANN | WHITEPAPER 
●●  FOR CRYPTOTRADING  ●●●●●●●● TELEGRAM | FACEBOOK | TWITTER 
         ALGORITHMIC TRADING | STRATEGY OPTIMIZATION | COPY TRADING
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 25, 2016, 09:04:23 PM

I agree with you. All faucets are created to take advantage of new people in the crypto currency world. This is especially true in the case of bitcoin faucets. Nobody can make money with it other than the admin and perhaps the users with large number of referrers.

People always tried to take advantage of other people who are not well informed. If you look at the way businesses all around the world is working, you will find the same issue. It's all about the money...

Take advantage of new people in the Crypto-Currency world? Lol, there is no lies and illusions on faucets. You know exactly the amount you are claiming, nobody promises a fortune, it's a "Micro Earning" possibility. The payments are done instantly (in most cases).

Now it's harder to make profit, but some time ago it was very possible. People could make 0.002 BTC easily every day without any referral. Much better than any PTC site we see paying $0.001 per view. Faucet helped a lot in the beginning of BTCs and still help who uses it.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
marlboroza
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 2270

View Profile
November 26, 2016, 11:01:41 PM

Faucets are created to introduce people to bitcoin, and later they become real business, where faucets users solve captchas and click on ads for money, faucet owners get money from ad networks because of those clicks,ad networks get money from people who are advertising there, and advertisers get money, well, from faucet users because they found something interesting to buy Grin
To be honest with you, 7-8 months ago you could make some fine extra cash with faucets, but these days its just impossible.
Qwiner

Activity: 294

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 05:01:02 PM

Yes, so the best way to go when using faucets is to stay away from faucets that do not paid immediately, I think they are obviously scams after years of using faucets. The exception are those one that have existed for a very long time i.e. moonbit and freebit.

███████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            █     ███           ███   ▄▄▄          █          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄███████████▄         ███     ███         ███    ███         ███         ██████████████▄
 ▄███▀       ▀█▀        █████     ███       ███     ███        █████        ███        ▀▀███
▄██▀                   ███ ███     ███     ███      ███       ███ ███       ███          ███
███                   ███   ███     ███   ███       ███      ███   ███      ███        ▄▄███
███                  ███     ███     ███ ███        ███     ███     ███     ██████████████▀
▀██▄                ███       ███     █████         ███    ███       ███    ███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
 ▀███▄       ▄█▄   ███         ███     ███          ███   ███         ███   ███      ▀███▄
   ▀███████████▀  ███           ███     █           ███  ███           ███  ███        ▀███▄
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ███
                ███
▌  .
winspiral
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2017, 05:31:26 PM

Yes, so the best way to go when using faucets is to stay away from faucets that do not paid immediately, I think they are obviously scams after years of using faucets. The exception are those one that have existed for a very long time i.e. moonbit and freebit.

I pay direct with a minimum payout 10000 satoshi for already over 1 year and it is not a scam...if it were...we would know...(lol)

european_guy

Activity: 58

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 10:19:51 AM

Don't be too scared of high fees for dusty inputs.

I got this rather big transaction through yesterday in less than 17 hours for only 5000 satoshi.
That's 2257 bytes with a fee of only 2.215 sat/Byte (= next to nothing):

https://blockchain.info/de/tx/8b86a48f0b1f504004a3ff5eec6a3f7be98548e048f5db1a26c5d33367ac257d

Nevertheless, from now on I aim to get payouts from faucets for amounts of at least 100,000 satoshi.
spngebob

Activity: 770
Merit: 254

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 10:50:44 AM

Don't be too scared of high fees for dusty inputs.

I got this rather big transaction through yesterday in less than 17 hours for only 5000 satoshi.
That's 2257 bytes with a fee of only 2.215 sat/Byte (= next to nothing):

https://blockchain.info/de/tx/8b86a48f0b1f504004a3ff5eec6a3f7be98548e048f5db1a26c5d33367ac257d

Nevertheless, from now on I aim to get payouts from faucets for amounts of at least 100,000 satoshi.
or use viabtc, pay 10K fee and wait even less...
Dog2puppy

Activity: 90

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 11:50:58 PM

What about paid link shorteners (BTC.ms or coin.mg for example)? Would those be conidered referal spam?
minifrij
Legendary

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2017, 12:05:19 AM

What about paid link shorteners (BTC.ms or coin.mg for example)? Would those be conidered referal spam?
See rule number 5:
"No link shortners that requires users to view an ad."
ybsok

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 02:16:52 AM

Turns out the faucet still has so much attention, it is worth studying
phieudu0408

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 01:54:39 AM

Thanks for taking the time to make this warning. Reserved
burky156

Activity: 658
Merit: 112

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 03:42:07 PM

Thanks for the warning sir
bitcoworld

Activity: 357

Casino & Slot Reviews

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2017, 03:19:03 AM

Nice, thanks that you took some time to make this therd it helped me aot in 2015
appertiece it

btc-sites.com          │         The Best Crypto Casinos
Top 10+ Bitcoin Casinos & Gambling Crypto Sites
burky156

Activity: 658
Merit: 112

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 11:03:39 AM

Faucets are dangerous you are very right..
bitcoworld

Activity: 357

Casino & Slot Reviews

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2017, 11:11:13 AM

Explain why faucets are dangerous?
You mean more new faucets which scam after some weeks
are mostly this ones which are on FacetHub or System or whatever the Facuet MicroPayment Sites plops of
the groud like all kind of other scam businesses... If you use one of this kinda new not really long Proofed
businesses it is mostly your own fold trought lack in expirience you made a bad decition to join there...

btc-sites.com          │         The Best Crypto Casinos
Top 10+ Bitcoin Casinos & Gambling Crypto Sites
miccb

Activity: 57

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 04:09:19 PM

Some knew that there are consequences in using faucets.
What was provided here showed a detailed picture-well appreciated.
zikabra

Activity: 574
Merit: 139

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 05:33:44 PM

are mostly this ones which are on FacetHub or System or whatever the Facuet MicroPayment Sites plops of
the groud like all kind of other scam businesses... If you use one of this kinda new not really long Proofed
businesses it is mostly your own fold trought lack in expirience you made a bad decition to join there...
Scam is smallest problem.
Bigger problem would be ads which are spreading malware.
And I read that any site can mine monero and hide it from users. Faucets can be dangerous.
shaw1

Activity: 504
Merit: 297

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 02:50:51 PM

To be entirely fair, the faucets mining Monero can actually help the user earn money too. When done right.
(I'm assuming you are referring to Coinhive, and their service here. Not affiliated, but do use.)

For the idiots out there that *do* hide using it, and don't have users opt in, yeah. They're just idiotic jerks. Especially since the earnings from mining make a-ads look like generous benefactors.

The so called malware is just a script that will hijack resources. It isn't particularly dangerous, unless you are on mobile with limited battery, or have a cpu that likes to overheat.  Wink

I don't think faucets are dangerous. I just think it is very easy to fail. There isn't much money to be made, so people just close up shop. And to be honest, can they really be blamed? If they promised payouts, they should fulfill them, but I can commiserate that it isn't much fun to have to finish payouts on sites that turn out to be unprofitable.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
winspiral
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2017, 11:33:31 AM

Monero mining is an opportunity.
I agree that trying visitors to mine against own volunty is not fair.
I propose at my visitors to chose and they can follow the earning from other people who have opted to mine XMR.

TianaStam

Activity: 218
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 09:30:40 PM

Well, all ther reasons of why faucets are dengerous were discussed on the most first page kinda. So, I don't know what kind of explaining and proves you are asking for.
I am a brand new here but I already understood that it is better do not even try this. Many people wrote that faucet it is just wasting of time Undecided
pernikar
Copper Member

Activity: 24

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 02:54:20 AM

Hi, new guy here (new on the forum, not in crypto). I'm a bit unclear on the rules of this sub. I see a lot of threads here by users announcing/promoting their faucets with no problems from the mods. So I though I'd post a thread introducing my own faucet as well and it got deleted.

Why did mine got deleted while others are allowed?
Adam556

Activity: 953
Merit: 102

★★ freecoyn.com ★★

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2017, 12:04:02 PM

Hi, new guy here (new on the forum, not in crypto). I'm a bit unclear on the rules of this sub. I see a lot of threads here by users announcing/promoting their faucets with no problems from the mods. So I though I'd post a thread introducing my own faucet as well and it got deleted.

Why did mine got deleted while others are allowed?

Was it posted in the correct sub? Did it take the form of a referral link or direct?

>> THECRYPTOADVISER.CO.UK - Crypto blog, guides, features & news <<
>> Freebitco.in - Win a LAMBO! Faucet, betting + EARN INTEREST on your BTC <<
>> Cointiply - high paying SURVEYS, BTC faucet, videos, Jackpot, PPC, PVP game soon <<
pernikar
Copper Member

Activity: 24

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 02:16:11 PM

Was it posted in the correct sub? Did it take the form of a referral link or direct?

Oh I see, I used a referral, my bad. Thank you.
shaw1

Activity: 504
Merit: 297

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 08:23:14 AM

I am not sure about links to app stores, but ref links, and codes are not allowed.
However, in your forum signature, I believe you are allowed to use such links. Smiley

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
snakebyte

Activity: 9

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 10:47:56 AM

Can't make money anymore Cry
abasinkanga

Activity: 25

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 10:52:42 AM

Thanks for this information on faucets. The comments also helped... I enjoyed reading through.
Truly there are many pitfalls with faucets... But like everything crypto, there is the good bad and ugly everywhere... Just take a look at ICOs you will see what i mean.
In conclusion, most faucets are unreliable, but those that are able to weather the storms of time, will prove the best and most reliable, like freebitco.in (the recent strategy they are using to entice users to store their bitcoins on their site is pretty commendable, though i pray its not a two edged sword in disguise) and coinpot ( this site is much commendable with their strategy of collecting all coins in one place and converting between them all, then the juice of it all is their recently introduced coinpot token)
noibuoncuadem_ver1

Activity: 16

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 02:35:45 AM

I'm scared scam  Cry
hanibe

Activity: 1

View Profile
September 06, 2019, 10:31:46 PM

i'm talking on tap is.btcnews it's great to claim every 5 minutes. has acceptable offers. the EXCHANGE and Crypto Surprise and the TRANSACTION.
for Remove offers coinbase as solutions.
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 1240

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2019, 08:17:18 AM

The key to faucets is faucets that do their business "off-chain".  Using the internal services of different companies loses some positives with blockchain, but the savings far exceed the negative.

Just keep your balance building up on-site off-chain and then when it is worth something... move it on-chain to your wallet.

It took me years to figure this out, but alas...

I've paid some SERIOUS fees in batching TONS of little shits.  Also, your wallet will start to run like hammered hell with a ton of micro txids.  Trust me.  Not fun! Tongue

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
pas30

Activity: 7
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 25, 2020, 11:05:25 PM

Hello,

I create with a friend a faucet now, the website is finished and we will launch the faucet in some days.
I have a question : why faucet would be Dangerous or risky for members Huh

Example : we pay directly with coinbase with no minimum and too with 2 others payments methods expresscrypto and faucetpay. So for our example we can't be a scam because you can receive money from 1 Satoshi only

Our website have too some games like betting and lotto, all is 100 % free and you can win big money with this games.

Dear faucet users do you have any idea or services you want to find on a faucet ?

Thanks
okorieemmanuel

Activity: 269
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2022, 06:46:38 AM

Faucets gave me my first cryptocurrency so I can never admit they are dangerous or even risky? There is no risk for users. Users should simply check the website online for virus using sucuri site check before using it.

https://sitecheck.sucuri.net/

If the website redirect you to another page (e.g shortlink) then
1. don't click anything
2. Check the new landing page for virus using sucuri site check.
3. If it is clean, then continue and earn from the faucet.

Some Faucets don't redirect users. I recommend such faucets for users. This Faucets are not dangerous, just use it with caution the same way you would browse a new site.
Holly8

Activity: 58

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2022, 09:59:28 PM

Faucets gave me my first cryptocurrency so I can never admit they are dangerous or even risky? There is no risk for users. Users should simply check the website online for virus using sucuri site check before using it.

1. don't click anything

Some Faucets don't redirect users. I recommend such faucets for users. This Faucets are not dangerous, just use it with caution the same way you would browse a new site.

There is a faucet site that keeps redirecting me and I cant get back to the faucet page. Most of the time it redirects to a page with a big robot that tells me to click. Makes me wonder if the site is set up like that on purpose. They probably used the faucet to lure people there so that the owner can earn from ads. They never have to spend their funds with all that redirections.
okorieemmanuel

Activity: 269
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2022, 07:14:02 PM

1. don't click anything

There is a faucet site that keeps redirecting me and I cant get back to the faucet page. Most of the time it redirects to a page with a big robot that tells me to click. Makes me wonder if the site is set up like that on purpose. They probably used the faucet to lure people there so that the owner can earn from ads. They never have to spend their funds with all that redirections.

Please, I'll advise you not to visit the website again. This is a clear illustration of a spam site, I hope your antivirus software was on when you clicked the first time in ignorance. Please be careful when earning from. bitcoin faucets website. Some are genuine while others are mischievous.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: