Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 01:23:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Freenode channel ##btcst-open available for _ALL_ discussion....  (Read 2195 times)
Sp0tter (OP)

Activity: 285
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 10:40:02 PM

I registered  ##btcst-open  on irc.freenode.net in order to have a place where people can chat about the situation with pirateat40 and bitcoin savings and trust without fear of being banned or censored ....   people are banned left and right in #btcst for any dissent shown.. and it is a little out of hand.

Come chat if you want.

Disclaimer: Still,  calls for direct violence are not welcome here, as that is silly as well as illegal (or at least against freenode terms of service).  But indirect comments such as "i'm selling pitchforks!" are fine Smiley

Edit:
I hope the double hash does not confuse people.  ## is required for all non-official channels on freenode.. policy and what not...  or as pirateat40 would say "all i can tell you is it is legal stuff"   Smiley

http://allchains.info - First to provide difficulty estimates for forks.
bitcoiners

Activity: 322

View Profile
August 30, 2012, 01:57:41 AM

I registered  ##btcst-open  on irc.freenode.net in order to have a place where people can chat about the situation with pirateat40 and bitcoin savings and trust without fear of being banned or censored ....   people are banned left and right in #btcst for any dissent shown.. and it is a little out of hand.

Come chat if you want.

Disclaimer: Still,  calls for direct violence are not welcome here, as that is silly as well as illegal (or at least against freenode terms of service).  But indirect comments such as "i'm selling pitchforks!" are fine Smiley

Edit:
I hope the double hash does not confuse people.  ## is required for all non-official channels on freenode.. policy and what not...  or as pirateat40 would say "all i can tell you is it is legal stuff"   Smiley

Well I can't even join the chat anymore @ #btcst.  What happened?  It go private or what?
Sp0tter (OP)

Activity: 285

View Profile
August 30, 2012, 05:27:07 PM

They just require that you be authenticated with nickserv.

http://allchains.info - First to provide difficulty estimates for forks.
ErebusBat

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
August 31, 2012, 11:13:31 PM

As someone who has been in #btcst since before it was announced I can tell you why people are being banned, and it is not because of disent.

Excessive trolling
Attacks on pirate (constantly asking how the ponzi is goin)
That is about it.

In general if you are being an annoying prick you will probably get the banhammer

░▒▓█ Coinroll.it - 1% House Edge Dice Game █▓▒░ • Coinroll Thread • *FREE* 100 BTC Raffle

Signup for CEX.io BitFury exchange and get GHS Instantly!  Don't wait for shipping, mine NOW!
bitlane
Internet detective

Activity: 462

I heart thebaron

View Profile
August 31, 2012, 11:16:39 PM
Last edit: August 31, 2012, 11:37:42 PM by bitlane

As someone who has been in #btcst since before it was announced I can tell you why people are being banned, and it is not because of disent.

Excessive trolling
That is about it.

In general if you are being an annoying prick you will probably get the banhammer

Well, that explains alot.......

Hey, aren't YOU the guy that wants to hand over everyone's BTCST Data over to Pirate ?

Do you honestly want me to ask the Admin(s) to cross-check your IP against Trendon's known IPs.....
(all of which, Maged theymos has already said he HAS a collection of, as Trendon never used TOR)

CORRECTION: theymos alluded to the collection of IP addresses...not Maged, as I stated above. My appologies.

ErebusBat

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
August 31, 2012, 11:31:32 PM

Excessive trolling
That is about it.

Well, that explains alot.......

Hey, aren't YOU the guy that wants to hand over everyone's BTCST Data over to Pirate ?

Do you honestly want me to ask the Admin(s) to cross-check your IP against Trendon's known IPs.....
(all of which, Maged has already said he HAS a collection of, as Trendon never used TOR)

Not everyone's just bitcoinmax lenders who opt-in.  And yes that is me.

And you can cross check my IP if need be, I have only logged on from a handfull and they are all in the same region.

░▒▓█ Coinroll.it - 1% House Edge Dice Game █▓▒░ • Coinroll Thread • *FREE* 100 BTC Raffle

Signup for CEX.io BitFury exchange and get GHS Instantly!  Don't wait for shipping, mine NOW!
bitlane
Internet detective

I heart thebaron

View Profile
August 31, 2012, 11:36:11 PM

CORRECTION: theymos alluded to the collection of IP addresses...not Maged, as I stated above. My appologies.

ErebusBat

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
August 31, 2012, 11:56:14 PM

Either way... I have never attempted to hide my identity, not that I want it posted all over the forums.

It would be interesting to see what Bruno came up with though Wink

bitlane
Internet detective

I heart thebaron

View Profile
September 01, 2012, 12:19:04 AM

Great. Who is Bruno ? ....and is this supposed to reveal that I am a sockpuppet for someone else ? or that I am responsible for the downfall of Bitcoin ?

ErebusBat

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
September 01, 2012, 12:31:00 AM

Great. Who is Bruno ? ....and is this supposed to reveal that I am a sockpuppet for someone else ? or that I am responsible for the downfall of Bitcoin ?

HAHA  no...   Guilty conscious?

Bruno == Phinn Gauge

bitlane
Internet detective

I heart thebaron

View Profile
September 01, 2012, 01:02:33 AM

HAHA  no...   Guilty conscious?

Bruno == Phinn Gauge

Not a guilty conscience.....but if Phin is on the case, there's always a chance that I (or anyone here) could be implicated in the Watergate Scandal, 9/11, the Regan Shooting or named as one of the conspirators responsible for Global Warming or a price increase @ McDonald's on BigMacs....LoL

I just need to remain on his good side Wink

ErebusBat

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
September 01, 2012, 01:06:32 AM

Ain't that the truth.

repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 01, 2012, 03:05:50 AM

Not a guilty conscience.....but if Phin is on the case, there's always a chance that I (or anyone here) could be implicated in the Watergate Scandal, 9/11, the Regan Shooting or named as one of the conspirators responsible for Global Warming or a price increase @ McDonald's on BigMacs....LoL

You're just throwing out red herrings to cover up your responsibility for the Great Depression and the Hindenburg disaster.

I'm somewhat amused that Phin hasn't found something nefarious in the fact that both Tihan and pirate like to play poker.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
ErebusBat

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
September 01, 2012, 03:35:56 AM

You're just throwing out red herrings to cover up your responsibility for the Great Depression and the Hindenburg disaster.

I'm somewhat amused that Phin hasn't found something nefarious in the fact that both Tihan and pirate like to play poker.

AND MICON!

slider1978

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 01, 2012, 03:42:47 AM

I knew it! Bitlane is the Lindberg Baby!
Snapman

Activity: 291

BTCRadio Owner

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2012, 05:05:21 AM

FREEEDOOOOMMM, finally some truth to it all.

BTCRadio: 17cafKShokyQCbaNuzaDo5HLoSnffMNPAs
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: