Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:40:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to check whether I have received any bitcoin from an address ever before  (Read 2293 times)
chits (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 03:07:59 PM

My friend sent me some bitcoins "he says so"

But I want to confirm whether He has ever send any amount to my address ever and if he did

Then how many times and when and list of all the transactions.

Is there any way I can know this?
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4046
Merit: 1301

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 03:12:34 PM

But I want to confirm whether He has ever send any amount to my address ever and if he did

Some options:
1. Ask him for the transaction id then enter it on a block explorer (e.g. blockr.io  or blockchain.info)

2. Enter your bitcoin address on one of the block explorers and look at the transaction list.

chits (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 03:49:31 PM

Some options:
1. Ask him for the transaction id then enter it on a block explorer (e.g. blockr.io  or blockchain.info)

2. Enter your bitcoin address on one of the block explorers and look at the transaction list.

The transaction is old that's why I need a service or a site which can explore all the transactions and find out the one I am looking for.
achow101_alt

Activity: 268
Merit: 256

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 03:51:04 PM

As cr1776 said earlier, take the your address, go to blockchain.info or any simlar block explorer, and enter your address into the search bar. It will pull up any and all transactions to your address and you will be able to see when, how much, and from what address your friend sent the Bitcoins from.

Tip Me!: 1AQx99s7q1wVinbgXbA48BaZQVWpHe5gYM | My PGP Key: Fingerprint 0x17565732E08E5E41
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2015, 05:23:01 PM

The best way is for your friend "who says so" to provide you with the transaction ID(s) for the coins he sent.  If you have that, you have proof.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
Sarthak

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

Error 404: there seems to be nothing here.

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 05:24:32 PM

Just post your address at blockchain.info search!
And you can see all the money received by that address with their date Smiley

chaosknight

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 05:54:29 PM

you can search for your bitcoin address transaction history on blockchain.info
open your bitcoin address page. and click ctrl+f in your browser and paste BTC address of your friend,it will show you transaction from your friends bitcoin address to yours.if your address had a lot of transaction history then go to next page of your transaction history and search his address again and repeat this for all your transaction history pages on blockchain.info
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2015, 10:26:55 PM

Your "friend" could be claiming prior transactions as his own. Have him sign a message with the private key he sent from, then you can know you're looking up his address.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
fox19891989

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 05:43:18 PM

blockchain.info/address/

Use it, the most popular block explorer, you can copy paste your address to this site, very simple and easy to see the transaction history.

about:"how many times and when and list of all the transactions."

You can check txid, and there are details there, you can see them.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 06:58:26 PM

Some options:

The transaction is old that's why I need a service or a site which can explore all the transactions and find out the one I am looking for.

without knowing the date or the correct address, it's impossible... at least you know the amount? we could restrict the searching area with this single data
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: