Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:54:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: (H)0.88BTC (W)Paypal  (Read 631 times)
PaypalAccountGuru (OP)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 01:47:05 AM

Does anyone buy btc with paypal, I have .88btc or sale and need paypal funds. Escrow or you send first

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rony_90

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 06:23:01 AM

Does anyone buy btc with paypal, I have .88btc or sale and need paypal funds. Escrow or you send first
I have been looking for this for a long time. I have $222 in my Paypal.
I will be happy if you use escrow to avoid scams Smiley
If you are interested please leave me a PM.

~Rony

cloudthink.io   

Truly Profitable Investment Packages
Custom-Built ASIC Miners ● #1 Self-Sustainable Bitcoin Mining Service in the World ●
koelen3
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1007

Sooner or later, a man who wears two faces forgets

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 01:22:27 PM

~Rony

Paypal Trades aren't Escrowed. As paypal is reversible and the Escrow is pointless.
@OP while accepting paypal you're running in a huge risk , stay safe.
KAMRUL

Activity: 34

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 01:29:27 PM

i don't post too much just thought maybe my post can save you from scammer who knows ....as you want just PayPal just trade with people who have a huge reputation here ...just wait you will find someone trusted ...

Don't trust anyone else ...as funds can be reversible

this topic can help you more https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=14632.0
xetsr
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 04:13:33 PM

~Rony

Paypal Trades aren't Escrowed. As paypal is reversible and the Escrow is pointless.

Not true. Escrow is used for PayPal trades all the time around here and is recommended. Remember: Escrow doesn't protect the seller of BTC but neither does you sending first.

You're also assuming every transaction can be reversed. This is also not true.
homm99

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 04:45:41 PM

~Rony

Not true. Escrow is used for PayPal trades all the time around here and is recommended. Remember: Escrow doesn't protect the seller of BTC but neither does you sending first.

Every Paypal transaction can be reversed. No exceptions.

To minimize the risk, you can take following steps:

1.) Limit the amount of Paypal funds you accept from any single buyer - mitigates risk and scammers are less likely to chargeback small trades. 10 $30 trades are safer than one $300 trade.
2.) Charge a premium to compensate for the risks that you're taking by accepting Paypal.
3.) Having the other user send the funds as Friends/Family option should be required. The buyer wont be able to file a standard dispute directly on site, but can still open an unauthorized dispute or to open the dispute by calling Paypal.
4.) Have the buyer send you an email from their Paypal email address. Verifying they actually are the owner of the email address greatly reduces the risk of dealing with stolen Paypal accounts.
5.) Only trade with users whom you trust. If you don't trust them enough to go first to them with your bitcoins, you don't trust them enough to accept Paypal from them.

Thanks.
Gismo28

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 06:01:37 PM

~Rony

Every Paypal transaction can be reversed. No exceptions.

To minimize the risk, you can take following steps:

1.) Limit the amount of Paypal funds you accept from any single buyer - mitigates risk and scammers are less likely to chargeback small trades. 10 $30 trades are safer than one $300 trade.
2.) Charge a premium to compensate for the risks that you're taking by accepting Paypal.
3.) Having the other user send the funds as Friends/Family option should be required. The buyer wont be able to file a standard dispute directly on site, but can still open an unauthorized dispute or to open the dispute by calling Paypal.
4.) Have the buyer send you an email from their Paypal email address. Verifying they actually are the owner of the email address greatly reduces the risk of dealing with stolen Paypal accounts.
5.) Only trade with users whom you trust. If you don't trust them enough to go first to them with your bitcoins, you don't trust them enough to accept Paypal from them.

Thanks.
1.Good idea and yet i know some small amount scammers...
2.isnt making any difference...
3.bad idea because paypal hates it if they dont get a cut of your business Smiley a refund is pretty easy...basically the scammer can claim he accidently sent his payment to a wrong adress...thats it..
4.i agree with you..it definatley avoids fraud..
5.trust no one but yourself...golden rule Smiley

regards
gogodr

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 06:08:00 PM

If you state on the transaction that it was for digital goods, paypal wont help you at all and the transaction can't be reversed.
I got scammed not long ago and lost a couple of bucks from my paypal account.
rony_90

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 04:26:02 AM

Dont trade with OP. He is a scammer and you will most probably not see your money back again.

Here's a message he sent me in PM :-

I woul like to trade with you , Do you mind sending first. I have the coin and will send immedtally after I receive the paypal transfer.. You can send for goods and service so you can stay protected... if you really wanted I will also accept gift payment ... We could escrow but theres nothing stopping you from charging back after getting the coin , I rather we both take a chance then it be a oneside adventure

I left him a negative trust too Smiley

cloudthink.io   

Truly Profitable Investment Packages
Custom-Built ASIC Miners ● #1 Self-Sustainable Bitcoin Mining Service in the World ●
hedgy73
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 08:55:20 AM

Dont trade with OP. He is a scammer and you will most probably not see your money back again.

Here's a message he sent me in PM :-

I woul like to trade with you , Do you mind sending first. I have the coin and will send immedtally after I receive the paypal transfer.. You can send for goods and service so you can stay protected... if you really wanted I will also accept gift payment ... We could escrow but theres nothing stopping you from charging back after getting the coin , I rather we both take a chance then it be a oneside adventure

I left him a negative trust too Smiley

Thanks for the info, have left negative too. Sounds like a scam to me!
ash312

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 11:42:58 AM

paypal is very risky dear
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: