Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:24:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Does Satoshi still have plans to access his coins?  (Read 3895 times)
Leeroy Jenkins

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

Mmmh mhmhh mmmm.

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 03:47:51 AM

Satoshi probably deleted all copies of his private keys to prevent himself from falling into temptation. This does not address wether he handed those keys to someone else for a possible diversionary tactic later on.

What's wrong with you guys? Not enough tinfoil these days? Roll Eyes

He could also have setup a deadman's switch to erase any traces on his dev systems (if he died or lost access to them after a period of time).

Federal Trade Commission vs Butterfly Labs

Made ya look. ; )

brush242 ( https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=199652 ) aka TheBitcoinimist aka Rush Reid aka Ken Hunlenton aka Steve Reid aka perfectlycromulentword aka Stephen Mark Reid says: "BFL is fucked" READ THE EARTH-SHATTERING COMMENTARY AT >>>> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=150803.msg9614841#msg9614841 <<<<
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 05:26:19 AM

Give me one proof (valid proof) 'prove' that he is dead .

I asked first .

But satoshi's email got hacked..he could have informed people through p2p foundation before that account was hacked too but NO! Plus he could have come up online here and told people that his account was hacked to stop the hacker from scamming but he didn't do that too.. This must be enough! Your turn now! Smiley

Interesting point of view, but as an user said he "back online" one time in the 2014 to say "I'm not Dorian nakamoto". However you are free to believe whatever you want Wink.

Maybe one day he will back online and he will write something else.
DDOSbtc

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2015, 05:35:29 AM

""  Does Satoshi still have plans to access his coins? ""

yes ofcourse i think...
or he is dead.. Sad
AGD
Legendary

Activity: 2069
Merit: 1164

Keeper of the Private Key

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 06:00:43 AM

Everything looks like he is dead, but he might still have had a plan to access his coins afterlife.

Bitcoin is not a bubble, it's the pin!
+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
shulio
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 07:45:48 AM

Satoshi is dead! Ok He wants to be Anonymous! What's the reason behind going offline forever? I don't see any genuine reason! Hundreds of thousands of people die everyday, cant satoshi be one of them?

Have you ever thought of the possibilites that satoshi wish to stay anonimous becayse he doesnt want people to know who he is because he might be a celebrity and alot of countries will be pursuing him in attempt to make him work for the country? Satoshi could be the quiet guy that doesnt need any fame at all and no there is no proof that he is dead already

AGD
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 08:18:42 AM

Satoshi is dead! Ok He wants to be Anonymous! What's the reason behind going offline forever? I don't see any genuine reason! Hundreds of thousands of people die everyday, cant satoshi be one of them?

Have you ever thought of the possibilites that satoshi wish to stay anonimous becayse he doesnt want people to know who he is because he might be a celebrity and alot of countries will be pursuing him in attempt to make him work for the country? Satoshi could be the quiet guy that doesnt need any fame at all and no there is no proof that he is dead already

Where is your proof that he is alive?

+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
fonenumba

Activity: 411
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 08:25:09 AM

If he is still alive , I dont think he has plans to access his coins. I think he is already rewarded to get successfully Bitcoin alive. And thats enough for him.

He just moved on his life. Im really doubtful he will back to Bitcoin in any sense(if hes alive). But definitely, it will be debated by us for along time.
R2D221

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 01:07:15 PM

there is no proof that he is dead already

Where is your proof that he is dead?

An economy based on endless growth is unsustainable.
majorX

Activity: 267

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 01:15:55 PM

Where is the proof I didn't rejoin the army and go and chew gum and kick ass?

I believe I am alive but I will not return as the great satoshi because the fame was getting to much. For everyone's information I never deleted my private keys and when the time is right I will be offloading them on you all my friendly bunch.

Note.. I am not satoshi but I don't believe he deleted keys but do wonder where the fk he is, abducted by aliens? Was an alien! hmmmm
AGD
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 03:49:29 PM

Proof:

fryarminer

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 12:50:08 PM

Proof:

My new desktop image hahaha!
BTC_Superman

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 06:37:48 PM

Time will say, waiting some more months what will happen.
juju

Activity: 381

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 07:55:01 PM

Well not much proof exists either way, the message satoshi sent revealing to us he is not Dorian Nakamoto on GMX.com, could be considered a sign that he is alive. Granted he should have signed the message to give us more validation. More likely than him being dead is he is just involved with other research topics currently, satoshi was well aware of the 'hornets nest' before/during/after Bitcoin was introduced to the public. Satoshi's entrance, existence and exit in the community were all carefully planned out ahead of time.

Also for those thinking that satoshi 'lost' his private keys... stop kidding yourself. If someone architects a system reliant on asymmetric cryptography, how could they ever forget to save the KeyPairs...never would that happen.
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2015, 09:00:28 PM

I was doing some research on Counterparty and thought "Why didn't Satoshi "burn" his coins if he didn't have any intention to access them again?"

So maybe we'll see those coins move in the future?

Edit:  For the newbies.  Here's a wiki for "proof of burn" https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Proof_of_burn
I think the coins will eventually move to either a burn address or to a charity or something.

I don't think he just deleted his wallet, unless he did it accidentially and then just gave up.
Pab
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 10:51:51 PM

I think that Satoshi is not one man,it is project of more people,what they will do or did do,i dont,i think thay didnt expected that in so short time it will be so huge,future is always crazy

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2015, 02:26:20 AM

Satoshi is living in a crawlspace inside Gavin's home.

Late at night he sneaks out and they drink ice-cold Snapple™ and talk about how they'll spend all that BTC one day.
ticoti

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 02:27:41 AM

I think he will live on bitcoin if he can,but I think he will never sell 100% of bitcoins he have to dump,it would be really bad for the market and bitcoin enviroment
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2015, 02:33:47 AM

At this point six years in, there is little reason to believe Satoshi will ever exchange any of his/her/their bitcoins for fiat.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
AGD
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 04:27:30 AM

Well not much proof exists either way, the message satoshi sent revealing to us he is not Dorian Nakamoto on GMX.com, could be considered a sign that he is alive. Granted he should have signed the message to give us more validation. More likely than him being dead is he is just involved with other research topics currently, satoshi was well aware of the 'hornets nest' before/during/after Bitcoin was introduced to the public. Satoshi's entrance, existence and exit in the community were all carefully planned out ahead of time.

Also for those thinking that satoshi 'lost' his private keys... stop kidding yourself. If someone architects a system reliant on asymmetric cryptography, how could they ever forget to save the KeyPairs...never would that happen.

Not when his email account was hacked and a random hacker has sent this message, like in this case...

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 07:01:50 AM

At this point six years in, there is little reason to believe Satoshi will ever exchange any of his/her/their bitcoins for fiat.

there is any proof that he did not exchanged any at all yet? i don't think so, he could also be the cause of the crash from 1200 to 200
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: