Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:38:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GRT] Grantcoin: Currency with a Conscience (old thread)  (Read 36100 times)
missionsuccess

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 09:48:57 PM
Last edit: July 15, 2015, 08:21:55 PM by missionsuccess

so should we trade between ourselves to get the volume?

The volume has been up passed .2 BTC the past couple days but if you would like to add some trading volume it would be appreciated.

Thanks for the support!
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
missionsuccess

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 09:57:19 PM

i Have a dream with Grantcoin , waiting when many investor join to here . and now i could get more cheap coin . y , I know now tis coin not have huge comuunity , but we still strong .

I had a similar dream the other night, the Grantcoin network will be a community of people that have good values to lend a helping hand across the globe Smiley.

Thank you my fellow brother or sister for your support!
missionsuccess

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 10:18:03 PM
Last edit: July 15, 2015, 08:19:38 PM by missionsuccess

I am very much looking for a long term investment and trust me I dont like crypto pump and dumps any more than the next guy, but to be honest, I am unsatisfied with those answers. I  have really liked the dev team so far, but to not have a true end goal value is a little half baked imo. It is naive to believe that GRT will at all replace fiats and as such, GRT should have a fiat value or it is useless. Not to mention by its nature, if a crypto did replace fiats, it would not be GRT to do it, it would more likely be a gov’t affiliated crypto or a crypto without a humanitarian agenda. A true trade currency. The objective should be to work with the fiat of those in need, not try and reconstruct the monetary system. To help both the investors and those in need, there should be an optimal equivalence to a fiat. I would expect something like a dollar parity.

I'm glad to hear your looking for a long term investment in the crypto space.  Also we appreciate hearing that you are satisfied with the GRT dev team, we are thankful for them and the passion they have for this project.  

I understand your frustrated perspective being an investor to get an answer to the long term goal conversion to fiat but I honestly have no idea how anyone would come up with that value.  I'm assuming you are an XRP investor with the dialogue we've had on XRPtalk, do you know what the value of XRP will be by the end of the year, 5 years?  Or any other crypto?  I sure don't and when I asked our resources at Ripple Labs they say the same thing, "who knows"... Ripple Labs doesn't even know how they are going to distribute the remaining 70 billion XRP with the unknowns that are present in crypto.  GRT has a well defined plan of how the currency will be distributed and the markets being targeted, if you do the math of the revenue loops that are tied to those markets a conversion can be made.

But honestly my personal end goals are when I can feed my family with GRT, when my family in Venezuela can transact for groceries with GRT instead of dealing in diapers because the fiat Bolivares is in hyper inflation.

I enjoy hearing your perspective on these forums, we would be honored to have a more intimate conversation via email if you would like; mail@grantcoin.org.  
National

Activity: 255
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 01:57:38 PM

Excellent points. I do like the team and concept. Of course, I would not expect you to be able to definitively state what the value will be, but for example, RL has stated their target value is 1 USD. Busy now but I'll be sure to contact you guys directly over the weekend!
missionsuccess

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 12:07:37 PM

Hey Dimox,

Thanks for sharing this, its unfortunate that the average daily volume isn't meeting .2 BTC for bittrex but it was anticipated with GRT only being 2 months old.  We fortunately have friendly traders to get the minimum .2 BTC volume a day running at losses.

Thanks again for your support!   

Yeah, no worries everyone, we won't let the coin get delisted. There are enough people who care about this coin's future and will either buy more or trade among ourselves to make sure that there's enough volume, during this very early stage when the coin is still only a couple months old. Smiley

I want to thank everyone's trading volume this past week, it looks like Bittrex is keeping GRT listed.  We'll have to keep an eye on it while its still early but with the projects that are going to be announced in the near future hopefully more people will see that this is not just your ordinary altcoin Smiley

Thanks again for all your support to help make Grantcoin a reality!
The Grantcoin Foundation (OP)

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2015, 07:24:47 PM

Send Grantcoin on Twitter with New Web-Based Wallet App

Posted on July 22, 2015 by The Grantcoin Foundation
http://www.grantcoin.org/2015/07/22/send-grantcoin-on-twitter-with-new-web-based-wallet-app/

The Grantcoin Foundation is pleased to announce the launch of @SendGrantcoin, a web-based wallet app that enables anyone with a Twitter account to send and receive Grantcoin in tweets. The system is fully automated, not requiring any human activity to process transactions.

“We’re excited to provide this service because it makes Grantcoin much more accessible to non-technical people,” said Eric Stetson, Executive Director of the Grantcoin Foundation. “Twitter is a perfect platform for sending digital currency, such as for social tipping, microgrants and donations to worthy causes. Integrating Grantcoin with social media makes it more useful and easy for the average person to use this currency.”

Twitter users can get a deposit address to fund their Grantcoin Twitter wallet, check their balance, and withdraw to an external Grantcoin wallet by sending either a tweet or a direct message to @SendGrantcoin. Users can send GRT to one or more recipients with a simple tweet.

No download or installation of any software is necessary to use the Grantcoin Twitter wallet. Instructions for how anyone on Twitter can immediately start using their Twitter account as a Grantcoin wallet are available at http://www.grantcoin.org/t

Grantcoin held by users of the Twitter wallet system is stored on a secure server owned and operated by the Grantcoin Foundation. Neither Twitter nor any developer outside the Grantcoin team has access to the server or funds.
chey

Activity: 367

I'm a miner not a minor.

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2015, 12:16:28 AM

http://www.grantcoin.org/2015/07/22/send-grantcoin-on-twitter-with-new-web-based-wallet-app/

The Grantcoin Foundation is pleased to announce the launch of @SendGrantcoin, a web-based wallet app that enables anyone with a Twitter account to send and receive Grantcoin in tweets. The system is fully automated, not requiring any human activity to process transactions.

“We’re excited to provide this service because it makes Grantcoin much more accessible to non-technical people,” said Eric Stetson, Executive Director of the Grantcoin Foundation. “Twitter is a perfect platform for sending digital currency, such as for social tipping, microgrants and donations to worthy causes. Integrating Grantcoin with social media makes it more useful and easy for the average person to use this currency.”

Twitter users can get a deposit address to fund their Grantcoin Twitter wallet, check their balance, and withdraw to an external Grantcoin wallet by sending either a tweet or a direct message to @SendGrantcoin. Users can send GRT to one or more recipients with a simple tweet.

No download or installation of any software is necessary to use the Grantcoin Twitter wallet. Instructions for how anyone on Twitter can immediately start using their Twitter account as a Grantcoin wallet are available at http://www.grantcoin.org/t

Grantcoin held by users of the Twitter wallet system is stored on a secure server owned and operated by the Grantcoin Foundation. Neither Twitter nor any developer outside the Grantcoin team has access to the server or funds.

That's pretty cool. I'll have to this out.

██
██
██
1st Stake
Android Wallet
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Transfercoin
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              ▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄
          ▄█▀▀▀ ▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▀█▄
       ▄█▀▀▄▄█████▀ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀█████▄▄▀▀█▄
     ▄█▀ ▄████▀▀▀ ▄███████▄ ▀▀▀████▄▀▀█▄
   ▄█▀ ▄███▀  ▄██ █████████ ██▄  ▀███▄ ▀█▄
  ▄█ ▄███▀ ▄████▀ ▀███████▀ ▀████▄ ▀███▄ █▄
 ▄█ ▄███  ████▀     ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀████  ███▄ █▄
▄█ ▄███  ███▀                   ▀███  ███▄ █▄
██ ███  ███▀                     ▀███  ███ ██
██ ███  ███                       ███  ███ ██
██ ███  ▄▄▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄  ███ ██
██ ██ ▄███████▄               ▄███████▄ ██ ██
▀█ ▀█ █████████               █████████ █▀ █▀
 ▀█ █ ▀███████▀               ▀███████▀ █ █▀
  █▄ ▀▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄██▄▄       ▄▄██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▀ ▄█
   ▀█▄ ▀███▄  ▀▀█████████████▀▀  ▄███▀ ▄█▀
     ▀█▄ ▀████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄████ ▄▄█▀
       ▀█▄▄▀▀██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀▄▄█▀
          ▀█▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀ ▄▄▄█▀
             ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀
██
██
██
National

Activity: 255

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 03:13:13 AM

Genius. Has this been done before? excellent marketing tool as well. Hats off. I have to say, while I first invested in hopes of a quick buck, I am becoming more and more impressed with the long term vision and team. Proud to be the first ripple investor. Keep up the good work. If there's anyway I can help the team, please let me know.
corather
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 04:12:49 AM

Genius. Has this been done before? excellent marketing tool as well. Hats off. I have to say, while I first invested in hopes of a quick buck, I am becoming more and more impressed with the long term vision and team. Proud to be the first ripple investor. Keep up the good work. If there's anyway I can help the team, please let me know.

It's been done with reddit, but I think this may be the first application for twitter.

mamahdedeh

Activity: 812
Merit: 100

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 05:05:20 AM

this good Cheesy
I can try some

freebird

Activity: 414

Freedom through Cryptocurrency!

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 05:58:55 AM

It's been done with reddit, but I think this may be the first application for twitter.

A few other coins have also done it with Twitter, but Grantcoin has improved the details of implementation so that tweeting coins is more intuitive and easily understandable for users, especially for people not familiar yet with crypto.

Also, an app like this fits perfectly with the overall concept of Grantcoin, and even the name of our currency. If you want to send a micro-grant of some money on social media, might as well send (a) grant (of) coin, i.e. @SendGrantcoin. And Grantcoin is primarily issued into circulation as philanthropic grants, so both on the macro and micro level this coin is perfectly suited for "paying it forward" on social media, to charities, or to anyone you think is #grantworthy. Smiley

As National mentioned, this Twitter wallet app is a great marketing tool, and the Grantcoin Foundation and our team members will be making heavy use of it for this purpose, getting the word out about Grantcoin to thousands and thousands of people, giving worthy recipients small amounts of GRT to spark their curiosity and interest. Hopefully many will start using the currency. We'll also be launching an online store in the next couple of months where people will be able to spend it, so that will increase the utility of the grants that people receive through Twitter.

Grantcoin: Currency with a Conscience. Distributed as charitable grants by a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt nonprofit organization. Learn more at Grantcoin.org
corather
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 07:20:40 AM

A few other coins have also done it with Twitter, but Grantcoin has improved the details of implementation so that tweeting coins is more intuitive and easily understandable for users, especially for people not familiar yet with crypto.

Also, an app like this fits perfectly with the overall concept of Grantcoin, and even the name of our currency. If you want to send a micro-grant of some money on social media, might as well send (a) grant (of) coin, i.e. @SendGrantcoin. And Grantcoin is primarily issued into circulation as philanthropic grants, so both on the macro and micro level this coin is perfectly suited for "paying it forward" on social media, to charities, or to anyone you think is #grantworthy. Smiley

As National mentioned, this Twitter wallet app is a great marketing tool, and the Grantcoin Foundation and our team members will be making heavy use of it for this purpose, getting the word out about Grantcoin to thousands and thousands of people, giving worthy recipients small amounts of GRT to spark their curiosity and interest. Hopefully many will start using the currency. We'll also be launching an online store in the next couple of months where people will be able to spend it, so that will increase the utility of the grants that people receive through Twitter.

Thank you for the heads up, I couldn't remember.

Question for you, will the online store feature the businesses that currently accept Grantcoin, and will you add them to the app as more businesses come on board?

Abraham_samad

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 07:27:22 AM

Wow , awesome .

how many confirmation until my deposit show ?

dev I hope you change android wallet , I dont Like this design , this design same Like windows qlient . I hope  you see another android wallet on playstore , I like wallet Ziftrcoin , Bitcoin , Litecoin . they have god interface and simple for use
freebird

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 07:10:20 PM

Question for you, will the online store feature the businesses that currently accept Grantcoin, and will you add them to the app as more businesses come on board?

The store will start as a carefully curated selection of opportunities for people to spend Grantcoin, and also selected charities that will accept it too. Generally speaking, our philosophy for developing the store will be to begin with product areas that are easier to deal with as a merchant, such as things that can be sold digitally or based on a vendor-direct business model, rather than handling inventory and shipping. We will start in a simple way and hopefully add more product categories later on, after the store demonstrates success.

We'll be putting out an announcement with some overall info about the store within the next few days. We're hoping to launch it within a couple of months.

Grantcoin: Currency with a Conscience. Distributed as charitable grants by a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt nonprofit organization. Learn more at Grantcoin.org
freebird

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 07:12:19 PM

Wow , awesome .

how many confirmation until my deposit show ?

6 confirmations.

dev I hope you change android wallet , I dont Like this design , this design same Like windows qlient . I hope  you see another android wallet on playstore , I like wallet Ziftrcoin , Bitcoin , Litecoin . they have god interface and simple for use

Thank you for your feedback and suggestion about Android wallet.

Lazada

Activity: 686

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 01:30:57 AM

I hope you make some bounty , maybe translate or everything for promotion GRT for future
missionsuccess

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 11:53:44 PM

I hope you make some bounty , maybe translate or everything for promotion GRT for future

Hey Lazada,

We certainly are looking to provide bounties for individuals willing to translate the announcements and most importantly all our documents on grantcoin.org.  We have potential resources for Spanish and Portuguese, are you willing to help provide any support for the languages you know?  If so, please contact us at mail@grantcoin.org.

Thanks,

Brandon

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2015, 04:45:52 AM

Grantcoin Foundation Shifts Fundraising Strategy, Begins Outreach to Charities

Posted on August 19, 2015 by The Grantcoin Foundation
http://www.grantcoin.org/2015/08/19/grantcoin-foundation-shifts-fundraising-strategy-begins-outreach-to-charities/

The Grantcoin Foundation, a legally incorporated nonprofit organization, has decided to stop selling reserves of Grantcoin on exchanges and will instead pursue grant funding from philanthropists and charitable foundations to fund our activities.

We will also begin seeking donations from people who wish to use Grantcoin as a convenient way to make micro-donations to charities through Twitter using our Twitter wallet app. Donors will be able receive a pre-loaded USB card with software, Grantcoin currency, instructions and tech support, and Grantcoin branded merchandise as thank-you gifts for their contribution to the Grantcoin Foundation. All Grantcoin that is given to donors will be purchased in advance by the Foundation on exchanges, rather than by distributing new Grantcoin into circulation.

The Grantcoin Foundation has also begun reaching out and establishing relationships with charities and nonprofits that are interested to use Grantcoin as a way to raise money on social media. Over the next few weeks, we will start making announcements about some of these relationships, and a new website will be launched to provide buzz for charities that accept Grantcoin.

“Exciting times are ahead for Grantcoin,” said Eric Stetson, Executive Director of the Grantcoin Foundation. “Our team has been doing a lot of work under the radar to get ready for a new phase in the development of this project, which we believe will propel Grantcoin to become one of the most widely used digital currencies.”

The Grantcoin Foundation invites everyone interested to closely follow our website, Twitter feed, and Facebook page for new announcements during the next month.

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2015, 06:54:47 PM

Grantcoin Foundation Partners with Youth Business Network in Greece

Posted on August 24, 2015 by The Grantcoin Foundation
http://www.grantcoin.org/2015/08/24/grantcoin-foundation-partners-with-youth-business-network-in-greece/

The Grantcoin Foundation is pleased to announce our partnership with Youth Business Network, a Greek NGO, to encourage adoption of Grantcoin among young entrepreneurs and small businesses in Greece and the European Union.

Youth Business Network is led by a team of young professionals in Greece with a mission to empower young people to set up their own businesses. The organization is funded by the EU’s Erasmus+ program, the Atlas Network, the Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom, and other international sponsors.

YBN will assist the Grantcoin Foundation with outreach to Greek and European entrepreneurs and business owners, to help them learn the benefits and mechanics of using cryptocurrency, specifically Grantcoin, as a payment method both for customers and business-to-business transactions. YBN will also help with translation of documents and articles about Grantcoin into the Greek language.

The Grantcoin Foundation will provide grants of Grantcoin to YBN based on demonstrated results. If things go well, YBN could eventually assist in organizing a national Grantcoin affiliate to distribute Grantcoin to sustainable businesses in Greece.

“In the wake of the Greek financial crisis, the Greek people need a more ethical and sustainable alternative than debt-based currency issued by for-profit banks,” said Eric Stetson, Executive Director of the Grantcoin Foundation. “Grantcoin, which is distributed by a nonprofit organization with a mission for social good, can fill this need and help the people and businesses of Greece build a stronger financial system for their future.”

“We look forward to working with the Grantcoin Foundation to raise awareness and increase adoption of Grantcoin in Greece and the European Union,” said Nikolaos Kostopoulos, Managing Director of Youth Business Network. “Especially among young entrepreneurs, we believe there will be growing interest in cryptocurrency technology and that many will see the benefits of Grantcoin.”

For more information:

The Grantcoin Foundation: grantcoin.org
Grantcoin Greece Facebook page (updates in Greek): https://www.facebook.com/grantcoingreece
Youth Business Network: youngentrepreneurs.eu
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1530

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 06:59:24 PM

Is there a whitepaper somewhere? I am very interested how the proof-of-participant concept is designed.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: