Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Gavin Bell (Andresen) is a USG muppet
yes - 64 (45.4%)
no - 77 (54.6%)
Total Voters: 141

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Gavin is an Agent  (Read 9705 times)
bambou (OP)

Activity: 346
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 01:13:36 PM

Yeah, let's talk about “Gavincoin” again. Why not?

Let's see how many logical fallacies appear this time.

fallacy spotted.

The game is not just to spot them, but to prove they're fallacies.

Dude whatever, im not discussing gavincoin with you. Like you know im against (at least until we face the actual issue), I know you're a Gavin-by-extension-USG sweet little cheerleader.

Please move along, you are loosing your precious time.

This is about Gavin being sold to the Worst Totalitarian System Earth has ever bare.

Non inultus premor
Cryptowatch.com

Activity: 196
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2015, 02:07:43 PM

This smell troll, but let's apply some logic to it.

facts:
1/ CIA "interview"
          https://bitcointalk.org/?topic=6652.0

"I want to get this out in the open because it is the kind of thing that will generate conspiracy theories", Gavin Andresen

Gavin is a person that obviously likes to go to conferences, to do talks and so on. Even though he's a coder, he also seems to be a people person. I think he actually got personally excited to go talk to the CIA.

It's not uncommon that high profile people in something like bitcoin will draw the interest of governments. He got an invitation to speak, accepted it, and no transcript exists, which is not uncommon for such arrangements.

Satoshi not responding anymore after Gavin mentioning he went to see the CIA. It might be a coincidence, it might not. I think the most logic assumption is that it is not a coincidence. Whereas Satoshi needed no publicity, Gavin was the opposite. Satoshi would probably never have gone to the CIA to speak, and that's probably why he do not fancy anyone else doing it either. It's not a long stretch to imagine he'd drop the ball there and then in regards to mailing with Gavin.

2/ After screwing over at the very "honorable" TBF, he has now joined the MIT's Media LAB
          https://bitcoinmagazine.com/20132/gavin-andresen-core-developers-join-mits-digital-currency-initiative/
          http://www.media.mit.edu/files/sponsors.pdf

Being a part of the TBF let Gavin do what he enjoys most, to write code and get a salary. Now he has joined MIT's Media LAB and he will continue to do the same, and have access to other academics that he can communicate with, I assume it also gives him a paycheck. He gets to do what he likes the most, and he gets paid..

3/ Forking BS over and over again. now just before the Halving. hOw friggin convenient.
          https://github.com/gavinandresen/bitcoin-git/commit/5f46da29fd02fd2a8a787286fd6a56f680073770

Please read https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=946236.0 for a great post, to get insight in these matters. I do not think Gavin is an agent. He might be, but even if he was, all the code he writes will still be viewable, so if he did something openly hostile, it would most likely be spotted, and it would be a major outcry and he'd instantly lose all trust. Other devs would take up the work, and Govcoin or Gavcoin might get traction, but there would still be Bitcoin.

Since there's no hard and factual evidence here, and there's been no proper research apart from posting a few links that does not prove anything, this thread is over the top FUD.

BCwinning

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 02:08:52 PM

The issue with let the network decide is most ppl don't read.
The "official" website only has to show his new client as the official client and they basically force
the network consensus. At the very least I'm sure they will push it as the way forward with no other
addendums or links to debate.
I for one will run a node 24/7/365 on the old software as my vote.
Hoping one of the alts will gain more traction that acts more like cash than bitcoin.

The New World Order thanks you for your support of Bitcoin and encourages your continuing support so that they may track your expenditures easier.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 02:15:53 PM

You have got to stop skipping school to watch movies.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 02:16:26 PM

Gaving is a core developer, and i doubt he even cares about the coming halving, or the bitcoin price.
It is his job to make bitcoin cope with future requirements, and i doubt we all even understand just how much he delivered.
TBF was/is a joke, but thats something else, im talking about Gavin alone now.
BCwinning

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 02:17:37 PM

Gaving is a core developer, and i doubt he even cares about the coming halving, or the bitcoin price.
It is his job to make bitcoin cope with future requirements, and i doubt we all even understand just how much he delivered.
I vote to fire him

The New World Order thanks you for your support of Bitcoin and encourages your continuing support so that they may track your expenditures easier.
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 02:28:46 PM

I vote to fire him

What would be the point, do you think someone better would step in his shoes ? ofc not, it would be the same like it is now.
Anyways, like i said many times, its the network that has the final say in the end, if majority refuses his proposal, Gavin has no power to overthrow that decision.
AGD
Legendary

Activity: 2070
Merit: 1164

Keeper of the Private Key

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 02:35:21 PM

So Satoshi comes back after years for one message, which is - at the same time - not important enough for him to sign? So he didn't care about people knowing if it was really him or not? Why then write that message anyway? Without signing this message is senseless and at least Satoshi would know that.

Bitcoin is not a bubble, it's the pin!
+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
inBitweTrust

Activity: 658
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 02:38:45 PM

I vote to fire him

That isn't the way open source projects work. Anyone is free to contribute or not and those not contributing only "vote" by choosing to use the code or not. If you disagree with the consensus made between the developers and don't like the core maintainer you can work on a separate stack/repo or create your own.

Whining about it without contributing constructive criticism like other devs are doing is just pathetic and reflect you don't understand how open source works.

I am done with this thread and will avoid being drawn in any more of these silly conversations.

AGD
Legendary

Activity: 2070
Merit: 1164

Keeper of the Private Key

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 02:46:03 PM

I would like to know Theymos' opinion about this. Maybe he can shine a light on this phoney message.

Bitcoin is not a bubble, it's the pin!
+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 02:46:17 PM

How can Galgin "not care" about the coming halving? It is related to the blocksize problem limit which he has been addressing endlessly lately. Everything has an impact as everything is connected. Im sure the halving will bring lots of media attention, which will mean newer users, which will mean more stress, which will mean the blocksize problem being more relevant than ever.
snarlpill

Activity: 910
Merit: 530

$5 24k Gold FREE 4 sign-up! Mene.com/invite/h5ZRRP

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2015, 03:25:26 PM

I think it's less likely that the CIA/US gov. is behind Gavin, Satoshi, and/or Bitcoin, and find it more likely that the US gov. is behind a few mixing sites and dark markets.

JeromeL

Activity: 554
Merit: 11

CurioInvest [IEO Live]

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 03:49:35 PM
Last edit: May 04, 2015, 04:18:44 PM by JeromeL

Quote from: inBitweTrust
Everyone who is against the blockchain limit being raised has plenty of time to submit their own commits and or finding alternative solutions and working on them like the lightning network.

Its not like we haven't discussed this for years , a plan put in place many months ago, and now you can see the actual commit that is delayed 1 year. If anything Gavin is being extremely careful and this is changing at a snails pace.

Open source projects do not work with complaints. Either submit your own commit, stay on the old chain, or work on an alternative proposal that solves the 3-7tps limitation to convince all the other devs who support the 20MB hard fork.

There's no consensus in the core dev team. So things are not as simple as you think they are. In fact Greg Maxwell, Peter Todd and Jeff Garzik make very valid arguments. Scalability can be tackled from different perspectives (lightning networks, sidechain, offchain, local difficulty depending on blocksize, increasing block size, ...). Each with there ups and downs.

Maybe if people argue and disagree, especially on the when and the how, there is a reason. Reason you should not overlook. We are talking here about a controversial hardfork, this is really serious.

futureofbitcoin

Activity: 322

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 04:22:52 PM

That is not what I asked though.
I asked: Can anyone give me the link for when Satoshi said: "I am moving on, it's in good hands with Gavin and the guys"

Thanks  Wink

He expressed interest in moving on months before and made preparations in advance but never gave a farewell message and simply disappeared leaving everyone wondering. His only response years later was :
"I am not Dorian Nakamoto."
I don't get why to everyone that 'proves" that dorian satoshi nakamoto is not THE satoshi nakamoto.

I mean if they were the same person, and he wanted to remain anonymous, what else would he say?
BitUsher
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1035

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 04:24:32 PM

Gavin always struck me as someone intelligent and sincere. There will likely have to be some compromises made and Gregory does make some valid criticisms but we need to address the transaction limitations sooner than later.
pawel7777
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1622

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2015, 06:15:46 PM

I don't get why to everyone that 'proves" that dorian satoshi nakamoto is not THE satoshi nakamoto.

I mean if they were the same person, and he wanted to remain anonymous, what else would he say?

Then he would just make a short statement that he doesn't know what the reporter is talking about and refuse further comments. While Dorian got confused and said something like "I'm no longer involved in that project" in the presence of witnesses which gave Newsweek a good reason to publish the article as a fact.

But let's not further derail this thread.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███

Duelbits 
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██
TRY OUR UNIQUE GAMES!
    ◥ DICE  ◥ MINES  ◥ PLINKO  ◥ DUEL POKER  ◥ DICE DUELS   
█▀▀

█▄▄

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
 KENONEW 

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
10,000x

MULTIPLIER
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██

NEARLY
UP TO
50%
REWARDS
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██
[/tabl
bambou (OP)

Activity: 346

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 06:52:45 PM

This smell troll, but let's apply some logic to it.

facts:
1/ CIA "interview"
          https://bitcointalk.org/?topic=6652.0

"I want to get this out in the open because it is the kind of thing that will generate conspiracy theories", Gavin Andresen
Gavin is a person that obviously likes to go to conferences, to do talks and so on. Even though he's a coder, he also seems to be a people person. I think he actually got personally excited to go talk to the CIA.
It's not uncommon that high profile people in something like bitcoin will draw the interest of governments. He got an invitation to speak, accepted it, and no transcript exists, which is not uncommon for such arrangements.

Pure conjectures. What if you are not in Gavin's head?
CIA/NSA got their own analysts. What like Gavin knowledge and coding is unique now? please.

Satoshi not responding anymore after Gavin mentioning he went to see the CIA. It might be a coincidence, it might not. I think the most logic assumption is that it is not a coincidence. Whereas Satoshi needed no publicity, Gavin was the opposite. Satoshi would probably never have gone to the CIA to speak, and that's probably why he do not fancy anyone else doing it either. It's not a long stretch to imagine he'd drop the ball there and then in regards to mailing with Gavin.

Thats more honest conjectures. Coincidence? lol no.  

2/ After screwing over at the very "honorable" TBF, he has now joined the MIT's Media LAB
          https://bitcoinmagazine.com/20132/gavin-andresen-core-developers-join-mits-digital-currency-initiative/
          http://www.media.mit.edu/files/sponsors.pdf

Being a part of the TBF let Gavin do what he enjoys most, to write code and get a salary. Now he has joined MIT's Media LAB and he will continue to do the same, and have access to other academics that he can communicate with, I assume it also gives him a paycheck. He gets to do what he likes the most, and he gets paid..

MIT MEDIA LAb = USG sponsored <=> Gavin = USG employee
Now who's interest is supposed to serve an employee again?

3/ Forking BS over and over again. now just before the Halving. hOw friggin convenient.
          https://github.com/gavinandresen/bitcoin-git/commit/5f46da29fd02fd2a8a787286fd6a56f680073770

Please read https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=946236.0 for a great post, to get insight in these matters. I do not think Gavin is an agent. He might be, but even if he was, all the code he writes will still be viewable, so if he did something openly hostile, it would most likely be spotted, and it would be a major outcry and he'd instantly lose all trust. Other devs would take up the work, and Govcoin or Gavcoin might get traction, but there would still be Bitcoin.

Since there's no hard and factual evidence here, and there's been no proper research apart from posting a few links that does not prove anything, this thread is over the top FUD.

Yes thank you i have red this, but then i'd be tempted to direct you to https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=919629.0 or https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=941331.0. The last one being a little messy.

Facts are hard to find, especially on something this sensitive. US citizens are even denied the truth regarding 911.
Banks, power, money, bitcoin, world, drugs.. I accept that I may not hold the truth, however I also recognize that it is always more complex.
The USG or even the bank(st)ers wont fold that easily. Just ask yourself what would they do.

Non inultus premor
Eastfist

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2015, 08:46:41 PM

The lot of you trying to prove points referencing stuff posted online or from media just shows you don't know the facts. You only accept what is presented to you as "facts". Gavin may not be an "agent", but I can confirm he is working with government in some capacity. Bitcoin IS a government project. Do you realize that anything that happens that may "disrupt" America must be run by the CIA/NSA first? It's all about control. So if Bitcoin succeeds, it's because CIA allowed it to. If it fails, it's because they wanted it to. In that sense, they tell Gavin to sabotage Bitcoin, then he collects his money, and throws a wrench in it. Then all his fanboys will believe it was with good intentions. By the time they lose their money, they'll blame anyone other than Gavin.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 08:57:03 PM

Stupid is the funniest kind of discussion!

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Eastfist

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2015, 08:58:10 PM

Stupid is the funniest kind of discussion!

When money is involved, fantasy and delusion is reality.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: